Raspberry Beret Outside the Mat

Teach Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“, Yerim! You scared me.”

“I scared you? Sorry.” She closed the door behind her. “Who is she? You didn't even tell me about anyone.”

“Because she's no one.”

“Don't lie to me like that.”

“Yerim…”

“I know you, Kang Seulgi.”

“Because we are cousins, Kim Yerim.” She hugged her sideways. “Yes, the training was awesome, thank you for asking.”

“Ahh, you are lucky it wasn't your dad.” Seulgi frowned her eyebrows.

“Why? She just kissed me on the cheek.” 

“Yeah, as if you didn't like it in a different way.” She exhaled, dramatically. “Anyways, go shower to help me with dinner.”

Seulgi forgot about that, she was stinking. She ran to her room, taking the hoodie off fast, praying that her bad smell didn't get stuck to the clothing, and left it open on her bed. She took a warm shower, trying really hard not to think about what Sooyoung did. Ran back to the kitchen, kissing her dad and Yerim on the cheek before washing her hands to help.

When she went to sleep, she held Sooyoung's hoodie with her. The smell was so good, what could she do? It felt like a baby's perfume. She wondered what Sooyoung smelled like when she wasn't sweating from training. She ended up falling asleep full of those weird thoughts.

 

---🥋---

 

The first thing she saw when she got to the dojo was a happy Sooyoung, waiting for her by the door. “Hello, princess.”

“Sooyoung.”

“Did you bring my hoodie?”

“Oh, !” Seulgi slapped her forehead, pretending... “No, I didn't. I'm so sorry I forgot.”

“Mhm, alright.” She looked back to the gym. “Take good care of it, yes? It's my favorite one.”

“Let's get going, girls!” Dominic called, telling Seulgi to go change clothes.

Mondays were absolutely her favorite training day. There's nothing more powerful than training katas and actually doing it well. That's how Seulgi felt: powerful. And in fact, there wasn't anything funnier than seeing Sooyoung struggle and get mad over some stances. 

It was cleaning day again. And Seulgi, of course, wouldn't go home until she was done helping Sooyoung. She did the same on Friday, and on the next Monday. She couldn't help but feel anxious these days. She liked spending time with Sooyoung, she was a funny and smart girl. She was sweet, even with her flirty scenes and smirks. And absolutely annoying at the same time.

It was scary, though. Every minute she spent with Sooyoung, she felt like she was giving her space to get to know her, she was letting Sooyoung get closer. And Sooyoung loved it.

Seulgi was even smiling at her without turning her face around to hide it. “You are really pretty, you know that? I love it when you smile.” And she didn't know how to answer it. She knew Sooyoung was being truthful, and not a single thing she did or said seemed to be planned. She was spontaneous. 

“That's our last week together.” 

“Together?”

“Yeah, Friday is the last time I'll need to clean the Dojo by myself. With your help.” Seulgi giggled by the way Sooyoung said it.

“What a relief…”

“Don't say it like that. You like spending time with me.”

“Who told you that?”

“Your body did.”

"My body?” 

"Don't you like it... when I get close to you?” Sooyoung approached her from behind, Seulgi closed her eyes. She turned around to face Sooyoung. Bad idea, her eyes fell straight to her lips. “Don't you?” She got closer to her, but Seulgi pushed her by the shoulder, making the girl giggle. 

“, Sooyoung.”

“You don't need to be scared.”

Seulgi was expecting a kiss, truly. But Sooyoung was just too much. She expected Sooyoung to apologize for her behavior, but it didn’t seem like she was sorry. Instead, she just walked away and picked their backpacks. 

“Let's go.”

Seulgi murmured something inaudible, and passed through the door with an angry face, making Sooyoung laugh. “Do you want me to take you home?”

“No.” That's all she said.

Sooyoung was driving her insane, messing with her mind and playing with her feelings like that.

Sorry.... Feelings? Eh. No, erase that word.

 

---🥋---

 

“Do you want to go out with me?” Sooyoung asked, after they finished everything on Friday. 

“To do what?”

“I don't know... eat something?” She had puppy eyes. “Please…”

“I'm sorry, Sooyoung. It's something we need to decide with anticipation.” 

“Can I have your number, at least?”

“Sure.” Seulgi thought, regretting at the exact moment the girl handed her the phone, imagining how much Sooyoung would bother her with messages. But seeing how her eyes closed from the big smile she had on her face, Seulgi’s heart skipped a beat.

“Thank you. I'll send you a message.” She held her cheek by one side and placed a kiss on the other, winking at her before leaving. 

Seulgi received a message from an unknown number before going to sleep, she quickly saw it was Sooyoung and saved her contact.

 

Sooyoung: what's up, pretty girl?

 

Kang Seulgi: hey :)

 

Sooyoung: what about a picnic, Sunday?

 

Kang Seulgi: where?

 

Sooyoung: my house.

Sooyoung: we have a nice garden here, and my parents won't be home

 

Her parents wouldn't be home, just the two of them alone in her house.

 

Kang Seulgi: sure, what time?

 

Sooyoung: can you come at 3pm?

 

Kang Seulgi: sounds good. send me the address

 

Seulgi ended up finding out Sooyoung lived in the same street as their gym. Her house had two floors and was colored in light yellow, and seemed to be nice from the outside. Sooyoung opened the door for her. She was wearing grey sweatpants and a tight, black crop top. Part o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter