entry 109

hello stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

click this link for the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5BRuWS9iAk 

hello stranger by barbara lewis

xxx

Entry 109

September 14, 19xx

THURSDAY

 

This may be the last time I will write in this journal. My death is inevitable on this very night, but I have to write down the happiest I have been in my short life. As for the person who will have the chance to read this, I want you to know that if I were to be reincarnated, I want to be a citizen of this small and homely town called Enas Niata. That way, I can be with the love of my life. I wish to hold her again, but I am a fool for running away. I spoiled my only shot of being happy. I deserve this death that comes to me with open arms. 

xxx

I woke up early in the morning to ask the help of Wendy. She is the only person in my crew who has a sense of style. I want my dinner with Victoria tonight to be perfect. We went to numerous boutiques to find an evening gown that would suit Victoria the best. I was not satisfied with the selection I had seen, so I entered every clothing store available in this small town. Fortunately, I found the most exquisite piece of clothing that would match perfectly for my companion. I paid quite a lot for the evening gown, but it did not matter to me as long as it was for Victoria. From pieces of jewelry to shoes, I picked them with Victoria in my mind. 

At noon, I was held by business calls from the government, asking for the day of my return. It took hours to convince them that I would not exceed my stay here for two weeks, but I had already told my crew that we would be here for a while. They had some questions at first, but they agreed on my decision to stay here. I received orders that I shall travel to Spain and deliver a message for the Marines. My superior said it was an urgent matter, but frankly, I think that he may have overworked me over these past few years and that he shouldhave gave the ssignment to another person.

As soon as I was done with my prior engagements, I ran to the shore to pick up Victoria. She was already there waiting for me.

" I'm sorry for being late. " I told her. My eyes wandered everywhere except to her body when I wrapped my coat on her shoulders. " Did you wait long for me? 

" Do not worry too much. I'm just glad you're here to see me again. " Victoria said. " I feel that a storm is coming. Would it be alright for us to go down to town? "

 I put my arm around her waist as we walked. I could sense that she was anxious. It didn't seem like there would be a storm. The sky was clear, and the ocean didn't look disturbed. " Do not worry, Victoria. Everything will be alright. "

xxx

I stood in my quarters with a whisky in my hand. The sound of the clock ticking made me tenser. Suchan entered without even knocking and poured himself a glass of whisky too. 

" You look dashing in that suit," he said as he walked towards me. " It must be a special night for you and your lady friend. "

I took a sip of whisky and addressed him. " It depends. I have not been excited about anything except this. "

Suchan tapped my arm, a gesture he would always do to assure me that he was there. " I hope you will not run away again this time, Yujin."

" What do you mean? " 

Before I could hear what Sungchan had to say, a knock from Wendy interrupted our talk. She informed me that Victoria was already waiting outside. I put down my glass and urged Sungchan to continue what he was trying to tell me, but he did not say anything after that. 

I went to the deck of the boat to meet Victoria. When my eyes finally met hers, the moonlight that basked her beauty seemed to be dull and insignificant because Victoria's brilliance outshined everything. The evening gown adorned with jewels exposed her back and her slender arms. The dress hugged her tiny waist perfectly. Her silhouette will have every woman in town jealous. Her long black hair was slicked back, making her jawline more defined. The diamonds in her neck were almost blinding. Everything about her is perfect. Take every piece of clothing and jewelry from her, and she is divine. 

I have found the most beautiful thing in this world. It's Victoria. It's always been her. 

" I absolutely adore you. " 

xxx

 

As expected, Victoria garnered every attention in the restaurant when we walked in. She had her arms clung to mine. The waiter escorted us to our seat at the center of the restaurant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter