Chapter 6

The Demon Beast's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 6

 

Jisoo opened her eyes that morning feeling her whole body aching. Memories of last night flashed before her and she immediately looked beside her to see if Haein was still there. But he is already gone. 

 

They spent the second night together. And in both cases, she woke up alone. He... never stayed.

 

Last night... 

 

It was intense... Haein did not let her sleep until morning. His need was unbelievable. How can a man have that kind of endurance and need? 

 

Jisoo sighed. For someone being forced to bed an unattractive woman, Haein is doing a good job of pretending like he actually likes what he is doing. He was so passionate last night. Jisoo couldn't think and couldn't speak most of the time... all she did was join Haein and be swept away by him.

 

How she was able to survive that kind of night is a mystery to Jisoo. She didn't know she had that much energy. 

 

Jisoo sighed as she forced herself to get up. She dressed herself. It was just in time when a guard entered the room.

 

"The Seer wants you to see the sun." Said the guard.

 

Oh... she's been locked up here for the past days. But that is not unusual. Did the Seer suddenly had compassion on her?

 

Is she now forgiven? Is the punishment over?

 

Jisoo followed the guard out of the room. They were led to a small garden which is usually where slave buyers are brought. The Black Gates love to show off their extravagance to the slave buyers. Some prisoners, mostly women and children, are in the garden tending to the plants. 

 

Jisoo loves flowers. Their beauty is a mystery to her. She would always feel relaxed when she's in the garden. Jisoo walked around. The guard stopped following her after a while, knowing her well that when she's in the garden... she does not go elsewhere. 

 

Jisoo went to her favorite spot and saw Lisa. Lisa was running towards her. Jisoo smiled as Lisa hugged her.

 

"Oh Jisoo what happened to you? Did they punish you? Why did you have to intervene with that old woman and her grandchild? You know Black Gates do not take those actions lightly." Lisa looked at Jisoo's face and body. She seems to be checking Jisoo for any wound.

 

"What did they do to you?" Asked Lisa. "Your wrist!"

 

"Almost healed." Said Jisoo

 

"Did they chain you?" Asked Lisa

 

"For a night." Said Jisoo. 

 

"And what else did they do?" Lisa looked worried.

 

Jisoo sighed as she touched Lisa's hand.

 

"It is not as bad as I thought it would be." Said Jisoo

 

Lisa's brows closed in.

 

"Did they... did they touch you?"

 

Jisoo bit her lip hard.

 

"They forced a prisoner to do it." Said Jisoo. "He's a Chief of a clan. He... tried not to hurt me too much. He had no choice... the Seer threatened to kill his clansmen should he not do what the Seer ordered." 

 

Lisa closed her eyes tight in anger.

 

"Once I get out of this place, Black Gates are going to pay." Said Lisa

 

"Is it true?" Said a voice from behind them.

 

Jisoo turned and saw a boy, he looked like he would soon reach the age of maturity... a boy who is turning into a man.

 

"What are you asking, Boy?" Asked Lisa

 

"I am asking your younger sister." Said the boy

 

Jisoo's eyes widened. She's way older than Lisa. The boy obviously thought Jisoo is younger than Lisa. And he thought they were siblings. How adorable.

 

"Is it true that the Seer forced our Chief to bed you?" Asked the boy

 

Jisoo's eyes widened at the bluntness of the boy's words. 

 

Lisa went to the boy and covered the boy's mouth.

 

"What does such a young boy know about bedding? You should not know about it yet." Said Lisa

 

"I am already at the age where it is odd if we do not know anything about it." Said the boy, his voice muffled by Lisa's hand. 

 

"Didn't your parents teach you to respect women?"

 

The boy sighed.

 

"I did not mean to disrespect her... But I need to hear the answer and I think there's no reason to play with words." Said the boy

 

Lisa went back beside Jisoo.

 

"Why do you need to know?" Asked Lisa

 

"Because I am the reason our Chief and his warriors were captured. I... failed them... We were not able to save our clansmen, I have put the Chief and our warrior's life in danger... and now... Now because of me... Because of me the Chief was forced to bed a young girl! Our Chief detest any form of ! He hates it! And now... He was forced to a young girl..."

 

The boy is close to tears. Jisoo wanted not to be affected by the insult, but it hit her chest painfully still. The boy... is in agony of guilt. It seems like he's been carrying the burden and blaming himself all this time... that got Jisoo worried. 

 

"Jisoo is not a young girl! She's petite but she's a woman." Said Lisa

 

"Our Chief... He likes women who are beautiful and womanly in figure." Said the boy. "You are not the type our Chief would even lay eyes on. Many beautiful women seek him. But now the Seer is torturing him. She's using you to torture our Chief. He must be suffering terribly by being forced on you."

 

"Look here you insulting-"

 

"It's all right, Lisa." Said Jisoo. "The boy is right. His Chief was only forced by the Seer. I know that their Chief is the type who would do anything to protect his clan... even if it means he had to bed... someone like me."

 

Lisa looked at the boy with anger.

 

"You are going to pay for insulting my friend." Said Lisa

 

"Lisa..." Jisoo held Lisa's hand. "The boy is already suffering... He is blaming himself for what their Chief is going through."

 

Lisa sighed.

 

Jisoo went towards the boy and touched the boy's hand.

 

"I will try my best to end your Chief's suffering. Whatever I can do... I will do it." Said Jisoo. 

 

The boy's tears fell.

 

"You are a good kid. You care for your Chief like this. You are not yet strong enough to help the warriors, but you will be stronger in time. When that time comes, you will make your Chief proud." Said Jisoo

 

The boy covered his eyes with his hands as more tears fell.

 

-------

 

Haein saw Eric in the grounds later that day. His instructions were not easy to carry out, but his warriors are intelligent men. He had confidence in them.

 

"It was not easy but they pulled it off. Bobby and Suga pretended they were fighting... arguing who is stronger. And then the slave buyers saw them. They really tried to show off their strength. Both of them were bought by the same buyer." Said Eric. "They left an hour ago."

 

"Good." Said Haein. "They would know what to do."

 

Eric nodded.

 

"Are you all right, Haein?" Asked Eric. "You have been doing things for the Seer... I am certain the things she asks you to do ... are not easy."

 

Haein sighed. Eric has no idea what confusion the past nights had been bothering Haein. 

 

Eric took Haein's silence as answer. 

 

"If only I can take your place, Haein... I-"

 

"No. No one else will take my place." Said Haein. "Focus on our escape, Eric. Do not worry about me. I can handle myself."

 

"You always try to carry your own burdens. Will it not be helpful to share your burdens and unload your mind off things?" Asked Eric

 

Haein smiled.

 

"Thank you for your concern, Eric."

 

Haein touched Eric's shoulder.

 

"Everything will be fine once we're out of this place." He said.

 

Eric nodded. And then Eric walked away to do his chores.

 

Haein went to get the big blocks of wood that had to be transferred. That was the task assigned to him today.

 

His men are worried about him... that the Seer is forcing him to do something he doesn't like doing. 

 

But the truth is... He had more trouble stopping himself from wanting what the Seer has been ordering him to do. He thought he was in control... But last night...

 

Haein shook his head.

 

So much for control.

 

Haein sighed as he carried wood on his shoulder. 

 

He kept telling himself he was only doing it because he had to protect his clansmen. 

 

But what he did last night was far from being in control! He did not let Jisoo sleep until early morning. Both of them were so spent, that he did not even feel it when the guards came in an hour later. Jisoo was sound asleep, all Haein could do was cover her with his body, to protect her from the guard's eyes. 

 

Before he left the room he noticed the badages on Jisoo's wrist came lose. He was going to fix it when he saw that her wounds... They are already closed... They looked healed! How can that be? It's not possible to heal that quickly, right? She had large wounds where she was chained. Haein thought wolf tribes have the best healers...but it seems like Black Gates have better ones. 

 

Haein sighed. Why does he keep on thinking about Jisoo? 

 

Yes, the Seer does not even need to be in that room to know that she got her wish again. The guards would have seen the evidence as plain as eyes can see. Last night he did not hold back... He had marked Jisoo's body with his kisses a few times. No matter how much he tried to cover Jisoo... everyone who has eyes would see them.

 

What is it with him lately? Is he ually deprived before he arrived here? He parted ways with his last mistress almost half a year ago. He spent a night here and there with some women when his body is in extreme need ... but that seldom happened and always with a woman who agreed to only share bed for one night. He refrained from taking a new mistress. He did not need another headache. 

 

Is that why his ual drive is on high? Did he deprive himself too much?

 

Jisoo is the victim of his apparent ual deprivation. He kept on wanting more. 

 

That scent... Jisoo's scent...Jisoo's moans... her taste... the way her skin feels like on his skin... the way she reacts to his touch... her lips... the way she clumsily but passionately kissed him back...

 

Haein's jaw clenched as he felt himself hardening again just at the thought of Jisoo...

 

Is it Jisoo? Is there something about her that makes him want her so maddeningly? 

 

No... it must'nt be. She is not the type he gets attracted to... And he's only doing this for his clan... It really must be because he has deprived himself of getting laid lately. 

 

Haein dropped the wood on a room.

 

That's right... Once he gets back to the clan, he has to take a new and willing mistress. He needs to get this out of his system. 

 

Haein closed his eyes. Imagining the women he usually desires... women who are tall... voluptous and well built...

 

Why does it not appeal to him like they used to? Why did he feel numb... Why does he not get excited at the thought of them? His body is not even feeling a little heat.

 

He must have gotten some sort of illness being stuck here.

 

Haein walked out of the room on his way back to get more wood. As he was going, he saw a familiar figure walking the other side of the grounds, two guards were leading her.

 

Jisoo?

 

Haein felt his entire body tense at the sight of her. Her hood had fallen on her shoulders and he could see her face from afar. It has not been half a day yet since he left her. Here in daylight, he could see much more of what he could not see in the shadows of the night... Her hair... it is dark brown, but when the sun hits them, they sparkle in gold. Her skin... she has fair skin... but not too pale... 

 

He had seen her like this before when he first saw her... but he missed all these details that first time.

 

And then their eyes met. Jisoo stopped walking, her eyes widening as she recognized him. 

 

Haein could not take his eyes away. 

 

And then a guard pulled Jisoo. She winced as the guard started dragging her.

 

Where are they taking her? 

 

Jisoo tried to pull her arm away but the guard grabbed her hair and pulled hard. 

 

Jisoo felt pain as the guard pulled her hair. The guard is speaking so near her face she can smell his foul breath.

 

"Quit dallying and start walking!" Shouted the guard. 

 

Jisoo thought her ears just exploded. 

 

And then she felt the guard releasing her. When she opened her eyes, the guard was already by the wall, on the ground, his face is full of blood. 

 

Jisoo gasped at the sight. What happened?

 

Someone touched Jisoo's arm. She turned to her side and saw... Haein? But he was too far from her just a second ago.... How can he be standing beside her so fast?

 

Haein was heaving like he ran a distance. His eyes ... Jisoo thought they were gold... Why does it look red now... It's iluminating... And he looked angry... furious!

 

"Are you all right?" Haein asked, his voice deeper than usual. 

 

Haein's hand touched Jisoo's head, the area where the guard pulled Jisoo's hair. 

 

"Does it hurt?" He asked. "Do not lie to me. Does your head hurt?"

 

Jisoo's chest is drumming hard. Why is she getting scared at Haein right now? They spent long hours together... And she forgot any fear in his arms...

 

But right now.. the way his eyes and face is changing... his anger radiating...

 

"It did hurt... but not so much anymore." Jisoo's voice was trembling.

 

Haein's hand dropped to his side. He took calming breaths as he gave the other guard a warning look.

