Aiden's Crush on Felix

The Firsts

Aiden plopped himself next to Changbin at the cafeteria table, sufficiently scaring his friend. The disgruntled mumbling coming from next to him fell on deaf ears, attention solely focused on the table that sat nearly across the large room. Huddled around the table was a group of boys chatting away happily but Aiden's eyes were only locked on one. A beautiful blonde with the cutest freckles he had ever seen.

 

"Hello?" Changbin called as he waved his hand in front of Aiden's face, snapping the other from his longing stare.

 

"What?" Aiden asked as he turned and looked at Changbin, eyes blinking a few times as he cocked his head to the side.

 

"You sat down and scared the crap out of me and then you just space out. Are you okay? Are you coming down with that sickness that everyone else in school has?" Changbin asked worriedly.

 

"Depends on what sickness." Aiden snickered and shook his head. Sighing softly, he closed his eyes, head shaking slightly. "It's nothing Binnie. I'm fine."

 

"Doesn't look like nothing." Changbin frowned as he sat down his sandwich and crossed his arms over his chest. Leaning back in his chair, he looked Aiden over for a moment, pulling a whine from Aiden as he was scrutinized. He hated when Changbin did that. It was like he was trying to stare deep into his soul and pull out the truth from him.

 

It always worked too.

 

"Okay fine. It's that new transfer student in our grade."

 

"Felix?" Changbin asked and Aiden raised a brow, staring at him. "I have 3rd-period history with him. He's pretty funny."

 

Rolling his eyes, Aiden sighed, his attention turning back to the table he had been staring at. Felix was there, smiling and laughing at whatever conversation he was having with his friends. For a new student, he made friends fast and seemed to fit well with other students. It was very interesting and intrigued Aiden. To be so new and so popular. But then again, maybe it was because he was new that he was so popular. That seemed to make decent sense.

 

"You're spacing again." Changbin's voice called out and Aiden turned his head just in time to see Changbin turning his towards the table. "Were you staring at Felix?"

 

The question had Aiden's cheeks reddening. While he never actually said he was gay, he did nothing to hide it; openly staring at other guys with appreciation. But this was the first time it was being addressed by his best friend and there was a slight fear that maybe Changbin would react badly.

 

"Maybe." Bowing his head, he bit his bottom lip with worry. He wasn't sure if Changbin had heard him and the silence between them was deafening - even though children were screaming around them with laughter and gossip - and he was debating if he should say something or let the conversation drop.

 

"Aiden," Changbin spoke, voice soft but there was a sternness behind it that only Changbin could pull off. "Do you have a crush on Felix?" The question had Aiden whining and he turned away from Changbin. The other had finally caught on and he wanted nothing more than to hide from him now.

 

"You do, don't you? Oh my gosh!" Aiden scrambled to cover Changbin's mouth to keep the other quiet, the flush still very prominent on his cheeks.

 

"Be quiet!" He whined, a pout playing on his lips as he stared at the other. Changbin raised a brow and he could the other's cheeks rise in a smile under his touch. "I don't want everyone to know!" It was a weak protest because it wasn't like Changbin had been that loud, and he highly doubted anyone could have heard him anyway over the rumble of voices inside the cafeteria. Aiden removed his hand from the other's mouth and heaved a heavy sigh, body slumping back into his chair.

 

"Well, I guess this explains why you never got interested in girls," Changbin commented as he picked his sandwich back up and bit into it.

 

"Well,...you're not wrong." Aiden laughed and shook his head. He knew from an early there was just something about guys that attracted him more to them than girls. As they entered junior high and all his friends started getting "girlfriends", he found himself not at all interested in them. He never thought of it as weird or a bad thing. He never really questioned it and no one else seemed to really care. Well, until now.

 

"You should talk to him."

 

"No!" Aiden practically screamed, sliding down in his chair as a few people turned to look in their direction.

 

"Why not?" Changbin asked, unbothered by the attention, which only pissed Aiden off. How could he be so calm and collected like that? He just made a fool of himself. The least Changbin could do was have the decency to be embarrassed with him.

 

"Because!" As if that was the most logical answer in the world. Changbin snorted and rolled his eyes.

 

"Whatever. You could at least be friends with him, then feel him out and find out if he would go swinging with you." Changbin commented nonchalantly.

 

"Swing - You mean if he swings my way?"

 

"Yeah, that's what I said."

 

"No, you said swinging. I thought you meant like swinging at a park or something."

 

"Well, that too. Swinging is fun." Changbin said and grinned as Aiden rolled his eyes.

 

"No. There is no way I'll be friends with him or even talk to him." He pouted and looked back towards the table and Felix. "I'll just pine after him from afar."

 

"Your funeral."