indigo

Iridescence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi and Joohyun sit next to each other after they arrive at the store, along with other bridesmaids that Seungwan and Sooyoung invited. Today is their fitting day, a first fitting for the bridesmaids (although it is likely to be final with only a little time left) and a final fitting for the brides too.

 

Every time Seungwan or Sooyoung tries on a new gown, Seulgi would take pictures and show it to Joohyun while describing what the gown looks like to her. Then Joohyun would be more likely to picture the gown from the fabric to the design, to how it looks on the collar and the waistline. It is more of a task for Seulgi, having her first time exploring and describing many fashion terms to Joohyun just to help her better picture them with the gowns because all she can think of while watching the brides is merely a list of they look gorgeous, the gowns are white, there is lace here and there, some pearls, and that's really all of it.

 

But Seulgi is more excited to see Joohyun's fitting.

 

It only took an hour for the brides' fitting to finalize. When it is the bridesmaids' turn, Joohyun along with the other bridesmaids start to get changed one by one.

 

The first set is a simple off-shoulder white dress, slightly tightened on the waist to create a waistline. The length hits until other bridesmaids' ankle, but slightly lower than that for Joohyun's height. She looks nervous as she clutches her hands together, staring straight. Seulgi is in awe as she starts taking pictures while the staff is still sorting out the hem. Under the lights, Joohyun looks like a fairy as her dark hair cascades down her shoulders, her fair skin glowing with the dress.

 

Even Seungwan and Sooyoung are knocked out by Joohyun's beauty.

 

"How- How do I look?" Joohyun purses her lips nervously, can't see anything in front of her as the lights blind her sight, only a few grey shadows while one of them comes to her.

 

"Joohyun unnie, you look beautiful!" She heard the girls saying at the back.

 

"You look gorgeous," Seulgi whispers as she takes a closer shot of Joohyun, noticing how her cheeks have flushed red.

 

"Thank you." Joohyun says softly, turning to Seulgi as she asks. "Is my makeup okay?"

 

"Hm mm," Seulgi carefully brushes her hair as she smiles. "It looks flawless, no worries."

 

Though her brows are slightly thick, and her foundation is starting to peel off around her nose. Seulgi doesn't want the lady to freak out in the middle of the fitting while she is wearing this beautiful dress. She still looks beautiful to her nevertheless. Seulgi has the opportunity to witness Joohyun putting on her makeup as she leans close to the mirror, feeling her hands moving on her skin and feel how the products are on her face. But just to be sure, Joohyun calls Seulgi over to check her makeup so it doesn't look weird or out of space.

 

Then they go through a few more dresses, each with different designs and highlights. One of them is has straps over the shoulders and a puffier dress, which the other bridesmaids think is too cute compared to the more elegant styles of the wedding gowns. The other one is also an off-shoulder gown, the length reaching the floor with a huge bowtie on the shoulder. That is also a nominated piece but with consideration that it might be inconvenient for Joohyun if she walks around, they have decided to go with the first dress.

 

"Will you also wear a dress on the wedding?" While they are heading back to work on the proposal, Joohyun asks Seulgi.

 

"I don't think so," Seulgi scratches her head. "I have never really wore a dress after high school."

 

"I am sure you would look pretty," Joohyun chuckles. "Although I still can't picture your face clearly."

 

"Do you want to see it?" Seulgi suddenly asks.

 

"What- right now?" Joohyun's eyes widen.

 

"Of course not," Seulgi chuckles as she holds Joohyun's hand. "Let's go home so it is less dangerous for you."

 

Joohyun flushes red again at Seulgi's words, following the younger as they make their way back home.

 

 

Joohyun carefully cups Seulgi's face as they both sit on the couch, facing each other. Seulgi leans in closer to Joohyun until their faces are an inch apart, where they could feel their breath hitting on the skin.

 

The florist tries to open up her eyes as she could see Seulgi's blurred face, but still able to outline her features through the shadows on her face. Her eyes are smaller, longer than she thought, her eyelids not as creased as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter