New student.

That's LIFE

Narrator's POV

 “Nooooooooooooona!” Sungjong waved his hand in the air. Youngjin, Youngjae and Minjung stood by their apartment gate, staring at the 8 people smiling in front of them. “Annyeong!” Woori greeted the 2. “What are you doing here?” Youngjin asked, ignoring the greeting. “You’re too early for December!” Sungyeol joked. “Isn’t she always in the state of winter?” Hoya asked.

MinJung, scared of other people, hid behind Youngjin. The older girl seemed to notice it and then ignored Sungyeol and Hoya’s comments. “Are you scared of them?” she asked gently the little girl. Infinite then watched the 2. Minjung nodded slightly.

Youngjae went near to her and patted her head. “It’s okay. They’re nice people,” he said. Infintie and Woori watched in awe as the matured little boy comforted the little girl. But then he suddenly added, “They’re just stupid old people,”

Those words stabbed them through. “Stupid…” “Old…” “People?” Sunggyu finished what Woohyun and Dongwoo. An imaginary popping vein appeared on Youngjin’s forehead. She squatted down beside Youngjae and said, “And this kid is a midget,”

The little boy glared at his sister. Woori stepped forward to the little girl, “Annyeong!” Minjung waved her hand a little. “My name is Woori. I’m Youngjin’s bestfriend so call me unnie!” Woori smiled gently. Minjung bowed politely and introduced herself, “A-annyeonghaseyo. M-my name is Park Minjung,”

Killed by Minjung’s cuteness, Woori pinched her cheeks and hugged her tightly. “Ahh! You’re so cute! I wanna adopt you! Can I just adopt you?! Ahhhhh!” Minjung tried to get out from her grip but she was too strong… for a kid. Woohyun pulled her sister, “I’m sorry. She’s like this whenever she sees cute things,” he apologized with a smile.

“Hello Minjung-ah. My name is Sunggyu,” he knelt down before her and smiled. Her eyes widened and then, she pointed to Sunggyu, “HAMSTER!” That was how Sunggyu was killed by a little girl. The others started laughing their hearts out. “She… called you a… hamster, hyung!” Sungjong managed to say in the middle of his laughter. “OmoHAHAHAHAHAHA,” Woori said. “Yeah, my first impression on him,” Youngjae said, nodding.

 

The 7 boys introduced their selves then, they started walking to the kids’ school. Sunggyu and Woohyun was walking ahead of the rest. Hoya and Dongwoo followed and they talked about the game last night. Sungjong was walking with Woori, who were talking about the latest Kpop MV. Youngjin followed with the 2 kids, each on her side. The kids were holding onto her hand. Youngjae kept looking back and forth, as if he was searching for something.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo were behind of the rest. Myungsoo was staring at Youngjin and Sungyeol noticed it. “You like her, right?” Sungyeol asked his best friend. “I don’t like her,” Myungsoo said. “Okay, wrong word. She’s different from any other girls, right?” Sungyeol said, to which his friend nodded to.

After finally judging who was tallest of the rest, Youngjae separated from Youngjin and ran backwards and tugged onto Sungyeol’s shirt, “Piggyback ride,” He opened his arms and the tall choding bent down for the boy to climb onto him. Youngjin took out her camera and focused on the 2. Seeing the camera, the 2 chodings smiled to the camera.

After their picture was taken, the 2 darted to the others in front. Minjung, while holding Youngjin’s hand, stared at the 2 and felt like she wanted a piggyback ride too. “You want one too?” Youngjin asked her and the little girl nodded. Youngjin looked around and then bent down for the little girl. Before Minjung could climb, Myungsoo tapped the little girl’s shoulder, catching her attention. “Let me give you a piggyback ride, I’m taller and Youngjin noona won’t let you go any higher,"

Minjung then went to Myungsoo. After seeing the 2, “Yah!” Youngjin said. Myungsoo stuck out his tongue and went with the others in front. Youngjin sighed and took a picture of the rest from the back. The effect was a monochrome, bringing out more of the feelings.

At the 2 kids’ school, mothers were staring at them. What a big family, they must have thought. After the kids’ went inside, Youngjin’s expression changed, from caring and gentle to bored and scary. She only shows her gentle side to kids and Myungsoo noticed this. He smirked as an idea came to him.

 

They entered the school gate and walked into the building with all eyes on them. Murmurs and whispers bellowed the entire floor with only a sight of this group. Youngjin sighed; annoyed as she was the girl who hated so much attention. Some girls scoffed at the sight of Youngjin with the magnificent 7 boys.

“Are you okay?” Woori suddenly asked her, “Huh, yeah,” Youngjin answered as she stretched but as she stretched her arms, she suddenly hit Sungjong’s face. She quickly faced him, only to see him crouched down on the floor with his hands covering his face. They were still on the first floor and the other students who had seen this, gasped. “S-sungjong-ah, a-are you okay?” Youngjin’s voice wavered as she prodded him, with a slight shake to his shoulder.

She tried to pull his hands away from his face but he wouldn’t budge. “Sungjong, I’m sorry,” she said, worried. Sungjong slowly lifted his head slowly then glared at Youngjin. “Ahh, you’re dead meat. I accidentally elbowed his face before and he almost killed me. I couldn’t sleep for days,” Sungyeol said. “I’m sorry,” she apologized once more as she grinned sheepishly.

Sungjong got up without taking his sight from Youngjin. His aura changed and she could feel it. The diva boy’s usual happy expression was replaced by what it seemed like trouble. But the sheepish grin wouldn’t leave Youngjin’s face.

He cracked his knuckles and Youngjin got that he was really serious. She rummaged something in her pocket. As fast as lighting, Sungjong swung a punch but Youngjin dodged it just in time. “Whoa,” Youngjin muttered. The crowd didn’t expect it. Infinite and Woori didn’t.

Sungjong didn’t stop, he continued sending punches but Youngjin dodged them, as she still rummaged her pocket. It was absolutely multi-tasking. “Aish,” she cursed under her breath. Infinite except for Myungsoo tried to hold him back.

Finally. Youngjin thought as she found what she was looking for. She took out a lemon flavored candy. She waved it in front of Sungjong. With the sight of the candy, Sungjong stopped. “Do you want it?” she asked as she waved the candy near his face, to which the diva boy’s eyes followed the candy. He then nodded. “You’ll stop attacking me?” Sungjong nodded again. The rest just stood there, watching the girl taming the awakened beast.

Youngjin handed the candy to Sungjong, who ate the candy. Sooner, Sungjong went back to his normal self. Seeing this, Youngjin spoke, “See you later,” and then she walked ahead. It was quite unusual for Youngjin to say goodbye’s to anyone. She would just leave if she wanted to. “Bye bye,noona!” Sungjong waved. “We’ll see you later,” Woori said. Myungsoo gave a tapped Sungyeol’s arm; and Woori and he caught up with Youngjin. The rest of Infinite watched the 3 walk away.

“Tell me, Youngjin’s getting closer to us, huh?” Sunggyu spoke to which the others agreed. Their lips curled up into a smile. But… a pair of envy eyes was watching them. She walked away.

 

The nights grew longer and the days grew shorter. Youngjin sighed as she had no luck in finding a new job. Every night, she would go out to look for a job and come back very late. She was obviously having sleepless nights because of this. Oh, how the bags under her eyes started to be visible and the rest had noticed this.

Youngjin and Woori were in the washroom, washing their hands. “Ugh,” Youngjin was annoyed. “Waeyo?” Woori asked. “I still can’t find a job and we’re running out of money,” Youngjin sighed. “Ey, Don’t worry. I’ll help you out,” “Oh! THANK YOUUUUUUUUU!” Youngjin hugged Woori tight, which was again a new side of Youngjin. Just like a child, that was how she appeared like.”Aigoo, you look like a kid,” Woori said. The 2 went out of the comfort room and after that, someone went out of a stall with an evil smile plastered on her face. Youngjin was oblivious to what the girl was coming up with.

There had been a new student in the class but Youngjin was asleep so she didn’t know. She doesn’t even know the names of half of her classmates, even less of the class. It’s not in her nature in making friends and not meeting with people. For her, it was troublesome, a tiring thing to do. Some people would just be friendly to a new person in a community (like in school) just to have more people with them and be popular.

Lunch time came and as usual, Woori and Youngjin were eating with Infinite. Youngjin still had the same cold expression to other people but to Infinite, they had grown accustomed to this. Although, they were still hoping for that one day she would be less cold.

 These days, Infinite had been living a peaceful life. They weren’t fighting anymore. Not because the other gangs had been peaceful and Teen Top was at the top maintaining the place; but because finally they realized that they can be happy and have fun even if they’re not a gang.

“Yah, who wants to go out this Sunday?” Sungyeol suddenly asked as he raised his hand. The rest did too except for Youngjin. “Ah, noona. Why?” Sungjong asked. “I’m busy,” she answered quickly but calmly. “Aww,” Sungjong said. “Mianhe,” Youngjin said which surprised the others. “Eo, Did she just…” but Sungyeol wasn’t able to finish and Hoya did it for him. “Say sorry?” The others gasped which was obviously exaggerated. Youngjin glared at them and they only grinned sheepishly.

In the midst of their lunch, a pair of eyes was burning holes into them but the group was too busy playing around to notice it. “Ah! Noona, why can’t you go this Saturday?” Sungjong asked. She needed to think fast. She knew there would be a long interrogation about this. “I need to do something,” she answered. “What’s that something?” he asked again, determined to know what Youngjin would be doing this Saturday. “I don’t feel like repeating what I said,” “Tell us,” “No,” “Why?” “Why do you want to know?” “Because I just want to,” “Then, I want to not answer you,” she said, finishing the interrogation. “Aish, how cold!” Sungjong muttered under his breath. Sungyeol comforted him. “Just kidding. I need to find a job,” Youngjin answered.

“Job? You worked?” Sunggyu asked. “You don’t know?” she replied, to which the other 5 boys shook their heads. “I thought you knew,” “We don’t,” “Now, you know,” Youngjin said and Woori laughed.

Lunch ended and everyone went back to their respective classrooms. Youngjin went to her seat and was about to sleep when suddenly a girl approached her. “Hello,” the girl said with what seemed to be a warm smile. She was beautiful; any boy would fall for her. Youngjin just stared at her; the girl’s face was oddly familiar like she had seen this face before. Getting no response, “Ah, My name is Seunghee,” she said again with that smile. Where could have she seen this face? Youngjin asked herself. Now that she knew her name, Youngjin nodded as a sign of the greeting and then rested her head on the table, ignoring the girl. “I hope we can become good friends!” the girl, named Seunghee, said and then went back to her seat.

Since Myungsoo was seated in front of Youngjin, he saw and heard everything. Not that he was an eavesdropper. It’s just that he wanted to see how this lady of his interest would interact with other people. “Ey, you’re so mean,” he poked Youngjin’s cheek. “What did I do now?” she asked. “That girl was trying to be friendly and you were so cold to her,” he teased. “She interrupted my supposed-to-be sleep,” she answered and slapped Myungsoo’s finger. He laughed through his nose, obviously amused by the girl’s actions and answer.

 


Annyeooooooooooooong! Finally updated after 9876543210 years! How was it??? HOW WAS IT. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS. OHYEAH, NEW SUBSCRIBIES, THANK YOUUUU!

I HAVE NOTHING MUCH TO SAY EXCEPT TO APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING SO LONG AND OF MY UPDATES ARE GETTING BORING. PLEASE TELL ME IF IT DOES. AND THANK YOU FOR WAITING :DDDDDDDDDDD