Dream Files and Big Decisions

Raising Dreamies (NCT Dream Spanking fic)

(Right now in the story it is December 2017, everyone's birth years have been altered to fit their ages. Also the majority of what is in their files is made up)

Although Taeyong was given the files on each of the dreamies, he hasn't gotten around to reading them thoroughly until now. The boys were all at dance lessons so this was his chance to really read their files. 

The first file Taeyong opens is Mark's.

Mark Lee/ Lee Min Hyung

Born August 2, 2003 in Toronto, Canada. Mark has moved a total of 7 times in his life. He has lived in Toronto, Canada; Vancouver, Canada; New York, USA; Tokyo, Japan; London, England; Busan, South Korea and Seoul, South Korea. His family consists of his mom, dad, and older brother. He was raised speaking both English and Korean. He was homeschooled due to all the moving around. His brother convinced him to audition to become a kpop idol.

"Wow I can't imagine what it is like to have to move around so much  at such a young age." Seeing that there isn't a lot in Mark's file he grabs the next one.

Huang Renjun

Born March 23, 2004 in Jilin, People's Republic of China. Renjun was raised bilingual in both Mandarin and Korean. He also understands English.  His family consists of his parents who are not supportive of his wish to become a kpop idol. His parents are very strict and only want him to get an education and become a doctor. His parents eventualy allowed him to audition thinking he wouldn't pass. When he did they were not pleased but allowed him to move to South Korea to start training.

"Well that explains his behavior with the maknaes since he doesn't have any siblings he probably thinks of them as younger siblings. His parents being so strict is probably why  he hates getting into any kind of trouble. I'm glad he passed the audition and is no longer living at home."  Finished reading through Renjun's file he grabs the next one.

Lee Jeno

Born April 23, 2005 in Incheon, South Korea. His family consists of his older sister and dad. There is no information on his mom. He did some child modeling when he was younger. His dad is very supportive in his choice to become a kpop idol. 

"He is definitely the most behaved member of Dream. I guess it helps to have a supportive family. I am curious where his mom is though." Seeing that there isn't much more he grabs the next one.

Lee Haechan/ Lee Donghyuck

Born June 6, 2006 in Seoul, South Korea. Donghyuck lived with his Mom, younger sister, and two younger brothers. His dad passed away when he was 7. His mom is the one who encouraged him to audition for SM. He is a handful because of his ADHD.

"Yeah I have already experienced him being a handful haha. Not having a father figure in his life definitely affects him, that's for sure. I'll just have to make sure I'm there for him."  He grabs the next file.

Na Jaemin

Born August 13, 2007 in Seoul, South Korea.

Jaimin lived with his grandparents due to unspecified reasons. He is an only child. His grandparents support him in everything he does. 

"Hmm I wonder why his grandparents were raising him. Glad he has support from them  though." Since there isn't much information on Jaemin's home life Taeyong grabs Chenle's file.

Zhong Chenle

Born November 22, 2008 in Shanghai, People's Republic of China. His parents split up when he was 6 and his dad got custody while his mom was sent to rehab for alcoholism. He has an older brother and the two of them rarely see their mom. His dad works a lot so he was being raised by the nanny more than his dad. He is used to getting what he wants.

"This actually explains a lot of things. Poor kid has been through a lot." Taeyong grabs the last file already preparing himself for what he will find. He can't imagine it is anything good, the kid has too many walls up to protect himself.

Park Jisung

Born February 5, 2009 in Seoul, South Korea. When he was 4 years old his parents passed away and Jisung moved from foster home to foster home. His most recent foster home was in Busan. When he presented the idea of becoming an Idol to his foster parents they were all for it saying that it would teach him responsibility and manners. They were quite happy to send him off to train, they even made sure that means he will be living in the SM dorms and not coming back anytime soon or ever. It seems there might have been some emotional abuse maybe even some physical.

Taeyong was fuming by the time he finished reading the last file. "I can't believe they wanted him out that bad. He is a child. If he didn't pass the audition I can't imagine where he would have ended up or what those people have already put him through."  

Taeyong didn't know for sure what he wanted to do . All he knows is that he never wants Jisung to have to deal with such awful people again. Grabbing his phone he calls up Taeil. 

"Hello."

"Hey hyung. I just finished reading all of Dreams files and I need advice. Are you and Johnny hyung free?"

"Yeah, but you gotta come here. The kids aren't listening today and I don't want to leave them alone."

"Sure, I'll be over in a few. Thanks hyung."

"Sure, see you soo-"

All the sudden Taeyong hears Johnny yelling in the background.

"XIAO DEJUN (Xiaojun), WONG KUNHANG (Hendery) HOW MANY TIMES-

"Hey Taeyong I gotta go. I'll see you in a few." Before Taeyong can say anything in response Taeil had already hung up the phone. 

Grabbing all the Dreamies files and his keys he heads up to Taeil and Johnny's dorm. They have a seperate dorm from the subunits since they are raising the second youngest set of members of NCT, so they aren't able to live in a dorm for just the subunit they are apart of. 

Knocking on the door Shotaro answers and let's Taeyong in. "Where is Taeil hyung and Johnny?" 

"Oh they're dealing with Xiaojun and Hendery." Taeyong raises an eyebrow. He heard them getting yelled at but had no clue what happened.

"What did those two do now?" Those two were constantly getting into mischief it seemed. 

"Oh they were wrestling in the living room even after Johnny hyung told them to stop. We aren't allowed to wrestle in the living room.

"I see. Ok I'll just wait in the kitchen for them. How have you been? How's living with Johnny hyung and Taeil Hyung?"

"Good. I miss you being around all the time though."

"I miss you guys too. You're always welcome to come visit the Dream dorm anytime. Just make sure you check with Johnny hyung and Taeil hyung first."

"Ok, maybe i'll come visit soon."

"I'd love that."

"Hey Taeyong what brings you here?"  Johnny says walking into the kitchen. Taeil hasn't gotten around to telling Johnny that Taeyong was coming by.

"I just need some advice on something."

"Ah ok. Hey Shotaro buddy can you give hyung's a bit to talk?"

"Sure. By Taeyong hyung. I'll come visit Dream dorm soon!"

"You better!" Taeyong says as Shotaro  leaves the room.

"Is hyung coming?"

"Yeah he's just dealing with Xiaojun."

"Really? Still?"

"Yeah Xiaojun decided it was a good idea to argue with hyung."

"You would think that the kids would learn by now that arguing with us when they are in trouble isn't going to change anything, but it will just get them in more trouble."

"Yeah you would think." Just then Taeil came into the kitchen.

"Hey Taeyong, sorry to keep you waiting."

"It's ok. The kids come first, besides I got to talk to Shotaro for a bit, which was nice."

"That's good. He really misses having you around."

"I know he was just telling me that. We should get the Dream kids and the U kids together more often."

"Yeah, I think they would like that a lot, plus we would get a chance to catch up more often too."

"Yeah."

"Do you want some coffee?"

"Sure hyung. Thank you."

"So Taeyong what did you want our advice on?" Johnny asks.

"Oh yeah I was reading through the kids files you know getting an idea of their backgrounds. I haven't gotten around to doing that yet, but the kids are at dance lessons today so I finally had the chance. Some of the kids have a bit of a rough background. Here take a look for yourselves."  Taeyong says as he hands them the Dreamies files.

Looking through the kids files Johnny whistles. "Yeah it looks like some of these kids have a bit of a rough home life, especially Jisung."

"Yeah. I wonder how many foster homes he's been in. It sounds like he was bounced around to a new one quite a few times."

"Yeah. Jisung is actually the main reason I came to you guys for advice. The foster system is horrible and we all know a lot of times the kids in the system are mistreated. I hate to even think about him going back there. I mean his current foster parents couldn't wait to have him moved here."

"Yeah I don't want him back with those people either. I don't want to think about the damage that being in the system has done to this kid." 

"That's why I wanted your advice and thoughts Taeil hyung. You too Johnny. I have temporary guardianship of all the Dreamies. But Jisung doesn't really have a home to go back to for Holidays, so I've been thinking, what if I applied for permanent guardianship?"

"You want to adopt him?" Johnny asks shocked.

"Not adopt, just get permanent guardianship so they can't send him back to some foster home again. I think it would really be good for him to know he won't be sent back to a home where he feels he isn't loved or taken care of."

"I mean, you're already a temporary guardian of him. I agree that making it permanent could be really good for him."

"What about you Taeil hyung. What are your thoughts."

"I don't see a reason not to. You'll have to talk to SM and get the ok and all the paperwork filed with social services."

"Yeah, I'll start on that today and ask Jisung what he thinks."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Yangyang what are you doing?"  Johnny suddenly asks.

"Uh nothing hyung."

"Uh huh. Come here." The boy was trying way to hard to sneak past the kitchen and upstairs. 

The three hyungs heard something being put down on the table in the hallway just outside the kitchen, then Yangyang walked in.

"Yes hyung?" Yangyang said innocently.

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing just going upstairs."

"Mm. Ok then what did you put down before coming in here?" Johnny asks raising his eyebrow.

"Umm my uh phone."

Johnny gave him a look before reaching forward and taking said phone out of the boys hand. "This phone?"

"Oh uh I meant uh Shotaro's phone. He wanted me to bring it to him."

"Shotaro was just in here a little bit ago and his phone was with him when he left to go upstairs." Taeyong replied.

"Uhhh it was uh-"

"Go get whatever you put down and bring it here Yangyang."

Yangyang slowly turned and went into the hallway.  Once there he tried to find something else he could bring to his hgung. 

"Yangyang, now please."

Sighing Yangyang grabbed the item and walks back into the kitchen. 

"Liu Yangyang you are grounded remember? So what are you  doing with the nintendo switch?"

"Uhh-"

"Give it to me."

Yangyang slowly walks over to Johnny and hands him the Nintendo switch. Johnny takes it, then pulls the boy forward turns him slightly and delivers 5 smacks to his bottom. 

"Oww hyung!"

"You know when you are grounded you don't get to use electronics. I will be keeping your phone too. I'm not sure why you still have it in the first place."

"Yes hyung. I'm sorry."

"Go to your room."

"Aww hyung! I don't wanna go to my room." Yangyang whines.

"Too bad. You should have thought about that before you tried to sneak the game upstairs. Now you can go spend some time in your room, until I say you can come out."

"But hyung!"

"If you want to keep arguing with Johnny then you can make a stop in my room for a discussion on respect and obedience." Taeil says getting tired of the arguing the boy is doing.

"I'm good. I'll go to my room."

"That's what I thought." 

Once Yangyang has left the room Taeil turns to Taeyong. "See what I mean when I said that the kids are not listening today?"

"Yeah. What did Yangyang do to get grounded?"

"He came home an hour past curfew last night."

Taeyong just shakes his head. "Is everyone currently in trouble?"

"No Shotaro and Sungchan haven't gotten in trouble. Nock on wood."

"How is it that the youngest two are the only ones not in trouble?"

"Well,  Xiaojun and Hendery like mischief, Yangyang is sneaky and cunning, but Shotaro is pretty well behaved most of the time, and Sungchan rarely gets in trouble."

"Oh yeah, I forgot how much mischief Xiaojun and Hendery cause and how cunning Yangyang is. You guys have your hands full."

"Us? You have 7 kids 14 and under from rough backgrounds. You said so yourself that the two maknaes absolutely hate rules and don't listen well, and then you add that Chenle has ADHD and Haechan also has ADHD."

"Good point. Ok maybe I have my work cut out for me, but that doesn't mean you guys don't either. You have more teenagers to deal with. That's a bunch of hormones."

"True."

"Well I should get going the kids will be back from dance practice soon, and I don't want to leave them alone for too long."

"Alright, it was good seeing you. We will get the kids together soon."

"Sounds good!"

"Bye hyung, bye Johnny."

"Bye Taeyong. Let us know what happens with the guardianship."

"Will do." 

Back at the Dream dorm Taeyong gets back just a few minutes after the kids got back from practice. Walking into the dorm Taeyong sees Mark chasing Haechan who apparently has taken the older boys phone."

"HAECHAN GIVE IT BACK!"

"NO!"

"Haechan give Mark his phone back."

"Aww but hyung!"

"Now, Haechan."

"Ugg fine!" Haechan says roughly giving the phone back."

"Where is Jisung I want to talk to him about something."

"Uhh I think he went upstairs to play something with Chenle." Renjun says from his spot on the couch.

"Thanks." 

Heading upstairs Taeyong goes into the maknaes room. He watches for a moment as the two youngest are playing with a train set they had set up on the bedroom floor. "Hey guys, what are you up to?"

"Just building a train track. We're gonna try and make a big hill for it to go down!"

"Sounds pretty cool. Jisung do you mind if I steal you for a moment?"

"Why?"

"I just want to talk to you about a few things."

"Am I in trouble?"

"No, why? Is there something I should know about?"

"No."

"Ok then, I just want to talk to you."

"Ok."

Jisung gets up and follows Taeyong to his room. Once There Taeyong closes the door so they won't be interrupted by nosey dongsaengs. Taeyong then sits down on his bed and pats the spot next to him. Jisung walks over suspicous of his hyung's behavior.

"So I wanted to talk to you about your current foster parents." Taeyong watches Jisung carefully and sees him stiffen at the mention of his foster parents. "Do you like living with them?"

"Why?"

"Well I know a bit about the foster care system, my sister was adopted from the foster system. And I want to check in and see how they are treating you."

"I like them."

"Really? You can tell me if you don't. If they aren't treating you well, I don't want you to have to go back to them." Taeyong know's the boy couldn't possibly like it there considering what his file says about his current foster parents.

"But if I don't go back to them I will be relocated to a new family again."

"How many families have you lived with?"

"umm." Taeyong watches as Jisung counts on his fingers. "I think 7 maybe it's 8."

Taeyong tried not to show his shock on his face. "I see. Please be honest with me about how they are treating you. I read your file and I don't want you to have to live with them, but if you really like it there then I will drop it."

"If I say I hate it there what would you be able to do about it?"

"Well, I can apply to be your permanent guardian. I don't know if you would want-"

"YES!" Jisung yells basically tackling the eldest. "Please don't send me back to them ever! I hate them!"

"Ok. Of course I won't send you back to a home that treats you horribly. I would love to be your official guardian."

"I love you hyung!"

"I love you too buddy." Taeyong says hugging the boy and combing his fingers through his hair. "In order for me to file for permanent guardianship we have to go get it okayed by SM and then meet with Social services. They will ask you to give your reasons for wanting to leave the system you will have to talk about how you were being treated. Are you ready for all that?"

"Yes I'll do anything to get out of there so they have no control over me."

"Ok. You can go play again I'll call our manager and get that worked out and then I will make an appointment with Social Services. Do you have any questions? Do you understand everything we have talked about?"

"So permanent guardianship, does that mean you won't get rid of me or send me to a new family?"

"Yup, you will never be sent away. You will always live with me until you are grown up and ready to move out."

"Will I have to call you appa now?"

Taeyong chuckles. "No buddy. I will continue to be your hyung, like an actual older brother though."

"So different than Chenle calling you hyung?"

"Exactly."

"Haha I'm special! They don't get you as an actual hyung!"

"Be nice Jisung."

"Sorry. Do I have to change my last name?"

"That's up to you. You can leave it how it is or you can add my last name. Up to you."

"I want to add your last name to mine."

"Ok we can do that."

"Ok."

"Any other questions?"

"Do I get special treatment with you as my official guardian?"

"Haha you wish. The only things that will change are you will always live with me, adding my last name to yours, and I will have complete say in everything you do. With the others if something happens at school I am called first because I am the temporary guardian while living in the dorms, but their parents are still notified. With you if something happens at school I am the only one who is notified, because I am fully in charge of you. Does that make sense?"

"I think so. So in other words you'll be more strict with me."

"I wouldn't say that. But I will be fully in charge of you."

"Alright. Can I go play now?"

"Yes go play brat." Taeyong says giving the boy a playful swat to his bottom.  Jisung hugs him before running out of the room yelling, "CHENLE YOU WON'T  BELIEVE IT!"

Chuckling Taeyong grabs his phone and calls SM to get their approval. SM has no problem with it, so Taeyong calls Social Services and makes an appointment for the next day. Smiling he can't believe he will be the official guardian of a child. He can't wait to have Jisung out of the foster system and in his care where he will get taken care of properly. He sends a quick text to Johnny and Taeil to update them on everything then heads downstairs to join the others in whatever game they are currently playing on the living room floor, it looks like twister.