Chapter 2

The Demon Beast's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

 

In just a few moment, guards went to drag the women out of their rooms. Jisoo followed them. She blended in so that guards will not notice her, they barely notice her... With her hood on, she just looked like a girl of fourteen.

 

When they reached the grounds, she kept by Lisa's side and held Lisa's hand.

 

And then many other prisoners were brought until the grounds was filled with them. 

 

"There are so much more people than the last time." Whispered Lisa

 

Jisoo nodded. She looked around and notice some men who are probably new. They were standing several feet away. And they stand out. They were tall and their bodies looked bigger than the rest. They looked viscious and strong...

 

Warriors

 

Jisoo's eyes widened. Black Gates kidnap a lot of people. But they rarely capture warriors. How come they captured a whole group of them?

 

And then one of the warriors was also looking around. He seems to be observing the entire group. Jisoo knew she had to look away. But like being pulled in, her eyes could not leave him...and then their eyes met.

 

Jisoo's eyes widened more! 

 

An unfamiliar feeling was happening in her stomach. The man had dirt on his face, some dried blood. But despite all those... Jisoo could see he is a good looking man... He looked strong and the air around him speaks of authority. 

 

But what captured Jisoo's attention the most were his eyes... those eyes... They seem to be gold...

 

Jisoo's hood fell on her shoulders, revealing her face. But she did not notice it, even when wind blew her hair back, she did not feel anything. And then she felt pain. She gasped as she realized Lisa pinched her arm.

 

"Stop staring at them." Whispered Lisa. 

 

Jisoo's throat moved. Did she stare at the man too long? Jisoo turned to look at the man again.. And he was looking at her... 

 

Still looking at her...

 

 As if his gaze can penetrate her mind. 

 

Jisoo looked away. 

 

The Seer had tried to read her mind too many times. For some reason, the Seer could not read her mind all the time. Jisoo doesn't want anyone doing that to her. She feels violated and drained. The Seer does not give up easily. When the old woman can not read Jisoo's mind, the Seer would soend the entire day trying and Jisoo would end up having the worst headache that lasts days. 

 

That man... can he alao read minds?

 

Jisoo shook her head. She does not want to get involved with mind readers anymore. 

 

 But Jisoo could feel the warrior's eyes on her... still on her... she doesn't know how she knew, but she knew. 

 

The rich men entered the ground and started looking around. They were looking for the slaves they want to buy.

 

"Bow your head like the last time. Don't look up." Whispered Jisoo

 

Lisa looked at her feet. 

 

And then they heard a loud cry of a child.

 

"Grand Ma! Please don't let them take me!"

 

Jisoo tried not to look up. Although she is not a beauty like Lisa, her face 

sometimes catches attention. But Jisoo started to feel that desperate need to look up. The child... is going to be separated from his GrandMa. 

 

"Grand Ma please!"

"I beg you! Please! He is only a child." cried the Grand Ma.

 

Jisoo bit her lip hard. It is becoming harder not to feel that burning anger inside her chest! These despicable rich men!

 

And then when she lifted her head a little, she saw the Grand Ma on her knees begging, the child being dragged away. She saw a guard tilting his head to another guard, giving a signal. The other guard had a whip on his hand. And Jisoo knew what that meant. Jisoo's feet moved on their own. She ran behind the old woman. She heard the slap of the whip on skin, she waited for the excruciating pain. But she felt none. 

 

Jisoo opened her eyes and saw a large figure blocking her. And then her eyes widened. It was the warrior with golden eyes! And he blocked the whip that wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter