Chapter 5

All About You

Jaehyun took a cold shower. He needed a diversion to keep his mind straight. He was always comfortable as long as Eunji, his mate, is around him, but he never expected that being in the same bedroom, alone with her will make it very complicated for his animal instinct. He dug deeper in his feelings as the cold water embraced his body.  A smile forming on his lips as he thought of his mate, the love of his life, that one reason for his existence. Maybe his friends were right. Maybe it really is time for him to wait no more and tell her how he feels. Make her know that she’ll never have to leave their pack, because they are each other’s mate. He stopped the water and realized, the smell of jasmine that was enveloping the bathroom is slowly disappearing. This almost crashed his heart. The thought of not being able to smell her scent drove him crazy. After drying himself and wearing his clothes, the wolf braced himself, expecting to get a whiff of his mate’s scent, but it was very faint. His face did not hide the fear he felt.  Did someone take her away? His fear vanished when he saw the text he received from Eunji. 

 

“The restaurant said they are closing the kitchen in the next 10 minutes. They don’t do room service now too, so I went ahead to order for us. Meet me at the restaurant!” - Eunji

 

A sigh of relief escaped his lips. She really will be the death of him. 

 

___

 

“Here’s your two medium rare steaks, a family size mashed potato, a plate of alfredo fettuccine, a plate of meatball spaghetti, and two lava cakes for dessert” The waiter said as he put the plates on the table. He looked at the girl in amazement. She did say it’s a table for two, but this still looks a lot. His smile grew upon seeing her eyes change with every plate he put on the table. The lady seem to not be from the area, it’s against their policy, but he is attracted to her.

 

“It’s too bad you guys are closing early today. I don’t know if this is enough” Eunji said. 

 

“Uhm by any chance, can I…” the waiter was interrupted by someone clearing his throat. 

 

“Jaehyun oppa! Is this enough?” Eunji looked at Jaehyun who looked very pissed at the waiter

 

“You can go now” Jaehyun told the waiter. His voice deeper than usual. “This is more than enough for us”. He gave the waiter a warning glare. The waiter ran in hurry as if sensing he was to be attacked by a wild animal. 

 

“Oppa!” Eunji’s voice calmed him down. He took the seat across her and smiled. There is barely enough space for them to eat in their own plates. 

 

“Did you really order this much for us?” The wolf laughed

 

“I figured you must be hungry” Eunji said “Let’s eat now oppa!” She said before digging in on her steak. 

 

Jaehyun looked at his mate and smiled. His heart is overflowing with affection towards her. He knew it won’t take a while before he can finally confess his feelings to her. 

 

___

 

What better way to spend the rainy night but stay in bed and watch movies. Not for the werewolf though. His heart is about to burst.  It’s not helping that his mate is seated beside him in bed, while watching Twilight. Yes, the movie about a vampire, werewolf and a human. 

 

“The story about vampire is funny. They don’t really glow under the sun. In fact they can walk under the sun without any problem. The tale about them for centuries has been a lie” Eunji said as she pulled the blanket closer to herself. “Have you ever seen a vampire before oppa?” Eunji turned to look at Jaehyun who shook his head. 

 

“I personally have not or at least I wouldn’t have known. Contrary to what the movie shows, werewolves are not really able to detect vampires. Maybe our ancestors could, but somehow, over time vampires have developed this immunity from being detected by any creatures” 

 

“That makes them really powerful then. Well I sure hope we never run in to them. Isn’t their blood poison to us? Werewolves?” 

 

“They also have the antidote to relieve us of that poison” 

 

Eunji shivered at the idea of vampires. She would never want to meet one. The werewolf scene suddenly flashed on the screen. 

 

“This reminds me are you ok oppa?” Eunji leaned closer to the wolf. 

 

“W-why wouldn’t I be?” Jaehyun swallowed the non-existent lump in his throat

 

“Today is a full moon. The rain didn’t show it but when I looked at the weather a while ago, I realized that today is the D-day for wolves” Eunji looked at him “I should have driven today. Sorry oppa”  

 

That’s what it was. The reason why his emotions are heightened, the reason why he felt as if he’s bothered by something yet comforted. Because for werewolves, the effect of full moon is painful, well unless you’re with your mate, then it all disappears. 

 

“I’ve seen everyone go through this pain well except for Haechan and Mark since they just shifted recently, but I knew how painful it would be unless you’re with your mate, so it must be painful to you oppa” Eunji continued 

 

“Ah that explains why my muscles feels sore” He faked laugh

 

“Are you actively looking for her though? Your mate? It's been years since you shifted” Eunji looked at him in pity. “It must be hard to go through the pain every full moon”

 

“Not really…” It’s true. It wasn’t really painful for him. Taeyong knew that being around Eunji will be a relief to him so he would always come up with an idea of a sleepover, movie nights, or anything he can think of to have the pack in one place every full moon. “It’s not as painful as you think it is” Jaehyun smiled at her. It was the wrong choice. Here she is, his mate, looking beautiful and innocent in front of him. 

 

“What would you do when you find your mate though?” Jaehyun asked her nervously

 

“The thought scares me” She answered truthfully 

 

“Why is that?” Now his nervousness is gone and pure curiosity piqued in

 

“My mom said it all comes naturally, as if the whole universe has conspired to show you what true love is. Suddenly, you feel complete when you’re with your mate. That realization scares me.” She looked at him straight in the eyes

 

“It’s true. When you find your mate, everything just makes sense” Jaehyun said as he takes in every part of her face “It’s as if your heart has found that missing piece”. Right now, he wants to tell her now that he is in love with her. He’s always been, even before he shifted. “Eunji…I…” His confession was interrupted by her phone ringing. 

 

“Mark?” She put the phone in loudspeaker

 

“We’re sending a helicopter at 5 am!!! The weather is all clear now. We received a confirmation! You’re in Marriott Hotel right?!” Mark sounded edgy

 

“Look, I know it’s full moon but chill brother” Eunji tried to calm him down

 

“How can I???! My twin is with her…”

 

“Business partner! Mark enough!” Taeyong took over. “Sorry, your twin is overreacting” Taeyong said. “You are both ok right?” Taeyong asked

 

“Of course. Thanks for asking oppa. So the helicopter will be here in about 3 hours then?” Eunji asked

 

“Yes. Mark was adamant about making sure the two of you get back here as soon as the weather is good enough” 

 

“We should sleep then. Good night oppa. Thank you” Eunji said before hanging up. As if on cue, she yawned.  “We should sleep then. Good night Jaehyun oppa” She turned to Jaehyun

 

“Good night…” He smiled as he watched her turn the other side. After 58 seconds, yes he counted, she fell asleep. Jaehyun stared at her back and marveled at her sleeping figure for a little bit more before he slowly drifted to sleep .  “My mate…” Those were his last words before he succumbed to dreamland. 

 

A/N: I wonder, when will Jaehyun be able to confess to his mate? Hmmm