Cute Newbie in Town

I Like You The Best ~

B2ST's POV

 

'Hey guys! What's wrong with Dongwoon?!' Gikwang cried, pointing to Dongwoon's spectacular display of anger.

 

'! Look! Young-jae is on the floor... which probably means something happened!' exclaimed Junhyung.

 

'Come on guys, we have to go after him!' shouted Dujun, running after Dongwoon. The others followed without question, even innocent Hyunseung, who knew they had to do something to help the once cheerful maknae of the group.

 

'Ya!!! What are you doing?!' shouted Dujun. 

 

Dongwoon slammed his fist into one last locker and slid to the floor. Immediately, the boys ran toward him and crowded around. They all crouched down with concerned looks on their faces. 

 

'Dongwoon ah... are you alright?' Dujun asked softly. 

 

Dongwoon looked away and kept silent. After what just happened, he did not want to bring up the topic; of Hyo-jin and her new found pretty boy. 

 

'This is about Hyo-jin isn't it? We saw Young-jae on the floor just a moment ago... are you sure you're ok?' asked Junhyung. 

 

Dongwoon held his hand to his forehead, and started spilling the beans. 

'She was cheating on me, behind my back... for... for 6 months' he confessed coldly. 

 

'Awwwww hyungggg don't be sad!' Hyunseung said, giving him a big hug. Hyunseung always referred to him as 'hyung' whenever Dongwoon was sad, even though Hyunseung was much older than him. 

 

'Dongwoon not smiling?! Pwohhh... this must've really shaken you up huh? Come on man, you gotta cheer up' said Gikwang. Whenever Dongwoon, or any of the boys were sad, Hyunseung's sweet hugs always managed to make them smile but Dongwoon's mouth did not move one inch. 

 

'Thanks hyung, you know I love your hugs... but I honestly don't know what to feel right now...' Dongwoon said blandly. 

 

'Come on Dongwoon, I know what'll cheer you up! ...........Music!!!'cried Gikwang. 

 

'Yeah! When words can't speak... music always does! They say it calms the soul ' Hyunseung added. 

 

The guys smiled at Hyunseung's attempt to be deep and philosophical. 

 

'Let's go' said Dujun, lifting Dongwoon up off the floor and carrying him to the music hall. 

 

If Hyunseung's hugs couldn't put a smile on Dongwoon's face, then a music performance definitely would. 

 

-------------------------------------

 

The boys gathered in the music room and got everything set up. 

 

'A yo, let's get started!' Junhyung said in English, as he pressed play on the stereo player. 

 

The music started playing and the members got ready to sing along. 

 

Dujun started to sing:

I can’t bear to hug you, who is in front of me

I can’t say a single word so every day,

I am only looking at you like this

 

Junhyung:

Right now, in your two eyes, already since a long time ago

A different person other than me
 

Gikwang: 

Is standing before you, smiling at you

Your back getting farther away is holding onto me

 

Hyunseung: 

With the pointless hope that you might look back

I am always waiting for you... 

 

Then Dongwoon started to sing the chorus, immersing himself in the music, and taking control of the performance. The boys all looked at each other while Dongwoon sang his heart out, they all smiled at each other, knowing their plan had worked. 

You love somebody else
Though i am standing here

I can look at you but i can’t approach you

 

I have no courage because i’m afraid we might grow far apart
So i’m waiting and i’m waiting
Though i don’t know where the end is

Everyone tells me that i’m such a fool but
No one knows my heart
My heart that only beats toward you
Cannot be stopped...

 

The music stopped. Dongwoon was now breathing heavily from his singing, and had sweat dripping off his forehead. He had channeled all of his anger towards Hyo-jin and Young-jae into the song, delivering a powerful, passionate performance. He collapsed into a chair nearby, panting heavily. 

 

' Damnnnnn! What a powerful performance! Good job man!' smiled Junhyung, patting Dongwoon on the back. 

 

'Yeah man! Legendary!' said Dujun and Gikwang.

 

'Yay! Hyung did a very good job, and impressed Hyunseung a lot!' added Hyunseung, hugging Dongwoon tightly. 

 

*Pant* 'Thanks guys... you made' *pant* 'me feel so much' *pant* 'better...' Dongwoon replied tiredly, as he got up to hug the boys. Just as he was going to do so, he noticed the music door was open, and someone... was watching them. 

 

'You there! What are you doing?!' Dongwoon shouted; pointing at the person peeping through the door. 

 

Yoseob's POV 

Yang Yoseob. The new kid at the prestigious Cube High School. It may not seem like it, but only the extremely talented can secure a place... on the extremely long waiting list; while the rest are merely rejected and told to go elsewhere. To actually get a position in the school was almost a miracle within itself, and with Yoseob's amazing vocal talent, he simply couldn't pass up this opportunity. He always had a strong ambition to be the best singer in the Korean-pop industry, and had worked extremely hard to get into the school. Now he was here, he decided to do a little 'exploring'. 

 

'Hmmm... So this is the impressive Cube High School eh?' For one of the highest ranked schools in Seoul, this place seems a little weird... I mean seriously... why do random girls keep coming up to me and acting weird?' he thought to himself, as he dawdled down the long hallway. 

 

*A little earlier*

 

'Oppa! You must be new, what's your name?' A girl asked.

'Oppa, want me to show you around the school today?' another questioned.

'Oppa, please take this cupcake, It will give you energy throughout the day!' another girl said, handing him a pink cupcake with heart shapes made of icing placed on top. 

 

The girls at Cube High had already started falling for Yoseob and he had absolutely NO idea...

 

Seriously... what was going on? Yoseob thought as he munched on the cupcake. 'This better not give me food poisoning or something...' He mumbled to himself, finishing the last of the cupacke and throwing the wrapper away. 

Mmmm... not bad. He thought. 

As Yoseob threw away the cupcake wrapper, he heard music. He liked the tune, but thought the singer's vocals could use a bit more improvement. He listened to the music and started moving towards it. As he walked, the music got louder and louder. Yoseob ended up standing in front of the music room door. It was slightly open and could hear every word being sung. 

 

He stared at a tall, handsome guy singing inside. Gosh... this guy is good... but there is something a little off about his voice I can't quite pin point it. Yoseob thought, as he watched curiously. 

 

The singer finished, and was getting congratulated on his performance, by some more guys that were with him. 

 

'You there! What are you doing?!' The singer shouted; pointing at him and looking directly at Yoseob through the door crack. 

 

*Phew* Finally updated! Thanks for waiting guys! ^^

Did you spot SE7EN's 'Somebody Else' in there? ;)