Dust in the wind

Defying gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Scratching his eyebrow, Nicolai said after a long silence:

______ After spending a lot of time and money on the study of both species' DNA, I came to the conclusion that vampires and werewolves will become instinct in a few years. Maybe a couple of centuries.

_____ So why do you need help to die?_____ Solar asked with irony.

 _____ I'm from the past. I'm made of a different constitution. And you two, you are different from the others too.

______ Yeah, right._____ Moonbyul rolled her eyes.

______ It's true. Besides having a lot in common with your ancestor, you went through some sort of evolution when the queen bit you. The same happened to her when you bit her. I dare say that nobody is stronger than any of you. But...____ The gray-haired male sighed.

 _____ But what, old man? Stop making suspense. _____ The stunning brunette mumbled.

 ______ This power will die with you. Byul-Yi can probably get pregnant with your child. The baby will be practically a human though._____ Nicolai explained.

The couple exchanged a look filled with tenderness and the werewolf smiled:

 ______ Not so bad.

______ Yeah. Babies should have peace to be just...babies._____ The black-haired one smiled.

The man also smiled and murmured:

______ My kid was amazing. Neither powerless nor a best. Just full of love.

Sighing, Solar questioned:

______ Anything else we should know?

Nicola hesitated before confessing:

 _____ I manipulated a virus in a lab. And sponsored a small group to contaminate the council. So...most of your direct enemies must be perishing soon.

______ Why though? _____ The queen didn't seem surprised 

______ They stained our reputation. And most were connected to horrible acts.

 ______ What about werewolves? Why didn't you punish them?_____ Moonbyul sounded irritated?

_____ Because you already did. Your uncle and his clan were the strongest and most disgusting types. No other of your species can overpower you. No matter how many times you refuse the role of a leader, this is part of your nature. Some young ones will need guidance. If any of you two change your mind, there are tons of diaries written by me on that shelf. You're free to take them.

Solar pulled Moonbyul closer to her chest and they kept silent while feeling each other's warmth.

The vampire could feel the cocktail of emotions in her lover's soul and their minds were completely connected.

Nicolai left them alone and went to the kitchen to prepare a meal.

The ancient vampire enjoyed the flavor of food despite not needing it.

Hours later, the gray-haired male asked if the couple would like to shower and showed them a comfortable bedroom with a nice bathroom.

There were female clothes too and he told them that he had bought them the day before.

The trio ate in silence until Moonbyul lost her temper because she felt that the man was staring.

______ Why do you keep looking? 

______ I'm sorry. It's just...You really look like Angelus in so.

many aspects. Especially when you're angry._____ The vampire had a bittersweet smile.

The blonde growled and her eyes turned green and her pupils expanded before taking the shape of a cat's.

______ Byul-Yi...______ Solar tried to interfere.

______ It's okay. She doesn't plan to hurt me._____ Nicolai patted the queen's hand.

_____ His eyes didn't change again after becoming green, right?

_____ No. I think this is the effect of your final mutation. You know, your body adapted to Solar's bite.

_____ How do you like it?______ Moonbyul smiled and showed her vampire's teeth.

_____ You're so sassy! My love was like this too._____ Nicolai laughed and sighed.

The skinny girl spoke with her woman through their minds and then the 500-year-old vampire asked the man:

_____ If we do help you, what happens to your body?

_____ After studying our bodies' compositions for so long, I believe it will turn into ashes.

_____ And what would you like us to do to it?_____ The young werewolf questioned:

______ I'd love to be dust in the wind. Just throw me anywhere you like it.

The brunette considered some things before asking:

______ Would it work with us too? I mean...Would Byul be able to end my misery and vice-versa?

 _____ I don't think so. You see...you both need to bite me at the same time to cause a real impact on my body. And to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that it will be lethal._____ The male shrugged.

_____ But you wanna try it anyway..._____ The handsome one questioned already knowing the answer.

______ Yes. If you can...

______ Nicolai, do you believe in some kind of heaven or other life where we meet the ones we care about? You know, something like humans do._____ Moonbyul got curious.

The gray-haired male grinned and slowly nodded:

_____ I do. I sure do. It's what helped me keep getting up every morning for the last 900 years.

Solar caressed her lover's hand and they mentally agreed to do what the vampire wanted.

_____ I hope you find the path you've been dreaming of, Nicolai.

______ I appreciate that. Thank you.

______ Are you ready?_____ The queen asked the ancient vampire.

______ More than ever.

The werewolf and her lover stood up and leaned closer to the male's neck.

Solar and Moonbyul bite him at the same time and tears rolled down their cheeks because Nicolai emitted gratitude, relief, and longing for his Angelus until his heart finally stopped beating.

The gray-haired ancient didn't become ashes and the blonde thought that they should burn him on the top of the mountain to honor him.

Solar carried the vampire and the skinny girl gathered some twigs to make a fire.

But then, they got totally shocked when Nicolai finally turned into dust the minute his body was placed on the pile of wood.

Moonbyul hadn't lit the fire yet. So they realized that the old man was right about his studies.

Solar proposed that they locked the place and thought about what to do with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter