ten

Fixing You Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You guys didn’t wait for us?”

 

Yerim looked up and side-eyed Sooyoung, who was probably busy chatting with Hayoung and Yerin on KKT. “Sorry. We thought you’d just be… late.”

 

Joohyun and Seungwan sat directly in front of the two younger girls. “Just talked about something. No biggie.”

 

Sooyoung looked up at the two, sipping some banana milk. “It’s the ‘no biggie’ for me.” Seungwan glared at her, threatening to throw an apple on her head. Sooyoung just laughed and went back on her phone.

 

“Well, what’s up?” Joohyun casually asked Yerim. “Did anything happen while we were gone?”

 

Yerim side-eyed Sooyoung again, but this time the latter caught her stare. Under the table, Sooyoung stepped firmly on Yerim’s foot, causing the youngest to let out a tiny yelp.

 

Seungwan looked around. “Yah, Joo, aren’t you ordering?” She got up and readied her wallet.

 

Joohyun was about to stand up and follow her when a breeze with the scent of peppermint tea made her turn.

 

Kang Seulgi just passed by.

 

She watched as the girl set her tray on the table and started to eat.

 

“Yeah, I’m not really hungry,” Joohyun said, starting to make her way to Seulgi’s table, but Sooyoung grabbed her hand. She turned to face her. “Really, Joohyun? Really?” “In front of my salad, too?” Yerim laughed. Seungwan snorted. “You don’t eat salad.”

 

Yerim smiled humorlessly at the short-haired girl. “It’s an expression.”

 

“Is something wrong?” Joohyun asked them all. She just wanted to sit and talk with Seulgi.

 

Sooyoung tilted her head with an apologetic expression on her face. “She has company.”

 

Joohyun turned and looked back at Seulgi’s table. There was a guy from her Chemistry class sitting beside Seulgi now, pointing something at a textbook with her nodding along as she ate some nori sheets.

 

“Am I not Seulgi’s only tutee?” She asked Seungwan. Seungwan laughed. “A little possessive, are we, Miss Bae?”

 

Joohyun then grabbed her wallet from her bag, and after casting one last look over at Seulgi’s table, followed Seungwan silently to get some food.

 

Sooyoung and Yerim eyed each other, then shrugged.

 

Was Joohyun… jealous?
 

In line to buy some food, Joohyun had a frown on her face. Seungwan chuckled. “You’re jealous.”

 

The small brunette grimaced even more. “I am not.” “Oh yeah?” Seungwan jeered at her. “You’re not exactly a professional liar these days, girl.” “Please ing shut up, Wan, we literally just got into good terms again.” Joohyun sighed and looked again at Seulgi and the guy, who were now talking to each other and smiling.

 

Joohyun tried to look at Seulgi.

 

What were they talking about? Why are they smiling? Was she happy with him? Did he know her a lot? Does she know him a lot? Why do they look so happy?

 

Someone snapped at her face. She turned and looked at Seungwan, whose fingers were directly in front of her nose. “You do know it’s rude to stare, right?”

 

Joohyun sighed again, for what felt like the tenth time in 30 minutes. “He’s a guy from my Chem class but I couldn’t seem to catch his name. And Seulgi’s not even in my Chem class. Why would he go to her?” “Maybe they’re classmates in a class you’re not in. Not everything revolves around you, Joo.” Seungwan paid the woman by the counter and got two cans of Sprite and two corn dogs, one for each of them. “It’s on me today, since I don’t think one of us is hungry at all.”

 

“Thanks.” Joohyun took one can and one corndog and walked back to their table. As she passed by Seulgi’s table, she tried really hard not to stare.

 

As in, really hard.

 

But she did look at her, and it was as if things turned into slow motion.

 

Seulgi looked up at her just as the guy beside her turned away to get something from his bag. There was a hint of a… smile on her face, and Joohyun was just about to smile back…

 

Joohyun blinked and was pulled back by Seungwan just as a guy on roller skates slid by. “Watch it!” Seungwan shouted, and the guy just gave them a barking laugh. Seungwan raised her middle finger at him in response.

 

“Oh, god, I’m so sorry,” Joohyun whispered. Seungwan gaped at her. “You should be glad I have good reflexes.” She walked back to their table, where Yeri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter