Can’t feel my face

I'm the Devil and this is my hell, so I make the rules

When they arrive at Kyungsoo’s house, both Kai and Jongin knew that their plan would have to change. Someone more than likely saw them with Kyungsoo and after that mess, they didn’t know if this strategy would work anymore. Kai has to rethink a lot, and in reality, they would probably have to avoid public appearances, considering that they were both attacked at the same time. 

Kai sighs as they walk through the door. Kyungsoo had already taken care of his injuries and they were apparently waiting for their appointed doctor to look at Baekhyun’s wound. 

“How are you feeling?” Kai asks him. Baekhyun is sitting on the couch, feet up and pressing a towel over it. 

“As great as one might feel under these circumstances,” Baekhyun sighs.

“You’re just upset because you couldn’t catch them.” Jongdae chuckles, sitting at the edge of the couch, patting Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“I ing had them!” Baekhyun groans. “Those motherers sure can run.”

“Yeah well, it’s not like it mattered… Jongin had no issues shooting two of them in the back.” Jongdae glances at the man in question. Jongin is standing by the window, buried deep in thought. 

“They attacked us too,” Kai says. “Jongin almost had them, but one of them ran and mixed with the running crowd.”

Baekhyun scoffs. “Bastards.”

“Now what?” Kyungsoo asks. 

“Our plan has definitely gone down the gutter. I saw Dongyul staring at us when Jongin went to help you. We made some really weird eye contact.” Kai shivers, crossing his arms. “We’ll have to come up with a new plan. We haven’t been able to identify if we have a mole in our lines yet.”

“Same, but we have a few suspects.” Kyungsoo nods. 

Kai sits across from Baekhyun and Jongdae. “Minseok will try to find out about today’s mess. We’ll let you know what we find.”

Kyungsoo nods. They have to be careful from now on, their lives were on the line that day and Kyungsoo would kill anybody who dared even touch Jongdae or Baekhyun. They’ve been by his side the longest and are the two people he trusts the most. Today, they glimpsed how far the enemy can reach.

Baekhyun lets out a sigh. “Where’s that giant desirable piece of human? He might heal me.”

“Baekhyun…” Kyungsoo warns.

Kai chuckles and raises an eyebrow. “You mean Chanyeol? I think there are more chances of Jongin admitting his own feelings before that happens.”

Jongin shoots a glare at his brother, which only makes Kai laugh. “Keep talking and you’ll need a doctor too.” 

Kyungsoo notices him. Walking over, his eyes scan Jongin’s face for a moment. The other frowns. He feels uncomfortable under the attention.

“Come with me.” Kyungsoo grabs Jongin’s hand with a sigh and pulls him towards the living room, pushing him into an empty seat. He gets the first aid kit and starts pulling things under Jongin’s attentive stare.

The rest of them just watch this happen with eyes wide open. Neither of them believing that Jongin didn’t protest at all. 

“You have to be insane for going back in there with barely a gun,” Kyungsoo cleans his wounds as he has done before. Jongin observes him. He feels his skin burning when the antiseptic and other products come into contact with it. He frowns, however he doesn’t complain.

“I did what I had to.” Jongin shrugs.

“Don’t move,” Kyungsoo warns. “Either way, it’s crazy. You could’ve gotten seriously hurt.”

Jongin sighs, unease forming like knots in his stomach. “What does it matter?”

“It matters.” Kyungsoo glares at him. “Why would you either way?”

“I was mad after what they did to us.” Jongin doesn’t know what he wants him to say. He was angry. One of them got away right under his nose. Anyone would be considerably upset in a situation like this.

“Us, including me?” Kyungsoo asks and Jongin stops breathing, frozen in the spot. His heart skips a beat, only to beat faster. What the actual ?

Silence falls between them.

“Well… are you not going to answer?” Kai asks. He’s leaning back against his chair, smirking at the interaction. 

Jongin groans. “Speak again… I dare you.”

Kai simply puts his hands up in a sign of surrender.

Kyungsoo chuckles. “Regardless of your reasoning… thank you.” He smiles, finishing up. “All done.”

Jongin doesn’t move right away, and he just nods. His eyes avoiding Kyungsoo’s.

“Isn’t it cute when they flirt?” Baekhyun says and both Jongdae and Kai nod. He earns a glare from Jongin and a halfhearted one from Kyungsoo. “I’m already injured. Have mercy.”

There’s a knock on the door and Jongdae runs to get it. He opens it, revealing another man. He must be in his mid to late twenties as well, with black hair and probably just a few inches taller than Jongdae. The other lets him in and he immediately walks towards the living room, barely acknowledging Kai and Jongin.

“This is Zhang Yixing, my doctor,” Kyungsoo explains. 

The doctor approaches Baekhyun, getting a good look at the deep cut and examining it carefully. “You’ll need stitches.”

Baekhyun groans. “I was afraid you might say that.”

“Nothing you didn’t know already.” Jongdae shakes his head as he helps Baekhyun get up.

“I was being hopeful,” Baekhyun frowns. “I’m injured, don’t yell at me.”

“I’m not yelling at you.”

They argue all the way to one of the spare rooms, with Yixing following close behind.

“We should probably get going too…” Kai says, turning to face his brother, who nods.

Kyungsoo sighs. “I guess so… call me whenever you have any details.”

“Will do.” Kai smiles. 

Jongin takes a few steps towards the door, but he suddenly stops, awkwardly turning around. “Stay out of trouble.” He tells Kyungsoo and the other smiles.

“I will try my best.”

Jongin shakes his head and leaves the house.

“Well, isn’t that going better?” Kai says, shoving his hands into his pockets. There’s a hint of a smile tugging at his lips.

“I think so too.”

 

...

Twitter: VanillaNini1