I Wished That You Wouldn't Be My Love

Cling

Lee Joon’s POV

It was saddening to even hear her play the piano with that kind of melody. No matter how much I tried to tune it out, I can feel her pain in my heart too.

3 months.

Jun Ho’s been gone for 3 months now.

We’ve been married for 3 months.

But it feels like everything had just happened yesterday.

The loss. The pain. The tears.

Hyo Min.

She’s been putting up a strong in front of me, our families. But there are still some nights where I would come home from work and I would hear her crying silently in the bathroom.

I know she’s been trying very hard to get a move on with life and she doesn’t want to offend my feelings but I know my wife well enough. She can’t hide anything from me.

Not being able to take it any longer, I approached her slowly from behind.

“Hyo Min,” I called out to her gently as I placed both hands on her shoulders. I could feel her stiffening up at my touch.

 Yes. She’s still awkward around me at times.

“It’s late. Shall we go to sleep?”

She looked up at me and managed a small smile.

“You must be feeling tired right Joon? It’s okay. You can go to bed first.”

I dropped both hands to my side as I took a sit beside her.

“How’s your pottery class coming along?”

Her face lit up when I mentioned about her new class. She must have a lot of passion for it.

“Great. I’ve learnt how to make more difficult pieces. I could show you some when you visit me sometimes.”

Jinjja? That’s good,” I grinned at her, happy that she wants to talk to me. “Yes, I should pay you a visit sometimes when I’m not busy with work.”

“How’s work?”

“Work?” I rubbed my eyes tiredly. “I wished I didn’t have to work.”

“Tired aren’t you?” she asked casting a glance at me. “Go to sleep Joon. You don’t have to wait for me.”

“Hyo Min,” I scooted closer to her. “You are...more comfortable around me now right? I mean, you can accept my presence already?”

Her eyes fell back down on the piano once again as she the keys carefully.

“You’re not a bad person,” she answered simply.

I chuckled at her answer. Casually, I put an arm around her shoulder.

“You make it sound as if you thought I was a criminal. Hyo Min, do you think...”

“Do you want to hear me play something else Joon?” she cut me off.

My heart sank. I don’t know for how many times more she wants to reject me; when all I want to do is get closer to her. As her husband, I have my rights too right?

“It’s okay. I’ll go to sleep first. Don’t stay up too late okay? Goodnight,” I leaned in to give her a peck on the cheek.

I was thankful she didn’t push me away when I did that.

 

“You look beautiful tonight,” I whispered to Hyo Min who was standing beside me looking elegantly dressed in a simply white dress.

Our family were having their annual dinner party and we were asked to come to grace the event.

I thought Hyo Min would decline at first, but to my surprise she willingly agreed to it.

“Really? So I don’t look beautiful any other day?” she gave me a small grin.

“Ah, anyo. You know what I mean. Let’s get inside,” I said as I held out my arm for her.

Fortunately, she slipped her hand into mine without resisting.

I was glad that she was finally feeling better and that she doesn’t mind going out with me in public now.

“Joon! Hyo Min! Both of you are finally here. I wonder what took you so long.”

Hyo Min bowed down slightly to her father-in-law.

“Mianhe appa. I took a long time to get dressed.”

“Oh no it’s okay. And I can see that it’s worth it, am I right son?”

Nay appa. Is everyone here already?” I asked.

“Oh yes, there’s someone I want you to meet. Come here, I’ll let her know you’ve arrived. I’m sure she’ll be glad to see you again,” appa gave me a knowing smile.

She? See me again? Who was he talking about?

I exchanged looks with Hyo Min and shrugged. I was just as clueless as her.

Her back was turned to us so I couldn’t see her face. Appa leaned in close to whisper something to her and I could see her face lit up from the side.

As soon as she turned around to face us; I could feel all the colour draining from my face.

I immediately drop Hyo Min’s hand and she must’ve been wondering what made me react that way suddenly.

Because I certainly didn’t expect to see her again.

Not now, not ever.

 

Note; Hey guys, I need your help with something. Any suggestions on who the mystery woman should be? I just can't think up of any names to fit in the role now :/