The beginning and the end

Defying gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The couple left the mansion after midnight and they used their powers to get to the mountain at a faster pace.

The moon was hidden by some clouds but their eyes were ready to see through the darkness.

When they got to the other side, Moonbyul smelled a different scent before they heard someone coming.

Some bushes were pushed and a door got visible to them.

Solar heard the man speaking through his mouth instead of using their minds this time.

______ Welcome to my domains. You may come inside without worries. I won't harm any of you.

The blonde also heard his distant voice and exchanged a look of doubt with her lover.

The 500-year-old vampire opened the door and encouraged the werewolf to cross it.

The was warm and ancient. However, it was possible to notice some touches of modernity.

Moonbyul smelled the male before he showed himself and she felt like when she was a baby and her father held her in his arms.

It was strange to have that memory because the girl could rarely have any.

The gray-haired one stared at the 24-year-old and Solar thought that there were tears in his eyes.

______ I've been waiting to meet you for centuries._____ He spoke with tenderness.

______ How could you? Can you see the future?_____ The brunette asked with a skeptical tone.

The mysterious male laughed out loud before saying:

______ You remind me of myself in my early years. So fierce and cynical. 

______ Is this supposed to be a compliment or...?

Shaking his head, the male kept a smile while pointing at a comfortable couch.

______ Please have a seat. We need to have a long talk.

______ A real talk or more like a monologue?_____ The handsome girl questioned.

Looking at her with curiosity, the gray-haired one smiled again.

______, Of course, you'll have the chance to ask anything.

______ We've already started. How about you answer my first one?_____ The queen interrupted him.

Sighing, Nikolai glanced at Solar again.

______ Impatience is my biggest flaw too, Queen Solar. But I don't think your first question was about my ability to see the future.

The gorgeous female gave him a puzzled gaze and he responded with a joyful smirk:

______ You've been wondering who I am. Isn't this the biggest question?

______ Just leave our minds alone and make this visit useful, old man.______ Moonbyul growled.

Nicola softened his expression again and murmured:

______ Your eyes become green whenever you're experiencing emotions regarding the ones you care about. Just like him...

_____ Him?______ Both women asked with a confused expression.

Patting his own legs, the ancient male declared:

______ It's a long story. And I'm old. So my line of thoughts may sound a bit confusing. Forgive me in advance.

______ I'm just waiting that you answer any question._____ The brunette mumbled.

He laughed again and replied:

_____ Don't worry. I will answer all of your questions.

_____ So start by saying who is the person you were referring to.______ Moonbyul gritted her teeth.

Nicolai suddenly got sad and murmured:

_____ The love of my life. Your ancestor Angelus. I guess we can say he was your great-grandparent.

______ I beg your pardon???_____ The couple exclaimed in unison.

The gray-haired male smiled.

______ You thought you were the only couple formed by a vampire and a werewolf, huh? 

______ How do you even know we are a couple?_____ Solar was getting upset.

______ I know most things. I have spies everywhere. And that chip your people implanted in you, Byul-YI...I hacked their system.

______ But why? What's your interest in all that? Damn, I'm getting annoyed by the minute._____ The blonde clenched her fist.

The ancient male exhaled before speaking:

_____ Okay. I think it's going to be easier if I let you visit my memories. But first, you need some context.

______ Context?______ The black-haired one raised her eyebrow.

 ______ Yes. The books are filled with lies. The first of our species was a werewolf. They were powerful and witty. One of them( my great-great-grandfather) was thirsty for power and tried experiments on himself. He failed at getting stronger and accidentally changed too much. He was the original vampire.

______ Are you saying that vampires and werewolves are related?______ Moonbyul was in shock.

______ Yes and No. Nowadays there are two completely different species. But as I said, a werewolf made a vampire. First, accidentally going through a mutation. Then, he got hungry and bit humans. Finally, he killed some of his own species. One of the first werewolves who survived also attacked humans. Then, a couple of humans turned into what became a vampire like you, Solar. Your ancestors were forged by the DNA of 3 species.

_____ That's...unbelievable...So are you partially human too?

 _____ No. After years of self-study, my DNA tests showed 99,9999% traits of a vampire. And that tiny part that is lef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter