Chapter 16 or we call it Forbidden Forest for a reason! Dammit!

The Hardship of Desire

 

« Miss Ahn, I see your punishment is taking an end. It is as always a pleasure to be working with you. »

 

Hyejin nods, eyes focus on the book she is reading, her and Mr. Greysom are labeling more ingredients, but they have been having doubts on the spelling. Hyejin finally finds the ingredient in the encyclopedia of ingredients, which surely is older than Mr. Greysom, she beautifully writes down the correct name before sticking it to the jar and giving it to the Potion teacher.

 

« Usually, I prefer to ask more experimented students. But you have been doing a wonderful work. So maybe you would like to help me teach the first years until the end of this year? I know you have a lot of work with the O.W.L. exams coming soon, but keep it mind this will give you more points. »

 

Hyejin nods again, she closes the encyclopedia and puts it back in place, nonchalantly she picks up the left over ingredients and puts them back to their spot.

 

The girl is well aware she isn’t the most brilliant student and she even struggles in some classes, despite Wheein’s precious help. Some easy points wouldn’t be too much for her case.

 

« Well. I think Mr. Poe won’t mind if I take your offer. »

 

« I have already talk with him about it! I am so glad you accept, Miss Ahn. You are a really good at Potion. »

 

Hyejin thanks her teacher, and leaves his classroom soon enough. There is a fabulous weather outside and she wants to take some fresh air, away from the dungeons. Ever since the incident in the Ravenclaw tower, she has been walking on her toes around the castle; at least outside she can enjoy a breath away from the pressure.

 

The Slytherin walks away from the castle, toward the Great Lake where the air is chillier, even if it is the end of March, the wind is still winter like. She walks around the lake; most students are hanging out in the training ground where the sun hits the hardest, but some are timidly pushing a toe in the lake’s water and quickly realizing it is way colder than it seems.

 

« Hyejin! »

 

In the sky above her head, Wheein is standing on her broom, waving toward her friend. She almost falls from her broom, but manages to let out a laugh at the realization; Hyejin on the contrary is quite worried by such behavior. Wheein finally lands next to her, proudly holding her broom in her hand.

 

« Byulyi told me how to stand up. I am still trying to master it but… I am getting better at it! »

 

« It looks dangerous. »

 

« Only if I fall. »

 

Hyejin gives her a worried glance, but Wheein is only smiling, proud of her little trick. She never thought of using her broom for fun like this, and she finds it so interesting to challenge this new aspect of flying.

 

« So, Dana is celebrating her birthday at the Three Broomstick this week end. She told me to invite you. She would have done it herself but she didn’t have the occasion to catch you around the castle. »

 

« Hum. »

 

« There won’t be a lot of people; only Dana, Remy, James, Chris, Evan, Emily, Mina, and Lucas. You know most of them already. Except Mina, but don’t worry she is in the same year as us and she is cool. »

 

« Ah. Lucas, I know he doesn’t like me much. »

 

« Only because you never wear your uniform properly. But don’t worry he won’t annoy you while I am here. »

 

Wheein is smiling, big dimple showing, and Hyejin can’t really fight it, she shyly smiles too. After all, it can only be a good way to clear her mind. And if Dana is willing to invite her to her birthday celebration, it means she doesn’t have any remaining feelings against her.

 

« Dana isn’t mad at you for the other day. No one is, Hyejin. »

 

« Except Yongsun. »

 

Wheein scratches behind her ear, she can’t say much about it, she doesn’t want to interfere between her two friends. Even with Yongsun, she didn’t find the strength to bring up the subject, it felt… too awkward.

 

« I don’t know how Yongsun feels. You know she isn’t very keen at showing others that she can be vulnerable too. For now… It is like that. »

 

Hyejin looks away, toward the castle where the Gryffindor tower stands proudly, high in the sky; Wheein looks at her, dark brown eyes heavy. There is a strong blow and Wheein feels droplets of water splashing on her arms.

 

« I think. I understand how you felt this day. You don’t really like all this attention, right? You always look behind your back, you flinch at times, and this days you keep your hair down, they often cover your whole face. »

 

Wheein carefully put some locks behind Hyejin’s ear, revealing a mole on her cheek, and a face with a pale tone, almost as pale as Wheein, which usually never happens.

 

« Even if it wasn’t very pleasant to be slapped… I can’t be mad at you. At the beginning of the year, I wanted to be closer to you because you are someone I do appreciate, Hyejin. And then, I wasn’t a very good friend to you, I didn’t see you were hurting silently. »

 

« Come on… »

 

Hyejin lightly pushes Wheein’s shoulder, she smiles despite the tears which are in the verge of falling down her cheeks. Wheein bites her lips, and when Hyejin pulls her in a hug, she feels lighter of her guilt.

 

Hyejin is a kind child with a shy and quiet nature, it took a bit of time for Wheein to get used to it; but she can now firmly says she knows how to look at Hyejin to understand her. It feels good. Hyejin feels it too, how the energy between them changed again, now it is comfortable and it feels like Wheein will catch her if she falls.

 


 

« Ouch! »

 

Byulyi laughs at the poor Lily who just received a book on the head from the clearly unpleased shelf, the Gryffindor gives Byulyi a dark look before picking up the book and standing up again; she massages the top of her head a few times in pain. Byulyi finally comes over to check on her, it is only a bruise, nothing which won’t fade away with time.

 

« You should concentrate or the shelve will be the end of you one of this days. »

 

« I am just tired. It bores me to do that. »

 

« Well, you did put yourself in this situation. »

 

« I think Mrs. Vera enjoys punishing me. »

 

« She was kind enough to give you the same punishment, when clearly you haven’t understood your lesson, she could have given you something so much worse. »

 

« I know. »

 

Lily has the tendency to take on the role of the class clown and while it greatly amuses her friends, it rubs off her teachers the wrong way, which is why after accidentally pushing it too far during one of her Herbology lesson and turning the class upside down with the help of bouncing bulbs, she has finished in Mrs. Vera’s office, once again.

 

Maybe the Head of Gryffindor was in an excellent mood this day for letting Lily go with such a light punishment; but still, the little girl finds way to complain about her condition. Byulyi doesn’t mind her, she enjoys the company while putting the books away; Lily is quite talkative and always has many things to share with her.

 

« Why do you think you got chosen as a Slytherin? »

 

« Because I am the daughter of my parents. They told me their own values and as a result, I became a Slytherin too. »

 

« They were both Slytherin? »

 

« My dad was, but my mom was a Gryffindor. »

 

« Then you could have been a Gryffindor too! »

 

Lily seems more excited than Byulyi would have expected her to be over such trivial information. Byulyi sees how the girl is no longer making an effort to put the books to their place, she only hands them to Byulyi and sits lazily on the cart.

 

« I guess I could have been one. What about you? Were your parents both Gryffindor? »

 

« They both were. I feel like I would have disappointed them if I wasn’t chosen as a Gryffindor as well. »

 

« That would be quite silly of them. I believe the Sorting Hat put you here for a reason. »

 

« Why do you think you were chosen as a Slytherin rather than a Gryffindor? »

 

« When I was nine years old, I had no idea and I assumed it only meant I was more like my father. As of now, I can see why, they say Slytherins are often strong leaders, and I believe myself to be one. Teachers used to often make such comment about my behavior and vision of things. Now, I do agree with them. I know myself to be a dependable person as well.

 

Funnily enough, there is a saying that a Slytherin will save its own neck before anyone else. But I don’t totally agree with that. »

 

« How so? »

 

Byulyi looks longly in front of her, her gaze goes through the window of the library, finding the Forbidden Forest, but her mind is set on one special person, someone Byulyi knows she would risk her own life for. Thicker than blood.

 

« Tell me, Lily. Why do you think you were put in Gryffindor? »

 

« This is isn’t answering my question. »

 

Lily whines, but Byulyi only gives her an unbothered look, somehow the Slytherin naturally impose her wish to others, and the Gryffindor groans before answering.

 

« Aside from my parents… I think because I didn’t fit in any other house. I am not smart like a Ravenclaw or hard working like a Hufflepuff, surely Slytherin can seem like an option, but I guess I do have something in me which made me end up in Gryffindor. »

 

« I think it is because you have nerve that you have been cast in Gryffindor. »

 

« Nerve? »

 

« I think, behind all of this clownery you like to show, there is nerve to do what other are scared to. Mr. Humso told me during your first DADA class, you were not afraid to try things first in front of the whole class. You have the nerve to try even if you don’t know how things will end up. Well surely, you have too much nerve and try too much things… but at least you see for yourself. »

 

« I guess… »

 

Byulyi pushes the cart to the next row, Lily is deep in thought and she is alone to put away the books. There is a bit of Yongsun in Lily and maybe this is why they are both Gryffindor, the tendency to find courage to face the world; Byulyi admires this quality in both of them.

 

« Can I ask you a question? »

 

« Yes. But at least give me the book instead of doing nothing. »

 

Lily does as Byulyi tells her, she passes the book for Byulyi to put away on the shelves. They are almost at the end of the rows, only four more to go and they will be done for the day, right on time for dinner.

 

« Have you ever dated anyone? »

 

« Why this sudden question? »

 

« Can you please just answer? »

 

Lily pouts, but Byulyi glares at her and she understand the girl won’t answer unless she gives more context to her question; as always Byulyi wins.

 

« All my friends are dating someone this days or have dated someone. I am the only one who hasn’t… I was wondering if you had any experience? »

 

« … I don’t think you should be dating just because your friends are. Do it only if you want to. »

 

« This is why you aren’t dating? »

 

« Where did you hear that? »

 

« I didn’t. I just haven’t seen you with anyone around the castle. »

 

« You watch me now? »

 

« No. But you are the Quidditch captain, and since you are popular, your name comes out often in conversations. »

 

« What kind of conversations? »

 

« Hehe, suddenly you are so interested. »

 

Byulyi had stopped putting the books away, she is leaning against the shelf, her dark eyes sparkling with excitement at the words coming from Lily’s mouth. Lily is smirking but there is also a subtle blush on her cheeks.

 

« Among my friends, you are the second most popular girl crush. »

 

« Girl crush? »

 

« Yeah, you know, the girls who make you a bit flustered. A girl crush! Have you never heard this expression before? »

 

« I… Who is the most popular? »

 

« Who do you think it is? »

 

« Don’t play this game with me. »

 

« Hehe, it is Yongsun, obviously. »

 

Byulyi nods, she comes back to putting away the books, but her mind is busing with questions. Lily, usually so talkative about all subjects, is keeping informations for herself and she is trying to find a subtle way to make the girl spill what she knows.

 

« Are only the Quidditch captain on this list? »

 

« No. … All the players are really popular. Like your friend Wheein, a lot of guy likes her. »

 

« Ah really? »

 

Byulyi takes her usual half interested half polite tone and only makes eye contact with Lily from time to time.

 

« Yes, they think she is very cute so guys like her more than you. Actually, the most popular player are the captains. Since they are more often seen and known. Then you have the Seekers, because they play the most intense part of the match. And then the other players, if you have a pretty face it does help.

 

Yongsun is a bit like the exception, she is popular with everyone; she got even more popular when she became captain, and now, well you know how it is. It is spring and as usual she takes her morning dives in the Great Lake, it interestes a lot of people.

 

Before Yongsun started to date someone, she had always drawn the attention, I don’t know what there is about her but everyone seems to agree and… well you know how I feel too about her. Anyway, now that she is taken, I feel like everyone is even more obsess with her and talk about her; at least in Gryffindor. So… Yeah. »

 

« You still like Yongsun? »

 

Lily laughs, her cheeks become redder and she pulls on the collar of her shirt. Byulyi observes her from the corner of her eyes, she takes an infinite amount of time to put the books away.

 

« I have a question. It is a bit embarrassing to ask. And… I feel like… You can keep a secret, right? »

 

Byulyi finishes with her row, she turns back to Lily, their brown eyes focus on the other and there is apprehension in Lily’s gaze. Byulyi sees how she sits straighter on the cart, the young girl takes a big breath, her body shakes a little.

 

« Do you think… Do you think it is wrong of me to like Yongsun? I mean… All my friends, they are interested only in boys, and they only see Yongsun as a girl crush, you know a funny thing… But… I don’t see her like that. »

 

« I don’t think it is wrong to like someone. Not even when… you both are girls. »

 

Goosebumps are rising on Byulyi’s skin, she feels a vague euphoria and she has to concentrate to maintain her focus on Lily. There is always a certain excitement at the mention of Yongsun’s name, which she is glad to welcome.

 

« Yongsun has always been quite opened about her uality. »

 


 

« Fancy we are both here when one of us doesn’t have this privilege anymore. »

 

Yongsun splashes Remy in the face, he doesn’t respond, just smiling through the foam. They both are bathing in the huge bathtub of the Prefect’s bathroom, each on one side, facing the other despite the heavy foam at the surface of the warm water.

 

« You aren’t really talkative. From experience, it only means something you can’t grasp is happening to you. And from the rumors I have heard, your heart is the reason of your torments. »

 

Hazel eyes, always so intelligent are shinning, the warm comfort most seek in them is still here, laying behind, ready to wrap you in a blanket.

 

Maybe the whole school knows, maybe they only know half of the story, but right now it couldn’t bother Yongsun more than that. The important part is that the one who should know the truth do. Everything has been a little more difficult than she expected it to be, maybe because she never lived through such situation before.

 

Friendship, is a concept Yongsun has always cherished; and in her eyes a relationship is an extended friendship where some boundaries are pushed to another level. But still, trust and respect are important concepts in both those form of relationships.

 

« I… I am not really sure of what I am feeling. »

 

« That’s okay. You are allowed to not be sure. »

 

Yongsun nods, but her heart is still heavy. She curls up under the water, bringing her legs back toward her chest. The water is now at the level of her chin and Remy barely sees her with all the foam. He closes his eyes and leans back against the wall, he knows Yongsun doesn’t find it comfortable to have those heavy conversation while looking at him right in the eyes.

 

Sometimes, there are moments where Yongsun wants to be a kid again, for it to be summer time when Yonghee is back from Hogwarts and her sister tells her everything about it, they play together until they fall asleep and start again the next day. There is no worries and the world is wonderful for them to explore. Yonghee always made everything excited for her, but she isn’t here as often anymore and the words isn’t as exciting as she hoped it would be when her sister was telling her about it.

 

« It is unfair. »

 

Neither of them move, but Yongsun is speaking loudly enough for Remy to hear.

 

As nostalgia fades away, anger slowly rises. Yongsun has been angry for a while now, like a fire burning inside her, she can’t seem to be able to find a way to let it out. It is so big it often burns her and the people around. The world she sees is one which will only submit to her through the pain of her fire. And sometimes, it happens that some people see past it and manages to touch her right in the heart. They don’t try to erase this burning disease but embrace her and she feels something close to peace.

 

Hyejin is one of them. Calm, almost mysterious Hyejin, she did even more than embracing Yongsun’s fire, she gently tamed it down with her magical fingers. For once experiencing a new feeling at Hyejin’s side, it was calm with her. Yongsun felt like she was breathing differently, and she would have continued to explore Hyejin’s peaceful world if only she hadn’t broken their bubble.

 

« Hyejin and I have broken up. »

 

« So it is true. »

 

Yongsun nods and foam gets on her nose, but Remy still hasn’t opened his eyes.

 

Breaking up; it changes nothing to Yongsun’s feelings toward Hyejin. Her heart aches when she sees again Hyejin’s eyes breaking in tears in front of her, her night are haunted by infinite “what if” and the whole school seems to have agreed on mentioning Hyejin’s name constantly.

 

People around Yongsun asked why she suddenly dated Hyejin out of all people, when she has always been against dating as a whole. Yongsun only answer is that she felt a sudden pull toward the girl and suddenly she could only see her. Is that what falling in love is? She isn’t really sure of the answer, but she followed exactly what her heart told her; like Remy told her to do.

 

In a way, there is nothing to regret, because she has always been honest, with herself and with Hyejin. Yet the fire inside her is only anger who wants to explode, but there is nothing to fight for anymore.

 

« As much as it hurts, I think I have done the right thing. »

 

Remy opens his eyes, only to see how Yongsun is now standing on her knees and her eyes are already looking back at him. Even if he isn’t his first time, he finds it hard to hold Yongsun’s gaze. There is something so raw and intense about it.

 

« Hyejin and I… We… No. There is nothing more to say about it. »

 

Rely knows not to push it; Yongsun gets up from the bathtub, she grabs a towel and walks away in the girl’s changing room. There, showers are available to rinse off the bath, she gets under one, than grab her towel to dry herself off and change into her uniform. But before exiting, Yongsun takes an unholy amount of time in front of the mirror.

 

Her hair as always are a mess of still wet locks which has been put in a bun. She looks at her uniform, how her tie is well tied around her neck and tucked under her grey sweat, her trousers are well ironed too and her socks are both the same inside of her polished shoes. She stays frozen for so long, she feels the memory ghost of someone pulling on her tie to make it loser around her neck before giving her a kiss.

 

Yongsun grits her teeth, she makes her ties even tighter and exits the Prefect’s bathroom at a fast pace.

 


 

« Hey! My dress! »

 

Wheein is quick to get her some papers to properly dry down the butterbeer which just spilled on Hyejin’s spring dress. Remy helps too, by pulling Dana’s clumsy self away from the poor girl.

 

It is the big day for Dana, she is celebrating her sixteenth birthday, at her table there are only Ravenclaw since the girl isn’t one to mingle easily with other houses; she is a country girl still rough around the edges which usually keeps most of the other students away. Since Hyejin is the only Slytherin, Dana made her sit right next to her, Wheein her closest friend on her other side. Wheein would have preferred to be near Hyejin but instead Lucas is sitting at her friend’s side.

 

Dana and Hyejin’s friendship is something Wheein never believed would happen. Hyejin is such a goodie two shoes with a delicate way of handling the world around her and Dana is rough and a bit too pushy, yet as Wheein watches them interact it seems to make sense.

 

It was until Lucas and Hyejin started to talk together, Wheein clearly saw how her friend’s face suddenly changed, and her fingers kept tangling together. Lucas, one of Ravenclaw’s Prefects and one year older than Hyejin, has always been on Hyejin’s back for her lack of care in her uniform. Hyejin always despited him for that, and the words coming out of his mouth even on the event of Dana’s birthday are annoying her to the highest point.

 

It is Hyejin who bumps into Dana’s hand to make the girl drop her drink on her dress, and she feels relieved when Wheein is the first one to react. The small girl then sits next to her, and Hyejin is fast to turn her back to Lucas.

 

« I hope you aren’t mad at Dana, she can be clumsy. »

 

James who is sitting right in front of the two friends offer them a sorry smile but Hyejin quickly tells him it is all fine. Hyejin likes James, with his grey eyes he can seem quite cold and unapproachable but it is all the contrary. He always greets her in the corridors, sometimes he sits next to her at the library, and he often has a snack in one of his pockets for her.

 

After the infamous Quidditch match, Hyejin became closer with the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, while Evan who is one year younger only greets her shyly, Jules, Chris, James and Remy always seem to find her around the school for a small chat or just wishing her a nice day. It feels new to have people actively looking out for her face among the students.

 

Somehow, despite the incident with Wheein, none of them changed their behavior toward her person. James told her Wheein asked them to not get involved, but Remy came to her and while he was visibly angry at Hyejin’s action, he only wanted her to know he was really disappointed by her behavior.

 

« I wish I could introduce you to Mina, but Evan and her are too busy with each other. »

 

« I see that. »

 

Wheein and Hyejin laugh together, indeed, Mina and Evan have been flirting with each other over their drinks way before Hyejin and Wheein arrived at the Three Broomsticks, and they haven’t been letting go of each other company ever since.

 

Hyejin lets her leg rest on top of Wheein’s lap, most of her body leans in Wheein’s direction and she feels relieved to have her friend close to her. James is telling a funny story about Dana and Wheein when they first started to play together and kept screaming at each other, the two girls used to always disagree, making their training quite eventful.

 

Hyejin is laughing at James’ story when Wheein pulls her up and toward another part of the bar.

 

« Come with me. »

 

Obviously, Wheein is in charge of the cake, she asked the house-elves to make one for her since… she doesn’t have any talent in this field. It is a blue frosted cake with an elegant “Happy Birthday Dana” written on top if in silver letters. Hyejin helps Wheein to light up the sixteenth candles before walking back in the main room with the main event.

 

Everyone starts to sing the second they see the two friends approaching, Dana’s eyes sparkles and she takes a full minute to make her wish before blowing the candles. There is a common gift brought to the table, a brand new broom, and a personal one from Hyejin who didn’t know about the broom.

 

« Maybe you should open it in private, later. »

 

« Something dirty? »

 

Dana gets a blow on the shoulder but still she hugs Hyejin closely, and thanks her sincerely.

 

There is a sense of familiarity between them, Hyejin feels at her place inside the group of friends, maybe it is Wheein who always make sure she is involve in the conversation, or Dana who on the side, Remy who ask if she wants another piece of the cake after he sees how her eyes are focus on the food, or James who tells her all about Wheein when she was younger.

 

Eventually, they have to go back to the castle, the afternoon is coming to an end and the evening is slowly showing the tip of its nose in the still sunny sky. Wheein and Hyejin leave together, Wheein wrapped around Hyejin’s waist as she had one too many shots of something way stronger than butterbeer. She feels clingy toward her friend, but she walks properly.

 

« The stairs are going to be a real pain. »

 

« If you had been a Slytherin, it wouldn’t have been the case. »

 

Wheein only grunts, she breathes the fresh air, clearing her busy mind, but not erasing her happy smile. Dana’s birthday has been a pleasant moment, she loves being around her close friends, and it feels even nicer when she sees how Hyejin gets along with them.

 

The Slytherin walks slowly with Wheein leaning on her, they are almost at the entrance of Hogsmeade when they hear a noise on their right, from one of the many path which leads to the Forbidden Forest.

 

« What was that? »

 

« I don’t know. We should go back to the castle. »

 

« No, we should look and see if it is nothing serious. »

 

« Wheein, you have drank… »

 

« Only a little. »

 

Wheein straightens up, but her eyes are a little blurry, Hyejin can see it. The girl walks in the direction of the noise, it was something like a scream from an animal in pain; they hear it again and Wheein walks faster on the small path, until she reaches the edge of the Forbidden Forest; Hyejin pulls her back but Wheein grabs her hand in hers and continues, further in the woods.

 

« That’s a terrible idea. It is going to be dark soon. Wheein, please. »

 

« It won’t take a long time. Come on, Hyejin. »

 

Hyejin doesn’t have much of a choice; she can’t abandon a half drunk Wheein in the Forbidden Forest, she follows her, squeezing Wheein’s hand a bit harder than usual.

 

The forest quickly becomes denser and deeper, the trees are so high the light peaking through the leaves is barely enough to see some of the branches on the ground, more than once they stumble on one. Wheein navigates the both of them quickly, she stops from time to time to listen and the scream seems to always answer her silent question.

 

The coldness picks under Hyejin’s clothes, the wind seems to blow with mean intention and it makes her walk even closer to Wheein. The latter is too absorb in the screaming of the animal in pain to realize how deep they are getting into the forest.

 

« Wow! »

 

In front of the two wizards, a hippogriff is desperately trying to get its claw out of the roots it is stuck in. The beast, almost reaching the two meters in height is furiously moving its wings, and its head in order to escape the natural trap.

 

Wheein is captivated by the half eagle, half horse, totally dangerous beast and Hyejin has to forcibly pull her away from its reach. Despite the poor light, Hyejin quickly realizes the hippogriff isn’t one of Hogwarts’s herd; they are usually smaller and all abort the school armory under their right wing.

 

This isn’t good at all, why would a wild hippogriff be on Hogwarts ground? This isn’t the kind of beast to usually roam the Forbidden Forest and the visible distress state of the animal makes it aggressive, which translates by dangerous for Wheein and for her.

 

« Wheein, we should go. »

 

Wheein nods, yet her eyes are set on the huge creature; maybe because she has never seen such hippogriff, maybe because the alcohol in her system makes her evaluate the situation less scary than it actually is, maybe because she is a curious kid.

 

Hyejin turns her back and Wheein follow, it would be too dangerous to help it. Except, one of the first rule with hippogriff is to not turn your back on them and always look at them in the eyes. This mistake brings the hippogriff’s state to another milestone, the beast manages to pull its claw out of the roots.

 

« Wheein! Run! »

 

Wheein needs a few more second than usual to put the words in action, she doesn’t let go of Hyejin’s hand and starts to run among the tree, hoping to find the way back to Hogwarts, or really just out of the forest. The branches wipes her arms, and more than once Hyejin lets out a tear when she feels the nature attacking her legs.

 

The hippogriff behind them is half running half flying to catch the two humans who just disrespected it. The screams terrify Hyejin, goosebumps are crawling under her skin, she feels even more desperate when she realizes she doesn’t have her wand with her. This is really a beginner mistake.

 

« Wheein! Wait! »

 

Wheein keeps on running but eventually she has to let go of Hyejin’s hand as the girl has one of her feet stuck in a hole. Hyejin tries to get it out, in the panic and fear of the moment she struggles with something so basic she starts to curse. It doesn’t arrange her case when she sees the hippogriff charging in her direction, she wishes for her wand, or something, just something to get herself out of this situation.

 

The beast is almost on her when Wheein circles her waist and lifts her out of the hole, she turns Hyejin around to protect her friend from the imminent attack. Wheein just has the time to drop Hyejin and to shield her with her body, the enraged animal uses its claw to attack them.

 

A scream tears up the forest.

 

 


Hello!

It is great to be back! I haven't given up on the story at all, I was only busy with other things! I am sorry sorry it took almost a whole month to get this chapter out!

Now speaking of the chapter! I have a few things to say, all positive!

The first one is that I had another ending written (for this chapter) but another idea came to me and since I really wanted to post TODAY I cut it here, a bit on purpose! So you can be excited about the next chapter!

Also, I got a great recommandation about confronting the four of them for once, outside the Quidditch set. I have been avoiding such thing for diverse reasons but! I think you can expect some OT4 scenes for next chapter. And a last thing, I got really hyped by a book called Tara Duncan (I doubt anyone know about it but I really digged it recently) and so it IS about magic. So if the way I handle magic changes from the way magic is shown in Harry Potter the original serie it is because I took inspiration from this book! Tada!

Well, at the very last but not the least, a big thank you to everyone reading, commenting, upvoting, and liking the story! That's so cool and I appreciate sharing it with everyone! Hehe! Thank you, thank you! I wish you a good week, and stay safe!