Nine

Right Through Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: texts that are in italic are said in English. texts that are in bold characters are flashbacks.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Joohyun was pacing back and forth while looking at the building in front of her. She took a deep breath and was about to enter the building, but stopped midway. She is now in front of the buiding of the television station where Seungwan and her team works. The building is not that big, obvious that they produce low budget shows, but still, they have posters of tge shows that went famous, hanging up outside the building, hanging proudly to gain respect. Joohyun wondered if she took the offer, can she and her show can be displayed there too? She shakes her head because of the thought. She is only here to save up some money for her girlfriend, but still, she doubts if she is doing the right thing, disobeying her girlfriend to earn money in order to save him, but she have her dreams that she wanted to fulfill too, right? 

 

Her pacing continues and she bit her nails in nervousness. "Come on, Joohyun. You can do this. You can do it, you can do it" She said to herself while she slowly paces closer to the building but then again, stopped. "I can't do it!" She ran back to her sccoter and took a deep breath. 

 

What Joohyun doesn't know is that there is someone watching her on the side after parking her car. She is holding her file scripts and concept idea board but once she saw Joohyun went back to her scooter, the one watching smiled and immediately ran to Joohyun, She immediately grabbed and held Joohyun's hand and pulled her inside of the building. 

 

Joohyun was shocked as she felt warm hands hold hers and pulled her inside, she looked at the person and she saw a blonde hair and a leather jacket. It was the young producer/ director, Seungwan. 

 

"I know you want to do this, so come on, let's do this!" Seungwan happily said as she pulled Joohyun inside of the meeting room. 

 

Joohyun didn't even argued, she would be lying to herself if she said that she wanted to do the show. So right now, she thanks Seungwan for pushing her to do this decision, the oppurtunity that knocks once in her lifetime. 

 

 

 

 

 

"...And where will her scooter will take her? and where will she take the audience?" Seungwan finished sharing her idea as she write these in their white board.

She then walked in front of the meeting room as she gestures with her hands as she shares her ideas. "We will include the audince in our show," She happily said and Joohyun was confused by that remark. 

 

"How?" She asked, getting the attention of Seungwan. 

 

"Through social media. The audience will send in dares for you to do in each place you visit," Seungwan answered happily.

 

"I'm suposed to do everything they say? Really?" Joohyun ask as she points at herself

 

"Well, of course we will screen all the requests. And as long as it's not dangerous or indecent, then you have to do it. And that's what will appeal to the viewers," Seungwan said and walked to the empty seat next to Joohyun to start her lunch. She opened the lunch box and she smiles as she smells the roasted chicken.

"They will tune in to know if their requests got chosen and if you are able to do them," Seungwan then distributed the boxes of roated chicken to everyone.

 

"Again, why will they watch me?" Joohyun frowns, still not believing whether she could make audience watch her. 

 

"Well, like I told you, you're beautiful" Seungwan answered as she pour chicken oil on top of the roasted chicken and then she looked at Joohyun after

 

Seungwan then tried to hand ithe chicken oil to Joohyun. Joohyun just looked at the chicken oil without touching at and shakes her head to reject the food. "Why, are you allergic to this" Seungwan asked with confusion

 

"I just can't, so please put that away because I'll crave for it more," Joohyun stated

 

"But what if the audience asked you to eat this? What would you do?" Seungwan asked, looking at Joohyun while waiting for an answer. Joohyun looked around, trying to avoid the questions, so Joohyun just answered shortly. 

 

"I won't do it" Joohyun stated, this time with force

 

Seungwan curiousity grew, so she smiled and asked again. "But why?"

 

Joohyun looked at Seungwan in the eye, and once Seungwan saw it, she knew what Joohyun is going to say. "Because Seulgi won't like it," Joohyun looked down, a sadness hints on her voice. 

 

"All the more reasons why they should watch you. Joohyun, do you know why they will watch you?" Seungwan asked, Joohyun then looked at Seungwan again

 

Seungwan recognizes the quiet end so she decided to answer her own question. "Because everyone loves a love story" Seungwna smiled. "And your love story with Seulgi..." Seungwan then lookes at the other staffs on the meeting "That's perfect guys!" Seungwan was delighted by this idea and stood up to explain more of his idea. Joohyun frowned at the sudden remarks of Seungwan, feeling disrespected by Seungwan who seems to take advantage of Joohyun and Seulgi's unfortunate story. 

 

"Seungwan, can you no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter