When Everything Changes

Raising Dreamies (NCT Dream Spanking fic)

Taeyong sat on his bed deep in thought. He had just got off the phone with NCT's Manager. A few weeks ago NCT got new members that were put into a sub-unit called NCT Dream, they wouldn't be debuting for a few years still. All of the Dreamies were  14 and younger, so when they arrived they were put on a trial to see if they could handle living in the Dream dorm with just Mark, who is 14 years old being in charge. Well fast forward to now, apparently they couldn't handle living without an adult. 'No surprise there' thought Taeyong. He has experience raising other members, so he knew that the Dreamies living in the dorm without an adult wasn't going to work. Their Manager had called Taeyong and explained everything to him, how he needs Taeyong to step up and move into the Dream dorm to basically raise the Dreamies. He agreed and got all the information he would need on each member. He had met and interacted with the members before but he needed information on their backgrounds and such in order to do this right.

As he sat on his bed deep in thought, he thought about how he was currently raising the other members of NCT who are still minors. The youngest member in Dream is 8 years old. These kids will need a lot more guidance. Standing up he began to pack his things, he was going to be moving into the Dream dorm today. His manager had let him know that Johnny and Taeil are stepping up to take his place in raising Xiaojun, Hendery, Yangyang, Shotaro and Sungchan so he can raise the Dreamies.

Once he was packed he headed down a few floors to where the Dream dorm was located. He stood outside the door for a second a little nervous about what he was about to walk into. He could hear the Dreamies in the dorm doing who knows what, but they weren't quiet with whatever they were up to. Taking a deep breath he adjusted his hold on his bags so he could open the door. Stepping inside he was not prepared for what he saw.

The room was a disaster, there were couch cushions everywhere, chairs flipped on there sides, open bags of chips on the floor, and some liquid was spilled near the tv that Taeyong guessed was juice. Mark was tossing a ball at the wall and then catching it over and over again. Renjun was running around  hula-hooping and yelling at Haechan to stop shooting him with rubberbands. Jeno and Jaemin were having an airsoft gun fight, and Chenle and Jisung were tossing a waterballoon back and forth. It was total chaos. 

Stepping fully into the dorm he dropped his bags before putting his fingers  between his lips and whistling loudly. Renjun stopped hula-hooping, and Haechan looked at Taeyong and shot one more rubberband at Renjun which hit him right in the forhead before stopping completely. Chenle was startled and dropped the waterballoon on the carpet getting water everywhere making Jisung complain because 'Now we have to start over, Chenle!'. Mark had caught the ball and stopped throwing it at the wall. Jeno and Jaemin had lowered their airsoft guns to their sides. Everyone was now looking at Taeyong who was standing with his arms crossed over his chest. He did not look happy. 

"Everyone kitchen table, now!" The Dreamies all hurried to get to the kitchen table. None of them wanted to make Taeyong angry and he already looked pretty pissed off.

Following behind them Taeyong entered the kitchen and took a seat at the head of the table. 

"Alright. I'm sure you all know by now that I will be living here with  you guys. I will be your guardian while you are living away from home."

"No disrespect hyung, but we don't need you to move in. I'm the oldest here and I have it all under control." 

"Mark, what I just walked into was not you having everything under control. You were bouncing a ball off the wall. You weren't even watching the others. What you guys were doing in this dorm is unacceptable. Mark as the oldest you should have been keeping an eye on the others especially the maknaes, they are children."

Hearing Taeyong call him a child Chenle takes offense to it. "I'm not a child! I'm nearly 10!"

"Chenle, you just turned 9 a couple weeks ago. That isn't almost 10. Even if you were almost 10 that is still a child. You are a child by law until you turn 13, but even once you turn 13 you are still  a minor and still need an adult in your life."

Chenle just leans back in his chair with a hmph. 

"Lose the attitude young man." Taeyong scolded. "Now back to what I was talking about, Chenle and Jisung, waterballoons are not an inside activity that is for outside only-"

"But it's Winter! It's too cold for playing with waterballoons outside!"

"Don't interrupt Jisung, that's rude. Yes it is the winter so you should have found something else to do besides bringing an outdoor activity into the dorm."

"Fine." Jisung said pouting.

Taeyong gave him a look to change his attitude before continuing. "Haechan it isn't nice to shoot others with rubberbands especially if they are telling you to stop."

"But it's fun!" 

"I don't care if it is fun. You hit Renjun in the head, you could have hit Renjun in the eye."

"I was just trying to have fun."

"There are a lot of things you could have done to have fun that wouldn't hurt someone."

"ok."

"Renjun hula-hoops stay outside. You could run into someone and hurt them or break something."

"Ok hyung."

"Jeno and Jaemin airsoft guns are not safe in the house. Outside only please."

"Ok hyung." 

"Yes hyung."

"Alright. Now things are going to change around here. I'm going to write up some rules and pushiments as well as give you each chores that you are responsible for. While I'm writing these you all can go back into the living room and clean up. I want all the couch cushions back where they belong, the food put away, the juice spill cleaned, the waterballoon mess cleaned up, and the toys put back where they belong. You have 20 minutes and then I want you all back at the table."

The boys all got up to do as they were told. "Mark hyung what kind of rules and punishments do you think hyung will give us?" 

"I don't know Jeno. I'm going to guess that he will have some of the same rules and punishments that we have with the rest of NCT hyungs, but will add some and there will probably be more punishments than what NCT hyungs can dole out since he's our guardian not just our hyung now."

"Uggg! I hate rules. Why can't he just let me do what I want!"

"Uh Probably because you are 8 Jisung." Mark replied laughing slightly at the pout on the youngest maknaes face."

20 minutes later the boys had finished cleaning up the living room and were now gathered around the kitchen table once again. 

"Alright let's go over the rules first." Taeyong said putting a piece of paper labled rules on the fridge.

"First bedtime. Mark, Renjun and Jeno your bedtme is 10. Haechan, and Jaemin your bedtime is 9:30. And Chenle and Jisung your bedtime is 9."

"Why can't I stay up till 10!?" Jisung complained.

"Yeah! I wanna stay up till 10 too!" Chenle said joining his best friend.

"You can stay up till 10 when you turn 12. Until then you will be going to bed earlier."

"I hate bedtimes." Jisung grumbled under his breath.

"Fine." Chenle said crossing his arms.

'Oh boy. These two are gonna be a handful I can already tell' thought Taeyong.

"Each of you will be in charge of keeping your room clean, as well as doing your own laundry. Chenle and Jisung you will just be in charge of putting away your laundry once it has been washed. Mark as the oldest you will be in charge of taking the garbage out."

"I don't like cleaning though." Jisung says. Taeyong has barely gotten into the rules and he already hates all of it.

"That's too bad. Keeping your room clean is how you learn responsibility."

"uggggggg" 

"That's enough Park Jisung. Ok lets continue. Outdoor toys stay outside. Food stays in the kitchen, the only exception to this rule is if we are having a movie night then you can have popcorn in the living room. No lying, it is never ok to lie. Lying will get you in more trouble than if you just tell the truth in the first place. No disrespect, be respectful to everyone I don't care if they are younger than you, you still need to be kind and respectful to everyone. No putting yourself in danger, there is no excuse for this one. No fighting if I catch you fighting you will be in a lot of trouble. No cursing. No leaving the dorm without asking permission from me and you must take either Mark or Renjun with you when you go somewhere out of the building. Oh and no using the stove or oven if you are under the age of 12. Questions or comments?"

"Yeah I have one." Chenle says glancing at Jisung and then back at Taeyong. "How about we scratch all that and just have fun!"

"Not happening. Anyone else have other questions or comments?"

"What happens if we break one of the rules?" asks Jeno.

"That's our next thing to go over. If there are no other questions or comments then we will move on." 

Taeyong waits a moment to make sure nobody has anything to say or ask. "Alright. Now we will talk about the consequences if you break one of the rules. The punishments you can expect are grounding, timeouts, spanking, items confiscated, and mouth being washed out with soap. What punishment you recieve will depend on what you have done. If I have to tell you to do something or to stop doing something more than once I might dole out a few smacks to your . If you swear you will get your mouth washed out with soap. Grounding, timeouts, and spankings depends on what you did. Sometimes you might get spanked and a timeout or spanked and grounded or you might just get one of those. Any questions?"

"What happens if we uh.. get spanked..?" Jaemin asks 

"You will go over my knee. I will only ever use my hand or the wooden spoon if you are under the age of 13. Depending on what you did or if you fight me on it you might get it bare. The most I will ever dole out is 20. Any other questions or comments?"

"Haha good luck with  Chenle and Jisung, those two don't know how to listen or follow rules for the life of them." Mark says laughing.

"Hey I know how to listen!" Chenle complains looking at Mark.

"Right and I know how to fly a plane."

"I know how to listen too! I just don't like to." Jisung says sticking his tongue out at Mark.

"That's worse Jisung!" Mark replies still laughing.

"Boys." Taeyong calls getting their attention again. "I know you guys don't like rules but that's how it's going to be. In a few years you guys will debut as NCT Dream and people will look up to you. So you need to learn how to be responsible and respectful so when you debut you will be able to be a good respected idol. Do you guys understand?"

"That makes sense to me." Says Mark.

"I don't mind the rules." Says Renjun.

"Ok I guess I can get on board with the rules." Says Jeno.

"This will be hard but I understand why you're making the rules for us hyung." Says Haechan. 

"I guess I don't have much of a choice." Says Jaemin.

"Fine." Says Chenle.

"I don't want rules." Says Jisung glaring at the table.

"Good. Jisung you can hate rules all you want but you still have to follow them."

"Well I don't wanna." Jisung crosses his arms over his chest and continues to glare at the table.

"That's your decision Jisung. Just know if you don't follow the rules then you will just get in trouble."

"This is stupid." 

"You guys are free to go. Jisung is gonna stay here for a bit."

As everyone else got up to leave Jisung got annoyed at not being allowed to go too. "What, why can't  I leave?"

"Because I don't appreciate your attitude right now. So I think you need to sit here for 10 minutes and calm down and then I'll come back and if your attitude is gone then you will be free to go play with the others. If it isn't gone than we will be having a discussion about respect."

Jisung just glared at Taeyong.

"10 minutes Jisung and that attitude better be gone." Taeyong set a timer then walked out of the kitchen. Once Taeyong was gone Jisung stood up. He wasn't feeling bold enough to completly test how serious Taeyong is about his rules and punishments by leaving the kitchen, but he felt like testing him a little bit. So instead of sitting he went over to the counter and leaned against them.

Once the timer went off Taeyong headed back to the kitchen. He saw Jisung leaning against the counter instead of sitting in his chair like he was told. He knew that he was testing him to see what he would do. 

"I thought I told you to sit in your chair for 10 minutes." Taeyong said raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah and I didn't wanna. I don't like sitting in timeout."

"That's too bad. You just got yourself into more trouble by not obeying me, and I see your attitude isn't gone either." 

"I told you I don't like rules!" 

"Well Park Jisung whether you like it or not you are 8 years old. And there are rules and right now you are not being respectful." 

Jisung just continued to glare. He didn't like that all of a sudden he has to follow rules. They were perfectly fine before.

Taeyong went up to Jisung grabbing the boy by the arm he turned him slightly and gave him 3 smacks on his jean clothed bottom. "Drop the attitude. Since you decided to disobey me and talk back you can go right back to your chair and start over your timeout." Taeyong brought the boy back to the chair as he did so Jisung tried to rub the sting out of his bottom. He was plopped back in his seat that he previously was in not too long ago. "10 minutes Jisung." 

When Jisung looked like he was about to stand back up Taeyong gave him a look and said "Go ahead stand up, see what happens. I can guarantee you will not like the consequences if you do."

Jisung finally settled down and just sat there pouting. Taeying once again set the timer for 10 minutes and then walked out of the kitchen. He stood right outside the kitchen though to see what the maknae would do. He watched as Jisung's attitude slowly started to fade. The boy now looked like he regretted the choices that he had made.

Once the 10 minutes were up Taeyong walked in and pulled a chair out across from Jisung. "Alright. Are you ready to talk in a respectful way?"

"Yes hyung."

"Ok, good. Now I know you don't like rules. You're young and you want to have fun. I get that. I do. However I make these rules and give you punishments becausae I care about you and I want what's best for you. I want you to grow up to be a good person. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"I guess. I'm sorry for giving you attitude Taeyong hyung."

"It's alright. You are forgiven. I love you kiddo. I just want what's best for you."

"I love you too hyung."

"Alright come give me a hug then you can go play." 

Jisung gives Taeyong a tight hug and then goes and runs off to play.  Taeyong follows him out to the living room and sees Chenle and Haechan running around chasing each other. "Boys please don't run inside." The two stop running but it is clear that they are pretty hyper right now, which reminds Taeyong that they have ADHD and that he needs to make sure they take their medicine when they wake up in the morning. 

Taeyong sits down in one of the armchairs in the corner and just watches the kids playing. This wasn't going to be like the last time he raised NCT members. Nope. This time he has a couple kids who are quite young, who have ADHD, don't like rules, and like mischief. Yeah this would definitely be a challenge, but he knew already that he loved each and every one of those hooligans in front of him.