I Will Not Cry Again

Cling

Hyo Min’s POV

The second she turned around to face us, Joon dropped my hand like he had just been electrocuted. I watch in silent as he continued to gape at the woman whom appa had brought us to.

I continued to observe him as his usual joyful expression changed abruptly the moment he laid his eyes on her; his eyes not blinking even once.

I felt a stabbing pain in my heart.

He has never looked at me that way before.

Joon has always treated me in a very nice way; never once has he let me down before. Even though I acted nonchalantly around him, he still goes out of his way to ensure I won’t shed another tear again.

But this time, the undeniable look in his eyes; it makes me feel almost wistful.

“Hello Lee Joon,” she finally spoke up breaking the silence. “It’s been awhile hasn’t it?”

It took a moment for him to regain his composure and find his voice again.

“Sori. Yes, I haven’t seen you for quite some time,” he stated.

So that was her name. Sori.

I stood beside him quietly as I studied her carefully in front of me.

She was elegantly beautiful. With the midnight blue dress draping over her lean body fittingly and her jet black hair which was tied high up in a neat bun complimenting her sharp features; she was easily the most attractive guest at the party.

And she had this intimidating aura around her which made me felt small immediately standing near her. Everything about her was downright perfect; it was no surprise why Joon was acting strangely.

Just then, she turned her attention away from him and seemed to notice my presence for the first time.

She raised her eyebrow thoughtfully and gave me a friendly smile.

“Ah, who do we have here? Are you going to introduce her to me?”

I was expecting for him to let her know about my status but to my disappointment, he seemed to be frozen in his spot.

Seriously, was her effect on him this strong?

I was about to open my mouth to just introduce myself but appa beat me to it.

“Sori, this is Hyo Min. Lee Joon’s wife. If I’m not mistaken, you didn’t come for their wedding right?”

“Wife?” her smile starting to fade slightly. “I didn’t even know Joon had gotten married.”

“Really? Joon, didn’t you invite Sori?”

I could see his thoughts were still far away from this room so I nudged him softly at the side.

“Huh? Oh, no. I didn’t invite her. I...didn’t know when she had return back to Korea.”

“It’s okay,” Sori answered in an upbeat voice but her smile seems to be aloof now.

“Anyway,” she continued as she took both of his hands in his. “Since we haven’t seen each other since awhile, we have many things to catch up on. Are you free now?”

“Uh, now? But we’ve just reached. And Hyo Min and I...” he turned towards me and meet my eyes for the first time since our encounter with Sori. He looked at me helplessly, torn about what he should do.

“Ah, I’m sure Hyo Min doesn’t mind right?” Sori looked at me pointedly.

I forced myself to smile as I said,

“It’s okay. You can go ahead with Sori since you guys have a lot of things to talk about. I can go back by myself later.”

“Are you sure?” Joon asked as he pulled his hands away from hers and touched me gently on the shoulder. I nodded at him showing that I was fine.

“I’ll call you later okay? And don’t wait up for me in case I’ll be home late. Thanks Hyo Min. I’ll see you later,” he leaned in close to give me a peck on the cheek.

I smiled politely at her as she led Joon out of there.

“They were really close back then.”

I looked up at appa who was holding out a drink for me. I took it from him slowly and took a sip.

“Close friends?”

Appa didn’t answer my question but he just smiled at me before indicating for me to eat.

That was good enough for me. It was better than hearing it for myself.

 

Appa had offered to ask his chauffeur to send me home after the party but I declined since our home wasn’t really far away and taking a walk could help clear my mind.

I shivered in my coat as the night’s cold air breezed past me. I wrapped myself tightly as I began walking slowly back home.

And at times like this, whenever I’m alone; there was only one person to occupy my thoughts.

Jun Ho.

The emptiness in my heart which he had left since 3 months ago could still be felt until today. And probably until my last breath.

Every time I think about him, my legs would weaken and my lips would tremble. I thought I would have drained up all my tears but there seems to be no end to it.

I bit on my lips hard to stop the tears from tumbling over and breaking down in the middle of the road.

“Hyo Min, are you cold? Aish, you should’ve worn something thicker.”

I glanced up to my left side and I saw Jun Ho smiling down at me.

He looked just fine, almost perfect; with no trace of weakness on his face. His cheeks looked healthily round and his eyes was full of life. And his smile had his usual playful glow.

Just like how I have always remembered him.

 

Note ; I read through your suggestions and decided that Sori suit the profile well :) Thanks guys for reading and commenting <3