I'm Sending You Away

Cling

Hyo Min’s POV

A week. Jun Ho’s been gone for a week now. 7 days didn’t felt like such a long time, until now. And everyday my routine was the same; to sit by my bedroom window and weep away silently.

No, I still haven’t got over his sudden passing. Everything happened in a blink of eye, how was I supposed to grasp the whole truth?

Jun Ho. I can still feel his presence lingering around me sometimes. I sound crazy, I know that. But I’d like to think he was still there, still watching over me. He wouldn’t leave me behind all alone; he isn’t the type to do that.

As I reached my hand into my jeans pocket, I felt a folded piece of paper tucked inside and pulled it out slowly.

Jun Ho’s letter.

I peeled it open with trembling hands, curious about its content yet at the same time thinking about it being the last thing I received from him makes me sad all over again.

To my dearest Hyo Min,

Don’t cry. Please don’t sweetheart. You do know that, even if I’m not there with you, my love will always reach you.

I’m very sorry this letter is the only thing I can give you for our 3rd year anniversary. The truth is, I already had a ring carved out specially for you. I want you to stay by my side forever.

But since I can’t do that now, I hope you will take into consideration about what I’m going to tell you.

Hyo Min, you know I don’t like to force you to do something you don’t want to but just this once; I hope you will grant my wish to put my mind at ease.

Marry Lee Joon.

I’ve already talked to Joon hyung about this, he has given me his word he will take good care of you. He will be the one to take over my responsibility of looking after you. I trust only him and no one else. You’re very precious to me Hyo Min, that’s why I’m doing this.

Please. Just this once, I’m begging you. Give hyung a chance. You don’t know how happy it’ll make me if you agree to this.

Don’t ever think for a second I’ve ever stopped loving you. That will never happen. Even when I’ve stopped breathing, my love for you has no end.

The one who always loves you,

Jun Ho

Tears were already streaming down my face.

Marry Lee Joon.

The words which caught my breath.

How could he even suggest this? Jun Ho must be kidding. He must be pulling a mean trick on me. There was no way I was going to go along with this.

“Hyo Min?” I heard my door creaked opened and my father called out to me.

The tears which stained my face were quickly wiped away with the back of my hand.

Nay?”

“Are you okay?” he asked as he stepped inside the room.

“I’m...fine,” I lied.

“What is that?” he asked pointing towards the letter in my hand.

“Nothing. What is the matter appa?”

“We need to talk. This cannot go on anymore,” he said as he took a seat beside me.

“What do you mean?” I feigned ignorance, knowing well enough what he meant. I had a feeling, appa knew more than I did.

“You need to move on with life Hyo Min,” he said softly. “You can’t carry on being like this.”

“I like it this way. There’s nothing that I want to change about it.”

“Hyo Min, I don’t know if you already know about this but Jun Ho had a last wish before he left. He wants you to...”

“I don’t want to hear about it!” I cried out.

“I think it’s a good idea,” appa said slowly. “You need someone to look after you.”

“Jun Ho can never be replaced!” I protested with fresh tears already b in my eyes.

Appa went silent for awhile. He knew he couldn’t force me but at the same time he didn’t want to disappoint Jun Ho, whom he had already regarded as his own son.

Just then, I heard footsteps coming towards my room. Thinking it was my mother, I turned anxiously wanting some help.

But to my dismay, Joon was standing at my doorway with his hands tucked in his pockets.

The one person I didn’t want to see now.

He shot a look at my father and appa nodded in understanding towards him.

Great, how was I going to get out of this?

Appa stood up and gave my shoulders a slight squeeze before making his way out. He whispered something to Joon before leaving the two of us alone.

“Hello Hyo Min. How are you doing?” Joon asked as he sat at the edge of my bed facing me.

“I’m doing fine by myself,” I replied shortly.

“So I guess you’ve already know about it?”

“I’m not going along with it. End of discussion.”

 

Lee Joon’s POV

“I’m not going along with it. End of discussion.”

Her tone was so finalised, she was not going to even give me a chance.

I rubbed my hands together and let out a loud sigh.

“I know you’re still upset about the whole thing. And I know, you still love Jun Ho.”

She just shrugged. She was not making things any easier for me.

“I’m not here to replace Jun Ho, or ask you to love me instead. I’m just here to take good care of you for the rest of my life, just like how I’ve promised my brother. I’ve given him my word, I’ll never let any harm come to you.”

“So you’re asking me to live in a lie with you? To marry a person whom I completely have no feelings for?” she asked pointedly and yes, it hurts.

I’ve always liked Hyo Min. Her caring and cheerful personality. I loved how she had brightened up Jun Ho’s life.

So of course it hurts, when she’s being harsh to me like right now.

“I’m asking you to think of Jun Ho, and how much this would mean to him. He’ll be so happy to see you agree to his wish. Don’t you want that for him Hyo Min?” I asked her carefully.

“Why is he doing this?” she asked no one in particular. “I don’t get it.”

I shook my head slowly.

“I don’t either. Jun Ho had always been full of surprises.”

“What do you think?” she asked me suddenly.

I took a moment to answer.

“I’d do anything he asked me to. Whatever that makes him happy. Because he’ll always be Jun Ho, my only dongsaeng.”

I saw a tear sliding down her face.

I had to resist myself from going over and pull her into a hug. I wanted to comfort her and tell her everything was going to be alright.

But I don’t want to make things worst between us.

“For Jun Ho,” she whispered.