entry no. 103

hello stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Entry no.103

September 6, 19xxx

TUESDAY

Today's weather is pleasant. I am writing this entry in my quarters. Drunk as a mouse, as usual. But I still have the consciousness to report what happened on my fourth day here in Enas Niata. I could not document what happened to me these past few days because I have nothing to write except that I got drunk almost everyday. I might be inconsistent and unreliable for writing what happened on my fourth day,  but I assure the reader of my journal that I tried to be honest and precise as I recall everything. When I woke up at noon, I saw my crew clad in their best linen suits and their polished shoes. Jihoon, who rarely combs his hair, used a pomade given by his father. He became the target of teasing immediately. They accused him of tricking young maidens to wed him while we stay here in this island. We laughed because it was true. My old friend, Sungchan, also my first mate gave me a cup of hot coffee while I was cleaning the pendant I always wear with a warm cloth. He always does this ever since we boarded the ship together for the first time when we were still kids. He said he reminds me of his younger sister.


After discussing a few important matters, we left the ship. We were welcomed once again by the people of Enas Niata with a big smile on their faces. They speak with loud voices, and half of the time, I wondered if they speak a different language. I have reflected on this thought as I am writing this. If only I were as experienced as my father, I would not have been trifled with such a minor issue. I wish to have an open mind just like him. 


We spent the day drinking in a pub, talking amongst each other, and humoring the women who came to our table. We have been sailing the seas for almost three years now, and this is the only break I have given to my men. But I have a reason why I chose Enas Miata to be the place where we rest. I had acquired my father's journal from my uncle four months ago. He talked of this small island beautifully. He wrote that after sailing the sea in hopes of finding the most beautiful thing in this world, he finally had laid eyes on it. He fulfilled his life's purpose after dying from sickness. 


As usual, I minded my own business. My mother would be very much disappointed if she learned that I could now drink several bottles of liquor in one sitting. I am sorry, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter