fourteen

Fixing You Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The four girls stared at Joohyun.

 

"Guys..." Yerim burst out laughing. "Look at her face. Look at her!"

 

Joohyun gaped at them. "Is something on my face...?"

 

She had just finished telling them what happened with her and Seulgi, and as much as she expected this type of treatment from her best friends... Well, it still shocked her.

 

Sooyoung's face displayed total cringe alert. "Unnie... you have the eyes. The eyes." "What eyes?" Joohyun shrieked, starting to panic. Did she contract some sort of weird eye mutation from— "I bet you she stared at this Seulgi girl for a looooot of time," Yerim's sister, Taeyeon, slid a tall glass in front of Joohyun and poured her some beer and nodded at Seungwan, making Joohyun feel like she was as interesting as a National Geographic documentary of a giraffe giving birth, "Because look at those damn eyes. The eyes never lie."

 

"CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S WITH MY EYES?" Joohyun snapped. Seungwan snorted and downed a whole glass of beer before saying, "The lovestruck eyes, Joo. The ones that go 'goo-goo-ga-ga' over someone they like." 

 

"Does someone, like, have a mirror around here?" Sooyoung called out, putting on a valley girl accent, "Just so she can see how her eyes look like?" Yerim was almost in hysterics as she laughed, pointing at Joohyun. "It's gone! Nooooo!"

 

Joohyun sighed, and Seungwan took that as a signal to round up all the girls into seriousness. She shushed Sooyoung and Yerim, and Taeyeon herself went off to serve some of the patrons hanging out by the bar.

 

"Well, all I can say right now is I'm happy for you, I guess," Seungwan started, exhaling deeply. "You seem genuinely happy." "And happy looks good on you," Yerim agreed, to which Sooyoung nodded excitedly. "Like, not to switch up or anything but the way you're acting with her is definitely different from how you acted with your other girls before." "Yah, Sooyoung-ah, don't make it look like I'm collecting them!" Joohyun swatted the tall girl's arm, and the latter laughed.

 

She did a mental recap of her actions since meeting Seulgi. She seemed okay. Happier than usual, despite the regular iness. And she was doing good academics-wise, too. So—she thought, and the idea immediately put a smile to her lips—hanging out with Seulgi had to be one of the best things to ever happen to her. Not her whole life, that's for sure. Yet. 

 

"Yah." Yerim snapped her fingers in front of Joohyun's eyes. "She's thinking about her again, my god." "Ahhhh, that's so frustrating!" Sooyoung grabbed her hair and pretended to pull it. "I want to be in love too!"

 

Seungwan coughed. "Aren't you, like, seeing someone?" "You mean she was seeing someone." Joohyun crossed her arms. "I may have been too starry-eyed over Miss Kang lately, but I'm updated." She leaned over the bar counter and grinned at Sooyoung, who, for the first time in forever, seemed like she didn't want to be the center of attention. "I heard you were seen at the mall with that guy who works part-time at Lotte World?" "His name is Jaehyun," Yerim piped, which earned her a hair pull from Sooyoung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter