It's Time to Party and Forget About Karate Techniques

Teach Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You think she's coming?”

Seulgi was at Irene's room with her, Wendy, and Yerim. They decided to invite the little one too after discussing with Seulgi about it, because she was ‘still’ eighteen and she knew there was going to be alcohol in the party.

But they arrived at 4pm, and their father told Yerim to come back at 8, when Seulgi could stay until late. 

Seulgi was staring at the window, waiting for more people to arrive even though the time combined was an hour from there.

“Of course she is, you invited her. And she told you she's coming.”

“See?” Irene stopped curling Wendy’s hair and turned around to face Seulgi. “Even your cousin knows what's up.”

“Hey, what does that mean? It's totally obvious.”

“We know, Yerim. But Seulgi doesn't.”

“Can yall shut up?”

“Geez, calm down.”

The girls went downstairs to the TV room to prepare everything while they waited for the other people to arrive. Seulgi was spacing out, playing with a loose strain of her ripped jeans, and Wendy noticed. She picked Seulgi by the hand and went back to her girlfriend’s bedroom, leaving Yerim and Irene behind in the kitchen.

“What is it now?”

“We need to find something else for you to wear.” Wendy answered, busy, looking for something that would fit Seulgi.

“What's wrong with denim?”

“Oh? Nothing, nothing…” It sounded more like a whisper to herself that got followed by a deep breath. She turned around with two different skirts in hands: a black one and a white one. The group of friends was more than used to one stealing the other’s clothes.

“Skirts?”

“What's wrong?”

“I just… I don't know.”

“Do you feel uncomfortable with that? Is something wrong?”

She appreciated the concern, smiled and threw herself into Irene's bed. “Actually I do feel uncomfortable.”

Wendy scratched her chin, thinking about what could fit Seulgi better on that special day and that would still make her feel comfortable. “You trust me, don't you?”

Believe it or not, but Wendy was the most charismatic friend of the group. She was always around to cheer her friends up and always worried, taking care of everyone in her own way. 

Seulgi was almost the same age as her, but Wendy would still hug and pat her like a kid. She did the same with Irene and Yerim, and Seulgi was glad. 

When Wendy hugged them, it looked like the last hug they would ever give. Holding her friends' body so tight, giving all the love she could. Yeah, those were the warmest.

“I do.”

“Then wear this! And…” She turned to her closet once again, finding a nice piece for Seulgi. “This one. You shouldn't wear yellow tonight. You look way too old!”

Wendy left the bedroom so her friend could be comfortable with dressing up, letting her know that she would look good.

Seulgi wore the pants first, then the t-shirt. 

The pants were dark black and a bit tight to her body, the waist was high enough. The grey t-shirt was a bigger size than hers (and Irene's) on purpose to make it look loosen, so she tucked it inside her pants. She was wearing her favorite pair of plaid print sneakers, but that didn't seem to please her that much.

“Meh. I'll probably end up taking them off, anyways.”

When Seulgi opened the door, she heard a different laugh coming from the TV room, along with her friends. She ran downstairs, excited to see Sooyoung.

There she was, sitting on a chair while laughing with the other girls. Her cheeks were so puffy, making her eyes disappear, while denying with her head to something Irene had said.

But as soon as she noticed Seulgi on the back, her eyes focused on her only, ignoring what the others were saying. She got up, fixing her hair and hiding her hands inside the jacket's pockets. Sooyoung was wearing a simple yellow t-shirt, and nice denim pants that matched her jacket, held by a black belt. Seulgi noticed a light makeup on her face.

“Seulgi.”

“Hi, Sooyoung.”

The two stared at each other for long seconds. Sooyoung had eyes running from head to toes, and Seulgi got too shy at some point, where Sooyoung's eyes met hers, because she knew the girl was appreciating her body. They have seen each other before, of course. But it felt different without the sweatpants and uwagi, dressing up to please the others' eyes. 

Still, Sooyoung thought she was always pretty no matter how she was dressed. And Seulgi thought the same.

“Are we interrupting something?” Yerim asked.

“Excuse me?”

Yerim got up and walked towards Seulgi. She stopped right in front of her and held her by the shoulder, before walking away. “You blushed so hard, you should have seen it. You literally look like a teenager.”

Sooyoung sat back in the chair and got up right away when Seulgi got closer to compliment her. They hugged, and Sooyoung had to close her eyes to appreciate the touch. Irene and Wendy smiled at each other when they saw it.

“I missed you, Kang.”

“We saw each other yesterday.”

“And now a girl can't be emotional?” Seulgi chuckled.

“Turns out me and Sooyoung here have met already.” Wendy held her by the shoulder and they shared a fist bump.

“What do you mean?”

“We studied together, for… I don't know, a few months?”

“A short time, I know. But we were best friends.”

Irene and Sooyoung started a conversation with Yerim soon, and Wendy pulled Seulgi to the side to talk about how good she was looking. “Didn't I tell you you should change clothes? God, I'm amazing. I swear I didn't know.”

“Yeah. She looks good in yellow too.”

“Did you see how she was looking at you? She is the one.” She said, while fixing and caressing Seulgi's hair.

“You're exaggerating…”

“I'm not. And come on, you flustered again.’

Seulgi ignored and looked down, playing with her fingers. “When is everyone else coming?”

“Soon.” 

In a few minutes, Sehun and Kibum arrived with the drinks. Then one by one, their other friends appeared. It was a small group of people, but Seulgi felt anxious anyway.

“Hey, Seulgi! How is it going?” Jennie asked before pulling her for a quick hug.

She told Irene it was fine to invite them because they knew each other, but it has been a while since they last met. She didn’t even know if she could still interact the same way she used to. Everyone seemed to be just fine, wearing casual yet pretty clothes. Irene told them to be comfortable.

They complimented everyone, finding a nice place to sit and chat. The TV room was, thankfully, big enough for eleven people to fit in. A big couch in front of the tv, a white pouf that could fit two people, and a chair beside the furniture, where Sooyoung was sitting. Besides the fluff carpet and comfortable pillows to sit in.

Until everyone got into the same vibe, they sat on the couch and floor just to ask how everyone was doing, while Irene was in the kitchen with Wendy organizing what the other guys bought.

Seulgi took the pouf to share it with Yerim, just holding her hand and watching everyone talking. By the corner of her eyes, she could see Sooyoung talking excitedly by just being there and meeting new people. That made Seulgi smile. Sometimes Yerim would let go of Seulgi's hand to cover while laughing at something Sooyoung said.

Sooyoung quickly made friends with everyone, laughing and showing off her charisma. “What’s your name?”

The boy curved his lips into an unsure smile. “Hmmm… You can call me Suga.” They shook hands.

“And I’m Changbin! Nice to meet you, Sooyoung.”

Seulgi didn't talk much, only when she was asked. She left to use the bathroom and when came back, Kibum had stolen her place next to her cousin and Irene pulled her by the hand to sit by her side, which was by the edge of the couch, beside Sooyoung's chair.

Irene only pulled her closer so she could be next to Sooyoung, Wendy laughed when she did so, because Seulgi let out a little scream when she got scared with the sudden move.

“Talk to her.” Wendy whispered, barely moving her lips. Seulgi simply looked away and pretended she didn't listen.

Yerim was looking at her with that face, gesturing with her eyes that Seulgi should talk to Sooyoung, but she only replied by widening her eyes.

“All right, let's play some game or something. My friend here needs to go home in a few hours.” Kibum said, tapping Yerim's head.

“ to be a kid.”

“Cards?” Jennie asked, and got up to get it in her purse when everyone agreed. “My favorite time!”

“Which game are we playing?” Minho said while shuffling the cards. “I need to know the amount of cards.”

“The killer one? Please, guys! That's the funniest.” Yerim suggested.

“Oh…” Wendy commented in a low voice. “Seulgi is going to lose this one.”

Sooyoung frowned her eyebrows and stared back at Wendy and asked why she would think that. Wendy didn't want to be rude, so she whispered to her: “She at winking.”

“But what game is it?”

“You never played the killer game?” Minho asked, separating the cards they would need. “Listen, there's the killer, the detective and the victims. Whoever gets the joker card is the killer, the king is the detective and the numbers are the victims and…”

“And to kill, the killer has to wink at who's looking at them.” Wendy continued, calling for Irene's attention. “Baby, look at me. There she is. I need to wink at her while she stares at me, so she can know she's dead.”

“Then what?” 

Irene picked one of the cards from the pile to explain the rest. “Then I turn my card up and take a step back. I can't say I'm dead, I can only flip the card. The detective needs to fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter