Chapter 12

A Voice Out Of This World

Lu Han didn’t even know he could still feel tired.

 

And yet, lately he’s been tired. Tired of seeing Yixing everywhere with Minseok like they are suddenly bff’s or something. Tired of seeing Yixing’s arm casually slung around Minseok’s shoulders. Tired of seeing his face so close to Minseok’s when he whispers something into his ear. Tired of seeing Minseok flashing the Chinese man his adorable gummy smile. Lu Han’s tired of witnessing Yixing touching Minseok’s without getting punched afterwards.

 

He’s tired of Yixing in general. Good guy or not, at the moment Lu Han doesn’t like the younger man at all. And it is not a jealousy thing. It’s just a ghost thing. Probably. Likely. At least he likes to think it is.

 

They are sitting in their typically empty hallway, but this time it’s not just Lu Han and Minseok. Freaking Zhang Yixing is sitting next to Minseok. Again. Lu Han hasn’t been able to say anything yet, because he knows Minseok doesn’t like it when he’s talking to him when there are other people around. Minseok on the other hand looks way too happy to be talking to Yixing while Lu Han’s slowly losing his patience.

 

“Can’t you make him go home? I want to talk to you,” Lu Han eventually whines. He knows he sounds anything but manly, but right now he doesn’t care. He wants Yixing gone. Now.

 

“Actually,” Minseok says, lifting his head and looking at Lu Han. “You can talk to me despite Yixing being there. I told him about you.”

 

Lu Han can’t quite believe what he's hearing. “You told him?!”

 

Minseok nods. “Yeah.”

 

Yixing suddenly joins their conversation. “Is the ghost here? Are you talking to him?” He looks at the direction Minseok is facing, his gaze directed somewhere around Lu Han’s chest.

 

“Yeah, Lu Han’s sitting next to me,” Minseok consults Yixing.

 

“Can you see me?” Lu Han asks. He’s not exactly sure how he should feel. Does he want Yixing to stay and help, or does he want to kick his for sitting so close to Minseok?

 

When Yixing just stares at Lu Han with a stupid look on his face, Minseok helps the younger guy. “He’s asking if you can see him.”

 

Yixing shakes his head. “I don’t see anything. Are you sure he’s there?”

 

“Yeah,” Minseok replies, gently slapping Lu Han’s arm with his and earning a “ Hey! ” from the ghost while Minseok himself winces too because of the feeling of electricity in his arm. “He’s right here.”

 

Extending his arm and half climbing over Minseok, Yixing tries to touch Lu Han too. His hand goes through Lu Han’s chest area and instinctively Lu Han tries to cover his upper body. He doesn’t feel anything though and neither does Yixing as he pulls his hand away after a moment and looks puzzled.

 

“Sorry, hyung. I can see and feel nothing but air…” he apologizes, making Minseok flash him a smile. Lu Han feels the corner of his mouth twitch.

 

“It’s okay. At least you won’t be subjected to endless ramblings of United’s success,” Minseok jokes but Yixing clearly doesn’t understand what’s so funny. 

 

God, Lu Han bets that guy doesn’t even know who Manchester United are. He feels more and more tired.

 

Minseok goes back to scrolling through Naver together with Yixing while Lu Han pouts next to them. Using his phone, Yixing goes through different sites to Minseok, who’s looking at some supernatural forum. 

 

Compared to them Lu Han feels helpless. He wishes he could touch things too so that he could at least help with the info gathering. But no, he can’t do anything. He can’t even tell Yixing that personal space is a thing and maybe he should sit a meter or two further away from Minseok. His mood gradually gets darker and darker until Minseok finally turns to him to show something on his phone. Lu Han shifts closer, maybe unnecessarily so, but he needs to show Yixing he’s allowed to be near Minseok too. Never mind that the other Chinese guy can’t even see him.

 

“This says something about ghosts being able to feel powers flowing inside them like a running river,” Minseok shows Lu Han his phone. “Ever feel anything like that?”

 

“No,” Lu Han answers. 

 

Minseok’s face falls. “Oh, never mind then. I’ll keep looking.”

 

Should there be flowing powers inside him? Lu Han has never felt anything. Except the icy electricity when he and Minseok accidentally touch. He really is a ty ghost, isn’t he? Ever since Minseok came into the picture, Lu Han’s been dead set on the idea of him debuting. He hasn’t even dared to think about the option of it never happening. But now that he’s sitting here helpless, unable to even communicate with more than a single person, he feels something cold going through his insides and it’s not the flowing of ghost powers.

 

He’s never going to debut, is he? He’s going to stay here forever. Alone, after Minseok debuts. If he’s lucky enough maybe his friend will visit him every now and then (if he has free time from his busy schedule). Minseok will grow old, have a wife and cute kids but Lu Han will stay young forever with an outdated hairstyle. Soon he’ll be forgotten, eventually getting more and more bitter until he starts killing people. Then someone will come to investigate. They’ll find out about the ghost, hunt his bones down, burn them and make him disappear from this world for good. He’ll never find pea--- whoa, whoah , how long has Yixing’s hand been resting on Minseok’s shoulder?! The guy even dares to rub his fingers in circles against Minseok’s shirt like he owns him or something. Screw the thoughts about someone burning his bones and Lu Han never debuting, he has much more important things to deal with right now.

 

Like how to make Yixing release his grip on Minseok. It’s like Minseok doesn’t even mind! He’s just sitting there, being all snuggly against Yixing. Lu Han can’t believe his eyes. Whenever Lu Han jokingly declares he wants to snuggle against Minseok the elder threatens him with the idea of a spoon going through his head. But clearly Minseok has no objections to being practically half hugged by Yixing.

 

Lu Han’s tired. Screw more people helping him. Screw Yixing. Screw Yixing’s hand on Minseok’s shoulder. He stares at the hand clutching Minseok’s shoulder like it’s the epitome of evil. Yixing’s actually lying, isn’t he? He can actually see Lu Han and is just messing with him. That stupid sleepy face is sending him a message saying “Haha I can touch Baozi but you can’t, kekeke”. Yixing’s just acting like he’s interested in his own phone when in reality he’s just waiting for another opportunity to push his buttons even more. Well, Lu Han’s not having it anymore.

 

He’s not even thinking about what he’s doing. All he knows is that he wants Yixing’s hand off Minseok and he wants it off now. He squints his eyes at the other Chinese man as he proceeds to slap his hand off Minseok’s shoulder.

 

Much better.

 

It’s not until Yixing gasps and Minseok makes a confused face that Lu Han realizes what he just did.

 

“I… my hand just moved on its own!” Yixing looks alarmed, holding his hand far away from his body like it’s possessed.

 

Minseok turns his head towards Lu Han. “Did you just…?”

 

Lu Han doesn’t understand anything anymore. He just… touched something. His hand didn’t go through like it normally does. He actually managed to move something. He stares at his hand like it suddenly grew a sixth finger. Then he fixes his gaze on Minseok. If he can touch Yixing, then…

 

Without a warning he jumps on Minseok, making him yelp and fall against Yixing who’s still trying to understand what just happened to his hand. For a moment Minseok is squished between the two Chinese guys and Lu Han can feel Minseok’s solid chest against his and it’s the greatest feeling in the entire world.

 

Until he finally slips through Minseok and the floor underneath. But Lu Han doesn’t care. He doesn’t care when he finds himself floating in the room below Minseok and Yixing, because he just… he just felt Minseok. He touched something and it touched him back and Lu Han is the happiest ghost alive (dead?) right now.

 

He’ll never ever feel tired of seeing Yixing anymore. He loves Yixing now. Although not as much as he loves being able to touch Minseok. Which he is going to be doing a lot more from now on.