yellow

Iridescence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Deep love?" Other people gasp and exclaim. "Oh my, is this a flower for a beloved one?"

 

"But no one seems to know who these flowers could be for." The volunteer confesses. "I don't think it would be appropriate to assume it is for someone without many details."

 

"I agree, it would be sad if these flowers are meant for someone else." Yerim pouts sadly. "But then how could we deal with these?"

 

"Maybe just put them in the vase here? Then everyone could see it, in a sense it is also sharing."

 

"That sounds like the best option we have," Joohyun hums. "Since no one knows who these flowers are for."

 

"Alright, I will put them in the vase then! Everyone, please give me a way out so I can unwrap this." The volunteer squeezes her way out from the centre of the crowd and heads to prepare the flowers. The crowd spreads once the flower mystery is settled somehow.

 

Joohyun makes her way back to the table where Yerim has already sat down in her previous seat. Mrs Hwang is nowhere to be seen as the seat beside Yerim is vacant.

 

"I heard we have flowers?" Ahjumma hums as she sips on the newly-served tea. Joohyun also takes a sip after the conversation in the director's office, realizing she had not taken a single sip of the tea served to her earlier.

 

"Tulips," Joohyun purses her lips and moists her lips with the tea. She is not that much of a tea lover but it is sometimes a decent choice to hydrate. "No one knew who is it for."

 

"Tulips?" Ahjumma didn't say much as she hums. "So how did they deal with it?"

 

"They decided to place it in the public area, that way everyone could see." Joohyun nods. "But it is kinda weird to have flowers sent here without specifying who is it for."

 

"Maybe it is meant for everyone then," Ahjumma explains. "Sometimes it may not be directed to a certain person."

 

Joohyun nods as she takes a second sip, finding ahjumma's words logical.

 

"How about the proposal, what did the director say?"

 

"The director seems hesitant about it. But he said it would be great if I could provide a clearer plan so he could propose it to the committee. So I am going to make a proposal."

 

"A proposal?" Ahjumma elicits a questionable hum. "Why not just have them do it?"

 

"It is my idea anyway," Joohyun explains. "I can sense that the director has certain worries, though I am not sure what it is. But it would be a great opportunity to show them what I meant."

 

"You would probably need some help," Ahjumma states. "Do you have any friends to help you?"

 

Joohyun thinks about Seungwan, but is immediately reminded of her wedding preparations. "I do, but she won't be available."

 

"Is there no one else?" Ahjumma asks again, but Joohyun is quick to respond.

 

"It's okay, I can just do it myself and see how it goes."

 

"Joohyun unnie is so cool!" Yerim grins widely. "I am sure you would come up with an amazing proposal."

 

Joohyun chuckles at Yerim's cuteness. She is just so adorable even when she couldn't see her properly. "Thank you, Yerim ah. But where is Mrs Hwang?"

 

"Don't think I have seen her," Yerim hums as she drums her fingers on the table. "She wasn't here when I came back."

 

"I think she just went around to take a stroll," Ahjumma assumes. "Are you guys staying for lunch later?"

 

"I can't," Yerim pouts slightly. "Me and my boyfriend will be meeting up later."

 

"How about you?" Ahjumma asks Joohyun.

 

"Sure, I am kinda starving right now." Joohyun hums.

 

 

Seulgi stands outside the community club across the road as she peeks inside the parameter. She tries not to show because it is quite obvious her eyes are peering into the place when other people pass by, one or two volunteers have happened to make eye contact while they are throwing the garbage and doing their stuff.

 

It feels like forever since she has come here, trying not to pass by whenever she is around the area. But now that she is standing over here, she finally has time to think about the past that she has tried hard to let go of, a past that she thought she could forget, but somehow carved at the back of her head.

 

Are you doing alright...?

 

The moment she thought she had already forgotten, that florist reminded her exactly of that. And ever since memories were refreshed one by one, like she had rediscovered the attic and going through boxes filled with items she had used to possess.

 

Does that person still remember her? Does she hate her, after all this time? Seulgi scans the people walking around, somehow catches a glimpse of the person. It's just a quick one, but enough to let the hanging rock inside her heart drop for a moment.

 

Though those thoughts are soon set aside when she saw the florist coming out.

 

As if she is enchanted, Seulgi's eyes fixate on her.

 

After lunch with ahjumma, Joohyun decides to go home and sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter