House Hopping

That's LIFE

Narrator's POV:

They have finished lunch and went back to the amusement park. Before going to rides, they rested on a bench. The others borrowed her camera and took snapshots. As the rest talked and teased each other, Youngjin suddenly saw a familiar figure. COULD IT BE HIM? Could it be the guy who saved her before? She couldn't do anything. She couldn't move. She just can't go straight to him. If she did, what will she say? But, she was happy she had a glance of him. 

Her father was a detective, a cop, an ally of justice. He had locked a lot of criminals behind bars. Many wanted to destroy him. THEY WANT HIM DEAD. And the weakest point of the cop was his family. They tried to secretly kidnap his daughter but failed because the kid was witty. Her father had taught her well. He wanted her daughter to be able to protect herself even when he was not around. She wasn't strong enough to beat all the guys, but she outsmarted them.

It was winter and Little Youngjin, at the age of 7, was sitting on a bench. She watched the other kids play. Playing wasn't in her nature back then. All she wanted to do was wait for her mother to pick her up. She had been wanting to sleep. As she stared at the ground, coated with cold, white snow, a bunch of men approached her. "Youngjin-ah!" Man 1 called her with a smile. She narrowed her eyes on him. "Your father sent us to pick you up," he explained. "i don't believe you," she quickly said. "Come on. Let's go inside the car," he ignored what she said and grabbed her wrist.

"Don't touch me!" she shouted as she tried to yank wrist from the man's grip. They were forcing her inside but she kept struggling. She wiggled harshly, making it hard for the men to get her inside the vehicle. "Get inside, you brat!" Man 2 said. He was already irritated, annoyed. He got more agitated when a something had hit his head, a shoe. He turned around and saw this guy holding a plastic bag.

"Stay out of this!" Man 3 said. "Let her go," mysterious guy said. "Who do you think you are?" Man 1 said. Man 2 narrowed his eyes on him and suddenly it grew wider than normal. "Let's go. Leave the kid alone!" he said and went inside the car. The others followed and left the girl. The mysterious guy approached her and kneeled. "Are you okay?" he asked. She nodded and suddenly pinched his cheeks, "Thank you, mushroom,"

"M-mushroom?" he asked, fighting the urge to laugh. "You popped out of nowhere, that's why," she explained. He let out a small laugh and took her back to the playground. They sat on a bench. He took out a small carton of milk from the plastic bag and handed it to her. Youngjin's face lit up. It was one of her favorite drinks in the world. She gladly took it and drank the milk.  He took out a canned coffee and that caught Youngjin's attention.

The guy was about to drink it but he stopped when he noticed Youngjin's stare at the coffee. "You can't have it! It's mine," he said, knowing what was going to happen. Youngjin pouted without even knowing she did. He chuckled and said, "You can only have a sip, okay?" Her face lit up again and took the can from him. She took a sip from the coffee and familiarized her self with the taste. She took a sip again and again. "Whoa. Whoa. Whoa! You're already drinking my coffee!" the guy stopped her. She grinned sheepishly and handed the can to him. She went back to drinking her milk. "What's your name?" He asked but she didn't answer. She was told by her dad that she shouldn't tell anyone her name. 

Her dad was strict but she ended up appearing... carefree. He sighed and sang and danced his self-introduction, "My name is Jung Jihoon. And you?" Youngjin laughed at the man's actions. "Youngjin," she simply replied.

She felt a hand on her right shoulder. When she turned around, a finger greeted her cheek, Myungsoo's finger. "Pabo," he said. "What?!" she asked in disbelief. He stuck out his tongue. "Oka, let's go!" Sungyeol shouted as he threw his fist up in the air. "Where to?" Youngjin asked.. "Aren't you listening? We're going house hopping," Hyuna answered. Clearly, Youngjin wasn't really paying attention. She had her own world a moment ago. "We're gonna go to your house last," Myungsoo added. "I don't have a house," Youngjin replied, making Infinite and Hyuna stop from their tracks.

"Impossible. Where do you live then?" Sungyeol asked. "In a mouse hole," she said. Woori laughed. They all exited the park. Youngjae was holding his 'girlfriend's' hand. Youngjin smiled at the sight. She felt the urge to take a picture but then felt something was missing, her camera. SHe panicked a little inside and then, decided to ask the others, "Where's my camera?" The rest looked at Myungsoo, who was indeed holding her camera. He was viewing pictures.

"Who told you you can look at those?" Youngjin stood beside him, planning to snatch the camera. "Me," Myungsoo said without looking up from the camera. "Give it ba-," she stopped when she saw the picture on the screen. There, she saw their family picture. They were complete and smiles were printed on their faces. "Hey, give it back," she said softl, trying to snatch the camera back using a little effort. "Fine. Fine. I won't look at the pictures again," Myungsoo said. Youngjin let go and Myungsoo stuck out his tongue. And then, went with the others. Somehow, something stole her energy when she had seen that picture.

"You seem so close with him," Hyuna appeared beside her. "Yeah. We're literally close during Monday to Friday. He's sitting in front of me," Youngjin said, making Hyuna laugh. "By the way, when is your flight?" "Later," "Oh, la-. WHAT?!" "My flight is later," "Why so soon?" "I don't know with my mom," Hyuna said as she shrugged. Youngjin just smiled. They all reached the eldest's house, Kim Sunggyu's. They all went inside and the living room greeted them. "Okay, welcome," Sunggyu said as heopened his arms. "Hamster Hyung, do you live alone?" Youngjae asked. Sunggyu smiled and shook his head. "Do you have a pet hamster?" Youngjae asked again. The hamster-looking guy shook his head. "Do youmfff-" Youngjae's mouth issued a muffled voice as Youngjin's hand clamped over her brother's mouth. Sunggyu looked confused. "He won't stop," Youngjin explined as she scratched the back of her neck.

They moved to the next house, Dongwoo's. They skipped Woohyun and Hyuna's house since they were always there. "Okay, welcome to our house!" Dongwoo and Hoya said as they entered the house. "You live together?" Youngjin asked. "We don't live together. His sleepovers are getting to often," Dongwoo explained. Suddenly, "Dongwoo? Is that you?" a female voice shouted. A lady, probably in her 23, appeared. Her hair tied in a bun. She was wearing a tank top and a cropped baggy pants, together with sneakers. "Annyeonghaseyo," Youngjin, Youngjae and Hyuna greeted. Infinite and Woori didn't need to greet formally, because they knew each other well. "This is my sister," Dongwoo introduced her sister as he slung an arm around her shoulders. "Annyeonghaseyo," the sister greeted back. "This is Youngjin, Youngjae and Hyuna," Dongwoo introduced the 3. The noona's eyes had caught something cute, which caused her pupils to dilate.

"Aren't you the cutest thing?" she said as she kneeled in front og Youngjae and started pinching his cheeks. "Noona," Dongwoo callled but she ignored him. "Do you want some cookie and milk?" she asked the little kid. Youngjae gladly nodded. The noona held his hand and brought him to the kitchen. "Sorry about my noona," he apologized to the 2. "It's okay,"

Next house,  Sungyeol's. They arrived and his mom and his brother greeted them. They started with formalities and chatted. His mom gave them slices of watermelons to eat. "Youngjin-ssi, what's the work of your parents?" Sungyeol's mom asked. "H-he was a detective," "A detective?!" Everyone asked in chorus. Youngjin and Youngjae nodded. "What's your father's name?" the mom asked, trying to find out something. "Lee Jinpyo," Youngjin answered. "The famous Lee Jinpyo is your father?!" Daeyeol asked. in disbelief.