Chapter 17 or there is a REALLY thin line between being the good guy and becoming the bad guy.

The Hardship of Desire

 

« That’s the least interesting book I have ever read. »

 

Byulyi pushes the book away from her and lets her head rest on the table, a big sigh can be heard which is immediately met with a grunt from the librarian. Byulyi raises her hand as a sorry gesture but keeps her head on the wooden table.

 

While Wheein is good at writing papers and the overall theoretical part of the magic, Byulyi shines more in the practical aspect of it. And as always, it is a true pain for her to write most of her papers; the fact that being a sixth year means even more homework doesn’t make it easier.

 

A warm hand runs in her blonde hair, giving her a more than-needed scalp massage. If she wasn’t in the library, Byulyi believes she would have let out a moan of pleasure at the delicious action.

 

« Come on, I’ll help you if you stop complaining. »

 

Byulyi immediately freezes when she recognizes the euphonic and comforting voice of Yongsun. The girl immediately raises her head, meeting with the double dimple smile of the Gryffindor. She takes place next to Byulyi and brings the book between them to examine what it is about.

 

« What are you doing here? »

 

« I was walking a friend. I saw you and was coming to say hello. But it seems like you rather need help. »

 

« Since when are you good at writing papers? »

 

Yongsun gives her a hard look in response, she focuses back on the book and after a few minutes turn back toward Byulyi to face her.

 

The subject is the dissolving of the Wizard’s Council and the consequences of such political action and its influence on the current Ministry of Magic. While Yongsun isn’t much of a brilliant student like her sister, she is sometimes impress by her deep knowledge of some subject.

 

Her parents work at the Ministry of Magic and play an important part in the relationship at the base of the politics between the United Kingdom and Korea when it comes to magic. This particular detail explains how Yongsun understands on a larger scale how politics and the institutions in the United Kingdom at the Ministry of Magic work.

 

« I already handed back my paper, but I still have my notes. I will share them with you… on one condition. »

 

Byulyi nods, she hates History of Magic and is ready to do anything Yongsun will ask of her. She would be ready to do anything Yongsun ask of her even without the History of Magic notes at the end.

 

« Hehe. Come with me. »

 

Yongsun grabs the book Byulyi was using and drops it in one of the carts for it to be put back in place later on. The two exits the library, Byulyi following closely behind, she can’t help but feel goosebumps going down her back every time she gets a smell of Yongsun’s perfume.

 

« Wait… »

 

Yongsun has stopped suddenly and Byulyi almost bumps into her, the girl is holding her wand in front of her and it is shining a mix of blue and silver at the end. Yongsun gives an anxious look at Byulyi before taking her hand and running down the corridors.

 

« What? Yongsun what is going on? »

 

« Wheein needs help.»

 

Yongsun doesn’t take the time to reach the stairs, she simply jumps above the rails from the third floor, using a quick spell to ease her landing on the floor, Byulyi doesn’t have a choice but to follow Yongsun’s lead.

 

The Gryffindor runs with Byulyi’s hand still in hers, she goes straight to the Quidditch changing rooms and orders Byulyi to take her broom and to better have her wand with her. Since Hogwarts grounds are protected with a spell anti-Apparition, which makes brooms the fastest way to go around right now.

 

« Follow me. »

 

Yongsun takes off, and Byulyi has never seen her fly this fast, she has to focus to maintain Yongsun’s speed. The sun is already low on the horizon and it worries Byulyi, even more, when she sees they are flying in direction of the Forbidden Forest.

 

« Prepare for the worst. »

 

Yongsun’s voice is hard, her eyes focus on something Byulyi can’t see, she suddenly dives toward the forest, and Byulyi follows. Once they get past the treetop, Yongsun jumps from her broom despite being a good two meters from the ground and immediately runs toward a beast Byulyi has yet to identify.

 

Yongsun throws a spell in the direction of what Byulyi recognizes to be a hippogriff, it is with the light of Yongsun’s spell that she realizes the situation. Wheein and Hyejin are on the ground, and a huge hippogriff is rearing up, angry and ready to attack.

 

Byulyi’s wand appears in her hand, and soon Yongsun and her are fighting back the enraged beast, with its claws of an eagle and its body of a horse, the beast is powerful and it seems like most spells barely make him flinch. Byulyi sees how Yongsun’s magic turned red instead of its original blue, the girl is fighting with all her strength.

 

Soon enough, Byulyi feels something is wrong with Yongsun, instead of growing tired from the endless spell casting, the girl is growing stronger, her rage is fueling her magic which is turning a bright red, her spells are stronger, more painful and the hippogriff in front of them is letting out cries of pain.

 

Since they are now sixth-year, they have learned to throw spells without talking, only with the movement of their wand and it makes it harder for Byulyi to decipher what Yongsun is doing, all she knows is that the beast in front of them has now put down a knee on the ground and barely fights back.

 

« Yongsun, that’s enough! »

 

The girl doesn’t stop and if she continues, she is going to kill the hippogriff. Byulyi belts Yongsun and pulls her away, she tries to take her wand away but the girl fights like an animal. She manages to get out of Byulyi’s hold and walks back toward the hippogriff, wand still in hand, a fire in her eyes.

 

« Yongsun! Yongsun! Yongsun don’t do that! »

 

Byulyi gets back up but it seems like nothing is stopping the girl, ultimately, she resorts to Yongsun’s native language. She screams it like an order, and it makes Yongsun stops immediately. She puts down her wand, but she stays face to face with the hippogriff, her burning gaze meeting with the steel one of the hippogriff.

 

It seems to recognize that Yongsun is stronger than it is, out of nowhere they bow their head to each other at the same time. Byulyi almost chocks on her saliva, the wild hippogriff didn’t just recognize Yongsun as its master. Yongsun then raises her hand and caresses the animal.

 

Yongsun nods, she bows to the now tamed animal, and she then turns toward Byulyi.

 

« Are you okay? »

 

« I am. Where are Wheein and Hyejin? »

 

Byulyi follows Yongsun, they find the two girls hiding behind a large tree. Wheein is holding her hand in front of her left eye, there is blood dripping down from her elbow to the ground; Hyejin isn’t in a better state, her legs are mauled and her right foot is all swollen.

 

« Are you two okay? Wheein what happened to your eye? God, there is so much blood. »

 

« I am fine. A little scratch. Hyejin is the one who needs attention. »

 

Yongsun immediately turns to Hyejin, with the help of her wand she inspects Hyejin’s legs and feet. Byulyi tries to see how serious Wheein’s injury but the girl refuses to let her see, insisting Hyejin is the one who is the most in pain.

 

« We need to get you two to the infirmary. »

 

Byulyi commands, she gets the two brooms Yongsun and her came with but judging the state of her friends, she knows they won’t be able to fly. There isn’t many options knowing how deep they are in the forest. Yongsun suddenly stands up and throws a spell at the two girls.

 

« What did you do? »

 

«We need to get them to the infirmary the soonest possible. It is too risky to have them travel behind us on our broom. We gonna fly on the hippogriff. Since they just got attacked by it, I believe they wouldn’t have been too keen to fly on it right now. I knocked them off so we can fly easily. Get Wheein, I will carry Hyejin.»

 

Yongsun puts one arm under Hyejin’s legs and another on her back before lifting her off the ground and starting to walk toward the hippogriff. Byulyi imitates her, Wheein isn’t heavy but she struggles a little because of the exhaustion of the fight; Yongsun on the contrary easily carries Hyejin.

 

Once they are face to face with the animal, Yongsun bows again, imitated by Byulyi. The latter doesn’t have any idea how, but Yongsun makes herself understood by the beast which accepts them on its back before flying toward the castle.

 


 

« Mrs. Vera! Mrs. Vera, it is urgent! »

 

Yongsun makes herself hear across the corridors, most students look at her when she passes them; with the mud on her face, her uniform completely ruined and the blood on her cheek, she is terrifying.

 

Mrs. Vera, who thought she would be able to enjoy a breath before dinner, opens her eyes big when she sees Yongsun running toward her in such a state. The girl delivers an avalanche of words before grabbing her wrist and pulling her with her. It is only when she arrives at the infirmary that she realizes the situation.

 

Hyejin is laying on one of the white bed, she is still knocked out but her wounds have been attended to by the nurse, and her swollen feet is now resting in the air for them to heal properly. In the bed next to her is Wheein also knocked out but in the worst state. Although the nurse managed to attend to most of her injuries on her arms and legs, the one on her face is a terrible problem.

 

« What happened to Miss Jung? »

 

« She got attacked by a hippogriff, one of its claws scratched her face. »

 

Mrs. Vera controls the urge to let out a gasp, instead, she walks closer to Wheein to inspect her face. From the middle of her forehead to her left cheek, there is a vivid red line that still bleeds a little,

staining the white sheets.

 

« I have tried everything but the wound refuses any treatment, I could only clean it. »

 

Mrs. Vera nods and thanks to the nurse. She gives a quick look at the two students with her, Byulyi who is sitting between the two beds, she is holding Hyejin’s hand in hers while giving a worried glance in Wheein’s direction from time to time. Yongsun is anxiously standing next to Mrs. Vera like she has something else to say.

 

« There is something you must see. »

 

Yongsun gently puts her fingers on Wheein’s eyelid and opens it. This time, Mrs. Vera can’t control her surprise and lets out a gasp, she immediately puts a hand over .

 

« I think this is why none of the nurse’s spells worked. »

 

Mrs. Vera nods, her grey eyes still focus on Wheein’s injured face. It is only when Yongsun clears right next to her that she finally looks back at her student.

 

« Is there anything else I should know about? »

 

« I tamed the hippogriff. It is on the Quidditch pitch. »

 

Mrs. Vera has to take a seat this time, her grey pupils look at Yongsun intensely, hoping the girl will break into a smile and tell her it is a joke; but she remembers it is not Yongsun’s style to joke around and so, unfortunately, this is all too true.

 

« I will call for Pearley while checking on the hippogriff. You stay here Miss Moon. »

 

Mrs. Vera nods for Yongsun to show her the way but before leaving the infirmary behind her, she turns back to Byulyi. The girl is now holding both of Wheein’s and Hyejin’s hands in hers. It does something to her to see her students in such a state.

 


 

It is indeed on the Quidditch pitch that they find the hippogriff. Wounded by its fight against Byulyi and Yongsun, the beast is laying on the grass, it's head down but it raises it as soon as it sees Mrs. Vera and Yongsun approaching. Yongsun bows and Mrs. Vera does the same, waiting for the hippogriff to bow in return so they can approach it.

 

« It is in a pitiful state. »

 

« I know. I will take care of it. »

 

Mrs. Vera observes how Yongsun gently touches the animal, she has a lot of questions to ask the girl. It is uncommon to find a hippogriff in the wild, plus this one is huge, no wonder the injury on Wheein’s face is so big.

 

« How did you tame it? It takes professionals to do such a thing. Wild hippogriffs are some of the most dangerous creatures you can find. »

 

« I don’t know. »

 

Yongsun gives her Head of House a sorry smile, she doesn’t have a single clue how it happened. All she remembers is the intense anger she felt, when she arrived on the scene and saw Wheein and Hyejin on the ground, defenseless, she completely lost it. Two people she loves and cherishes deeply, she didn’t even think, she cast her spell.

 

Then it is like a weird memory, she sees herself from outside, aiming her magic again and again at the animal. All she saw was a threat to the people she loves and she only acted on pure emotions, panic, fear, anger, and love.

 

When Byulyi screamed at her in her native language, suddenly everything disappeared, like she gained control of her body once again. The beast in front of her wasn’t a threat anymore, it was just afraid and that was why it attacked Hyejin and Wheein. Acknowledging the hippogriff’s behavior sparked a connection between them.

 

Yongsun doesn’t know what is the length of this connection, she just knows she can feel the animal in her mind when she is nearby, and that is how she “tamed” it.

 

« Mrs. Vera. I was scared out there. »

 

The warm hand on Yongsun’s shoulder is enough, she doesn’t cry, only drops her shoulder from the pressure of the event fading away. It is only now she realizes she should go to the infirmary too, her body hurts everywhere.

 

« I am glad all of you are okay. »

 


 

The following days are spent in the infirmary for the four of them, Yongsun and Byulyi had hidden bruises and needed a lot of rest as well. Hyejin is getting better, she will be able to walk soon enough. Wheein is okay, but her face still suffers the painful scratch and she now wears a patch over her left eye to let it rest.

 

It is one week after the event that the four girls are summoned to Pearley’s office. The office is situated down the Gargoyle corridor on the third floor, at the top of the Headmaster’s tower, it takes a password and a lot of stairs to get there. Hyejin complained her feet hurt from all this effort and Yongsun offered her help before Wheein or Byulyi even could.

 

Pearley was waiting for them. Pearley is a tall woman in her early forty who used to work at the Ministry of Magic before deciding to take on the role of Hogwarts’ Headmaster, she is a talented wizard and was even an excellent Quidditch player in her Hogwarts years as a student. Now, as she occupies the highest position at Hogwarts, she tries to cast a positive light on each of her students for them to learn in the best possible conditions.

 

While it is quite rare for students to be summoned to her office, it was never auspicious to be there. Yongsun, Byulyi, Wheein, and Hyejin dreaded the confrontation ever since Mrs. Vera and Mr. Poe told them about it following up on the events in the Forbidden Forest.

 

« It is a pleasure to see each of you is doing well. »

 

Pearley’s green eyes tend to pull on the brown when the weather is dark, but it makes her stare warmer and the four are grateful to not meet with the cold green pupils. The Headmaster smiles at them, her hair is kept in a tight bread and it makes her look strict despite her effort to welcome her students warmly.

 

« During your convalescence, we looked into the reasons for this unfortunate incident. This hippogriff was chased down by a group of wizards who illegally capture the beast to sell them on the black market. That explains the desperate state the animal was in when Miss Jung and Miss Ahn found it. »

 

Pearley nods in direction of the two.

 

« The Forbidden Forest has its reputation and since it was already dawn, it would explain why they didn’t pursue the animal further. Now, about you Miss Kim and Miss Moon. I must address your courage and bravery in the situation. For this, I will give each of you fifty points. Although I am curious to hear how you knew Miss Jung and Miss Ahn were in danger. »

 

It isn’t formulated as a question, but it is one nonetheless. Yongsun looks in direction of Wheein, but the girl is too busy looking at her feet already. Yongsun gently puts her hand on her tight to calm her down before answering.

 

« Wheein and I have a code. If one of us is in danger or needs immediate help, we send a signal to the other through our wand. It is like a thread joining our two wands, I just had to follow it to get to Wheein. »

 

Pearley’s eyes shine, excitement from such new information. She has heard of Wheein before, she knows the girl isn’t just a simple wizard, she understands magic and seems to be able to use it as a tool to serve her when truly needed; which most wizards lack this day. They only use magic to serve their desire than a real need. Magic is losing its meaning.

 

« I recognize your intelligent use of magic. Ravenclaw deserves fifty points for your cleverness. I will add another fifty points to Slytherin for your courage Miss Ahn. You tried to stop your friend, but when she refused you didn’t hesitate to follow her into a dangerous situation. »

 

An almost silent thank you slipped out of Wheein’s and Hyejin’s mouths.

 

« Now, there is another thing I have to address. »

 

Pearley is done complimenting them. The four students sit deeper in the chair, not ready to face the other side of Pearley.

 

« You shouldn’t have wondered in the Forbidden Forest alone. Seeing the event, I don’t believe in punishing any of you, but fifty points will be removed for each of you. »

 

Yongsun grits her teeth at the way Pearley play with them, it doesn’t go unnoticed by the Headmaster. She has heard of Yongsun from Mrs. Vera but also her different teachers, the girl is as described, a real fire burning in her eyes.

 

Byulyi sitting at the other side doesn’t say anything, it surprises Pearley because she would have sworn the Slytherin would have found her decision unfair, but the girl is frozen on her sit, she doesn’t even try to make eye contact with her. Hyejin on her right is focusing on the floor before her, her left leg bouncing up and down until Byulyi puts her hand on her knee for her to stop.

 

Now, in the main show, Wheein, sitting between Hyejin and Yongsun, has finally decided to look Pearley right in the eye. Her left eye is still hidden behind the black patch but her unique brown eyes are so very full of unspoken words.

 

« I don’t think it will be this easy to hide the incident when I have been injured this visibly. »

 

« This is not what I am doing. »

 

Pearley’s eyes shine again, she has to keep a smile from appearing on her lips when she finally gets a glimpse of the dynamic she wanted to see.

 

« The infirmary has been forbidden for anyone to visit ever since Wheein, Hyejin, Byulyi, and myself have been forced to stay in bed to rest. I requested to see Mrs. Vera many times but I always got for an answer that she was too busy. »

 

Byulyi continues, and Pearley can’t help the corner of her lips from rising.

 

« The hippogriff has been hidden near the Forbidden Forest border, we all know this isn’t the usual procedure with the beast when they attack humans especially when the injuries are this concerning. »

 

Pearley looks at Hyejin, but this is Wheein again who speaks up. She makes a mental note for later, before focusing on the student talking to her.

 

« You wish to avoid a scandal among the school, but I believe it is more likely there is something at stake for you in the long run if another case adds up to the pile. After all, you have only been at the head of the school for a few years and most teachers have been here longer than you have. »

 

« You rarely show yourself around the castle, you mostly let the Head of House run the school, and yet you have a perfect reputation among everyone. I think the reason you took this position at Hogwarts isn’t as benevolent as you want everyone to believe. »

 

Pearley sits back on her big chair, she addresses a smiles at each of the four girls before joining her hands together.

 

« This is what I wanted to see. »

 

Yongsun lets out an audible confused sound while Wheein frowns, she is so tense on her chair she barely feels Hyejin’s fingers trying to find their way in her left hand until the girl gently pinches her skin.

 

« Two hundred points for each of you. Now, before you throw me out to the Ministry of Magic for nothing, let me explain.

 

Before working at the Ministry of Magic, I was a student just like you four at Hogwarts. I practiced Quidditch, won the Cup, witnessed the Goblet of Fire tradition, and eventually graduated, finishing my schooling at Hogwarts. Like every young person, I traveled the world at first, too curious about the outside, the Muggle world but also the other wizards in the world.

 

I eventually went back to England and started to work as the Ministry of Magic, wishing to do my part in the wizarding world. I started as a secretary and eventually worked my way up to become responsible of the educational department. I took care of Hogwarts curriculum, the qualifications of their teachers, but also the future of each student.

 

I don’t know why, the Minister asked me for a report on what were old Hogwarts student doing after their schooling. While for some it was easy to find out what they had become, I had to go on the field to find others. This is the interesting part, I found out Hogwarts was slowly but surely dying. Most student had a hard time finding a job afterwards, and even a handful of them chose to complete their education in another wizarding school. »

 

Pearley gives a look to each of her students, her green eyes curiously take notes of every change in the students faces, observing the emotions painted. Out of the four, one is the hardest to find out, Hyejin. She hasn’t talked a single time ever since she entered her office, yet Pearley knows the girl has potential for her project. She just needs to find a way to make her tick.

 

« As you already know, soon after this discovery, I applied to take my current position. The Minister was more than happy to support my project after reading my report. This is why you don’t really see me around the castle, I am more of an office person, and when I need to collect information I need to be discrete; but don’t you worry, I know everything there is to know in my school.

 

Like you mentioned Miss Jung and Miss Kim, I do let the Head of House run most of the castle when it comes to the student education and behavior, as they are more experienced than I am. I believe Mrs. Vera, Mr. Poe, Mr. Reass and Mrs. Juny to be doing their job perfectly. Unless you have any complain? »

 

Byulyi and Hyejin shake their head but Wheein and Yongsun refuse to respond. Pearley smiles again, she really likes the two.

 

« Now. I only refused the access to the infirmary because I believed you four needed to rest. I know how teenagers are, and how noisy they can be. You found yourself in a dangerous situation, I wanted you to be able to digest it comfortably before having to share it with the whole school.

 

As for Mrs. Vera, I am sorry Miss Kim but she was really busy searching for the reasons this hippogriff was found on Hogwarts ground. You can all thank her later for finding the trace of the group of wizard illegally chasing an hippogriff.

 

Speaking of the hippogriff, we indeed kept it hidden from the other students. While it seems to be tamed in Miss Kim’s presence, this beast is still wild and dangerous. We can’t keep it with our herd in those conditions. Miss Kim, since you seem to have established a link with the animal, you will help Mr. John take a decision about this hippogriff.

 

If it can’t be tamed, we will have to kill it. »

 

Pearley stands proudly behind her desk, she has everything she wanted and more from the four girls. As they leave her office, she notices how Byulyi and Yongsun exchange a long stare and the way Byulyi puts a comforting hand on Hyejin’s and Wheein’s shoulder.

 


 

The Forbidden Forest incident becomes even more talked about when student see the state it left Wheein in. With her injured eye and her patch, she is the center of everyone’s conversation; rumors grow bigger, soon Yongsun and Byulyi joined their magic to become one through their fight to kill the army of hippogriffs who died in an explosion. Sometime the version differs and Yongsun single-handily tamed one of the hippogriffs before killing the others and riding it back to Hogwarts with Wheein, Hyejin and Byulyi. The version depends on who you asked what happened.

 

Gryffindors puts Yongsun on a pedestal, Slytherins praise Byulyi and Hyejin’s team work to fight off the hippogriff and Ravenclaws assure Wheein did it all herself like proved by her visible wound.

 

« If I have one more person asking me if it is true I fainted when I saw the hippogriff, I let Layon strangle them. »

 

Byulyi seated next to Hyejin can’t help but laugh at her friend distress. Wheein nods, agreeing with her friend, she too can’t handle the amount of people asking her question about the event or even asking to see what is going on under her patch. Both Wheein and Hyejin have a rather discrete nature and while Wheein is more used to receiving attention, she doesn’t enjoy very much this kind of attention.

 

« Me, I enjoy the attention. »

 

« It is not the attention you enjoy but whose attention you are getting. »

 

Hyejin and Wheein exchange a knowing look. Their friend has been getting the attention of one pretty girl in particular, and while she begrudges admitting it; her two friends never fail to mention it. Byulyi may still have some feelings for one Gryffindor, it doesn’t prevent her from enjoying being the center of attention of someone else.

 

« What are you three talking about? »

 

Wheein bites her tongue when Byulyi pinches her thigh, threatening her in case she would have the idea to let out the subject of their conversation to Yongsun who just arrived. The small girl instead breaks into a giggle, soon followed by Hyejin.

 

« Wheein was telling us all about her new pirate look. I mean, like this she could totally become one full time. »

 

« Really funny, unnie. »

 

« Is it getting any better? I can see the scratch is only a scar now, but I worry about the state of your eye. »

 

A serious silence fall on the group, all eyes are on Wheein. The state of her injury is a real worry. The day they got the permission to leave the infirmary, Wheein wanted to get ride of the patch but she realized she couldn’t see anything with her left eye. The nurse prescribed her more rest day, but Wheein can’t help trying to check if her vision came back every single day. For now, she can only see vague form and faded colors. The nurse said it is encouraging.

 

« I see more colors every day. »

 

« What about… »

 

« It still hasn’t changed color. »

 

They all nod. Yongsun quickly changes the topic of discussion, she explains how Mr. John and her managed to tame the hippogriff together. Wheein notices how the topic seems to passionate Yongsun, she invited Yongsun to sit on her lap, her head resting against Yongsun’s back as the girl keeps talking. Like this with her arm around Yongsun, Wheein feels like she can take a little breath, hidden behind her unnie.

 

« I think we should all go see Bap. I know it was really scary in the forest, but seeing him now that he is tamed, could be a good idea. »

 

« Bap? You named the hippogriff Bap? »

 

« I think it is cute. »

 

Hyejin maintains a shy but sincere eye contact with Yongsun who sweetly smiles at her. The relationship between them is still fragile, out of when the four of them meet, they otherwise never address each other. Hyejin likes to believe Yongsun still has some feelings for her, it can be seen in the way she always takes care of her in the simplest way but she also knows Yongsun enough to not wait on any declaration of her concerning her feelings. Yongsun is proud, but so is Hyejin.

 

« You named your snake Layon but we all know it is just a distorted pronunciation of lion. I don’t think you can you pronounce yourself on the matter. »

 

« Hey! Rude! »

 

Hyejin hits Byulyi’s shoulder with her fist, the girl responds by tickling Hyejin who tries to escape Byulyi by using Yongsun as a shield, in the process she shakes Wheein up. The girl suddenly finds herself the victim of Byulyi’s tickles and ends up screaming, crying, laughing, rolling around in the grass. Yongsun decides to take Wheein and Hyejin’s side by attacking Byulyi but the latter doesn’t mind tickles.

 

Hyejin throws herself at Byulyi, she knows what her friend hates the most. She orders Yongsun to belt Byulyi firmly and gets Wheein to help her get ride of Byulyi’s shoes. The blonde immediately tries to escape from Yongsun but the Gryffindor keeps her firmly held between her muscular arms. Byulyi even stops fighting when Yongsun’s mouth gets closer to her face.

 

« We got you Moon Byulyi. »

 

As often with Yongsun, Byulyi only gets false hopes and betrayal, she starts to laugh, half screaming half begging for her three friends to stop when Wheein and Hyejin starts to tickle under her feet. When she manages to escape, tears, grass and mud decorate her face. Wheein says she will help her, but she only throws a water jet from her wand in her face before dropping in a laugh, joined by Hyejin and Yongsun.

 

« For all the times you played this trick on me! »

 

Byulyi, feet in the grass, wet face completely ruined by mud and grass doesn’t look like her usual proud and attractive Slytherin self. But it feels good to laugh again, to enjoy the sun outside, to feel light of any worries with her friends, and really she can’t even be mad for a second if she tried.

 

 

 


Author's Note :

HELLO! I AM A BIT EXCITED ABOUT THIS CHAPTER AND IN GENERAL SO! BEAR WITH ME!


I think this chapter serves two purposes, 1: it opens the door toward the end of the year. what have happened between each character and the relationship they created. 2: it brings a new character to the light who is going to be really interesting in the following events. 3: it rearranges the dynamic and the needs of each of our four students!

 

Hum... I can't say more about what will happen next because... it would be spoiling my OWN STORY! But I am excited excited! We will see more OT4 that's for sure, it doesn't mean each ship won't have its share of scene/moment together!

 

For the one persone who told me they liked Tara Duncan as well when they were younger, I hope you have seen who Pearley was inspired from ;)

 

MOST IMPORTANTLY, THANK YOU THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING, COMMENTING, BOOKMARKING, UPVOTING THE STORY! After being gone for almost a month, I did not think many people would still show interest but I was wrong! HEHE! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

 

And I will now stop talking!