 

The other guard took three steps back in fear... and another three steps, shakily.

 

"Where are they taking you?" Asked Haein, his voice is slowly going back to usual.

 

"The Seer wanted to see me." Said Jisoo

 

"She's going to confirm what we did last night." Said Haein

 

Jisoo noticed that Haein's eyes are returning to normal. He is calming down... Jisoo found her fear slowly slipping away...

 

"She will not hurt your clansmen. She will know you obeyed what she forced you to do last night." Said Jisoo

 

Forced him to do... 

 

Haein wanted to laugh at that. 

 

Last night... He was not forced to spend the night so thouroughly with Jisoo like that... He should have stopped when they did it once... But he continued.. so they went on and on and on...

 

"Do not worry." Said Jisoo. "Your clansmen will not be hurt anymore."

 

Jisoo took a step away from Haein but Haein reached for her arm. 

 

"What do you mean? What do you plan to do?"

 

Jisoo could feel Haein's warmth penetrating her skin. Memories of last night flashed before her making her feel warm all over.

 

Haein's eyes widened. He could smell the change in Jisoo's scent... She's responding to his touch.

 

Haein felt himself wanting to take her again, here, now. Haein tried to stop his instinct to do just that.

 

"Earlier I... Did I scare you?" Asked Haein.

 

Jisoo's eyes widened. Did he see her fear of him earlier?

 

"A little..." said Jisoo. 

 

Haein's jaws clenched.

 

"Do not be afraid of me... even when you see that happen again... Don't be afraid of me. I will not hurt you." Said Haein.

 

Jisoo took a deep breath. And then she nodded.

 

She was going to leave but Haein did not let her arm go.

 

Haein continued to hold her arm and look at her.

 

"Whatever it is you're thinking to do, do not put yourself in danger." He said.

 

Jisoo looked at the guard giving a hand gesture for Jisoo to hurry up.

 

"Haein... I need to see the Seer now or there will be trouble." Said Jisoo. "I do not want to cause any problem to anyone."

 

Haein sighed as he let Jisoo's arm go.

 

"Then I will see you tonight." He said.

 

He shoulnd't. The Seer must stop using this man, torturing this man. Jisoo will try to appeal to the Seer. Maybe... just maybe the Seer will listen.

 

Jisoo smiled. It was a genuine smile she has not done in a long time. Haein is a good man. He deserves to be free from this place and live a good life with his clan. His clansmen are worried of him... And if Jisoo can convince the Seer... then this may be their last time seeing each other. 

 

Agony... Jisoo's chest is filled with an unexpected sadness at the thought...

 

But it will be for the good of everyone that they cease meeting again. 

 

"I hope we'll never see each other again, Haein." Said Jisoo

 

Haein's brows closed in, he reached for Jisoo's arms and pulled her close to him. 

 

"You don't want to see me again?" He asked, his voice tight with supressed anger and confusion.

 

"I'd rather we do not meet again." Said Jisoo

 

Haein's jaws clenched as a piercing pain twisted his chest. 

 

"You do not want us to meet again..." 

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

"That's not what I meant. I... would like it more if the Seer stops using you, forcing you to do things... threatening you. I would rather you be free from this place." Said Jisoo. "It would make me happy to know that you are living a good life with the clan you care about the most."

 

Haein felt his chest in deep squeezing pain. After Jisoo showed him that smile... that smile that made him stop breathing, she said it would be better if they do not see each other again! 

 

Haein wanted to take Jisoo somewhere no one can see. He wanted to make her see... make feel why they still need to see each other. 

 

But then Jisoo said those things... She wants him to be free... she wants the Seer to stop forcing him and threatening him. That is why... she would rather not see him again.

 

Isn't that what he also wants? He wants freedom for his people and himself. 

 

But... why is his chest in pain? Why is he so frustrate he wants her to take her words back?

 

"We need to hurry!" The guard called.

 

Jisoo took a deep breath as she pulled herse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter