Bom Bidi Bom

I'm the Devil and this is my hell, so I make the rules

Jongin opens his eyes, one first and then the other, squinting against the bright light that’s coming in through his windows, the curtains not doing a great job at keeping the brightness out. The first thing he sees is the ceiling of his bedroom and he notices a couple of things. The pressing headache is one of them, but he endures it as he gains enough strength to sit in his bed. The bedroom looks just as he left it the day before. However, the memories of how he got back here are missing.

He remembers going out to drink, the heavy feeling in his chest, and then… blank. It did not go well, considering he’s wearing the same clothes as the day before and he has barely any recollection of the night. No matter how hard he tries, he cannot remember. Although it doesn’t help that he feels like a truck just ran over him twenty times.

Jongin runs a hand through his hair, clasping at the back of his neck.

What the  happened?

Drinking this much is so unlike him. His brain is trying to remember the reason, even with the blurry memories. He looks through the data until he comes across a folder in his head. The one with the moment he kissed Kyungsoo.

.

Jongin groans, lying back down and covering his head with the covers. He would’ve rather not remember anything. This is the one memory he really wishes was lost. Now his head has the scene on replay with nothing that could stop it.

Playing it repeatedly.

He ed up. He’s aware. No matter how hard he tried to stay away from temptation, he ended up falling for it. He can’t even tell Kai about this. Jongin knew from the very beginning if there was anyone who could never hide his interest, that was Kai. He knew how much Kai was into Kyungsoo.

His interest grew with time. They were playing against each other and then they weren’t, but through all that time, Kai never tried to hide his feelings. Quite the opposite. It seemed like he thought it was even more interesting being his rival, even when he felt something.

A dangerous game.

And having known this for so long, Jongin tried. He really tried to stay away. He doesn’t know what to do or how to act anymore.

There’s a knock on the door, silence and then Kai peeks in, probably to see if he was still alive.

“Jongin? Are you awake?” There’s concern in Kai’s tone. However, most of it is buried under the amusement Jongin knows he’s feeling.

Jongin simply groans, covering his head with the covers once again.

“I brought some supplies… food, water, and a pain killer should do it for now,” confident footsteps getting closer to the bed, then the sound of the tray being put on the nightstand and the bed sinking under his weight. “Did something happen yesterday? You’re not one to drink more than a few glasses.” There’s more concern than amusement now.

Jongin refuses to say a word. He will not admit any of this out loud.

“Jongin?” Kai frowns.

“I’m fine. I was just… stressed,” which is not entirely a lie.

Kai is silent for a moment. Jongin knows that it will not be enough to convince him, but he’s relieved when the weight on side of the bed disappears.

“We have a lead on the potential mole, so we’re going to check it out today,” Kai says.

Jongin then starts pulling the sheets away. “I’ll be ready in a minute.”

“No, you stay. I’ll leave with Minseok and Chanyeol, so it’ll be fine. We won’t be doing much, just watching.” Kai shakes his head. “Take this time to rest and recover.”

“But-”

“No buts,” a grin appears, spreading across Kai’s face. He pats Jongin’s cheek affectionately. “It’ll be alright.” He leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

Jongin doesn’t know, and it might be the headache, but he somehow feels Kai meant more than his hangover.

Or maybe he’s reading too much into it.

As much of a pain in the Kai can be, he can also be useful at times. Jongin eats the food he brought up and pops the painkiller into his mouth. He’s not one to stay in bed too long, but he allows it for now because he feels like .

It all goes well until the bell rings.

He sighs.

It could be Chanyeol or Minseok with any news, so he drags himself out of the bed and walks towards the front door. He opens it without hesitation, which was his first mistake. It had to be the alcohol because there’s no way Jongin opened a door without checking first. No way.

No way.

In front of him, Kyungsoo smiles. He’s wearing a nice navy-blue suit, his hair is pushed back. He’s in full organized crime boss mode. Jongin doesn’t know when he started appreciating the way the other looks, but he kicks his brain for it.

“What are you doing here?”

“Well, good morning to you as well.” Kyungsoo chuckles. “I’m here for business.”

“Kai’s not here.”

“I guess you’ll have to do then.” Kyungsoo smiles as he lifts a yellow folder Jongin didn’t notice he was holding. “Came to deliver some papers.”

“You could’ve sent someone.”

“You brought them over personally. I felt like I should return the favor.” Kyungsoo says. “Are you going to let me in?”

Jongin groans. He’s certainly not happy about this, but he steps aside regardless. Business is business. And he keeps saying that to himself when Kyungsoo’s cologne slaps him right in the face when he walks by him. Baekhyun and Sehun walking right behind him.

It’s not a good day. His defenses are low, and his head hurts slightly still.

“I made some revisions and discussed the terms further and I wrote down what needs to be changed,” Kyungsoo says as he goes over the documents. He looks up at a distracted-looking Jongin. Just then, he notices his pale face and bags under his eyes. “Are you okay?”

Jongin, who has been staring at the documents absentmindedly, simply nods. He doesn’t look up. He doesn’t know how long he’ll be able to hold back if he makes eye contact. Suddenly, something like a memory flashes through his eyes. Him, completely wasted, and Kyungsoo hovering over him with a frown.

Dragging him into his house.

He did not.

Did Jongin really embarrass himself further by going to Kyungsoo’s house while drunk?

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo sighs when the other doesn’t look at him.

“I’ll give Kai the documents. He’ll check them when he comes back.” Jongin says, eyes glued to the ground.

Silence.

“Jongin, I think it’s disrespectful that you won’t look at me while we’re talking.” Kyungsoo states. Jongin looks up for half a second, only to look away instantly.

He can’t take this.

Kyungsoo sighs. “Fine, I’ll be waiting for Kai’s answer.” He doesn’t move for a moment, still looking at the taller man with calculating eyes. He has been true to his promise and didn’t bring up yesterday’s events. “Jongin…”

Jongin doesn’t reply.

“Fine.” Kyungsoo exits the apartment with the other two following as well. If this is how he’s going to behave, then fine.

Fine.

.*.*.*.

Kai looks out the window of the car into the busy street. He watches quietly as Seoul’s life develops in front of him. People going to work, casually talking on the streets. Luckily, the tinted windows don’t allow them to see him. When Minseok mentioned they might’ve found a few people that could be potentially leaking information, he checked it out right away.

Personally.

He couldn’t allow this situation to continue any further, especially when another of his businesses took a hit just the night before. He kept this information from Jongin, because whatever he was going through at the moment was enough.

He didn’t want to stress him further.

Kai pulls a pack of cigarettes, opening the window the slightest bit, just enough for the smoke to get out but not enough for people to see him. Lighting it up, he quickly takes a long puff, feeling his body relax almost instantly. His fingers play with it as he watches the building across the street, where one of the alleged moles was in.

They have been following him pretty much all morning. Kai doesn’t think they could be potentially discovered, however, they had to proceed with caution.

So far, they’ve found nothing.

As time went by, he was getting impatient and so was Chanyeol, which was a rare sight.

“Maybe it’s not him…” Chanyeol says. He’s tapping on the steering wheel. Kai can definitely understand his frustration.

“Let’s wait longer,” Minseok replies.

Kai says nothing because patience is key in a situation like this. They wait a bit more and soon they see the man. He walks out of the building and stands on the sidewalk for a few seconds. Pulling out his phone, he scrolls. According to the research Minseok and Chanyeol had been doing, he has been meeting the same person over the last few weeks at the same place. So, a quick glance might tell what was going on.

Suddenly, a woman walks out of the building and hugs him. Minseok takes a few pictures of the interaction. They talk and then they go their separate ways.

“What do you think?” Kai is leaning against the door as he watches one member of his organization walk down the street. He looks back a few times and then keeps on walking. “I don’t think this is our guy.”

Minseok sighs. “I don’t think so either, but I’ll investigate her to be sure.”

Kai nods. “Alright then. We should get ready. We have a long night ahead of us.”

Chanyeol starts the car, promptly pulling out of the parking spot.

They definitely had a long night ahead of them.

.*.*.*.

The club is on a high point when Kai and Jongin arrive. The music is blasting through the speakers; the bodies piling on the dancefloor, the smell of alcohol, sweat, and a mix of different perfumes clouds the air. Everyone is having a good time, which is something Kai enjoys. They navigate swiftly through the crowd, making their way to their private booth. They usually sit on the second floor, overlooking the sea of people dancing the night away.

One server brings Kai his favorite whiskey, instantly brightening his mood. He pours himself a drink and takes a sip before he settles on his chair, watching as the DJ changes the song and the people adjust to the change immediately. Jongin takes his usual spot next to him, with Chanyeol standing by the door and Minseok doing rounds around the club.

The servers bring a different type of liquor for Jongin, but he barely touches any of it. He’s clearly on edge due to what could or could not happen that night, and he’s not looking to repeat the events of the night before.

“Relax, I’m willing to bet nothing will happen, and that’s good for us,” Kai smiles at his brother. Jongin is so tense he’s almost falling off his seat.

“I’ll relax when I’m sure nothing will happen.” Jongin sighs.

Chanyeol then walks over to Kai. “Mr. Do is here, sir.”

Kai gasps, eyes widening. “Kyungsoo’s here?” He stands up, looking around for him. Jongin doesn’t move. His stomach is burning.

Just across from them, in another private booth, Kyungsoo raises a glass of whatever it is he’s drinking, a smile spreading across his face as soon as Kai spots him. Kai returns the gesture, shaking his head. He’s not there on his own, which eases some of Kai’s concerns.

Kai calls over one of the servers. “Send that fine gentleman over there the best bottle we have. On the house.” The server nods, quickly leaving to fulfill the request.

Kai leans over the railing of his booth, stare connecting with Kyungsoo’s. He can’t see exactly what the other is wearing, but from his place, it looks a lot like some leather is involved. He is interested. Another person delivers the bottle Kai just sent. Kyungsoo talks to the server for a bit and then pours himself another drink from the new bottle. He returns to the railing, drinking the glass in one chug.

Eyes never leaving Kai’s.

Everything screamed seduction, from the smirk he was so proudly wearing, that spark in his eyes, and the way he carried himself.

Chanyeol approaches Kai again. “Sir, Minseok is having a situation.”

Kai nods. “Go and keep me informed.”

“Yes sir,” Chanyeol leaves, which makes Jongin even more alert. He stands next to his brother, catching Kyungsoo’s attention.

Kyungsoo tilts his head to the side innocently. Jongin has a hard time bringing air to his lungs. He clears his throat, facing his brother. He doesn’t have time for this. Kai chuckles when he sees the hint of disappointment in Kyungsoo’s face by Jongin’s quick dismissal.

The other stands there for another minute. He looks down at the rest of the people for what seems like forever. Then pushes himself off the railing, sending the twins one last look before he disappears.

“Looks like Mr. Do is on a mission,” Kai smirks

“A mission?” Jongin questions. His eyes involuntarily look for him, finding nothing but an empty booth.

“I guess you’ll see…” Kai lifts one shoulder in a half shrug. He can’t see Kyungsoo anymore, so his eyes scan the dancefloor. He finally finds him by the bar. Under the lights, he can somewhat see the casual air, the way his hair is pushed to the side. The black shirt and tight leather pants combo that is making Kai lose his mind. He’s talking to a random guy, seemingly very interested in what the other man has to say. This strikes a nerve, but Kai knows what he’s trying to do. “Or maybe not.” He nods in direction of where Kyungsoo is socializing.

Jongin looks down and his face transforms from casually annoyed to complete murder mode so astonishingly fast. He holds on to the railing, his grip deadly. Kai can see the rainbow of emotions that cross his eyes in seconds as he sees the two flirt by the bar.

Kyungsoo walks away from the bar, with the other man following right behind. Kai waits patiently. He waits.

Three, two…

Jongin disappears before he can even count to one.

He pushes through the sea of people, not stopping to apologize even. He does a quick scan of the place and spots Kyungsoo heading towards the bathroom area. He rushes there, seeing no signs of his business partner outside, so he practically bolts inside the bathroom. The sight of Kyungsoo casually washing his hands makes him stop just a few steps away from him. He shoots a glare at the other people in there.

“Out.” Is everything he says before he approaches Kyungsoo. The others quickly exit the bathroom. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Hello to you too, Mr. Kim,” Kyungsoo chuckles, turning to face him.

“I won’t ask again.”

“What does it look like I’m doing… I’m washing my hands.” Kyungsoo shrugs, taking a step towards Jongin. “Is there a problem with that?”

“You shouldn’t be here.”

“Why?”

“Because…” Jongin can’t find the words. He can’t think past his feelings. Kyungsoo laughs.

“Careful Kim, green is not a suitable color on you.”

“You… I… just leave. We’re doing something. I can’t allow myself to be distracted.” Jongin walks to the door, however, Kyungsoo doesn’t move.

“Why should I though? You can go on with your duties even when I’m here,” Kyungsoo leans against the marble sink. “Why am I a distraction?”

“You have to leave.”

“Why am I a distraction, Jongin?” Kyungsoo insists.

“Because with you around, drinking and flirting with guys, I just can’t do my job!” It’s the first time Jongin has ever raised his voice at him. It doesn’t startle Kyungsoo, however.

“Why?”

It’s a simple word, but it blows Jongin’s mind away.

He stares at the other man in disbelief. Like he didn’t just ask him that question. What was he expecting? What did he want to hear?

“I…”

“I’m a free person. I can do as I please.”

Jongin runs a hand through his hair with a sigh. He closes the gap that separates them, their faces barely a few inches apart. Anger reddens his features. “I’ll make you if I have to.”

“Make me then.” Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. Daring him.

And just as he expected, Jongin does the complete opposite.

Before Kyungsoo can articulate another word, Jongin pushes him against the wall, smashing his lips against the other, before his brain can advise him otherwise. His hands find a spot on Kyungsoo’s waist, their bodies tightly pressed against each other. There’s barely a breath between them, and it’s so intoxicating that Jongin feels like he can’t get enough. This kiss is different from the previous one, this kiss is hungry and needy, and angry.

Because he is angry.

And he also needs him.

Jongin traces Kyungsoo’s lips with his tongue, reveling in the warm feeling. He then bites Kyungsoo’s bottom lip, as he pulls back for much needed air, resting his forehead over Kyungsoo’s.

“I thought you wanted to pretend it didn’t happen,” Kyungsoo whispers in between breaths. Jongin groans.

“I changed my mind.”

Kyungsoo pushes him slightly, stares colliding. “So, what do you want?”

Jongin takes a deep breath, his brain is trying to catch up with the conversation and his body is pushing him towards Kyungsoo again. He wants to do so much more if the other lets him. “I just…”

“Forget about everything else… what do you want?”

“… you.”

The next time they kiss, it’s just as intense, their mouths exploring the other, tasting. Kyungsoo takes the lead this time, clasping the back of Jongin’s neck, pulling him closer. His other hand traces a path down his neck, his chest, and then finding its way back up, gripping on Jongin’s hair.

And , that was hot.

Kyungsoo finally pulls back, pushing him towards the exit. Whatever is going to happen will not be happening inside a bathroom. They push through the door, eyes locked in a stare, so it surprises them both to find Kai standing there, leaning against the wall casually, hands inside his pockets. Jongin’s first instinct is to let Kyungsoo go, but he decides against it. He can’t back down now.

What’s done is done.

However, to his surprise, his brother doesn’t seem bothered in the slightest. Actually, he looks very pleased. He watches their current state with a smirk tugging at his lips.

Kai takes a few steps toward them. Standing in front of Kyungsoo, he leans in, kissing him. His kiss is gentle. The complete opposite of his brother’s. However, it’s just as dangerous. Kai’s eyes go back and forth between them when he pulls back and after a moment of silence, broken only by the loud music, he finally speaks.

“So… should we go home?”