Chapter 12 or DOoOM

The Hardship of Desire

 

« Unnie? »

 

Yongsun turns around, her smile reaching her eyes as soon as she sees Wheein walking in her direction. She still has wet hair from her morning shower, her uniform perfectly put on except for her tie badly tied on, eyes fighting the last sensations of sleep; Yongsun finds her adorable. The girl gently reaches for the tie, Wheein lets her do so, small eyes still fighting the sleepy feeling.

 

« What are you doing here? It is not even seven. »

 

« I needed some air. »

 

Yongsun is in her Quidditch uniform, her hair are sweaty from the practice she just put herself through, her heart beat hasn’t totally dropped back to normal yet but she doesn’t look exhausted. Wheein stands next to her; the two looking at the empty pitch. It is the last day of February and the sun is not rising before another hour but the night has already started to fade away.

 

« Are you nervous about the match? »

 

« Not really. »

 

« Hum… What is it then? »

 

« Nothing, I just wanted a breath. »

 

Wheein nods, not convinced at all, she knows there is something in the older girl mind. Yongsun takes her hand in hers and squeezes it a few times. Wheein knows she is searching for comfort, she lets her do, well aware of how the girl works.

 

« What are you doing here, Wheeinie? »

 

« Ah… I couldn’t go back to sleep so I decided to start the day. For last match with Slytherin, I had a strict schedule; and I guess my body is now wired to wake up early. »

 

Yongsun nods, a bit amused. She keeps Wheein’s hand in both her hands, caressing the warm skin while looking at the pitch. The Gryffindor bites her lips, deep in thoughts.

 

« Hyejinnie and I… I feel like something is keeping her from giving us a chance. I don’t understand, because I did everything I thought I should do. I mean… I asked her out, I told her I liked her and… Maybe she felt forced to be say yes. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe she told you something? »

 

Wheein keeps her eyes on the pitch, she slowly realizes despite how smart she believes she is, she seems to fail to notice obvious things. She has to admit, she doesn’t pay much attention to Hyejin and Yongsun’s relationship; while it bothered her Yongsun failed to mention it when it happened, she never really paid any attention to the changes around her two friends.

 

Hyejin barely talks about it when they take their usual walk around the Great Lake, and Yongsun has been too busy to spend time with Wheein this past days. Wheein realizes she knows almost nothing about their relationship; she won’t be really helpful to Yongsun.

 

« Hyejin rarely mentions you…. »

 

« Oh… I see. To be honest, many of my friends thought it was weird that I suddenly started to date someone. But… Until here, all the girls, all the boys I had a thing with… I don’t know, nothing about them made me want to pursue more. But Hyejin… »

 

Wheein looks to Yongsun, the girl’s eyes are full of something the younger girl can’t describe, her face illuminated by the thought of her memories and feelings. She holds Wheein’s hand tighter in her grip. Her heart beats a half a beat faster, Wheein has never seen such emotions on Yongsun’s face.

 

« Hyejin, I had seen her around the school. Always at Byulyi’s side, hidden behind her, and then when I truly saw her this day in the Potion’s room. God, she was amazing. »

 

Wheein doesn’t register everything Yongsun says, but she knows she will never forget the pure look of tenderness on Yongsun’s face, her eyes so honest about her feelings. Wheein remembers how she found it weird for someone to be so open about their feelings and thoughts under any circumstances. But as her friendship with Yongsun evolved through the years, she felt so grateful to have such person in her life. Compliments and words of support from Yongsun hit even deeper.

 

« Unnie… I find it amazing you find it so easy to acknowledge your feelings. I think, Hyejin may not share this capacity. And, maybe she needs more space and more time. »

 

« I see. »

 

Wheein tries to keep her laugh under control. Yongsun’s quality to track her mistakes and do better is often parasitized by her complete trust in people close to her. Wheein thinks it is cute she believes everyone is as honest as she is and everyone only ever wants the best for her, but it surely will play her tricks one of this days.

 

« Unnie, I told you already, don’t take everything as I say. You should take the time to talk it out with Hyejin first. Maybe she isn’t ready to be in a relationship, maybe something is bothering her and this is why she can’t be involved entirely. There could be many reasons. Don’t just give her space without explaining. You two need to communicate! »

 

« Ah. »

 

« You remember how I was upset you didn’t tell me about Hyejin and you. Well, this is the same thing, she can’t guess everything that is going in your life and in your head. »

 

Yongsun nods, Wheein pokes the subtle crease between her eyebrows. The Gryffindor is adorable when she focuses so hard, there are still many childish trait in her behavior. Yongsun lets go of Wheein’s hand, preferring to hug the girl instead. Wheein knows it is one of the ways Yongsun communicates her feelings too.

 

« Ah…cute. Wanna see the sun rise? »

 

« Yes, but it is cold outside and you have wet hair. »

 

« There is a nice spot in the Ravenclaw common room. »

 


 

« Hello, you. »

 

Byulyi raises her hand, gently petting the unicorn nose which has been poking her shoulder asking for attention from the girl. She laughs as the beast and pushes her hand further on her coat, the unicorn tries to get the wizard to give her more of the nice attention. Byulyi lets her hand down, the unicorn lets out a growl, it lays down, head on Byulyi’s lap in the hope for more caresses.

 

Byulyi gives in; she has been resting against the trunk of a tree at the edge of a glade in the middle of the Forbidden Forest, clearly not minding the many dangerous beast, spirits and beings living in the woods. She remembers years ago, having the sensation something was watching her from there; she had begged Wheein to come with her and look for it, but they didn’t find a thing and Wheein refused to go back a second time. Byulyi went back alone, and found out the unicorn was the creature watching her.

 

The Slytherin linked with the beast through her visits and had even created enough of a trust between them for the animal to sleep peacefully on her lap. The girl lets her fingers slide on the soft white fur, enjoying the warmth coming from the animal. Unicorns are known for being fleet on their hoof and impossible to catch, yet Byulyi is enjoying the warm sun of the beginning of March with one sleeping on her lap.

 

Byulyi has been spending an awful amount of time in the Forbidden Forest, every time, the unicorn would come and find her. The two would spend hours there, enjoying the peace of nature together. The girl has realized it is one of the few spots in Hogwarts where she could be alone and at peace. Although she loves her schooling there, it could become intense and with the recent events, she has been asked more than she could handle.

 

The sixteen years old girls has been put through tough situations the last few weeks, from facing the reality of Yongsun being interested in someone else, Hyejin being this someone else, the intense Quidditch match and finally Yongsun pursuing a friendship with her; it is a lot. The Forbidden Forest right now, with the peaceful unicorn on her lap, is so calming for her mind and heart.

 

Byulyi realizes she hasn’t went to Hogsmeade with Wheein to celebrate their Quidditch match yet and the Hufflepuff VS Gryffindor match is already this weekend. The unicorn moves its head, its nose poking against Byulyi’s belly, she keeps on petting the creature.

 

Yongsun is a terrible problem in Byulyi’s heart, at this age, everything hurts a hundred times more. She feels like losing a part of herself; for years she has fancied the girl, admiring her and wishing for more in secret. She remembers, being fourteen, first year as a Quidditch captain, she had lead her team as far as she had could, they were first place until the Gryffindor VS Ravenclaw match happened.

 

This time, Gryffindor lead with their Keeper who had barely let any Quaffle through their hoops, and their Seeker who even beat Wheein in the most impressive way, managing to take the lead on the Golden Snitch by pushing the small girl away with a shoulder bump, the poor girl barely had any chance against him, only fourteen and so small. But Byulyi only had eyes for the Keeper, long black hair and determined gaze, she was screaming her orders to her team which was executing them perfectly.

 

Yongsun may have been one of the youngest in the team, she knew exactly how to create the perfect tactics to take the advantage on Ravenclaw. When the finale score was announced and Gryffindor became the winner of the Hogwarts Inter-Houses Quidditch Cup, Byulyi wasn’t even sad, she only had eyes for one Kim Yongsun celebrating with her team on the pitch. The Gryffindor had taken off her helmet, her two hands above her head, cheering with the crowd and her team.

 

Byulyi doesn’t remember any house celebrating their win so hard, but Gryffindor had been losing the Cup for years and the team’s performances was a new rise for the house. She remembers Yongsun shaking her hand the same night, thanking her for being such a great captain and inspiring her and her team; she did the same to all the Quidditch players, thanking them for being great opponents and motivating them to do better each game.

 

Byulyi thought she was so unusual, she already knew so as she was sharing one class with Gryffindor. Somehow, up to her fourth year, she realizes she rarely ever shared classes with them, more often than not Hufflepuff was sharing Slytherin class.

 

After this night, where Gryffindor won the Cup, Byulyi remembers the whole school becoming hyper aware of Yongsun and the house of Gryffindor even finding back its status as the Golden House. Yongsun’s name was in everyone’s mouth until the end of the year. Byulyi thought of the girl during the whole summer; at the beginning of the school year, she decided to confess her feelings or at least make Yongsun understand she was interested in her.

 

Unfortunately, soon after the beginning of the year, Byulyi heard the rumor about Yongsun not dating anyone. The Slytherin didn’t lose hope and decided to observe the Gryffindor from afar, just to judge her chances before trying anything. It did nothing but confirm the rumor.

 

Byulyi kept on watching the Gryffindor from afar, her crush and feelings only growing bigger from the yearning. The two houses shared more classes together this year, Byulyi didn’t know if it was more a blessing or a curse; to be able to see Yongsun almost everyday during her class but also to see her flirt and enjoy the company of different persons every time.

 

There was something about Yongsun which seemed to make people stuck to her like honey. She had definitely grew up since her first year, her behavior was more confident, her voice was louder, Byulyi’s noticed. She liked how proudly she stood for herself and others. Unlike Byulyi, she never was an exceptional student but she had her ways and always passed all of her classes.

 

Yongsun is the sweet mystery Byulyi has gotten used to love from far away. Until this year where everything got shaken up. Yongsun is suddenly much more closer from her than she ever was, her relationship with people changed and everyone around her became either closer or further than they were before. Byulyi never thought going sixteen would change so many things around her.

 

Yongsun who felt so close for a moment is suddenly too close and too far away at the same time. Her feelings for the Gryffindor are clearly one sided as the girl is offering her a friendship. Byulyi doesn’t know if she wants such thing from someone she has yearned for in a completely different way. The blonde girl breathes out longly, her eyes lost in the horizon in front of her.

 

The sun is at its peak in the sky, everything feels warm once touched by the early spring sun. Byulyi stays still for a moment. Her breathing is synchronized with the unicorn’s now. It is so calming she wants to pause the moment. She wishes her feelings were as easy to control as it is to fall asleep.

 

While there is no other answer to healing than time, Byulyi decides to grief silently for now. She believes she will get there eventually, being able to form a healthy friendship with Yongsun and support Hyejin’s relationship with the girl; but right now she can’t.

 


 

« What are you doing here, all alone? »

 

« Watching the Quidditch game like everyone else. »

 

« Jung Speed isn’t with you? »

 

« No. She is with Byulyi. »

 

« Aren’t they going to watch the game? »

 

« No. »

 

Hyejin sighs, a bit exasperate by all of Dana’s questions. The girl has been sitting peacefully, alone in one of the less crowded bleachers, her binoculars in hand and a Gryffindor scarf around her neck. It is rather cold for the beginning of March, so she is wearing a long black coat above her dress.

 

Byulyi and Wheein told her earlier in the day they wouldn’t be joining her for the game. When Byulyi explained she needed some time away from the school atmosphere and Wheein was coming to keep her company, Hyejin didn’t find the strength in her to be mad at neither of them. Wheein added they will be at the Three Broomsticks if Hyejin needs anything.

 

« So you don’t mind if I watch the game with you? »

 

« Don’t you have friends? »

 

Hyejin can come off as cold, even a bit rude with her fake attitude, but it is just the girl trying to find confidence for herself. Dana isn’t impress, she pushes Hyejin further on the bench and sits next to her. Soon, Remy, the Ravenclaw captain, Evan and Jules, the Ravenclaw Chasers, and James and Chris, the Ravenclaw Beaters, join them.

 

Hyejin’s peace is now broken by the whole Ravenclaw Quidditch team, minus Wheein.

 

« Wheein said you may feel alone. »

 

Hyejin nods at Remy’s words, she doesn’t need more explanation; she silently thanks her friend for the kind gesture.

 

Oddly enough, Hyejin doesn’t feel out of place among the team. They all make her feel comfortable and they keep her engaged in their conversation. Dana even teases her about her relationship with Yongsun, but she stops after receiving two warning blows behind her head from James.

 

« Look, your girlfriend- Ouch! I was just saying Gryffindor is entering the pitch! »

 

Dana holds the back of her head in pain after receiving another blow from James. Hyejin lets out a chuckle behind her scarf.

 


 

« Captain, we are waiting for you. »

 

« I am coming. Thank you, Rob. »

 

Yongsun sighs another time in front of the mirror of the restrooms, her brown eyes not leaving her reflection. She is trying to get a grasp on her emotions, to find control inside herself, not let everything explode. It has happened before, but it was a long time ago, when she was younger. Since, she has been working on herself, using Quidditch has a way to empty her brain and let the pressure down.

 

The problem is that right now, she can feel her mind isn’t in the fame, which has never happened before. It stresses her, it doesn’t make it better when she keeps telling herself that her team is counting on her. Her shoulders in pain from the responsibility of being the captain.

 

« Yongsun-ah. Get your out of here. »

 

The girl immediately straightens up, she opens the door, finding herself in front of Ian. The Gryffindor boy is a seventh year student, who entered the team the same year as Yongsun but as a Beater. He is tall, with a muscular and well developed chest for his age, his arms are twice the diameter of Yongsun’s thighs, Yongsun respects him even more than some of her teachers.

 

Just like her, he is the son of Korean immigrated parents. He just spoke to the girl in the said language which works wonderfully. Nothing like a scolding in the tongue your parents used to make you obey when you were a child.

 

Ian frowns when he notices the state Yongsun currently is. He roughly pulls on her uniform, adjusting it quickly to make Yongsun looks like something. The Gryffindor captain looks so small in front of him and maybe this is the only time she ever does.

 

Yongsun enters the Gryffindor changing rooms, closely followed by Ian. Her attitude is completely different from a minute ago in the restroom. The girl grounds herself, desperately holding into her captain responsibilities to stay focus. Only Ian’s trained eyes can see how unusually shaken she actually is.

 

« Everyone! Listen up! We trained hard. We did it so we do not have to focus on anything else but winning! »

 

Yongsun takes the time to look at each of her players right in the eyes. She gives each of them a word. Ian’s presence behind her pressures Yongsun into doing the right things.

 

The Gryffindor team does its usual cheer, before preparing themselves to enter the pitch. Yongsun brings up the rear, her mind still unable to entirely focus on the game ahead.

 

« You better take a ing grip. »

 

Ian makes it a point to put some brains in her head before the game. Right now, he is the only one who can.

 

« I am… I know. »

 

« This is important for them, if we lose because of you, I will take it personally… on you. »

 

« Yes. »

 


 

« Is there trouble in paradise? »

 

Dana gives back the binoculars to Hyejin for her to see, Yongsun just entered the pitch and after giving a brief smile to the crowd, she lowered her head down. A colossus, Hyejin is sure she has seen before, is by her side. The Slytherin frowns when she sees the boy giving a blow to Yongsun for her to raise her head.

 

« Something isn’t right. This isn’t like Yongsun. »

 

Remy notices as he is watching the Gryffindor captain through his binoculars. He knows the girl well enough to see the usually brave and determined Gryffindor is looking poorly. He grits his teeth when he sees how Hufflepuff captain seems to find confidence in Yongsun’s deplorable state. It is not a good sign.

 

Remy runs toward the front of the bleachers, almost falling from how much he leans on the railing.

 

« KIM YONGSUN YOU BETTER FIGHT AND BLOODY WIN! RAVENCLAW WON’T AFFRONT A LOSER TEAM! »

 

The Gryffindor opens her big eyes, her surprised gaze falling on Remy who is waving a flag at the color of Gryffindor above his head. The boy is soon followed by the entire team of Ravenclaw which screams loudly for only six individuals.

 

The teachers ask them to tone it done before the start of the match.

 

Remy’s eyes are still gazing in Yongsun’s. The hazel color of his pupils shining from his passion, Yongsun can feel his passion rushing through her own body. Finally, she raises her thumb in the air.

 

« That’s the spirit. »

 

Hyejin feels goosebumps riding her skin. The situation is unreal in her eyes, a Quidditch team publicly supporting another one is something almost impossible. Dana pulls Hyejin by the hand to the front of the bleachers near the railing. Hyejin is forced to follow and she finds herself between Dana and Remy.

 

The Ravenclaw boy gives her a thumb up too, his smile warm and Hyejin understands why Yongsun believes his words.

 

Hyejin’s eyes go back to Yongsun who is now ready in front of her three hoops. The Gryffindor is already screaming orders to her team, but Hyejin can’t hear a single thing, only she sees how each player quickly find their position in the air.

 

The Ravenclaw Quidditch team around Hyejin is cheering as loudly as Gryffindor’s bleachers. Remy is waving his flag, Dana, Evan and Jules all have a Gryffindor sweat under their coat, while James and Chris aborts a huge banner with Yongsun’s name and armories.

 

Remy quickly explains they all made the promise to support the girl the night of her birthday. Hyejin sniggers at the thought of a drunk Yongsun forcing this many people to promise her such silly things.

 


 

« Damn, I don’t know what Emma gave her team but they aren’t playing around. »

 

Hyejin doesn’t know more than the basics of Quidditch despite watching every single one of Byulyi’s game. Yet, Dana’s comment seems justified, she too believes the Hufflepuff team who faced Ravenclaw earlier in the year has nothing to do with the one currently on the pitch.

 

Emma, the captain and Chaser of Hufflepuff is flying around the pitch at high speed, the girl’s energy is leading the whole team. She is catching the Quaffle ever so easily under the nose of Gryffindor, Yongsun still manages to stop most of her throw.

 

While Emma is more of a brutal energy, Yongsun knows how to place herself to stop her throws effectively, she changes direction fast and effortlessly on her broom, while her eyes never leave the Quaffle.

 


 

As long as the Golden Snitch hasn’t been spotted, most of the effort lays on Yongsun’s shoulders. The Gryffindor captain has confidence in her players, even Edward who just entered the team this year but managed to evolve quickly through the training she gave him. Yongsun believes he is more than capable of catching the Golden Snitch before Hufflepuff Seeker.

 

« IAN! »

 

A Buldger just hit Yongsun right in her left leg, making her lose some attitude. The pain is worse than she expected but her face barely let it shows. She grits her teeth and immediately comes back to her position, ready to defend her hoops again.

 

Ian, the tall Beater, rushes toward the Buldger which just hit Yongsun and throw his bat in the air. His aim is perfect, the ball goes right in Emma’s direction, touching her in the stomach and propelling the girl through her own team’s hoops.

 

Sophie and Hugo, two of Gryffindor Chasers, have caught the Quaffle Emma let go off and keeps on throwing it to each other through a well known routine. Yongsun made them repeat this process until they cold feel where is the other without even looking at each other.

 

Hugo flies lower, while Sophie is above him, she speeds toward the Hufflepuff’s hoops and at the last second, Hugo throws the Quaffle high for Sophie to catch. The girl easily scores, Hufflepuff Keeper barely saw it coming. It is an easy score, they can’t always use this strategy but it more often than not works effectively.

 

Yongsun’s eyes are focus on the Quaffle, yet she feel where is every single one of her players. Edward is above her, watching for the Golden Snitch while being careful of the Buldgers. Sophie, Hugo and Nat are all positioned in front of her, ready to take the Quaffle back from Hufflepuff. Ian and Robert are after the Buldgers, situated on each part of the pitch.

 

Yongsun keeps her breathing under control, sweat is dripping down her neck and from her forehead, her thigh hurts from the Buldger. She believes it could have been worse, one year one of the Buldgers hit her so hard it broke her knee, yet she made it a point of honor to finish the match despite the horrible pain.

 

Hufflepuff tries to score another two time, passing through Gryffindor Chasers, Emma manages to reach Yongsun’s hoops. The Hufflepuff seems to be taking it personally on Yongsun, as time passes, she becomes more physical with the Gryffindor.

 

Yongsun pushes her away every time with a bump of the shoulder, but she sees the dark look in the girl’s eyes which only make Yongsun’s blood boils even more. The sentiment between the two is nothing like the friendly rivalry between Byulyi and Wheein. Right now, it is personal.

 


 

« God, what did Yongsun do to Emma? Girlies are almost trying to kill each other. »

 

Dana has borrowed Hyejin’s binoculars and she is watching the game while leaning half of her body over the railing. James is holding the girl by the collar of her sweat, he worries she will end up down the bleachers.

 

« Do you think it has something to do with last year? »

 

Hyejin is too distracted by the conversation between the Ravenclaw to continue to focus on the game. She doesn’t recall anything about the story Dana seems to be referencing but the amused smirk on her face and Remy’s frown make her believe there is more than winning or losing the game at stake for the two captains.

 

« Jung Speed told me Sunny personally trained Edward. I mean he won against Moon Snake by chance in my opinion and this Hufflepuff doesn’t seem that good on her broom. »

 

Dana gives the binoculars back to Hyejin as she points in Edward’s direction.

 

« Jung Speed told me Sunny personally trained Edward. I mean he won against Moon Snake by chance in my opinion and this Hufflepuff doesn’t seem that good on her broom. »

 

Hyejin needs a few seconds to connect all the names. Dana is such a unique girl...sometimes. The Slytherin girl looks up, Edward is flying above the main match without following any regular path, he keeps on changing direction. On the opposite hand, Riley, the Hufflepuff Seeker is flying around the pitch at a moderate pace. The two Seekers are third year student and entered their House team this year. Yet Edward is clearly more capable on his broom.

 

Hyejin sees the Golden Snitch way before the two Seekers; the small ball suddenly appeared right in front of her face, she only has to stretch her hand to take it. The two thin wings move so fast it seems like the ball is floating on its own. It is smaller than Hyejin’s hand, she believes it looks like a golden lollipop.

 

« You should step back a little. »

 

Dana pulls Hyejin a few steps back. The two Seekers are charging in her direction, but the Golden Snitch is already gone when they reach the front of the bleachers in which Ravenclaw Quidditch team and Hyejin are watching the match.

 

The Golden Snitch goes up in the air, immediately followed by the two Seekers.

 

Hyejin’s attention goes back to the game in front of her. Emma is flying in Yongsun’s direction the Quaffle under her arm, but instead of throwing the ball in one of the hoops, she rams into Yongsun. The two captains crash into the hard wooden hoop, Yongsun’s broom breaks in two under the pressure of the impact.

 

The Gryffindor holds Emma by the shoulders, as her broom can no longer support her, she locks one of her leg around Emma’s waist to not fall down. Despite her delicate situation, Yongsun manages to punch Emma in the stomach, which makes the girl lose her stability on her broom.

 

The two are falling down now, but none of them seem to care. Someone’s feet get tangled in one of the uniforms; scarlet and yellow are tangling together toward the ground.

 


 

The two reached the ground, now rolling in the grass after the harsh impact of their fall. Emma finds herself on top of Yongsun, but with a flexible movement of her hips, the later overthrows the girl. Yongsun is now on top, she gives a good punch in the girl’s face before standing up. It is only at this instant she realizes her left leg hurts way more than earlier; she doesn’t mind the pain.

 

Yongsun gets her wand out of her boot and points it to Emma’s face. The Hufflepuff is laying on the ground, blood dripping down the corner of , but her eyes are animated by the same revengeful energy, as dark as Yongsun’s.

 

« You ing stop this right now. »

 

« You don’t scare me, Kim. »

 

« I will blow up your face. You know I ing can. And I ing will. »

 


 

« God, Wheein should have been here. THIS IS EPIC! »

 

« Dana. Something is obviously very wrong. »

 

Hyejin is more worried about the fall Yongsun just took than anything else; she rushes down the stairs, pushing away every person on her way. The match is still going on above her head, most of the players haven’t noticed how bad the situation actually is. The Chasers and Beaters of Gryffindor are trying to fill in the Keeper position, thinking Yongsun will soon return.

 

But Yongsun is standing above Emma, her wand pointing to the girl. They are defying each other and nothing, not even the crowd screams can stop their reckoning. Hyejin sees from the corner of her eye Mrs. Vera, Gryffindor Head of House and Mr. Reass, Hufflepuff Head of House emerging from the teachers’ bleachers. They are running toward their student.

 

Mrs. Vera seems more worried than Mr. Reass who isn’t as familiar with Yongsun’s burning emotions. He doesn’t know Emma is in more danger than it seems.

 

« Miss Kim, drop this wand right this instant. »

 

Mrs. Vera stops a few meters away from her student, giving a chance to the girl to do the right thing. Yongsun doesn’t listen, she even stretches her arm in Emma’s direction. Hyejin standing near Mrs. Vera can see the look on her girlfriend’s face. Dark clouded eyes, heavy breathes, her short hair falling in front of her face make her look even more somber. Hyejin takes a step back and bumps into Remy.

 

« KIM YONGSUN! DROP THIS WAND, NOW! »

 

Mrs. Vera raises her own wand toward Yongsun, but the girl doesn’t move. Emma is smiling, teeth red from the blood in , she looks like a maniac; they both do. Emma starts to snickers, Hyejin thinks the girl is mad.

 

« You can’t. »

 

« Shut up. »

 

« Do it. Come on girl crush, show us you are more than your pretty face. »

 

Yongsun only has the time to breath before Mrs. Vera throw her a Stupefy. The Head of Gryffindor drops her head, she dislikes having to do such thing. Seeing Yongsun’s emotional state, a disarming spell wouldn’t have been enough. The woman walks toward the fainted student, she takes away her wand before starting to inspect her.

 

One part of her face is covered with mud and a few of the scratches inflicted by Emma are deep enough for blood to be running down her face. Yongsun’s uniform has been completely ruined by the fight, and her hair are sticky from the sweat and the blood of her wounds.

 

Mrs. Vera delicately cleans Yongsun’s face. The girl needs to go to the infirmary before they even start to clear out the reasons of this fight in the middle of a Quidditch game. Mrs. Vera knows she is going to have a long week following this incident.

 

« Miss Kim can no longer play. And I refuse to let Miss Shawner play after what she has done. »

 

« There is no need Mrs. Vera, Gryffindor just won. »

 

Remy points in Edward direction, the boy just landed on the fill with the Golden Snitch between fingers. Actually, all of the players have landed around them, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff not mixing up after seeing the event and keeping a good distance from the others. Mrs. Vera orders them to give them space.

 

Remy, like the gentleman he is, helps to carry Yongsun to the infirmary. Mrs. Vera makes it clear she doesn’t want any of the students to follow them. The Stupefy thrown by the teacher wasn’t very strong and Yongsun opens her eyes right before they reach the infirmary. The pain left by the absence of the adrenaline from the fight makes her close back her eyes.

 

« Thank you Mr. Adams. »

 

The Ravenclaw smiles politely before exiting the room; he perfectly understood that Mrs. Vera doesn’t want him here either.

 


 

« Thank you, Mr. Adams. »

 

Remy leaves the Headmaster’s office; after the incident at the Quidditch pitch between Yongsun and Emma, all the Quidditch team captain got summoned in the Headmaster’s office. It wasn’t Remy first time in this part of the castle, but still he felt a bit odd coming there. He goes down the Headmaster’s tower, taking his time while walking; his thoughts busy with the last events.

 

After bringing Yongsun to the infirmary, he went back to the Quidditch pitch, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff were already back in their changing rooms and most of the student had left the pitch. Yet, he could feel a tension was growing between the different houses. He worried the fight will let old House different arise again.

 

The Headmaster received each captain one by one in her office, Emma was first, then Byulyi and finally him. Yongsun is still at the infirmary, her leg took more damages than expected and the nurse said she needed extra rest.

 

Byulyi wasn’t at the match, and Remy believes it has to do with her feelings concerning the Gryffindor captain. She looked confused and asked him some questions about the Gryffindor while they were waiting, he gently told her what he saw. Leaving her free interpretation of the events. What worries Remy is Wheein.

 

The girl may seem tough, he knows she worries a lot in her head. He doesn’t want her to blame herself about what happened, but her though process tends to lean toward the negative aspects of a situation when her emotions are too big.

 

Yongsun is precious to Wheein, Remy noticed it. The two share a deep bound, but he believes they haven’t fully realized it yet. As he climbs the stairs back to Ravenclaw tower, he wonders if he shouldn’t stop to the library first. Something tells him the Ravenclaw might be there.

 

It is easy to find Wheein, she is sitting at a work table, her wand in front of her, head down. No books has been selected from the shelves. Remy sits next to her, he knows Wheein heard him walking her way.

 

« Pearley is worried about her students. »

 

Pearley is Hogwarts’ Headmaster, she is a forty years old woman which used to work at the Ministry of Magic. One day, after finding out about the poorly way Hogwarts was handled by the previous Headmaster, she gave her candidature to the Minister in person and became Hogwarts’ Headmaster.

 

All of the students, the professor and the staff respect her, she always worries about the well being of everyone around her and tends to take strong position against the Ministry of Magic when she believes their decision are wrong for her school.

 

« She always is. »

 

Wheein grunts her sentence, her eyes fixing her wand.

 

« Me, I worry about you. »

 

Wheein grunts again, she is a gremlin who sometimes has a hard time handling everything which is going on in her head. Remy puts his arm around her shoulders and brings her closer, she doesn’t fight it. Her head is resting against Remy now, but her angry pout is still present.

 

« Yongsun is going to be okay. I asked Pearley for the nurse to let you see her. I think it will do you good to speak with her a little. »

 

« Hum. »

 

« In the meantime, she is going to make a statement at dinner. I bet you can no longer handle the atmosphere either. »

 

It is an understatement to say the atmosphere between the different Houses is terrible. Even among the student, the common room is now deserted from the heavy feelings everyone carry. Remy trusts Pearley to tone down the situation.

 


 

« God, what is this atmosphere. This is not the vibe. »

 

Dana’s tone is half serious, half joking but Wheein doesn’t feel like smiling. The Great Hall is full, students and professor present for the dinner. Pearley gave a hopeful statement, inviting every student to not dwell on the Quidditch game event, and informing them that the Headmaster and Head of House will have a meeting to decide on the sanction they should take to prevent it from happening again.

 

Obviously, Hufflepuff lost a good bunch of points, and Emma got suspended of her captain responsibilities. Pearley made it very clear that the current atmosphere was not what Hogwarts was standing for and that she hoped everyone will make an effort to make it better.

 

Wheein didn’t listen much, she just realized it felt a bit lighter after Pearley’s speech. She is lost in her thoughts as she eats, putting the food mechanically in . Despite Dana’s numerous attempt to distract her, she keeps a low face. Wheein is grumpy kid.

 

The girl eventually manages to secretly leave the Great Hall before the end of the dinner, she runs in the corridors until she reaches the infirmary. The nurse gives her a nod, and lets her enter the huge room. White beds are kept against the walls with a curtain separating each for privacy. She walks to one of the occupied bed, easily finding the person she is looking for.

 

Wheein gets ride of her shoes and lies down near the occupant.

 

« Wheein? »

 

Wheein takes Yongsun’s arm, wrapping it around her. She entirely snuggles against the older girl, her work robe covers them both. Black and white. Yongsun squeezes Wheein closer against her, something must be really going on for Wheein to seek such kind of comfort. Yongsun caresses her hair with her available hand, she hums lowly a calming tune for a moment.

 

« Something happened? »

 

Wheein groans an answer, Yongsun understands, she continues to caress her grumpy gremlins. She closes her eyes while doing so, both of their breathing now synchronized. Wheein seems to be calming herself, she doesn’t move, but Yongsun knows she isn’t asleep, her breathing would be different.

 

« The nurse said I could get out tomorrow afternoon. »

 

Wheein nods.

 

« You missed a really sensational match. Gryffindor won. Edward, he did it despite the chaos, he stayed focus on the game. I knew I chose well. »

 

Yongsun stops talking when she realizes Wheein all snuggled against her has been crying. She hears muffled sounds and she feels the girl’s body shaking in her hold. This time, she cradles Wheein in her arms, bringing her even closer and rubbing her back. The infirmary is silent, only Wheein’s muffled cries can be heard.

 

« My Wheinnie… »

 

Yongsun holds the little girl, she rubs her back, murmuring warm words on top of her head. Wheein ends up falling asleep in the warm embrace, Yongsun rocking her gently, silently giving what the little girl has been craving for.

 

Yongsun keeps the girl in her arms, she has seen Wheein cry before. There is something heartbreaking about it; seeing someone you picture as a strong individual cry is always quite the emotional experience. She keeps Wheein close, she doesn’t want the girl to think she would ever let go.

 

Yongsun sighs, yesterday match was quite the experience. Her leg is no longer hurting, but the nurse told her to be careful for at least a week. Apparently, her broom is good for the trash, her uniform will need some fixing, and her face suffered some injuries. Those are the superficial consequences.

 

Mrs. Vera told her she had been summoned in the director office, Remy told her all the captains have been summoned the night of the match, but he refused to tell her more; not that she was very worried about that. Her reaction toward Emma worries her. If Mrs. Vera hadn’t been here, if no one had come to stop her, she would have thrown the first spell on her tongue, and she wouldn’t have stopped at one spell.

 

Yongsun knows her major flaw is her untamed emotions. They can take over her at times, especially when they are negatives and she is put under stressful situations. Yesterday match was an extreme situation for her emotionally. Wheein announcing her she wouldn’t be able to watch her game, her relationship with Hyejin needed a conversation, her studies, her family’s expectation, her teammates, everything. Everything, and she didn’t manage to clear her mind for the game despite her efforts.

 

When Emma started to play dirty, Yongsun tried her best to control the situation; she pushed the girl away and told her not to do that again. But she is only a teenager, her boiling rage formed by her mixed and misunderstood feelings took over. She could see herself gripping the girl collar and throwing a punch in the gut, then she was punching, kicking, scratching without even aiming.

 

It is a miracle the two of them managed to get to the ground before things got out of hand. They could have fallen and hurt themselves pretty badly. Yongsun sees herself getting her wand out of her boot and raising it in Emma’s direction. At this moment, she felt pure rage flowing through her veins. It isn’t the person she wants to be.

 

Wheein moves in her sleep, Yongsun opens her arms to give her room and closes back them around the girl once she has found her position.

 

Yongsun doesn’t know what spell she was going to throw, she doesn’t believe she would like to know the answer. She isn’t a gifted wizard like Wheein, but she worked on her skills and she throws spell faster than you would expect it.

 

« I am not like that. »

 

Yongsun knows she isn’t her emotions. Yet, they devoured her the other day and she barely fought back. Emma could have been badly injured, she could have hurt someone who was defenseless. Would she had been able to pardon herself if she had?

 

 

 


Author's Notes:

Hello, hehe.

I usually try to update on Friday at 00:00 CET, but I must admit, I wasn't into writing this week and even if I knew exactly what I wanted to write, it was just not coming. So... This is why I am late. A bit. But I think it is fine.

This chapter...what do you think? There is a whole chapter centered on Wheein, so this might be the reason why lately the chapters have been focus on other characters. Do you have a favorite character? I am just wondering.

Anyway, now now now, Byulyi has been spending time with herself. I think it is important for her to make time to heal. Then, you may have realized she isn't the only one with heavy feelings inside her. Since they are all teenagers, they all carry many burdens which may seem like nothing when you are an adult, but I remember them being the center of my concerns at this time.

Next chapter, things will change! I have decided we need some change. So be ready! Tada.

Also wanting to add, this is so cool the story has over 2K views. I actually follow the views of the story, and I find it funny some chapters have more views than others despite being posted at a more recent date. So maybe this chapter is more interesting or something? And also, there are almost 100 people subscribed to the story and I find it cool. Lol. Hehe, that's all.

And, thank you for reading, giving it attentions, giving feedback and also upvoting! That's cool, then I think "Wow, people enjoy what I write! It isn't nonsense!". Lol, I do think something along those lines or not!