Chapter 13 or the art of not writing a letter

The Hardship of Desire

 

« What are you doing here? I thought you were out with Wheein. »

 

« I don’t spend all my time with her, you know. »

 

Byulyi raises an eyebrow at the response, not that it is unlike Hyejin, but the two girls are quite close. Hyejin doesn’t even spare a glance at Byulyi, she is focus on a paper, Byulyi believes it is a letter but she can’t see it from here.

 

The older Slytherin went back to her room to change her clothes, the weather of March is warmer than she thought and her sweater was starting to bother her. She didn’t think she would find Hyejin sitting on her bed, with a bunch of papers in her hands. It is soon the beginning of Spring and knowing Hyejin, she would have believed the girl to be enjoying the end of winter with Wheein around the Great Lake.

 

« Well… What are you doing then? It is so sunny outside, don’t you want to enjoy the weather? »

 

« I am just finishing that. »

 

« Wanna share? »

 

Hyejin groans, she throws an envelop at Byulyi. The blonde can read the returning address at the back. It is from Hana, one of Hyejin’s older sisters. The girl is five years older than Hyejin and the two often send each other letters during the year. Even more knowing they didn’t get to see each other during Christmas break.

 

« How is Hana doing? »

 

« She is still a university student. But now, she lives with her boyfriend. »

 

« That’s nice. »

 

« Yeah… I wish we could see each other soon. »

 

Byulyi only nods, she gives the envelop back to Hyejin. The Slytherin receives letters every week from her two older sisters, but Byulyi knows she is closer to Hana than Haewon. The oldest Ahn daughter is ten years older than Hyejin and has been living on her own ever since she turned eighteen.

 

Hyejin still adores her very much and spends half of her summers at her sister’s place. Magic has been the source of a lot of trouble in her family, especially for her sisters when they realized the status they had in the wizard world. On top of it, Hyejin’s mom always wanted to share her world with her children, and when Hyejin was born, things didn’t get better for her sisters.

 

Haewon lived it horribly, to the point she left her parent’s the soonest possible. Hyejin didn’t understand as a child all the problems around her. Why were her mother and sisters always screaming at each other, why was Haewon crying in her room alone, why Hana always looked sad and why her dad never said anything.

 

Hyejin often felt like she was too much in this family, she often was at the Moon’s, stuck to Byulyi’s side. The girl never complained, she was always so happy to see Hyejin every single time. Sometimes, Haewon and Hana would come too, and Hyejin wished for them to play with her but they would always stay in Byulyi’s mom’s office for hours. Hyejin wanted to know what was in this room.

 

« Well, I’ll leave you, then. I am around the Great Lake with some friends. Join us if you want. Okay? »

 

« Yeah. Bye. »

 

Hyejin opens a second envelop, from Haewon this time. Inside, there is a letter, but also three dried poppy flowers. Hyejin smiles, she opens a wooden box and places the dried flowers among many others. Haewon has the habit of speaking to Hyejin with flowers; when Hyejin was younger, she would always draw flowers for her sister. Ince Haewon is composed with the hanja of “ocean” and Hyejin is composed with the hanja of “light”, the two make flowers bloom Hyejin thought as a kid.

 

The use of exchanging flowers in different forms stayed between the two. Poppies mean “consolation” and it makes Hyejin chuckle bitterly. Her relationship with Yongsun has been the main topic of her correspondences with her sisters and the flowers are the response to her last letter.

 

As Hyejin reads the letter, she is torn between tears and laughs. Haewon has a unique way with words and she knows how to hit all of Hyejin’s weak spots. Her letter is comforting, a way to help Hyejin navigate her emotions, to make her feel better and to remind her she isn’t alone.

 

Hyejin is well aware on how much she depends on her sisters’ support. While Byulyi is needed when confronting situations unique to her condition as a wizard, her sisters provide the needed understanding of years of experiences. Every emotions Hyejin is going through as a teenager are experiences they already lived and Hyejin feels comforted to know she is understood and accepted.

 

Haewon and Hana both showed their excitement at the news of their baby sister dating someone. It was a first! Hyejin usually complains about her teachers, her classes and Byulyi putting her in the worst situations. Since Hyejin have been mentioning Wheein’s name more often each years, they both thought something more than friendship would blossom from the duo. They were both surprised when Hyejin wrote to them about this Yongsun girl.

 

Hana joked about her being Gryffindor, asking if it wasn’t against the school rules for Slytherin and Gryffindor to date one another. Hyejin responded she was the dumbest Ahn of this generation. Haewon was worried her sister would face some bad reactions for dating a girl, but it soon changed to worries about Yongsun’s status in school as Hyejin explained in her letter her mixed feelings about the matter.

 

Hyejin’s last letter was written with concerns about her relationship, explaining how it wasn’t like anything she expected to be and how despite her best effort, she thinks the excitement of something new has been confusing her real feelings. While she thinks Yongsun is a very attractive and charming person, she fails to find any romantic feelings in her heart toward the girl.

 

Yongsun is attractive and Hyejin can’t deny it, when the girl corners her and puts a kiss on her lips, she feels her heart beat faster, and she wants the girl to keep doing it. Yongsun is a great kisser, she has the experience but there is more than that, she actually deeply likes Hyejin and gives herself into the kiss. Hyejin likes her passion, the way she seems to be a bit scared to go too far without Hyejin’s consent, the way she tries to always take her feelings in consideration. Hana pointed out the Gryffindor seemed to be perfect.

 

Hyejin feels like she is the problem. Yongsun does everything perfectly and yet, she can’t seem to be able to give back the same energy. What is wrong with me? Hyejin runs her hand in her hair, pushing the long locks back.

 

Hyejin always imagined herself to have a really romantic first relationship, with flowers, dates and long declarations. She imagined herself to be in love, with butterfly in her stomach at the mention of her loved one, starts in her eyes and beating heart when she is squeezed in her lover’s arms. Her relationship with Yongsun has been a chocking comeback to reality.

 

Yongsun’s idea of a date is hanging around the school, she has yet to offer any flowers to Hyejin, and her honesty is blunt. Clearly, she isn’t very good with her words, Hyejin wished she would take the time to think a bit before speaking.

 

The first time Hyejin found herself alone with Yongsun, in the Potion classroom, there was a heavy atmosphere between them. Hyejin remembers being flustered around the girl, surely her reputation and the way Yongsun stayed close to her played a big part in it. But Hyejin was sure at this time there was something, something about Yongsun which made her take interest in the girl and made her say yes.

 

Maybe this something was just the excitement of being fancied by someone else, the chase was exciting, and Hyejin liked it. More than what she has now?

 

The Slytherin lays down on her bed, from the tip of her feet she opens the window to the fullest, the spring wind is already charged in sun and Hyejin welcomes it gladly.

 


 

« Miss Kim, how are you feeling? »

 

Yongsun nods, she is still very much tired emotionally but her legs doesn’t hurt anymore and she has her full mobility back. The nurse forced her to come for a check up every morning this week, Yongsun hates it. But at least she doesn’t have to spend her day in the infirmary, she is quick to find it boring.

 

« Pearley wanted to see you. But I suggested for us to have a little talk instead. »

 

Yongsun’s eyes look around the room, Mrs. Vera’s office is collapsing under all the parchments, papers and books, it is amazing how there isn’t any dust in the room. Despite the general chaos, it is clean, and organized in a way only the teacher seems to know the key of.

 

« Yongsun. »

 

Her brown eyes are surprised by the familiar and delicate tone her Head of House just used with her. Her curiosity shines with intensity and Mrs. Vera has to look away for a second.

 

« I want us to discuss what happened during the match. »

 

Yongsun nods slowly, her thoughts back one week before. She can say she didn’t have the best week, and it happens sometimes. Everything was piling up, her worries coming from different situations, there isn’t a particular event which put her in this state of mind. But in the end, even while playing the match, despite doing her best, she could feel she wasn’t really into it.

 

« I want to talk about what happened with Miss. Jones. »

 

« The fight, you mean? When I pointed my wand in her face? »

 

Yongsun sighs, she doesn’t dare to look at her teacher in the eyes. She isn’t proud of herself, and she has been thinking about it too. It is hard to explain, at this moment, she felt cornered, and like an animal she did what she had to to gain the full control on the situation and show her domination.

 

At this instant, Emma wanted to push her to her limit, to make her show her terrible self to others. She almost did, is she a terrible person?

 

Mrs. Vera sat down closer to Yongsun; as the student spend most of their year at school, without any adult figure other than the teachers around them, a lot of students develop close bond with some of their teachers. Mrs. Vera found herself attached to the Gryffindor, and it always made something to her heart to see her grow up into such a nice young lady.

 

While Yongsun’s behavior must be talked about, Mrs. Vera didn’t find it in herself to blindly punish the girl. Yongsun may had have a hard time handling her emotions in the past, she had worked on herself, with Mrs. Vera’s help but also with her parents’ and sister’s. So it could only have been a big matter for the girl to sink down again.

 

« Emma and I never really liked each other. Last year, I don’t really remember how but we ended up playing some games at a party after the O.W.L. exams. Something where you have a dare given to you by the other players. »

 

Mrs. Vera almost knows where this is going, but she wants to listen to her student version of the story. She also finds the stories between students amusing, it makes her remember her days at Hogwarts.

 

« I had to kiss the most handsome boy in the room… I won’t make you a picture but Emma’s best friend was here too. Afterwards, she thought I did it to provoke her. Emma isn’t the most brilliant mind in my opinion, so… Do I really have to tell you all of it? »

 

Yongsun whines, uncomfortable about telling so much of her private life to her teacher. Mrs. Vera leaves her alone about the rest of the story. Yongsun slouches back in the couch, she is impatient to leave the room.

 

The Gryffindor remembers the event, Emma was livid to see Yongsun kissing her best friend. In all fairness, Yongsun thought he was quite handsome with his long blonde hair and his tanned skin; yet she doesn’t even remember his name. It could have stopped here, but Emma’s reaction was too stirring for Yongsun. It was totally wrong of her to play such game with Emma’s best friend, especially when she realized Emma had feelings for him.

 

The Gryffindor still spent the whole night close to the Hufflepuff boy, grinning harder when he invited her to sit on his lap. Emma had started to dislike Yongsun when she saw how the Gryffindor used her popularity, her pretty face and her status to get what she wanted. Her negative feelings toward the girl grew even harder after seeing her all over her best friend.

 

Yongsun even had let herself enjoy a flying which lasted longer than usual with Emma’s best friend. She knows her behavior was completely out of place. She shouldn’t be surprised of Emma’s remaining feelings toward her person.

 

« I hope you realize the consequences of your behavior. »

 

Yongsun nods, pitiful and embarrassed. Mrs. Vera stands up, walking around her office, considering the whole situation.

 

« I want you to apologize. To Emma. And to this boy. Playing with people’s emotions and feelings for your own personal pleasure is wrong. »

 

Yongsun grits her teeth. She doesn’t want to see Emma’s face right now, but she will do as Mrs. Vera tell her. She bows her head in submission to the teacher.

 

« You are seventeen now and you have almost completed your education at Hogwarts. I was proud to announce you as the captain of the Quidditch team. Now, I am re-considering my decision. When you will show me I can trust you in taking responsibilities, you will have your position back. »

 

« What! »

 

« Ian is the captain until you show me you understood the lesson. He already knows. »

 

Yongsun sighs, she clenches her fist a few seconds before relaxing her hands. Mrs. Vera watches as the girl tries to handle her emotions in a healthy way. She doesn’t want her to repress them, but to acknowledge what she is feeling without being controlled by them.

 

« You are still part of the Quidditch team. But your behavior on the pitch worried some teachers. You will be able to play the next match only if your behavior and your grades are flawless until then. »

 

« Fine. »

 


 

« The weather is so nice this days. I am happy to be with you. »

 

Yongsun pulls on Hyejin’s hand, bringing the girl closer to her. The couple has been enjoying a walk around the castle, just like a lot of other couples who decided to enjoy the beginning of the spring together around the Great Lake. Yongsun is wearing a yellow spring dress, and half of her hair are kept in a high bun, she keeps on skipping alongside Hyejin, excited by the sun.

 

Hyejin keeps Yongsun’s hand firmly in hers, her fingers even intertwine together. The Slytherin is on one cherry lollipop, she wears her usual comfortable clothes, a top and a bottom ample enough for comfort but elegant enough to fit the spring date.

 

Hyejin is the one who asked Yongsun; it is now the middle of the afternoon and it is the warmest it is going to be for today. Hyejin lets her eyes wonder on the horizon, she can smell flowers from somewhere but she doesn’t see any to her disappointment.

 

« Yongsun… I wanted to talk to you. »

 

Hyejin keeps on walking, squeezing Yongsun’s hand in hers. She thought about it a lot, it has been a little less than two months than Yongsun and her have been together. While it started good, it quickly felt lukewarm between them. Hyejin thinks she may have put too much expectations on Yongsun and when she then felt that the girl wasn’t meeting them, she didn’t put much effort into the relationship. All of that and Byulyi. Seeing her friend putting up a face just for her, Hyejin tried to diminish the importance of her relationship with Yongsun so the girl wouldn’t feel forced to put up with it. It wasn’t the best strategy, the solution for Byulyi’s feelings should come from Byulyi and not Hyejin.

 

« I am listening, Hyejinnie. »

 

Her voice is softer than usual, so serious, yet so encouraging. Hyejin closes her eyes, feeling comforted when Yongsun’s thumb caress the back of her hand. Sometimes, there are those small things, and Hyejin sees that love isn’t just burning passion and grandiose gestures but soft and warm instant, so intimate by their simplicity.

 

« I thought about us… And I am sorry. »

 

« Sorry? What for? You… »

 

Hyejin stops walking, she pulls on Yongsun’s hand which make the girl stop too. Quiet, hanging onto Hyejin’s next words. Her big brown eyes open even bigger, Hyejin lets a discreet chuckle out when she meets with Yongsun’s intense gaze.

 

« I am sorry… I wasn’t good to you. I see how you try very hard for me. I am so thankful. But… I didn’t do the same thing. »

 

Hyejin tries not to look at the other girl when she speaks, she worries tears will get the best of her and she wouldn’t be able to finish. It is important for her that Yongsun keeps holding on to her hand strongly. Hyejin takes some breathes, it isn’t Yongsun she doesn’t trust but herself.

 

« You are so nice to me, always. I… I want to… I like you, Yongsun. I will try very hard for us too, because I like you. I really do. »

 

« I really want that for us too. »

 

Hyejin finally breathes, the weight of worries on her shoulder fading away. Yongsun wraps her in her arms; she is taller than Hyejin and the girl likes how she can snuggle her face in her neck so easily. Yongsun is a hugger, she presses Hyejin impossibly close to her, her body leaning so much forward it looks like she could fall.

 

Hyejin closes her eyes, she can feel everything better this way; Yongsun’s mature perfume, her short hair brushing against her cheek, her skin warmed by the sun and even the beat of her heart.

 


 

« You know, last year I was really not even sad Slytherin lost the Cup. »

 

« Really? If your players hear you they won’t like it. »

 

« I saw how hard you fought. You know, I always admired how intense you were. »

 

« Intense? »

 

Wheein puts down her book on her stomach and raises her head to look at Byulyi in the eyes. The two friends are enjoying the sun of spring on the training grounds where first years usually learn to fly their broom. Right now, groups of friends and couples are lazily enjoying the weather.

 

« You are intense. When you play Quidditch, I can see that nothing will stop you. I admire this quality, since your first year, you never gave up. Even when you were against Seekers way taller and bigger than you. »

 

« I guess so. But I don’t believe I am that intense. »

 

« Anyway, this year, my team and I will win the Cup. »

 

« You wish. »

 

Byulyi makes a small water stream come from the tip of her wand, it ends its course on Wheein’s face. The girl screams and immediately sits up, trying to save her book from being wet and searching for the little devil who is her friend.

 

« You needed to freshen up your ideas. »

 

Wheein only spares Byulyi a dark look, she dries herself with a quick spell and closes her book definitely. She doesn’t feel like reading no more. Byulyi chuckles, her eyes have this glimpse of maliciousness Wheein is so familiar with.

 

« Speaking of Quidditch. How was it in Pearley office? What did she tell you? »

 

« Remy didn’t tell you? »

 

Wheein raises her shoulders. Remy did explain more or less what happened, but Wheein is curious and she wants to know directly from Byulyi. The whole incident during Gryffindor and Hufflepuff match has been more or less cleared up. Apparently, there is still some tension between the two houses, especially when they share classes together.

 

« Pearley asked me what I knew about Yongsun and Emma’s relationship. I told her, like everyone, I know they weren’t in good terms since the beginning, but it was never to this level before. She then asked if there was tension between the other Quidditch teams. Like you know, outside of the pitch we more or less all know each other. We aren’t all friends but we celebrate together. Look at Yongsun’s birthday, she invited every player and everyone had a great time. »

 

Wheein nods, all the Quidditch team maintain courteous relationship with each other outside of the pitch. Pearley have been trying for years to stop all the unhealthy rivalry between the different Houses, and instead promoting a friendly behavior; Byulyi and Wheein were her best work so far.

 

« Emma was just before me, when she left Pearley’s office, she was so angry she almost ran me over. »

 

« Emma has a lot of big feelings, anyway. You know she made me apologize to her team two times for the time I put a spell on the Quaffle. She is crazy. »

 

« I don’t think so. I talked with her one time, she is quite nice. She just really likes for everything to be done by the rules. »

 

« A true Hufflepuff. »

 

« Come on, don’t be like that. Emma isn’t a bad person. »

 

« Yet, look what she did to Yongsun. »

 

Byulyi sighs. Wheein and her weren’t at the Quidditch game when the incident happened, and she only learned about it from the talks going around the school and Pearley’s questions. She understood the two Quidditch captains fought each others. She thinks it is hard to believe Yongsun had her wand pointed at Emma’s face; but she totally believes that Mrs. Vera threw a Stupefy at someone.

 

Since so many different versions of the story exist, Byulyi isn’t sure of who to believe and she doesn’t see herself asking Yongsun about it, nor Emma who she isn’t really close with. But Yongsun was at the infirmary for a while, Hyejin at least told her a Buldger hurt her leg pretty bad but she refused to go more in details.

 

It is hard for the girl to give her opinion on something she has so little informations about. Even the school paper’s article aren’t making much sense. Since most of the students were watching the Seekers flying after the Golden Snitch, nearly no one saw the two captains fighting each other until the very end when Mrs. Vera threw a Stupefy on someone.

 

« I don’t really know what to think of the incident to be honest. Everyone’s version is different. »

 

« Yongsun told me about it. »

 

Wheein looks longly at Byulyi, but her friend is just waiting for her to continue, her eyes have nothing but curiosity. Wheein tries to be cautious when it comes to Yongsun, even after their long talk at the Three Broomsticks, she believes Byulyi needs more time.

 

« Yongsun told me it started in the air. Emma flew right into her and so Yongsun’s broom broke against one of the hoops. They then somehow made their way to the ground and after that they fought with punches. Yongsun was the one who took out her wand, and that’s why Mrs. Vera threw at her a Stupefy. Yongsun isn’t a bad person… but you know how she is when she is very angry. »

 

Byulyi nods. She saw it one time, when she was way younger, maybe her second year. She had only one class in common with Gryffindor, Potion. After spending most of the class struggling, the small Gryffindor had furiously kicked her cauldron, and even screamed to Mr. Greysom to leave her alone with his stupid potions.

 

The little girl had quite the character for her age, Mrs. Vera had come to take care of the little girl temper. Byulyi never believed the Gryffindor to be mean but quite scary with her bad temper.

 

« Yongsun has to apologize to Emma for what she did. Also, she has been suspended from being captain. »

 

« What! Who is Gryffindor’s captain, then? »

 

« Ian. I thought you would know already, literally everyone has been talking about it, unnie. »

 

Byulyi shrugs, she hasn’t been listening to the school rumors in a while, she has been somewhere else, like the Forbidden Forest. Wheein isn’t one to follow the rumors around the school, but Dana usually tells her everything which is going on.

 

« I never really liked Ian. »

 

« No one really do. »

 

The two friends are correct, Ian isn’t known to be the most loved player of his team. He is cold, and blunt in the worst way possible. Wheein never had to do with him directly, but he is scary and doesn’t mind pushing people over when needed. He isn’t mean, but his looks and his personality are frozen cold.

 

« I must admit he is the most logical choice. »

 

Wheein nods, the other players are either too young to take the responsibility or too immature. Wheein fails to see a leader soul in any of them, except for Ian. Gryffindor last captain finished his schooling last year, he decided for Gryffindor next captain to be revealed during the first match to open the season. Everyone knew it would either be Yongsun or Ian.

 

« With all of this, how have you been doing? »

 

« Me? »

 

Byulyi nods, Wheein rarely talks about herself and it is hard to know what she thinks if you don’t ask her directly. Byulyi feels grateful for the support her friend has been giving her this past weeks, from their afternoons to the Three Broomsticks, to the quiet times they enjoy together.

 

« I am doing just fine. »

 

« I hope you don’t lie to me. »

 


 

« Fancy seeing you here. »

 

Byulyi half jokes as she pushes the cart full of books further in the library. Since it is past the regular opening time of the library, no one is around and the girl has gotten ride of her tie, her shirt has been ed a bit, which doesn’t look like anything of the usually so well dressed Slytherin. Byulyi pushes the reason on the boring punishment she has gotten from Mr. Poe, Slytherin Head of House.

 

Turns out, Brian, the poor little Hufflepuff who had pulled a prank on Hyejin and Byulyi told the whole story to Mr. Poe. The two Slytherins had ended up with a punishment for their little revenge, but Mr. Poe who knows the duo quite well had made it a point to not give them the luxury to spend more time together while they were being punished. Byulyi has to put the books back to their places in the library for a month while Hyejin has to help Mr. Greysom for one month during his Potion class with the first year for free.

 

Byulyi thinks Mr. Poe went easy on them because Brian wasn’t all innocent either. He didn’t get any punishment since Byulyi and Hyejin already took care of his case; Mr. Poe finds beyond funny what his two students did to the poor boy.

 

« Mrs. Vera said you needed company. »

 

« What did you do this time? »

 

Lily sighs heavily, she looks at Byulyi with innocent eyes, but the older girl knows it means nothing at all. While correcting papers with Mrs. Vera for the last two months, Byulyi had learned much about the different student causing great trouble to the Head of House; Lily is one of them. It is to be noted that Byulyi’s punishment with Mrs. Vera has ended, she just got herself a new punishment.

 

The girl’s behavior is what causes all of Mrs. Vera’s headaches. She said even Byulyi is an angel next to the Gryffindor. Byulyi thinks Lily is just a kid with a lot of energy; she used to dislike the girl but thinking back, Lily never did anything against her. And ever since Byulyi saved her in front of Mrs. Vera, Lily has been extra nice to Byulyi every time she saw her in the castle. She often offered chocolate to Byulyi as a thank you gesture.

 

« I made someone’s cat blue. »

 

Byulyi laughs out loud, even dropping the book in her hand as she imagines Mrs. Vera’s face. The Head of House must have enough of the Gryffindor girl, yet she cherishes every single one of her students.

 

« Well. Here, you take this row. »

 

Byulyi is still laughing, she has a hard time finding the books which go in her row and she ends up making a pill drop from the cart. Lily helps her, she doesn’t dare to say anything to the Slytherin laughing at her.

 

« Why are you here? »

 

« I made someone’s head a pumpkin. I guess, we all make mistake. »

 

Lily opens big, she wasn’t expecting the answer. It disarms her how Byulyi continues to order the book. She only has to raise her arm near the shelves for the magic to take care of the book and put it right to its spot. The difficult part is to know in which row each book goes. If you mess up, the shelve spit the book out right on your head.

 

« It is interesting because Mrs. Vera told me you often get in trouble, yet she seems to like you. I know she doesn’t like me very much. »

 

« Only because she is your Head of House and you keep making Gryffindor lose points. »

 

« She said you were a really good student. I think this is why. »

 

Lily pulls more book out of the cart and raises her arm above her head to the shelve. One by one, the books are going back to their spot. Byulyi pushes the cart to the next row, Lily following behind.

 

« Maybe. I think Mrs. Vera wish you would grow up a little and stop getting in trouble with first years. »

 

« It is better if I get in trouble with people my age? »

 

Byulyi slaps the back of her head with a book, it is a light blow, it makes Lily laugh.

 

« Dumb . I mean, you should stop getting in trouble for nothing. Mrs. Vera thinks you do all of this because you are bored but you don’t even have good grades. »

 

« I have okay grades… »

 

« You should work harder, and stop searching for trouble. I don’t believe you are really searching for trouble, tho. »

 

Byulyi doesn’t believes Lily to have a bad heart; she thinks she is a good judge of character, even if she tends to see the good in everyone. Lily just rubbed her off the wrong way the first few times she saw her, but now, she doesn’t feel this way about the girl.

 

« You know, you don’t need to go to all that trouble for people to give you attention. »

 

« What? »

 

« Maybe you don’t realize it yet… Kid like you, they just want attention. »

 

Byulyi pokes Lily’s forehead a few time, the girl doesn’t even move, she seems frozen.

 

« Listen, I get it, Gryffindor is full of great people who all have something special about them. But this is what Gryffindor folks like to tell themselves. They are just kids like you and me. So, don’t worry so much about everything, okay? Stop putting yourself in trouble, Lily. »

 

Lily looks at Byulyi, their brown eyes greeting each others. Byulyi smiles when she sees the pitiful pout on Lily’s lips. She doesn’t know why the girl is suddenly hugging her, she is smaller than Byulyi and it makes it easy for the Slytherin to pat her head.

 

« I know why everyone like you, now. »

 

Byulyi doesn’t really respond. She pats Lily’s head for a moment, letting the girl hug her.

 


 

« Unnie! »

 

Hyejin walks faster, she catches up with Yongsun in the stairs, before they start to move again. Yongsun grabs her hips to stabilize her before letting go and instead holding Hyejin’s hand. The Slytherin blushes at the way Yongsun even puts some of her locks back in place before smiling at her.

 

There is something so charming about all the little attentions she offers Hyejin.

 

« I wanted to say hello before the first class. »

 

« Hello, Hyejin. I saw you at breakfast already but you were too sleepy to notice me. »

 

Yongsun chuckles, leaving Hyejin with even redder cheeks. Yongsun finishes climbing the stairs as they have stopped moving now, she makes her way down Gryffindor’s corridor, Hyejin following her by holding her hand.

 

Most students are still in the Great Hall, enjoying their breakfast as they slept to the last minute. Yongsun always wakes up early so she has some time for herself before class. When the couple enters the Gryffindor common room, only a few Gryffindors are present, too busy with their own thing, they don’t notice the two.

 

Yongsun continues, she climbs the stair to Gryffindor dormitories and enters her room, Hyejin still behind. The Gryffindor walks to her bed, she lets go of Hyejin’s hand to search for something in her mess of papers, books, letters, parchments and other various objects which are found in her part of the room.

 

« You only share your room with one person. »

 

Usually, Hogwarts students share room with at least three other person, just like Hyejin and Byulyi who lives in a four people room. So it comes to a surprise for Hyejin that Yongsun’s room is as big as hers with only two people living in it.

 

« I don’t know why, it has been like this since my fourth year. Anyway, I am sorry for the mess. »

 

« I know you aren’t a very tidy person. »

 

Yongsun turns toward Hyejin, an eyebrow raised in surprise. Hyejin never went to her room before, and she doesn’t remember telling the girl such thing about herself.

 

« I just figured it out. »

 

« Hum. I just need a book for this morning and I know it is here. »

 

Hyejin looks around, on the floor there are letters, opened and some not. All students use owls to communicate with their families during the year. Hyejin thought she received a lot of letters from her sisters, but Yongsun is another case.

 

From what Hyejin sees, most of them are in Korean, a lot of them seems to have been written by the same person. Some letters only have drawings in them, others contains official papers from the Ministry of Magic; Hyejin recognizes the symbol. She puts them together on the small table near Yongsun’s bed. She doesn’t want to invade Yongsun’s privacy even if she is really curious.

 

« I have it. Ah! »

 

Yongsun walks toward Hyejin, her book in hand. Her hair are a bit messy from the search and her tie isn’t in place. Hyejin likes it better this way, she smirks and pulls down on Yongsun’s tie, getting ride of the knot entirely.

 

« Better. »

 

« That’s how you wear your uniform, I will get in trouble if I… »

 

Hyejin kisses her, it is a bit more than a peck but it doesn’t last long. Yongsun blinks a few times, she doesn’t have the time to get a hold on the situation, Hyejin puts another kiss on her lips. It is longer this time and Yongsun deepens the kiss, moving her lips against Hyejin’s.

 

Yongsun’s hands are on Hyejin’s side, holding her closer already; her book long gone somewhere else. Hyejin puts her arms around Yongsun’s neck, she closes the space between their body. Hyejin runs on hand in Yongsun’s hair, which works wonderfully in driving the other girl crazy. Yongsun bites Hyejin’s lips, making the girl open .

 

Hyejin doesn’t believe she has ever been kissed this way before. Usually, Yongsun keeps their make out session quite light, Hyejin realizes the girl has been keeping herself on hold since she is usually the one initiating them. But for once, Hyejin has been starting it, which seems to completely change the intensity of Yongsun’s behavior.

 

The Gryffindor’s hands are now on Hyejin’s hips, keeping the girl so close. The fingers pressing into her skin put butterflies in Hyejin’s stomach, she hears herself in Yongsun’s mouth. Hyejin has completely let go, she makes Yongsun steps back until she hits the bed and she climbs on the girl’s lap.

 

« Hyejin… We have...class… Now...class… »

 

Yongsun has always been weak for girls, even more when they are all over her; it is even harder for her to stop now that it is a girl she actually likes. Yongsun doesn’t fight much, she lets Hyejin kiss her neck, knowing very well where her excitement will lead them.

 

« Sorry… »

 

Hyejin is the one stopping herself, she rests her forehead against Yongsun’s, trying to catch her breath after their intense kissing. Yongsun lets her hand slid down on Hyejin’s , she can’t hid she enjoys the girl’s curves. Hyejin is too busy trying to gather her thoughts to mind it.

 

« You are right, we must go to class. »

 

Yongsun tries to steal another kiss from Hyejin but the girl pushes her away, she gets down from Yongsun’s lap and runs a hand in her long hair. Yongsun wants more of what Hyejin just gave her. Her eyes aren’t leaving the girl in front of her, but Hyejin tells her no again and Yongsun lets it go.

 

Yongsun who likes to have her uniform put on properly doesn’t understand why she finds it so attractive the way Hyejin wears her in such a carefree way; with her tie lose, her shirt untucked and her work robe falling from her right shoulder. Yongsun’s eyes lose themselves on Hyejin’s legs; ever since the weather have started to warm up, Hyejin has been wearing skirt instead of trousers and Yongsun loves it.

 

Hyejin sees how Yongsun her lips while looking at her legs. She smirks before turning around and leaving the room.

 

« Wait, Hyejin! »

 

« I am going to be late, because of you. »

 

Hyejin’s tone is a teasing one, but when Yongsun reaches the common room after putting on her uniform properly and finding her book, the Slytherin is already gone.

 


 

Wheein opens her book, her eyes hurt from the lack of sleep, instead of taking a rest, she pushed it to write a letter to Yonghee. The effort took a toll on the Ravenclaw who now barely manages to find the courage to do her homework. The Great Hall is not that quiet, and she feels like her head is going to explode. Yet, she can’t leave already, study time is mandatory for another hour. Wheein closes her eyes, she massages her temple and takes long breathes. Her friends are all busy with the long paper due for tomorrow in History of Magic, Wheein has it done already, but she wants to finish next week paper in Astronomy.

 

The Ravenclaw is surprised to see an owl fly right toward her from the Great Hall entrance, fortunately no one realizes it and she discreetly take the letter from its mouth. It has Yonghee’s handwriting on it and suddenly Wheein feels excited to read it. It takes her three minutes to escape the Great Hall and its mandatory study time.

 

The girl runs in the corridors, she jumps the stairs and finishes her frantic course in the Ravenclaw tower where she throws herself in her bed. Here, she opens the letter and starts to read it. She likes how Yonghee writes to her in Korean, as for her this language is like home, this is how her parents speak to her, and she feels an eternal comfort she can’t reach with English.

 

Yonghee always responds very fast to her letters when she is in Europe, but sometimes her job as a Curse-Breaker makes her go all the way to America, Asia or even Africa and Wheein has to wait a whole week for an answer. The two have been exchanging more letters this days as Wheein has been wondering seriously about her future.

 

Yonghee’s job arouses Wheein’s admiration for the woman, and her interest. She has been thinking about it more and more, after Hogwarts, she wants to be a Curse-Breaker just like Yonghee. Being a Curse-Breaker is a title given to those who remove, counter or break curses placed on objects or places for a living. Due to its dangerousness, it is a really well paid job.

 

Yonghee’s letter is two pages long, Wheein loves it even more when a drawing fall from the envelope. Yonghee likes to draw small little characters and since Wheein adores them, she adds them to her letters.

 

Wheein reads everything with attentive eyes, she smiles at all the little jokes left between the lines. Yonghee tells her about her next project in America, she has been called there and she has almost finished preparing herself. She needed time to reunite information on the curse, who put it on, why and how to fix it. Her words also tells the girl about her thoughts on Wheein’s last letter where she expressed her frustration concerning some of her relationships.

 

Wheein finds in Yonghee a lot of comfort, sometime it to be an only child. Maybe this is why most of her friendships are with students older than her. Remy, Byulyi, Yongsun.

 

Thinking of Yongsun, Wheein knows the girl would feel really jealous to see how often Yonghee and her have been writing to each other. It makes Wheein chuckles, she puts away Yonghee’s letter in her box full of other letters. She doesn’t feel like going back to the Great Hall, so she opens the window and looks around. It is spring in less than a week, the weather is wonderful.

 

Wheein holds her hand out, a few seconds later, her broom comes to her. She bestrides it and flies away, making sure no teacher would catch her at this hour; she is careful not to fly near the Headmaster’s tower.

 

 


Author's notes:

Hello, hehe. I am sorry to post this late. It was a busy week and I did not see the time pass, already we were Friday and nothing was ready! God. I will be more careful.

Anyway, focusing on the positive! Which is, Hyejin and Yongsun are together! To be honest, it was either they get closer or I make them break up. In the end it happens they are closer than before. It makes sense? Hyejin was thinking too much about how things should be instead of enjoying her relationship with Yongsun, but she managed to let go!

Also, I don't know if you noticed but Byulyi is getting better! Isn't she such a cool person? I think she is, I thought of the real Byulyi when I wrote her. I want her to bring comfort to others and her heart to be nice. So... I hope I did well?

Hum... We are not seeing Wheein often, I am very sorry, I will work on that. But I guess, right now, she is doing her little road on her own. A tiny Ravenclaw who lives for the books. That is what she is this chapter.

Lastly, there is Yongsun who... You see, she is quite the character. She is very passionate in her feelings and she did bad things in the past. I think she is learning too. Like everyone else, you know. Everyone is growing up a little, at Mrs. Vera's expanse I guess... Poor woman.

On this note, I got many cool feedbacks for the last chapter, so thank you very much! That's so cool and nice! Thank you, thank you again! I am happy to see you are enjoying the story and so yeah it is so cool! Hehe, thank you again! (I will post on time next time, sorry again.) I hope you all have a nice week and stay safe!