Find a Place Somewhere Else

Teach Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They stopped at the drugstore to buy instant ice packs for Seulgi. When they arrived home, she took a long shower and wore the most comfortable pajamas she had. While she waited for the ice packs to get cold in the freezer, she had dinner and soon her friends called her through facetime.

“What's up!”

“How's our champion?”

“How do you guys know?”

“Yerim posted a picture on her Instagram.”

“Of me?!”

“Yeah, girl… Didn't you see it?”

“Not really. How bad is it?”

“It's not bad…” Wendy started.

“Look at this!” Irene sent a screenshot on the group chat.

“Oh my God, I'm gonna kill Yerim.” The first picture was nice, actually. It was her at the Heian Yondan after applying a Mae Geri (frontal kick), where she stands in Kosa Dachi and applies an attack with the back of her hand, and shouts her kiai. 

But the other ones were from her drinking water, and standing like a statue outside the mat waiting for her turn.

“It's not bad, Seulgi!” Irene protested, while Wendy laughed. “I really liked them, especially the first one.”

“Yeah, you’re pretty, unnie.” 

“Thanks.” She giggled as she straightened her back against the bed frame.

“But seriously, how are you?”

“Bad news.” 

“What now? Did you break your leg?”

“I did not break it but I injured it.”

“Oh my God, Seulgi. What happened?”

“It's a… it's a thing on my knee, I'm gonna need some physical therapy sessions and…”

Wendy's mom interrupted what she was saying from the other line, yelling for Wendy's name, and she yelled back. “I'm coming! Give me five minutes!”

“Is everything alright?” 

“Yeah, she just wants me to do the dishes. Before I go… besides your knee, did everything go well?”

“I think Sooyoung is mad at me?” She answered, unsure. “But go help her, I'll tell you everything later.”

“Stay safe, unnie~” She sent kisses through the phone. “I love you both.”

“I love you too!” Irene said, before she hung up on the call. “So, tell me about Sooyoung.”

“A while ago she told me to take it easy with training, because I was doing it every single day. But I didn't want to listen and acted rude with her.”

“How rude?”

“She told me to rest and I said something like 'don't tell me what to do, how stupid'. And she got upset right away.”

“Well, I would too. The girl was worried about you and you called it stupid.”

“But…”

“But, nothing. There was no reason for you to get mad and be rude.”

“I needed to train, Irene.”

“You are the best at what you do.” Seulgi looked away. “But, that was days ago. What happened today?”

“The same thing.”

“Could you elaborate on that? I wasn't there to know.”

“My leg was already shaking and my knee was aching from the start, and it only got worse as I performed. My Sensei noticed and told me not to do what I was planning to do. I got mad, pointed my finger at him, acted rude again and did it anyway.”

“It was at that moment you knew, you ed up.” She played, but that was exactly what happened.

“Yep. I got off of the mat crying with pain and a physical therapist took a look at the problem. My Sensei didn’t even look at me after that.”

“And Sooyoung?”

“The same. I tried to talk to her but she ignored me and said she was upset.”

“Understandable.”

“What should I do?”

“Give her some time, like a week or so, and then try to apologize again. I mean… to talk to her.”

“Will do. Thanks, Baechu.”

“You’re welcome. But go put some ice on your knee now.”

“Okay… Talk to you later! Love you~”

“Love you too!”

The week passed by slowly. Seulgi's dad would drive her to the physical therapy early in the morning when he could, and on Friday she had to do this alone. Yerim even mentioned skipping her first morning class to go with her, but that would never happen.

Until then, Sooyoung didn't send any messages to her, but she knew she did send them to Yerim, asking how she was. Seulgi missed Sooyoung so much, she couldn't wait for a text. 

“Dad, Sooyoung just sent me a message asking if I can go to her house today, can I?”

“Right now? Isn't she at training? It's Friday.”

“Yeah, it just ended… Can I?” She insisted, shrugging her shoulders and hiding her sweaty hands inside her pockets.

“To stay for dinner?” He looked over his shoulder at Yerim who gave him thumbs up. “Alright.” 

“Thank you, I'm calling for a drive!” She walked back to her room to change clothes while waiting for the car, and her sister got in.

“I know she didn't send you anything.” Yerim whispered, holding the door’s knob and pointing a finger at her. “But, she misses you a lot and told me she wants to talk to you, though she doesn't know how.”

“Yup, I'm going there to talk.” 

“If she says something, please, listen to her. Don't be a stubborn idiot.” And Yerim left the room, closing the door behind her.

Seulgi knew she was right and didn't complain about the words she used to describe her. She dressed quickly, taking Sooyoung's hoodie with her to give it back, hoping to get another one with a stronger perfume, because that one was already gone by how often she wore and sniffed it.

The trip to Sooyoung's house seemed to take forever, and the silence in the uber's car didn't help at all. Mrs. Park was the one who opened the door for her.

“Hi, Seulgi… How nice to see you. What are you doing here? Sooyoung didn't mention that you were coming.” The woman had her dark hair tied up in a bun, showing where Sooyoung got her ears from.

“Actually, she doesn't know. We had an argument last week and I came to talk to her and apologize for my behavior.”

“Alright, alright.” She moved to the side, so Seulgi could pass and get in. “She's in the shower, just got back from training. You can wait in her bedroom.”

“Thank you. The smell of the food is delicious, by the way.”

“Hey, Seulgi!” Mr. Park waved from the kitchen and smiled. “I am making dinner,” emphasis on I, as it seemed he was trying to show off his culinary givetes with a yellow knife in hand, “I hope you can stay to eat with us!”

“Ah, me too…” She walked to the stairs and got startled by Haetnim laying on the floor, she kneeled down and carefully caressed a spot behind her ear. “Hi, hello.”

The dog had eyes closed in appreciation for the gentle touch, then walked down the stairs. Seulgi slowly opened Sooyoung's door and closed it right away, without making any noise, and stood up in the middle of her room, waiting for the other to leave the shower. She was too embarrassed and insecure to sit on her bed or chair without the owner's permission.

Sooyoung didn't take long to leave the bathroom, as she turned off the shower right after Seulgi joined the room, and made an airy noise while blow drying her hair. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter