How Long Do I Have To Wait

Cling

Hyo Min’s POV

I touched the new diamond cut ring on my finger carefully. It was glimmering beautifully under the bright light but I felt nothing close to the excitement of being someone’s wife.

Wife. Married.

Not Jun Ho.

There was a sudden burning sensation coming from the ring; like it was piercing through my skin and I quickly took it off and set it aside.

I gripped at my new bed sheets tightly.

New bed.

Someone to share it with.

I jumped up from the bed like it had sent electric jolts to my body.

My eyes narrowed at the ring which was glaring brightly at me.

Sure. Jun Ho had picked out that ring himself. He had bought it for me.

But it wasn’t him who had worn it for me. It wasn’t him I whispered my vows to. It wasn’t him who promised to take me as his lawful wedded wife.

It certainly wasn’t Jun Ho who had kissed me on the lips when we were pronounced husband and wife.

It was Joon.

Jun Ho’s brother; whom I had completely no idea I would end up marrying.

And I didn’t think I would’ve gone ahead with Jun Ho’s idea.

What was I thinking?

“Hyo Min? You’re still up?”

I whirled around at the sound of Joon’s deep voice. I didn’t realised when he had come into the room.

And I didn’t expect him to stand there in front of me, all changed out from his tux to casual pants and a sleeveless white top.

I felt my cheeks getting hot as I turned to face the other direction.

“I...uh...I was just going to the bathroom,” I made up an excuse to get away from him.

Just before I entered the toilet, I felt him grabbing hold of my hand.

I yanked it away in surprise and looked down to the ground.

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

“I just wanted to say...you can have the bed. I’ll just sleep on the floor,” he said quietly.

“Are you sure? I don’t mind sleeping on the floor either.”

He gave me a small smirk.

“That wouldn’t make me a good husband right? Go ahead and wash up. You can get some rest after that. You’ve had a long day.”

I went in the toilet and locked the door behind me.

As I stared back at my reflection on the mirror, I wondered how long will I be able to keep up with this?

 

Lee Joon’s POV

“Good morning!” I greeted when I saw her coming down the stairs. “Come and have breakfast.”

As I laid the freshly cooked egg on her plate, I couldn’t help but notice she was still standing there awkwardly; like she wasn’t sure on how to react.

I went over to her side and pulled out a chair for her.

“Come, sit down,” I gave her a warm smile.

“Did you do this all by yourself?”

Nay. I woke up early so I decided to make breakfast for us. Try it. Then you can tell me if I’m a good cook.”

I watched her as she took a small bite of her food. It was fascinating to watch her chew on her food slowly.

She saw me looking and it made her blushed. I couldn’t help grinning when she did that. I find her even more beautiful when she’s being all embarrassed like that.

“So? Is it nice?”

She nodded slowly.

“You’re a good cook. Both of you are...” her voice trailed off and I knew who she was thinking of.

“Hyo Min,” I called out, hoping to distract her. “Do you want to go anywhere? For our honeymoon?”

“Honeymoon?” she repeated. “No. I’d just like to stay here, if you don’t mind.”

I gave myself a mental smack. Of course she wouldn’t want to go anywhere with me. That was a given fact.

“Sure. It’s okay. I don’t mind. Well, what do you want to do today?”

“Stay home I guess,” she replied shortly.

“You haven’t been out much right? Sure you don’t want to go anywhere?” I tried again.

I didn’t want to force her but I meant well. I didn’t want her to be cooped up at home anymore; it’ll just make her think about Jun Ho more.

I worry for her; I certainly didn’t want her to slip into depression.

“I’m sure. You can go ahead if you want. I’ll be fine on my own.”

I sighed in defeat. This is sure going to take a long time.

 

Note; Hey guys. Sorry if this update isn't any good. I didnt want you guys to wait for a long time :/ Try my best for the next chapter :)

Ohh yeah, you guys can apply for one shots too if you want ; Love Is