Chapter 2

All About You

 

 

“What do you think about another collaboration with Gentle Monster then? You can have the exhibition in our mall, then Johnny oppa will be very happy” Eunji asked Jennie before looking at her phone . Taeyong and Johnny are first cousins. When Eunji and Mark’s mother married into the family, they also became Johnny’s beloved younger cousins. “Come on, surely you’re not thinking of any other place to promote right? Ms. Super Star? You will work with Lotte right?” Eunji works as the Art Director for Lotte Corporation, her stepfather’s company, while her twin brother works for their mother’s side of the company, Hyundai Motors. 

 

“You’re really good at your job Ms. Art Director” Jennie laughed. “I’ve already read through your proposal and since Lotte Mall is already featuring my brand, then I don’t see why I shouldn’t have my collaboration exhibit here. I just don’t know for which brand it is. I have to read through their proposals, but it’s safe to say, it’ll be in your mall sweetie” The older girl patted the younger’s shoulder. 

 

“Thanks unnie!” Eunji beamed. 

 

“Tell me, what did Johnny use to lure you in making me say yes to do my exhibit in Lotte?” 

 

“Uhm…”

 

“No need to keep secrets with me! I’ll find out when we shift in our wolf form anyway” Jennie laughed

 

“Well to be honest, I didn’t really ask for anything. He insisted on giving me the new Hermès bag though” Eunji answered

 

“Oh you’re such a darling! I’m really happy you get to be my cousin-in-law, but next time don’t be too nice to my mate ok? I mean after all you’re also a director here! He should do more work!” Jennie winked before heading to the door. “Don’t forget, lunch today!”

 

“Thanks unnie!!!” Eunji waved her goodbye. She was about to go back to her seat, when her phone buzzed. It’s a call from her biological older brother. 

 

“Oh hello there brother. Are you back in town? You didn’t call me, is everything ok?” She asked. The other line chuckled. 

 

“As always our little pup is very demanding” 

 

“Well this pup has not shifted yet” she grunted

 

“I heard from mom that Mark already did” 

 

“You can call him directly you know” 

 

“He won’t pick up. You know he’s not really happy with what happened to our family” the other line said. 

 

“It’s already in the past and everyone seems to have moved on already. I should really talk to Mark about that” Eunji sighed “It wasn’t really our fault or anyone’s. It’s the curse we have about having mates and all. When mom and dad married they didn’t think about eventually finding their mates” 

 

When their parents got married before, they didn’t think too much about finding their mates. They were just very in love.  They eventually had 3 children, but when Mark and Eunji turned 5, their parents found their respective mates almost at the same time. The divorce was inevitable, but both ended up very happy. When their mom met their now stepfather, he was in the same situation. He got married and had Taeyong, but eventually his marriage to his first wife led to divorce when they both found their own mates. 

 

“That’s why it’s better to wait for your mate. It’s not really in our control that we…oh my gosh! I am so sorry Suho oppa” Eunji halted

 

“Hey like you said it’s not in our control!” The man just laughed. 

 

Taeyong’s mate, Jisoo used to date her older brother Suho, but once Jisoo shifted, she found her mate and eventually had to break up with Suho. It was not an unpleasant breakup, but there is still a bit of awkwardness when they see each other at certain events. 

 

“Oppa…I…”

 

“I’m really ok little pup! But there’s something serious I need to talk to you about” Her brother’s tone suddenly changed “Our enemy is not happy about us conquering their territory in Japan as well. We’ve been receiving threats about Mark and you”

 

“What? How? Are you ok though? Is dad ok?” Eunji worriedly asked. She is not a fan of her father’s side of the family. The mafia side that she and Mark avoids. 

 

“We’re ok. Dad will stay here in Japan but he asked me to watch over you and Mark. Now that Mark has shifted, I take it that he can handle them. I’m worried about you” 

 

“Is there anything I need to look at? Like to tell who the enemy is?”

 

 “A snake tattoo. Be careful with that. I’ll be home soon and we can talk more. I trust you’ll never go somewhere alone?” Her brother asked. 

 

“How dangerous are they oppa?”

 

“They girls and have human trafficking as their main business Eunji-ah. They are not afraid to kill” 

 

“Oppa be careful. I’ll see you when you come back?” 

 

“You’ll see my friends too! You’ve met them before except for the other two I think?”

 

“Ah I guess so? Say hi to them for me!” She cheerfully said. 

 

“I’ll see you soon little pup!” 

 

Eunji sighed. Truth be told, she’s scared of the other side of her family. She’s seen her older brother severely injured before, but thankfully, with their wolf-healing power, he was able to recuperate fast. 

 

“I should ask Taeyong oppa for a ride” Eunji said. All of a sudden, she’s suddenly scared of her own office. 

 

Lunch came. The pack booked the whole private hall of their favorite Chinese restaurant. Once in a while, when a staff would enter, Eunji would feel anxious and look for any visible snake tattoos . 

 

“You know we can hear your nervous heartbeat right?” Haechan said

 

“I know. Wolf ears” Eunji sighed

 

“Why do you look so pale and nervous? You weren’t like that when I Ieft your office” Jennie said

 

“Spill it” Mark demanded

 

“Mark, easy” Doyoung noticed the tension right away and tried to calm the younger man. 

 

“Does it have to do with asking to get a ride with me? I don’t mind that of course, but you love driving your car” Taeyong said, concerned about the change in his sister’s attitude. 

 

“Is someone bothering you? Tell your best friend! Then I’ll embarrass them on national TV!” Haechan proudly said. His family owns the biggest broadcasting station in the country

 

“You have all of us backing you up if anyone is messing with you” Taeil, the eldest in the group said. 

 

“Yes princess! No one can bully you!” Yuta added

 

“I mean look at your brothers and cousin, no one can possibly go against them” Jungwoo laughed as he picked up his chopsticks. 

 

“Snake tattoos. Suho oppa said to watch out for snake tattoos” Eunji confessed “My father’s side of the family made enemies and so now they’re after me and Mark” Eunji looked at her twin. “What am I even doing here?, I should not be seen with you guys and compromise your safety” Eunji took a deep breath. Obviously trying to calm herself. 

 

“No one can hurt you or any of us” Jaehyun, who’s been awfully quiet the whole time reached for her hand “I won’t let anyone hurt you” Jaehyun firmly said. 

 

Eunji stared at him. Letting his voice calm her nerves. 

 

“Well you have me! Big Boy Johnny! I won’t let anyone hurt my baby cousin!” Johnny 

 

“How dangerous is it this time?” Jisoo asked. She is familiar with how Suho works. After all, they dated for 2 years 

 

“The gang they’ve made enemies, they girls. They’re in my brother’s words are not afraid to kill. That’s why we should not put our guard down. Since mom is safe in Italy with appa, me and Mark should stay with Suho oppa for the time being until this is resolved” 

 

“Are you hearing yourself???!” Mark angrily slammed his hand on the table, cracking the glass. Eunji can tell he tried to control his anger 

 

“Mark! We can’t just get everyone involved! And I can’t just be this damsel in distress who’s not strong enough to fight!” She answered back 

 

“Everyone is already saying they’d protect you! I’ll protect you! Why would you turn your back to our family and just move on to the other side?!”

 

“What’s your problem?! I just want to make sure everyone is safe! Why are you bringing up such things? Well thanks to you, now I lost my appetite” Eunji stood up and grabbed her purse “You’re not the only one who got hurt when our parents separated, but move on Mark. You should know since you shifted already. We can’t control our fate”  She said before walking out. 

 

Jaehyun stood up instantly and followed the girl. 

 

“Well that’s a scene! Way to piss off my bestfriend” Haechan blurted before he started to eat

 

“Calm down Mark. I know you’re just worried about your sister” Taeil said

 

“I don’t want her to go to that side hyung. Not because of what happened in the past, but because of who they are. I’ve seen how dangerous that world is. I don’t want her exposed in that world” Mark said as he sat down and looked at Taeyong. The older one nodded. Everyone in the table knew the moment Mark turned. They heard in his thoughts everything he’s witnessed on that side of the family. Including past enemies wanting to hurt his twin sister. 

 

“Well at least Jaehyun followed her” Jungwoo said

 

“He should really just confess to her. I mean he found her, his mate. It’s only a matter of time before she shifts and they live happily ever after” Jennie animatedly said

 

“Oh you know Jaehyun. He likes being traditional. He wants her to love him not  because they’re “fated” to be together” Yuta answered. 

 

“Yea! Remember when we were in high school? Just before we shifted, you can tell Jaehyun was always beside her. I finally asked him and he said he likes her, but scared that me or Johnny would flip” Taeyong laughed at the memory

 

“What I find amazing is the fact that he liked her since we were in high school. You know when Eunji was so nerdy” Haechan laughed

 

“Is he scared? Not like one can have two mates. He can just be honest with her” Mark laughed. Clearly his mood has changed

 

“Oh careful of what you say” Jungwoo laughed.