CHAPTER 10

Let me, ruin your life too.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Jeongyeon massaged her temple. She's getting tired watching Mina walking back & forth in front of her.

Mina’s been impatiently calling someone through the phone, but the person seems to be busy to answer her. Jeongyeon  checked the time on her watch, they might be late for the party if they continue to wait like this but Mina still needs to deal with something right now.

“Finally! Dad!” Mina whines, meaning the phone call finally connected after so many tries. “What the hell is this now? Who is this woman you sent me this time?” Mina madly asked, side-eyeing the woman who just suddenly came earlier when they were about to leave.

‘You told me you didn’t like the bodyguard I sent you the last time because you felt uneasy with him being a man watching you 24/7. So, I thought sending a woman would be better instead.’ Mina’s dad answered. Mina even gets infuriate hearing that. She looked at the woman, standing straight with her hands on her back waiting silently like a soldier.

“Dad…” Mina sighs shaking her head, walks away going outside the balcony so the unknown woman won’t hear their conversation. “I told you I don’t need bodyguard. I can take care of myself and I have my three managers with me. They are enough for me already.” She complains, already getting tired of this scenario.

‘Yes, you do.’ Her dad refuted clearly, and right now Mina already knew she wouldn’t be able to refuse her dad anymore. ‘Not like your managers you can use her whenever you want. And you should be glad. I just sent you the best bodyguard I had for six years. She’s quick, smart, and strong enough to protect you. Don’t try to fire her this time, okay?’

And that’s how the conversation ended. Mina couldn’t even argue more knowing it will just take long by her dad still winning in the end. She came back inside, looking at the woman first before she turned to Jeongyeon.  

Jeongyeon knew, Mina needs help. She exhales, standing up and started to wear her tuxedo. She hates wearing dress.

“Deal with her later, Mina. We need to go.” She said as Mina finally remembers about the party. Mina immediately excuses herself, running to her room to get her stuffs. Jeongyeon then took that chance to take a proper look at Mina’s new bodyguard, nodding since the woman was dressed just fine for the party wearing a proper black suit.

“Guess we can take you with us. So at least your effort on coming here won’t be wasted. We don’t know, we might actually needed you tonight. You can drive, right?” Jeongyeon gave her car keys to the woman. The woman then respectfully extended her hand to get the keys.

“Yes Ma’am. I have my license with me. And I can assure you with my smooth driving skills, Miss…?” The woman hissed, waiting for Jeongyeon to continue and introduce herself because the woman actually has no idea who Jeongyeon is.

Jeongyeon chuckled understanding it, handing her hand to the bodyguard for a proper greeting.

“Yoo Jeongyeon. I live with your boss so we’ll probably see each other often.” She introduced first, “How about you? What is your name? Sorry, I didn’t heard you introducing yourself earlier.” And asked back waiting for the girl to accept her handshake.

The other though only stared at Jeongyeon’s hand.

For this woman, all wealthy people are just the same. From her experience, not everyone is willing to offer their hand, or even to ask for a name of a mere bodyguard like her. So right now, she’s surprised by this kind gesture Jeongyeon is giving her. She hesitated, but still looked up sharing a light smile as she accepts the hand that is offering to her.

 

“Park Jihyo.”

 

 

 

It was such a big event for an announcement. Momo thought as she’s looking down watching from the second floor. People she didn’t know just keeps coming. Female celebrities and other famous personalities were almost gathered together wearing such beautiful dresses and uncomfortable high heels. Even so, Momo can’t help but felt envy just by looking at them.

“They look so pretty. This is a party for me but I can’t even wear one of the dresses I designed.” She can only scoffs on herself, holding tight on her walking stick which is now her biggest insecurity.

“Excuse me, Ms. Sharon…” A staff suddenly came, good way to disturb her feeling envious watching her guests below. She smiles, raised her eyebrows giving permission for the staff to continue.

“A person named Chou Tzuyu was looking for you. She said she’s a close friend of yours so I lead her to your room. She’s waiting for you there right now.” The staff informed, as she then checked her watch. The runway show she prepared for her newly designed clothes will start almost twenty minutes from now, but she’s still not seeing her.

“Please tell her to wait for a few minutes. I’m still waiting for…” Momo halted, face immediately twitches on finally seeing the one she’s been waiting for. Her jaw clenches, grinning in fake seeing how much people immediately runs to this person as she made her grand entrance.

“Everybody really knows you now.” She whispered, already burning inside though she’s barely seeing her.

“Ms. Sharon?” The staffs call in confuse. Momo smiles forgetting her madness. She then shook her head to the staff.

“Sorry. You don’t need to tell her that. I’m going there now.”

Momo made her way, now want to fully focus on the party first. Momo noticed how many people keeps looking at her that’s making her uncomfortable. Momo’s thinking, they’re probably wondering what a limping woman could be doing there in this kind of event. But later on, they will be surprised after learning she’s actually the one who invited them. The CEO of NORAH*S Clothing Line which is one of the biggest brands in the world right now.

 

“Finally, Sharon!” Momo couldn’t even enter first as Tzuyu quickly greeted her. “We’ve been waiting for you.” Tzuyu immediately approaches Momo closer, and that made the other girl behind to finally see Momo on the entrance. Momo instantly met her eyes, while it took a few seconds before this girl recognized her.

It was Sana. Now, with her eyes widening getting so confused right now. Sana couldn’t even move, just staring at her girlfriend being so close to Momo.

“Sharon, there she is. Sana. My girlfriend.” Tzuyu already introduces while carefully dragging Momo closer to her girlfriend. “Pretty, right? She’s prettier than those photos you have seen before, am I right?” Momo chuckled on Tzuyu proudly bragging her girlfriend. She took a proper look on Sana, scoffs in hide noticing Sana’s even wearing her brand right now.

Sana though, didn’t know how to react right now. She can’t even take a proper look on Momo. She still can’t figure out what is happening right now. She felt like maybe her eyes were betraying her again but when Momo gave a warm smile, it made her gave a second of flashback because it was certainly, the same smile Momo used to share with her before. She almost wanted to run as Tzuyu put Momo in front of her, seeing her closer that is making her insane for no reason.

“Sana, say hi to her. This is Sharon. The one that I’ve been mentioning to you. She’s the one who invited us here. And later at the big announcement, you’ll know who she is.” Tzuyu widely grins, excited for her girlfriend to know about it later especially her girlfriend was actually a big fan of NORAH’S.

“O-Oh…H-Hi. It’s nice to meet you.” Sana managed to get herself, hardly mouthing that after feeling Tzuyu’s stares on her. For now, she doesn’t want to believe that this person they were calling Sharon, was really the person Mina has been waiting for a decade. It can’t be. She hopes she’s really wrong.

Momo. They weren’t close. No. Sana wasn’t fond on Momo since then. She always hated… how comfortable Momo is being close with her cousin when she’s not one of them. Sana always thinks highly on herself, and Momo’s aware by that actually. Reason why they never got close even by knowing each other for so long. Only Mina was the reason they know each other. And Sana then learned Momo, only shares that wistful smile with her like the way Momo’s smiling at her right now.

“We’ve met again.”

Sana almost got choke. Confused as hell. She didn’t expect Momo to say that straight, especially it seems like she’s acting like she’s a different person right now. Sana’s trying to read Momo, but she just can’t figure it out when Momo was just innocently smiling at her.

“Again? What do you mean? You two have met before already?” Tzuyu asked being puzzled, looking back and forth at the two. She’s of course, clueless of what’s happening right now.

“Yes.” Momo casually admitted. She suddenly leveled her face to Sana who quickly avoided backward by her sudden action. Momo almost laugh, but gulped it instead.

“I think I’ve really seen her before?” Momo added questioning herself, still acting like she was trying to check on Sana’s face closely. Sana couldn’t move a bit, gulping nonstop while Momo is currently loving this. Tormenting one person of Mina’s life.

“At the airport, remember?” Momo playfully uttered and Sana instantly remembers that moment. “She mistaken me from someone. But at that time, I didn’t recognized her of course. It’s my first time seeing her after all.” Momo stated, while Sana was more focused on being able to breathe properly again when Momo finally pulled her face away from hers.

“Someone? Who?” Tzuyu was just really confused. Tzuyu noticed Sana seems to be acting weird. She just can’t figure out why.

“N-No one.” Sana answered forcing a smile. “Just someone I know from highschool.” Sana didn’t know why she’s lying. She just feels like she need to. Tzuyu though frowned, was about to ask for more when someone they know entered the room, madly scolding someone that completely disrupted their attentions.

“Nayeon Unnie, what happened? What’s wrong?” Tzuyu quickly asked, and that’s when only Nayeon saw them gathered together. Nayeon quickly tried read the room, seeing Momo unexpectedly facing someone from her past which is Sana. Nayeon eyes conversing with Momo, trying to check if everything is alright then got answered by Momo tilting her head smirking.

“Tzuyu-ah, good thing you’re here.” Nayeon ignores them and shifted her attention Tzuyu instead. “Yuna is currently missing. This person we hired to look after her lost her before the show even started. I asked some of them to look for her already but I think it wasn’t enough. Can you please help me find her?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter