Study Session

The Firsts

They didn’t make it to his bedroom, but that didn’t bother Aiden. With his parents out working, the living room was free to host his friends for their study session - much larger than his tiny room anyway. It was still early, students were still being released from schools and it would take a while before everyone even arrived. But that didn’t stop Changbin from whining about his English presentation that he had to give and how much he hated talking in English. The other wasn’t horrible at it, but he was no native speaker. It was cute actually, how he stumbled over his pronunciation - whining that he was going to fail because he couldn’t even pronounce his own name right. Aiden took pity on the other and decided to help him practice while they waited for the others.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“My name is,” a pause followed by a short sigh. “Seo Changbin.”

 

“Nice to meet you Changbin, my name is Aiden Park.” He chuckled, shifting himself on Changbin’s lap to get comfortable. “What’s your favorite food, Changbin?”

 

Changbin stuttered mouth opening and closing as he tried to process what exactly Aiden had just said. He was taking it slow and using common words that Changbin should have already known if he had kept up with his English classes. He hadn’t. “Food?”

 

“Food,” Aiden confirmed with a nod, turning his head so he could stare at Changbin with a raised brow. “Favorite food.” He said again.

 

“Uh...Pizza?”

 

Aiden laughed at that and shook his head, finding the answer to be very hilarious. “Are you asking me if you’re favorite food is pizza?”

 

“Ah! Favorite food!” The realization dawned on Changbin, his head bobbing - still - in agreement. “Well, that makes sense.” He mused, arms tightening around Aiden’s waist as he leaned back against the couch.

 

“So is it pizza?” Aiden asked, smirking as Changbin pouted. He could see the wheels in Changbin’s mind turning.

 

“My favorite food is, chicken.”

 

“Oh, chicken is delicious. Do you like grilled chicken or fried chicken?” Aiden spoke slowly as he threw in new words that Changbin may not know by heart yet, and also due to the fact that the longer he spoke English, the heavier his accent would become and sometimes made being understandable nearly impossible.

 

“What?” Perfect pronunciation and Aiden couldn’t help but snicker at that.

 

“Grilled or fried?” He asked again. “Grilled. Or fried?” He repeated in Korean and Changbin snorted.

 

“Both. But how was I supposed to know those words?” He whined. “This is unfair, you’re using your natural ability to speak English against me.”

 

“Natural- oh my god.” Aiden laughed loudly, body shaking as his mind replayed the words over and over in his mind. The hilarity of them never died, even as he began to calm - one look at Changbin sent him back into another fit of laughter. It didn’t help that Changbin’s frown grew deeper each time, not at all pleased with Aiden laughing at him. “F-!” Aiden gasped out as he found himself being roughly shoved off of Changbin’s lap and onto the floor and despite the pain he felt in his chest and arms, he could stop laughing.

 

“You’re the worst. Why are we friends!?” Changbin pouted, arms crossed over his chest. His eyes moved over Aiden’s form before he straightened up in his seat as their friends walked into the room.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Chan asked, brows furrowed as he stared at the giggling Aiden who was wiping away the tears that leaked from the corners of his eyes.

 

“Don’t ask,” Changbin grunted and glared at Aiden harder.

 

“He - I can’t!” Aiden gasped as he slowly pulled himself up, coughing lightly as he choked on the intake of air he tried to pull into his lungs.

 

“Someone gave him sugar again.” Minho cooed as he smacked at the back of Aiden’s, pulling a whine from.

 

“Rude!” Rubbing his head, Aiden panted as he tried to calm himself down some more. He looked up at the others and grinned. “Changbin thinks my ability to speak English is natural.” He snickered.

 

“How though?” Seungmin asked, confused.

 

“Well, it’s not his native language!” Changbin pointed out. “It’s his second language!”

 

“It’s my native language just like Korean is!” Aiden protested and stuck out his tongue at him, Changbin reciprocating the act.

 

“Alright children, behave.” Chan chuckled and shook his head.

 

“I’m well behaved, thank you very much,” Aiden said with a wide smile.

 

“Lies. He’s a monster. Don’t let that innocent face fool you. Felix, you still have time to run!” Changbin teases as he watched the Aussie take a seat next to Aiden on the floor.

 

“It’s too late for me! We made it to the Spiderman Saga! I’m in too deep!” Felix said as he clutched his chest dramatically, pulling laughter from the others.

 

“Hey!” Aiden pouted and crossed his arms. “Meanies. That’s the last time I help you with your English class, fail for all I care and then you can kiss my-“

 

“I know full well what you’re about to say and I wouldn’t kiss it even if my life depended on it!” Changbin huffed.

 

“I thought I said to behave?” Chan asked. “Am I invisible?”

 

“I think they need a time out.” Minho mused. “Face the corners and squat!”

 

“What the hell? No.” Changbin chuckled and shook his head. “We’re totally fine guys. You just don’t understand us.”

 

“Yeah, mom! You don’t understand us!” Aiden grinned, squeaking as Minho smacked at him. Scooting away, he hid behind Felix, using the other ad a shield. “Okay, I give! I’ll be good!”

 

“How did we make friends with him again?” Seungmin mused loudly and sighed as he dumped the books he was clutching onto the table. “Whatever, we got three exams to study for and if I fail them because I couldn’t study, I know something.”

 

“Oh, you’ll be fine,” Aiden said as he crawled out from behind Felix and sat next to him again, grinning as he stared at his boyfriend. “What do you have to do today?”

 

“English practice. I have to outshine Changbin.” Felix snickered.

 

“Yeah? Alright, let’s practice.”

 

“Hey! That’s not fair, you both speak good English.” Changbin whined. “Channie hyung, help me practice.”

 

“The angel and devil on my shoulders are both telling me to stay out of this. Sorry, Binnie.” Chan smiled apologetically at him.

 

“I trusted you,” Changbin whispered. “I will remember this betrayal.”