THIRTEENTH

I Was Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Jihyo, and Dahyun have already arrived at the location where they will meet. Nayeon, the eldest, is scratching her legs in frustration due to the discomfort she's experiencing as a result of the grass scattered everywhere. Jeongyeon, her girlfriend, is attempting to apply ointment to the reddish bruises on her sensitive skin.

Meanwhile, the others are patiently awaiting the arrival of their friends.

"I swear, I will rip their skin from their bodies when they arrived. We set the call time at 9 a.m., and now it is 10:30 a.m. Ugh! " Nayeon expressed her madness by groaning and rolling her eyes. Her girlfriend stepped back a bit, afraid that she might get a smack on the head due to Nayeon’s frustration.

 

Jihyo dashed over to Sana and Chaeyoung, who had just arrived, and said, "Oh, speaking of."

"Hey, guys!" she says, ignoring Nayeon's complaints. " They all hugged each other.

 

"So, who are we waiting for?" Chaeyoung inquired.

 

"The ex-girlfriends."

 

The others just nodded meaningfully and talked about the two latecomers.

 

Not long after they talked about the two, Tzuyu came... followed by Mina, who seemed surprised by the coincidence.

 

“Tzuyu-ahhhh! " The group shouted, and Tzuyu was cornered in a group hug.

 

Except for Mina, everyone hugged Tzuyu tightly, while Mina stood there enviously, hoping she could hug Tzuyu like the others.

 

Sana was the final person to give Tzuyu a hug. Tzuyu turned around after the embrace.

She is now facing Mina, who is only a few meters away.

 

Mina simply locked her gaze on Tzuyu. She was at a loss for what to do.

When she met Tzuyu's gaze, her heart collapsed.

 

Those eyes, which used to look at her with love and affection, now look at her with a casual one. A look that shows friendliness as if nothing great happened in their past relationship.

 

 

Tzuyu lost those sparks.

 

When Mina saw Tzuyu stretch her arms as if inviting Mina to hug her, a tear welled up in her eyes.

 

“M-me?" Mina asked, puzzled.

 

“Who else, Myoui? Of course, it’s you.” Jeongyeon chuckled, which made the others laugh as well. They watched how Mina ran towards Tzuyu like a child running to her mother, almost tripped but managed to balance herself.

 

Mina embraced Tzuyu tight, unwilling to let go. Tzuyu tapped Mina on the back with a kind smile.

"It was great to see you again."

 

Mina can't stop crying. Everyone can hear her sobs, especially the person who is hugging her right now.

 

“I’ve missed you, Tzuyu-ah. I've been missing you so much," she sobbed.

 

Tzuyu only smiled and after a few seconds, pulled away from the hug. She wiped Mina’s tears. "I've missed you too," she said, beaming at her before turning to face their friends.

Mina immediately misses the girl's warmth and her smell.

 

"She didn't change her perfume." Mina thought.

 

“Where are Lisa and her group?" she questioned, pertaining to Lisa, Jennie, Jisoo, and Rose.

"They're busy, so it's just us," Nayeon explained as she pulled Tzuyu's waist to make the girl closer to her.

 

“I thought you were going to rip their skin?" Momo teases Nayeon which earned a glare from the oldest girl.

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes at the other latecomers and said, "Yes, but not my baby Tzuyu."

"She's no longer a baby." Except for Mina, the others cooed as Dahyun added, "She already has an adorable little child."

 

"Tzuyu-ah, congratulations!" they said.

 

"Thank you, guys!" Tzuyu warmly smiled at them. Her eyes showed happiness and contentment that Mina haven't seen for so long.

 

They all decided to enter the vans that would take them to their destination. Because there were two vans, the group was split into two groups.

 

And it appears that the odds are in Mina's favor today since she was not only placed in the same van as Tzuyu but also given the opportunity to sit next to her.

 

Tzuyu gave her a friendly smile as she noticed Mina sitting beside her. The younger appears to be at ease, whilst Mina is having difficulty breathing due to her proximity to the girl she once loved and still loves.

 

Tzuyu just stared out the window during the first several minutes of the journey, taking in the scenery. Mina is looking sadly at her, pondering how to start up a conversation with the younger.

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon, who are also in the same van, sit together awkwardly in one corner, messaging the others with updates on the two. Momo and Jihyo, in particular, bombarded the group chat with questions that seemed to be too much for the two to answer.

 

When Mina noticed that Tzuyu is falling asleep. She contemplated whether or not she should let the younger lie on her shoulder or not, but she did it eventually.

She doesn’t want Tzuyu to bump her head repeatedly on the van’s window.

 

 

Tzuyu unintentionally snuggled closer to her, and Mina smiled to herself.

 

 

 

Oh, how she missed this.

 

Mina's smile remained on her face until Tzuyu's phone lit up with a notification.

 

Mingyu <3

Hi, love! How are you doing? Today, Mitzu and I went to the zoo. I managed to divert his attention to the penguin show while he was looking for you. Love, I miss you. Please come back soon. I love you.

Mina flashed a bitter smile. She tried hard not to cry since she didn't want to wake Tzuyu up. It hurts her every time she will realize that the girl who used to be hers, already loves someone else now.

And it was entirely her fault.

 

She broke the girl who only gave her the best things in the world. And when she realized it, Tzuyu was already gone.

 

Mina simply put on her earbuds and listened to music to help her feel better. She closed her eyes and eventually fell asleep.

 

---

They had already arrived at their destination when Mina awoke.

Tzuyu is no longer by her side, and Dahyun was the one who woke her up.

 

When she went out of the van, Mina noticed Tzuyu sitting on a folding chair, smiling widely while messaging someone on her phone. The others are gathering in one place to talk about their plans for the camp.

 

Mina bitterly smiled, thinking that Tzuyu is texting her boyfriend. She just averted her gaze from the girl and went towards their friends instead.

 

"All right, we're here to relax and unwind. Please don't bother the others. This announcement was made particularly for Yoo Jeongyeon and Minatozaki Sana. I swear I'm going to murder you two if you ever pull a prank on us that would spoil our days," Nayeon said, which elicited a laugh from Jeongyeon and Sana. The two even did a high-five.

 

Nayeon glared at them.

 

Mina felt a presence on her back. She recognized the very familiar perfume indicating that Tzuyu went closer to them, probably done with spending time with her lovely boyfriend.

 

Mina mentally rolled her eyes.

 

"We'll be here f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter