One - The Crash

The Crash

 


It's 1 week before Christmas.


Kim Taeyeon is on board in flight 0805 bound to Korea after almost 2 months in LA.


His company assigned him  to close a deal with their American business partners.


A supposed to be a month of work became 2. There are a lot of complications with the contract that he had to focus on.


He is so excited that they finally signed the contract just in time for Christmas. 


His family has been asking him nonstop as to when he will be coming home. It's a tradition for their family to be complete during that season. 


Taeyeon is also so excited to be back with his family and to have his long awaited vacation. 

 

"Why is it storming right now? There's no weather forecast about this" the girl sitting beside him suddenly speaks while looking at the window. 


Taeyeon is seated beside the window "I also checked it before our flight. Maybe this is because of the climate change" 


The girl beside him hummed in response "I'm Tiffany Young" she offered her hand. 


Taeyeon chukles as he finds her cute "Kim Taeyeon" 


As they shake hands a sudden turbulence was felt. 


Heartbeat sudden rise up. 


Lightings can be seen at the window. 


Rain is pouring so hard. 

 

"Goodevening passengers, this is your captain speaking. We are currently having a sudden strong thunderstorm around the Pacific. Please put on your seat belts and refrain from standing as the turbulence is too strong" 


The other passengers are starting to panic. 


The flight attendants are trying their best to calm them and assure them that everything is goona be okay. 

 

"Are you okay?" Taeyeon suddenly ask Tiffany who suddenly became quiet. 


"I will lie if I say yes. I hope everything's gonna be okay" 


Taeyeon put his hand on top of hers "We will be fine. Hold my hands if you're feeling scared" 


The turbulence is getting strong as the plane is rocking. Some children on flight are starting to cry in fear of what is happening. 


The adults are trying to be calm as well but fear is evident on their faces. 


The plane is swinging left and right as the pilot is trying to control it. 


Heavy wind makes it difficult for them to maneuver. 


"This is your captain speaking, please keep your seat belts on and do not panic. We are doing everything to get us safely out of this storm" 


Instead of not panicking, people on board started screaming when the plane descended very rapidly the oxygen mask fell on their seats. 


The flight attendants are instructing everyone to put on their mask as the pressure inside the plane is increasing. 


Few minutes later they can feel the plane is already flying steadily. 


"Hey, we will be fine. Just breathe" Taeyeon tells Tiffany who is having a panic attack. 


Taeyeon hold her hand and giving it a squeeze. "Breathe slowly. We will be okay. I'm here" he's trying his best to make her not worry despite the fact that he, himself is also panicking inside. 


It's very dark outside but he is very certain that they are still along the Pacific which makes it more scary. 


"Don't let go of my hands please" a soft plead from Tiffany. 

 

Just then the plane descended again then ascending after. It was like the pilots are having a hard time gaining control of the plane as they travel a the storm. 


"Why don't you tell me something about yourself or any story that you would like to share. You know just to make you relax or something" Taeyeon told her. He just wanted to somehow ease her worries. 


Tiffany breath in and out before she talks "This is my first time in an airplane. Actually I am traumatized with airplane, my mom and dad died in a plane crash 5 years ago. Now that I am finally healed, I decided to finally visit their grave" 


Taeyeon doesn't know how to react on that he felt bad for what happened to her parents and knowing that when she finally have the courage to face her fear suddenly she's experiencing what her parents went through. 


"You will be able to visit them. If you want, I can accompany you there. When we get back to Korea, I have nothing else to do"


Tiffany finally smile "Will you also be my tour guide?" 


"I usually charge extra but for you I'll give you a discount" Taeyeon look at her and he felt relieved to see her fear somehow fading away and was replaced by a astonishing eye smile. 


Two just continue chatting with each other trying to shift their mind into something as the plane continues to climb down and up. 


"Are you on vacation in LA?" ask Tiffany. 


"No. I was assigned to a big project and had to, you know persuade them that took me 2 months to achieve"


"I see. What do you for a living, if I may ask as well" 


"I'm a marketing director slash head of the RND in one of the biggest IT company in Korea. You know creating new softwares and designing new gadgets. How about you?" 


As they continue to talk, Taeyeon and Tiffany can feel some kind of connection between them. There's no hesitation whatsoever but instead the feel at ease and comfortable with one another. 


" I am an architect. Actually I really wanted to be a fashion designer but after what happened to my parents, I decided to go take the path that they took and continue what they have started" 


"You are one strong woman. I know wherever your parents are right now, I'm sure they are so proud of you. The love you have for them will always guide you to the right path and it will also help you survive even in the darkest time of your life" 


Tiffany hold his hand again with both hands as she look at him in the eyes "Thank you. I've always wanted to hear that. I'm glad you did say that. It makes me feel like finally I am doing the right thing"


"Don't let anyone hinder you on doing what you want to do with your life. They don't know you. Everyone has a story that is not worth sharing for just to please them" says Taeyeon. 


"You are  great person, Taeyeon. I'm glad that I had a chance to meet someone like you. Thank you" 


Taeyeon is about to speak when the plane suddenly descending faster then the first one. 


"Oh God" Tiffany cries as well as the other passengers. 


Taeyeon look at the window and he saw that they are still in the middle of the ocean.


"Tiffany, put on your life vest quick" 


Tiffany is unable to understand what he was saying as the pressure inside the plane is getting stronger as it continues to descend. 


Taeyeon put on his first before helping Tiffany with hers. He look around and saw other passengers is also putting on theres. 


"I got you. Don't worry. We'll get through this" even though he is getting nervous as the plane is losing control, at the very last minute he still wanted to make Tiffany feel that she is not alone. 


Tiffany wipe her tears but still it won't stop falling "It's crazy how I have the same fate as my parents. I guess it runs into our family"


"Hey don't say that. There is more to life"


"I am alone since they were gone. I have no one by my side but at least at the very last moment of my life I have someone by my side" 


Tiffany is losing her hope as the plane is continuing to go down very rapidly. 


Taeyeon is praying so hard to keep them safe. He is hoping to be able to survive and see his family again. 


Everyone inside the plane is already saying goodbye to their loved ones. It was so heartbreaking hearing them bidding farewell as if they already know what will happen to all of them. 


He look at the woman sitting beside who has her eyes closed with tears falling in to her eyes. 


"I won't let us die like this. I promise you. We will survive" he didn't know what gotten to him but he lean in to kiss Tiffany on her lips. 


Tiffany was stunned but she just let him thinking that it might be the last time so she responded to his kisses. 


"Thank you" said Tiffany after. 

 

"Brace for impact!! Hold on  tight and keep your head down" the flight attendants shouts giving them instructions. By that, they immediately knew something is wrong and they are going to crash into the Pacific.


Taeyeon is thinking everything that he learned before about survival. He trained for some kind of survival lessons before but it seems that his brain is not functioning. 


The left wing of the plane is on fire that makes everyone to panic and scared for their lives. 


Then the next is the right wing is also on fire. 

 

Somehow the plane stabilize but they are still far from any place safe to land. 

 

"Hold tight Tiffany. Don't lose your hold" Taeyeon instructed her when the plane turn 360 up in the air and it's going down with no sign of control on it. 

 

"Taeyeon!" and that was the last thing that he heard from her as they crash into the ocean with a very strong storm. 

 

The plane submerge quickly in to the ocean that it break the plane into two. 


Some are is still on their seat after the impact with their life vest on. 


And some are already floating. 


Taeyeon return to his consciousness and quickly free himself from his seat to be able to swim up to catch air. 


He look to his left and saw Tiffany's unconscious body. With all the air left in to his system, he quickly release her seat belt and swim up dragging her along with him. 

 

As they go up on the water, both gasp for some air. It took them quite awhile before finally be able to breathe normally. 


"Hey you okay?" Taeyeon ask her. 


Tiffany is still panting that she just nodded her head to him. 


"Do you know how to swim?" he ask her. 

 

"I do" 


"Try to keep yourself floating and don't let the wave drag you far. I will try to help others that might be still alive" says Taeyeon as he remove his vest to be able to swim easily. But before he could dive, Tiffany held his arm. 


"I want to help too" 


Taeyeon look at her and saw her desire to help other passengers so he agreed to it "Okay. Check those who still has sign of life and release their belts. But those who are already gone, just let them on their seat so that when rescuers arrives, their family can still see them even for the last time" 


"Okay. I got it"

 

"Stay behind me okay. I don't wanna lose you" 


The two swim back to where the plane crashed and started checking the other passengers.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany are working together to help others. 


All those who are struggling to remove their seat belts are the first one that they helped and push them up above the water to gasp for air. 


It's very tiring for them but the desire to help is so strong. 


Tiffany manages to help 5 people who happens to be a family. 


The mother is holding her daughters while the father is holding their other daughter "Thank you. Thank you for saving our lives" 


"Please help more people. I can't help. We can't help you because we don't know how to swim" the father  told her. 


Tiffany just nodded "Don't worry. We understand. Can you please help others that we can still rescue and stay together" 


Taeyeon also swim up to where they are, holding an elderly woman who manages to survive being submerged deep with more than 5 minutes. 


The elderly woman cry when she finally breath properly "T-thank you. I owe you my life, young man. Thank you so much" 


"Stop crying now, grandma. Just stay still okay...Please hold her too" he ask the family that Tiffany rescue. 


"Don't worry we got her. Please help others who are still alive" Taeyeon just nodded and swim to Tiffany. 


"If you're tired just stay with them" 


"I'm okay. Let's go help more people" 


They swim back to where the plane was and found more people trying to swim up that makes them happy to see more people surviving the crash. 


Some who are struggling to swim, they push them up and it goes like that as many are starting to finally see hopes. 


The wind is making it hard for them stay together. 


The current is making it hard for Taeyeon and Tiffany to continue rescuing others but they are not giving they still have time to rescue others. 


With one last dive, they swim deep and found more fighting for their lives, they are stock with the pile of luggage. 


The two work together save them. It hard for them as some are stuck deep. 


But Taeyeon doesn't want to give up. With all the strength that he still have, he finally lift a big pile that was blocking those people. 

 

They quickly swim up to safety. It was more than 10 people. 


Taeyeon panic when Tiffany is no where to be found. 


He quickly swim up to see if Tiffany is with the others but she's also not there. 


"Have you seen Tiffany?... The woman that is with me" 


"No she haven't gone up here" 


Taeyeon is starting to panic. He swim as fast as he can trying to find Tiffany. 


He went back to where he last seen her but she's not there. 


He swim further down and there he saw her trying to get something beneath. 


Taeyeon check what it was and then he saw that she's trying to get the rope. 


With a presence of mind, he help her as he knows what she will do with it. 


More tugging of the rope and it finally untie itself. 


Taeyeon help her up to swim as she's losing air already. 

 

Upon returning above the water, Tiffany is gasping for air. Taeyeon just stay beside her and wait for her to recover. 

 

"Let's go. I'm okay now" Tiffany tells him. She still wants to check if there is still others still fighting for their lives down the water. 


But Taeyeon held her hand "It's time to stop. It's been an hour already. We have to accept the fact that there's no more survivor down there. It's impossible for them to hold their breath for over an hour underwater" 


Tiffany just stare blankly at him "You already did your best. Look there's more than 30 people that you already help. There's nothing we can di now but to help them be safe until the rescuers arrives" 


"I feel sorry for those who didn't make it" 


"I do too. But can't let our emotions affects us now. There's a lot of people looking up to us and waiting for our help. Let's go back to them, okay?" 


Tiffany nodded and they swim to where the other passengers are. 

They are thanking them over and over again and tell them that they will be forever grateful to them for giving them their second chance of life. 


Taeyeon is tying the rope to each of them so that they will still be all together. He doesn't want anyone of them to be separated. 


It will also be easier for them to be seen by the rescuers. 

 

They are done tying the rope but the problem is it wasn't long enough for him and Tiffany. 


"It's okay. I'll try to find a way" Taeyeon assure her and swim back down. 

 


The elderly woman who is beside Tiffany suddenly talks to her "Young lady, what's your name? I want to engrave your name and your husband in my heart for as long as I live" 


Tiffany blush when she addressed Taeyeon as her husband "My name is Tiffany. Tiffany Young and that man is not my husband though. He's Kim Taeyeon" 


The other passengers also talk to her "He's not your husband? But why can we see how much he cares for you. You were gone like 2 or 3 minutes and he started panicking, trying to look for you" 


"Are you girlfriend and boyfriend then?" ask by the other passenger. 


"We are not either. We were just seat mates on this flight" she politely answer them. 


The elderly woman speaks again "He is a great man. Don't let him go. I can see that you also cared for him. The two of you are fated to meet" 


"You know what when we get back on land, I will tattoo your name in my chest so that I will never forget you both" 

 

It was like a calm before the storm as they diverted their attention on talking to each other like they are all getting to know one another. 


They doesn't want to stress their selves about the tragedy as the await for someone to help them out. 

 

"Tiffany here" Taeyeon return to them holding 2 life jackets. He help her wear one to make sure that she will be safe while they wait. 


After that he put in his. 


As they continue to talking, one of the passenger notice something from a far. 


"Guys" 

 

They all look to where she's looking at. And fear emerge on everyone. 


"Oh God! Everyone try to hold on to the rope then jump when the waves is near. Don't just follow the waves" Taeyeon instructed them as big wave is approaching them. 


"Taeyeon" she calls him. And tie the rope that he found underneath to Tiffany's jacket and to his. 


"Don't worry. I got you" Taeyeon is trying to make her feel better and not to panic. 


As the wave is approaching, they are looking to where the others are. "Everyone please be safe. Hold tight and follow the current of the wave" 

 

Then it hits them. Waves after waves. 


They don't know what to do anymore as the waves are slowly killing them. 


Taeyeon is trying his best not lose Tiffany but the current of the water is so strong for him. 

 

With more waves are coming, both Taeyeon and Tiffany surrender and let the water wash them away. 

-----

 

It's been awhile. Here's my new TaeNy story. I hope you will join me on this new story. 

This will be a very slow update but I will try to update every week. I haven't finished writing yet but I hope you will enjoy this one. 

 

Let me know what you think about the first chapter. 

 

​​​​​PS: To Let Go Or To Hold On and Remember Me is already deleted here but you can still read it if you want on Novelah, Finovel and Story on. You can easily find me there as I am using the same pen name, ninyaaahh

 

ThankbyouThank you