entry 107

hello stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Entry 107

September 12, 19xx

TUESDAY

 

The happiest day of my life was when my father went home for three days after sailing the sea for almost a year in a half. I think I was six at that time. We drove to the countryside where we have a well-kept cabin near the lake. My father took me to fish with him. We had a swell time. I didn't know how to use a fishing rod back then. It was also the day I knew that I couldn't learn how to swim. I fell on the lake two times, which means my father had to save me for the same number. I think it was the kindest thing he has ever done for me. Fishing is romance for men, they say. It's true because I hated waiting for hours before a fish bites my line, but I liked fishing because my father was there with me. He didn't say much, but I liked to think he enjoyed my company.

But as I write this entry in my journal, I found out that human beings can be genuinely happy beside themselves. No, I just think that this creature, Victoria, has the brightest smile I've ever seen. By simply looking at her, I no longer wish to be sad anymore. 

I went to the shore as promised to pick her up. I left my quarters around 10 in the morning, wearing a single-ed, two-buttoned navy blue suit and a white dress shirt. I dressed simply so that I could mingle just perfectly with the people at the festival. Some of the sand got into my Oxford shoes, so I had to take it off every two minutes and remove the sand that tickled my feet. When I have arrived at our meeting spot, I saw Victoria hiding behind a rock. She was peeking as if she was a scared child in the presence of a dentist or a doctor. Her naivety suits her angel-like face. 

" Good morning. " I greeted her while adjusting my tie. " Are you decent? " 

Victoria slowly revealed herself to me, . She was standing in human legs. She said she could turn her tail into legs as she wishes but now that I see her with a human body, I suddenly become shy. Her slender body looked so frail, just like before, I was afraid to ruin her. She walked up to me as if she was a fawn staggering, a bit unsure whether what foot she would put up next. I caught her in my arms when she was about to fall. We were about the same height. 


I told her that she had to wear clothes, so I walked back to my ship with her. Of course, I was decent enough to let her wear my coat. My crew asked me who the lass I came back with and kept asking me questions about her. Fortunately, Ms. Wendy, the cook, was kind enough to take Victoria from me. I asked her to dress Victoria and let her wear diamonds to make her look like a commoner. We do not want unnecessary attention from people. But then again, Victoria's face is enough to cause a stir from curious eyes. 

Now, I do feel a little bit of regret that I never told Victoria how beautiful she was wearing that white satin pleated dress. I stayed and walked behind, watching her as she gander around the town, admiring everything she saw. There was a childlike glint in her eyes, which I envied. She lives in a completely different world from me, but she saw these wretched places with awe while I felt nothing but apathy. Around two in the afternoon, I brought her to a bakery and let her pick what she wanted to eat. 

" Can I have those colorful-looking stones, please? " she said. I stifl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter