Attacking High

Teach Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung was crazy. What was the point of kissing her like that? Seulgi wasn't sure if she had red cheeks out of anger or for being flustered. That caught her off guard, she definitely didn't like that kind of proximity.

Sooyoung turned away and ran away, while Seulgi stood in place a little longer, until she snapped back to reality and left as well.

“How was training today?” Her dad asked, when she got home.

“Good.” That's all she said, heading to her bedroom to pick her pajamas and shower, leaving her dad with a blank face in the kitchen.

She wanted to send a message to her friends about it, to talk about Sooyoung. But she was sure they would mock her and make fun of the situation, whether it was weird or not. She even thought about skipping training next week. But, no, she had to go. Sooyoung could’ve done it to keep her away, to piss her off.

On the next day of class, Seulgi couldn't remember how to tie her belt, both ways, struggling in front of the mirror, knowing that someone could judge. She was nervous. 

“Do you need help with that, ma’am?” Seulgi got startled, Sooyoung came out of nowhere, touching her back. She moved away quickly.

“No, thank you.”

She got out of the bathroom and decided to wait for someone else to tie it, and she would watch and follow from afar. Sooyoung left the bathroom with her perfect uwagi, and perfectly tied belt. She stood next to Seulgi, tightening her belt just to show off, and bowed to the mat before getting on.

The class was all about katas, as they did every Monday. This time, Dominic told a brown belt to correct and guide the white belts by one side, while he had his eyes on the colored guys.

He made Seulgi stay in the front, this time. She walked to a corner to stay away from Sooyoung, but when the Sensei gave them a break to use the bathroom and drink water, Sooyoung drank her water quickly to come back to the mat just so he wouldn't notice that she switched places, staying next to Seulgi this time.

Sooyoung didn't act disrespectful at all, she stood in her place, didn't stare or touch Seulgi, neither accidentally. 

Seulgi always started and ended the kata on the exact same spot, and that's something she used to compare with the others, unintentionally. She noticed that Sooyoung didn't do the same, she should watch out for that. But Seulgi's not the Sensei, and none of them asked for corrections or help. Neither should she be someone to judge, the way she was doing with Sooyoung. Unintentionally. 

“Do you want me to take you home?” Sooyoung asked, again, when the class was over.

“You ain't going anywhere.” Dominic said, walking next to the girls. “It's Monday.”

“Ah, you're right... I'm sorry.” She said with a disappointed face, going back to the gym, Seulgi followed her with her eyes.

“Do you want a ride, Kang?” He asked, pulling his car up nearby.

She looked at him, and back to the gym, where she couldn't see Sooyoung anymore. “Not really, thank you!” He shrugged his shoulders and got inside the car, riding away.

She waited for his car to be out of sight to go back to the gym and help Sooyoung with the cleaning. “Same thing as last time?”

Sooyoung seemed surprised, she opened and closed a few times just to say “Sure!”. She already had the broom in hand, and Seulgi waited patiently for her to finish sweeping everything.

She wasn't wearing her uniform anymore, no more long and white sleeves and pants to cover her body. Instead, she had changed to a tight black t-shirt and jean shorts. Seulgi thought about the kiss she stole last week, but snapped it off when Sooyoung called for her help. She wouldn't talk about it so soon, but she was still uncomfortable.

It was exhausting to sweep all of that mats, and to do it twice was even worse. Once they were done, they put everything in place and stood there to take a deep breath. 

Sooyoung put hands on her hips. She had a slim body, long and pretty legs. Her arms were strong. She turned around to take a look at the mat, and lifted the bottom of her t-shirt to dry her sweat from her forehead. 

Seulgi got flustered, daring to wonder what her covered body-parts looked like.

“Thank you, for helping me again.”

“It's nothing. As long as you stop bothering me, asking to take me home...” Sooyoung shrugged her lips and nodded. Seulgi took a deep breath and tried to ease the uncomfortable situatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter