31- the big reveal

The Crash

 

The party will start at 8 pm.

 

Sooyoung couldn't attend the party due to an important meeting that she needs to attend online. It is for the expansion of her company that she really can't miss out.

 

The couple already dropped Winter in her room and they've been playing since then and only stopped when her meeting begins.

 

Being the good girl that she is, Winter didn't bother her Auntie Sooyoung anymore and watch her favorite cartoon quietly.

 

Meanwhile, in the ballroom. Taeyeon is sweating like bullets while waiting for their turn to enter the hall. He kept wiping his hand that is also sweating so much.

 

"Why are so nervous? We will just walk inside together. Greet some guests then you go find Yuri but don't you dare leave without me", Tiffany warns him first before fixing his tie and hair.

 

"I don't really like attending this kind of event anymore. Maybe it's better if I will stay with my baby", 

 

"Stop being so negative. This party is not like that party, okay. This will be a night to remember. I promise you that. So, give me your best smile and hold my hand. You're so handsome right, I'm sure they will fall for you tonight", 

 

"Oh please. Stop saying that I am handsome, I want to keep a low profile. They might go crazy about me", Taeyeon unexpectedly shows his arrogant side.

 

The organizer calls them and it was their time to enter the party. His heart is beating so fast as they are near the door of the ballroom.

 

"And now, please welcome the newest Chairwoman of Hwang-Jung Technology, the daughter of the late Hwang Jung Min and Stella Jung, the new face of the company, Ms.Tiffang Hwang.

 

The door opens and Tiffany gracefully walks down the red carpet wearing her pastel pink silk dress that is below her knees and not too revealing knowing that she will be arguing with Taeyeon.

 

Some employees are guessing who will be Tiffany's date for the party. Whispering suddenly became so loud for Taeyeon because as soon as they walk in, all eyes are on him. it was like he steal the spotlight from Tiffany.

 

"They are just a bunch of jealous people. Don't mind them. Let's enjoy the night, love", 

 

"I love you, boss Hwang", 

 

They greeted all of the important guests who came in to join them for the celebration of a decade of being in the business. Almost all of them knew who is her date and they all said how lovely the two of them together.

 

Taeyeon's nervousness slowly subsided seeing how Tiffany won't let go of their hands. She will also introduce him to her dad's friend that is also in attendance.

 

"So, how long have you been together?", Mr.Choi out of nowhere asks the two when they greeted them at their table.

 

The couple looks around them, afraid that others are eavesdropping but thankfully the sounds are blasting inside the ballroom.

 

"Sooyoung told you?", 

 

"No, that brat is too busy to meet up with her dad. Dear, it is too obvious already. The way you look at each. Your body language is so synchronized and not to mention look at your hands", he told them making his friends laugh.

 

Taeyeon let a nervous laugh. " We're only been together for 6 months, going 7 tomorrow", 

 

Mr.Park offers a toast to him and Taeyeon politely accepted it. "Even though we all adore you in terms of your works but when it comes to our Miyoung-ie that is a different story. Don't hurt her or make her cry. That's not a request but it is a threat", 

 

"Stop it, uncle. He might not return to the company if you will threaten him like that. He is a good man, don't worry", Tiffany tells them and softly squeezes Taeyeon's hand.

 

"Can I have your attention please", the host of the event said. " To start our night off the celebration, we would like to request our Chairwoman to come up to the stage to give us a little speech. Ms.Hwang, the stage is yours", 

 

Everyone is clapping their hands for their boss. The one who saved them all from getting laid off at work. Being her date for the night, Taeyeon walks her to the stage.

 

He is very proud of her not as his girlfriend but as their boss. He saw how she push herself to quickly understand the nature of the company. With great determination to save the company, she destroyed all those pulling the company down.

 

"Don't go too far. I need you near me, love", she says which only makes Taeyeon curious about what she is going to say.

 

She's been telling her that she has a surprise for him and that something is exciting that she can't share with him and everyone else.

 

Taeyeon nodded and went to where Yuri is sitting together with some of his former team members. "I thought you were not coming tonight. Glad to see you out of your house, bro!", 

 

"I can't say no to our boss", 

 

Tiffany is standing in front of everyone who is part of the company's success. All eyes are on her and flashes of the camera wouldn't stop but that didn't bother her.

 

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming here tonight. I want to congratulate every one of you here tonight Happy 10th anniversary!", she raises her wine glass which is a prop.

 

Some are raising their glasses and others are clinking their glasses using the spoons. "Thank you. Cheers! 10 years is not something that everyone in the business can achieve. I am very fortunate to be standing here in front of all of you and to be able to celebrate this milestone", 

 

"However, it will be happier if my mom and dad will be here tonight but I know they are with us, guiding us from above. Okay, I don't want to be emotional", she turns around and barely wipes her tears before facing them again.

 

Taeyeon knew that she is still not yet ready to talk about her parents and even though it is already years since their passing, the pain is still fresh from her.

 

"Hwang-Jung Technology is what you all know is hanging by a thread when I arrived here. Being appointed as the head of this organization during this time is very challenging. But, because of all of you, we manage to slowly pull the company up again", 

 

"I am happy to announce that our sales for this quarter exceeded the sales from the last quarter by 27%", she dropped the first good news.

 

That gives her another big applause and some executives are hugging each other. They finally overcome their biggest challenge. " Boss Hwang is the best!", someone shouted.

 

"This all is all because of your hard work and dedication to our company. This isn't only my success but for all of us. Now that almost all of us are here tonight, I have another piece of good news for all of you", 

 

Tiffany searched where Yuri is sitting and she smile at him. "Not long ago, someone told me that despite working hard for our company many of you didn't receive any bonuses. So, I want you to check your account right now because I believe by this time your long overdue bonuses are deposited in your account. It is not that much but it is still better than nothing. Thank you for your work", 

 

The employees had their mouths ajar discovering that it was on their bank account. They didn't expect it anymore with how Mr.Jung is treating all of them before.

 

Those from the utility departments are crying because that money will be able to help their family and for paying some bills. "She's an angel!"

 

"I still have one more good news that I am thrilled to share with you all. Aside from our current project that already started a month ago. I reviewed all the proposals from the previous years. Those who were rejected", 

 

Tiffany smile and winked at Taeyeon who has no idea what she was talking about. "There is one that stood out for me. I read it. Consulted some experts from the field and with that, I decided to try to look for some investors to partner with us", 

 

"I want to call our newly elected President to join me here on stage. Mr.Kim, please", she calls out to Taeyeon

 

He is very hesitant to go up the stage because he is afraid that they will just say something bad about him again but Tiffany is looking at him like he doesn't have any choice but to follow him.

 

He earns loud applause when he went up to the stage standing next to Tiffany. Taeyeon whispers to her. "I don't like that smile on your face", 

 

"Okay, as what I am saying is that the proposal that was previously rejected for the reason that I don't know now has a 300 billion won from the investor that is convinced that it will be a hit on the market", 

 

They can hear the executives asking her what the proposal is. Tiffany grabs Taeyeon's arm and links it with her. "The proposal that our President submitted when he is still the head of our R&D department. Taeyeon's smartwatch will be able to call emergency even without cellular data and or prepaid load", 

 

" Taeyeon! You're the man!", Yuri shouted

 

Taeyeon is looking at Tiffany like he couldn't believe it. That was his very first proposal and he's been developing that even before finishing college.

 

He forgot that many people are looking at them when he hug her. He is teary-eyed because finally, someone believes in him. "Thank you so much. I hate you for telling me about this here. I want to kiss you", he told her while hugging her.

 

"Those that are doubting should hear it too. Congratulations, love", 

 

Tiffany frees herself from his hug before continuing her speech. "To end my speech there is something that I wanted to share with you all. I am aware that rumors are circulating around the office about Taeyeon and me. I guess some of you are not aware of how it is affecting Taeyeon", 

 

"Before I even knew that I am going to take over this company, Taeyeon and I met unexpectedly. Last year, a week before Christmas I am onboard flight 309 from LA bound to South Korea", 

 

Those who knew about the crash suddenly gasp when she mentioned it. They were like 'no way' with their hand covering their mouth.

 

Taeyeon is getting nervous about what she will reveal to them. "You've guessed it right. I am also on the same flight as Taeyeon that crashed in the Pacific. We were seatmates during the flight. It was- I don't know how to explain how it feels being on that plane that is descending rapidly", 

 

"Taeyeon saved my life. If it wasn't for him, I am already with my parents who also died in the same manner as them. He did not only save me but also those who were reported as survivors", she said.

 

A lot of whispering again but they can't hear it. Tiffany places her hand on the small back of Taeyeon to calm him because she can feel him tensing up.

 

"But something unfortunate happens to us. The big wave hits us and the next thing we knew we were in the middle of nowhere. We swam for hours to find a place where we can stay in", 

 

"Long story short, that's how we got stranded on that unknown island. We stayed there for 7 or 8 days. You know what, that is where I saw how kind and caring he is. Honestly, I wanted to clear those rumors but Taeyeon doesn't", 

 

Tiffany took a deep breath and asks Taeyeon to take her hand. The whole room suddenly fell into a complete silence waiting for what they will do.

 

"Taeyeon and I-", 

 

"Mommy! Dada!", 

 

Tiffany was cut off a loud screaming of a crying child echoes throughout the room. And the father side of Taeyeon quickly kicks in realizing that was their daughter's voice.

 

Taeyeon runs to her while taking his coat off to cover her up. Good thing that she is on the dark side of the room away from the camera.

 

"Dada!", Winter run to her dad and started crying again.

 

Taeyeon is looking around for Sooyoung who is supposed to be with their daughter in her hotel room. She picks her up and that is when Sooyoung comes in catching her breath.


While she's finishing her meeting, Winter is already sleeping. She fell asleep while watching her favorite cartoon but when she carried to let her sleep on the bed, the little girl started crying and looking for her mommy.


Being inexperienced in handling a child, Sooyoung was so stressed out. She tried talking to her about anything, she also tried giving her gummies and candies but she still wouldn't stop crying.

 

Knowing her heart condition, she had no choice but to bring her to the party. She is calling Taeyeon but his phone is ringing only, the same with Tiffany. Her last resort is to call Yuri but his phone is busy.


Sooyoung together with Winter sneaks inside the ballroom trying to find any of the three. While doing so, she didn't notice that the little one started to run going to the stage.

 

"I'm so sorry. I know she's not supposed to be here but she woke up and then started crying so loud that I got scared that it will affect her heart. But I am so stressed out. She doesn't want me to carry her nor feed her", Sooyoung explains 

 

"Don't be sorry. She is like this if her sleep is interrupted. I got her. Thank you. There's a vacant chair beside Yuri if you like you can join the party", 

 

Tiffany's speech momentarily halts to check what is happening to her daughter. When Taeyeon look at her as he is carrying their daughter she just smiles at them and asks them to join her on the stage.

 

"I'm sorry but we have a cute gate crasher wearing a unicorn jammies", she jokes making everyone chuckle and look at Taeyeon. She moves away from the microphone. "What's wrong?", 

 

She peeks through the coat that is covering the sleepy grumpy little girl. "Mommy milk please"


The couple laughs at her. They can't be mad at how cute their daughter is. She took the milk bottle from Taeyeon's pocket and give it to her daughter who immediately take it and snuggled with her daddy.

 

"Ms.Hwang, what is your relationship with Mr.Kim? And is that your child?", someone from the press asks 

 

There is no turning back. No more hiding. She is ready. "Mr.Kim and I are together and this is our daughter. We kept our relationship private because we want to focus on our work. But apparently, that is not the best decision. Now that our relationship is public, I hope you will stop doubting Taeyeon. He is the best husband and father to our little family. We are happy and we hope you are all too", 

 

" I will end my speech now because we have a grumpy toddler right here. Tonight, I want you to forget your positions and your job titles. I want you all to enjoy the party and have fun! Happy Anniversary everyone!", 

 

They gave her a standing ovation with a big round of applause. Their secret is finally revealed and they can't wait to start anew.

 

As they are going down the stage, the reporters that were invited to cover the party stops them. "Can we take a photo of the three of you?", 

 

"Yes, Ms.Hwang, Mr.Kim a quick one", 


Taeyeon securely covers his now sleeping daughter in his shoulder when they all came towards them. "I'm sorry I am politely asking you not to because we want our daughter's identity to be hidden. We don't want other people pressuring her or saying something towards her because we're her parents. I hope you understand that. Thank you for asking tho", 

 

The reporters let them walk away and respected their decisions. Everyone is trying to get a sneak peek at their daughter but Taeyeon covers her real good.

 


Before going back to their hotel room, Tiffany wants to greet her uncle one last time before calling it a night. Mr.Choi approached them first. "You didn't tell me about having a daughter. Can I see her?", 

 

"I'm sorry, Mr.Choi. She just came home a week ago and she can't be outside for too long because she just had a heart transplant. She's sleeping", Taeyeon explains while letting Mr.Choi see his daughter and the other uncle too.

 

Instantly they all fell in love with her cuteness. "She is so cute. Too bad she's asleep. Hey, give me your address. I want to send her a truckload of toys!", 

 

"Me too. She's so precious like her mommy", Mr.Park says

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon can now freely walk holding hands without having the anxiety of being caught. They are now happy and free to do what they want to and the only thing that matters to them is to keep their daughter away from the eyes of everyone.

 

Inside the elevator, Taeyeon is utterly shocked by how fast everything changes for the two of them while Tiffany can't wait to give him her final surprise.

 

Upon getting inside their hotel room, he carefully and slowly put Winter in her crib that they requested into the hotel. Once she is down in her crib, both of them stare at her.

 

"I think Sooyoung is traumatized already with her", Taeyeon said 


"What do you mean? And why did they go out?", 

 

Taeyeon chuckles remembering the stressed-out face of Sooyoung. "We forgot to tell her that this angel turns into a monster whenever she accidentally wakes up. If only you could see your best friend's face a while ago, it was so epic. I think she is thinking twice if she will ever want to have a child in the future", 

 

Tiffany didn't reply instead, she went to get something in her purse while Taeyeon is still tucking Winter. She hides it behind her back as she is walking near him.

 

She pull him away from the crib going to the living room of the hotel room. "Love, I still have one more surprise for you", 

 

"And what is it? Why do you have so many surprises tonight and how dare you not tell me about all that first?", 

 

"Then it will not be a surprise if you knew about it. Close your eyes. Don't scream or else the little monster will wake up", she said while waiting for him to close his eyes.

 

Even though he doesn't know what she is up to, nonetheless he closes his eyes and lets her do what she wants to him. He felt her giving him a short peck before handing him something.

 

Tiffany is holding back her tears while looking at him. "Y-you can open your eyes now", 

 

"Why is your voice shaking?", he asks her as he opens his. It was very suspicious seeing Tiffany getting emotional but when he saw what was in his hand he froze.

 

He is looking at Tiffany and back to the ultrasound photo that was in her hand. He wanted to say something but there was no voice coming out of his mouth.


Taeyeon is trembling. "Are we- I mean, you're not joking, right? Please tell me you're not", 

 

"No, love. We're having a baby. I'm pregnant", she said and all those tears that she's been holding just pours out.

 

Taeyeon hugs her and carries her. His dreams are slowly coming true all thanks to Tiffany who filled that huge gap in his life. "Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me. Thank you for letting me be a father again. I love you so much. I love you both", 

 

"We will be a family of 4 now, love", 

 

"Who else knows about this? I will be really hurt if I am the last to know", he says before carefully putting her down.

 

Tiffany placed both of her hands on his shoulder. "I've been trying to hide it but Sooyoung knows me well. I can't lie to her so, you're the second one to know",

 

"When did you find out? Did you already go to the hospital? Can we know the gender by now? Or do we need to wait for another month? When is your-", 

 

"Calm down. Remember when you started teasing me about my sudden weight gain? I already had a hunch back then but because of work, I thought the stress caused my period to be delayed. But when the next month I still didn't have my period, I took a pregnancy test and that was the most amazing day in my life", 


Taeyeon walks her to the couch and they sat down. "I am right! I already have suspicions because your tummy is getting big. And you're so moody than ever. How far are you now?", 

 

"15 weeks and- It's a boy. We're having a baby boy!", 

 

"Yes!!!!!", Taeyeon jumps and started punching the air. " Oh my God! Yes!!!!! Our family is complete now!!!!", 

 

"Stop screaming! You will wake up Winter", 

 

"I'm sorry. I am so excited. You know what-", he started making plans of how he will design his nursery, how he will dress him like him.

 

With all that, Tiffany can't help but feel disappointed and sad. She knows that it should be a happy moment between the two of them but hearing all the plans that Taeyeon is telling her something is missing.

 

The one that she's been waiting for him to say never comes. Taeyeon has been mentioning a lot about how they are now considered a family, and that he is happy to have his own dream family but Tiffany is waiting for him to bring up the topic of marriage.


They never talked about getting married in the future. Tiffany loves him no doubt about it but she wanted them to be a real family. Walking down the aisle wearing a white gown is her ultimate dream even before when she was a child.


It makes her sad because it seems like Taeyeon has no intention of marrying her even though they already have kids together. She really wanted to ask him about that but it will look like she was desperate.

 

"Let me know when is your next check-up, I want to hear his heartbeat. Then we will- Are you okay?", he suddenly notices something in her that he can't pinpoint.

 

She forced to smile at him. " I'm okay just tired. I think I can't go back to the party anymore", 

 

"No worries, I'm sure they are all having fun there. Wait here, I will help you change and erase your makeup. Hold on", 

 

Taeyeon got up and went to their luggage to get her something to wear. He then got her makeup remover before going to the bathroom to get some towels.

 

He got two towels, one is dry and the other one he soaked in warm water. He went to the couch and started undressing her.

 

Taeyeon has done it before but the feeling is different for Tiffany. Watching him take care of her makes her wonder if he really loves her or if he just loves the feeling of him being a father again with her.