Chapter 2: Goodbye Hyukkie

Letters

Letters

Chapter 2: Goodbye Hyukkie

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

April 4, 2017

It was raining. Thunders can be heard, and lightning can be seen. The sky was dark, lonely and in pain. It was raining very hard. And there was one particular person standing infront of a cemetery stone. Yes, there was a person standing infront of a cemetery stone while it was raining hard. He didn't care. He doesn't care if he got he sick, or what could happen to him. He doesn't care anymore. He's already lost. And that particular person is Lee Donghae. He brought a bouquet of flowers as usual, and place it infront of his lover's stone. He kneeled down and touched the engraved name on the stone.

Lee Hyuk jae (이혁재)

April 4, 1986 - October 14, 2015

Tears have flown out from his eyes, and he began to cry and wail in pain of his heart. He looked at the engraved stone with painful and guilty eyes, and his tears becomes like an endless water that kept falling down. Pictures of his lover's face began to flashes through his eyes. Hyukjae smiling at him, pouting, giving him his gummy smile, and most of all calling his name.

"Hae..."

"Hyukkie..."

He closed his eyes, and remembered the day where his soul and heart crushed into a million pieces and became lost in this world.

Flashback

~October 14, 2015; 2:30 pm~

We have arrived in Seoul, South Korea. Please do check if you have your things with you, and you may now take off your seatbelt. Thank you for your cooperation, and thank you for riding this plane. And please do enjoy your time in Seoul. Good day Sir, and Ma'am. (Don't know what usually they say, so I decided to make up one.)

Right now I'm in Incheon International Airport, looking at the bright sun and taking off my sunglasses. I inhaled the fresh air, and smiled to myself as I have returned back in Seoul, my home. Sungmin hyung, called me the other day to come back here in Seoul quickly. I don't know why I can't get out this feeling of something bad is going to happen, wait no, I already have this feeling, the time when I left Hyuk-Eunhyuk back then.

Another Flashback (Short one. This flashback is pertaining to Sungmin's call to Donghae.)

Ring~Ring~Ring

"Hmm....Who would be calling at this time? It's 2 am in the morning, for goodness sake." I looked for my phone underneath my pillow, and finally found it. I looked who is calling, and my eyes finally regained its proper stability. Sungmin....

"Hyung?" I answered the call. I heard a faint crying, but not sure though, it's very faint,so I can't distinguish it. "Donghae......" I heard Sungmin hyung, uttered. Hmm? I wonder what's wrong? His voice is a bit raspy, and a bit choking...

"Hyung, is there something wrong? You're not usually like this. You usually beamed and blabber about random things when I answer your calls. But now....what's wrong?" I asked. I got this bad feeling inside of me. As if something bad is going to happen soon. And this call will soon reveal it. I don't know why I think this way, maybe it's my instincts telling me? I don't know..I'm getting confused here.

"Donghae.....Eunhyuk....he..he.." He stuttered. Eunhyuk? What's wrong with him? Is something wrong? Did something bad happen to him? Did someone hurt him? Did so- okayyy..Donghae, stop thinking about that. And proceed to the call and tell in the cold monotone, that I don't want to talk about him. Okay that's the deal, but......My curiousity is killing me!!!! I want to know Hyukjae's condition now. Okay fine! I'll just ask hyung about his condition. Here it goes....

"Eunhyuk? Tsk. Hyung you kow I don't want to talk about him. If this call is about Eunhyuk, then I'm going to hung up this call." I said in cold, monotone voice. Okay that was stupid. My bad side kicked in. This is very stupid of me. Great Donghae, what will you do now? How will you know Eunhyuk's condition now, huh? Great...

"..O-Okay...if you say so..." He stuttered again, but now I can hear him crying. Uh, oh, this is bad....Step Step Step...What's that? I can hear faint footsteps coming towards....Nevermind.

"Hyung..I didn't mean to-" I was cut off by someone.

"Minnie....who are you talking to?" A cold, monotone voice called Sungmin hyung...Minnie?..Is that Kyuhyun?

"Kyu....I..I.." I heard Sungmin gulped and I heard him whisper to the phone before he hung up.

"Donghae...come back to Seoul quickly and Now." Then he hung up the phone. I process what he said, and decided to go back the day after tomorrow. This is bad....I know it..when I get back....Something/Someone very important to me, will be gone....I know it..This feeling...

End of the flashback

Back to the main flashback

I called out a taxi and decided to stay at a hotel first. Right now I'm lying in the bed and staring at the ceiling, and kept wondering what Sungmin hyung want to tell me that day. "Donghae.....Eunhyuk....he..he.."  I wonder what's wrong with Hyuk-Err, I mean Eunhyuk. Sigh...I'm not used not calling him 'that' nickname. I flashbacked the day when I broke up with him on the phone. A single tear flowed out in my eye, and I feel my heart twist in pain like a rope being twist mutiple times. It hurts. It hurt so much...the day when I broke up with him...His crying and pleading is haunting me....Its haunting me....and it wants me to rewind things again. "Hae...." My eyes flew open as I heard my name. I sat up and looked around who called me, but there was no one except me. "Hae...." That voice....Hyukkie...

Ring~Ring~Ring~

I picked up my phone and looked who's the caller ID is..Sungmin hyung...I stared at my phone and my guts is telling me that this is like a de javu and after a minute I answered the call.

"Hyung?" I heard crying, and wailing at the same time. Mournful sobs and cry can be heard. What is this feeling? I feel this day will completely destroy me. Okay...Donghae..calm down. Calm yourself down.

"Hyung tell me what's wrong." Sob was his answer.....and I can hear someone or people saying something like:

"No....He can't die!....Eu..uk.."

"Why do you have to die?...."

"Why didn't you wait for Donghae?..."

"Don't you even dare bring out that filthy bastard's name!"

"But...but...."

"I don't care! Don't ever say that name ever again...he ruined Eun..uk's life, he ruined his entire life, and person, and it's his fault that Eun..uk..is dead now! So don't you even dare utter his name..or else I'll kill you first before him!"

"Sorry....."

"Hyu...ae....why do you have to die?"

What was that? I heard my name there. What the hell is going on? Someone died. And who were they pertaining to? I can't hear the person's name very well. My mind is in a 'lot of paper procces.'Wait...don't tell me that...

"Sungmin! Where are you now!" Sobs was still his answer...! I need to know now. My body is quivering in fear and panic. Then finally I can hear him."Seoul National University Hospital...." Then he hung up. I quickly took my jacket and put on my shoes and went there.

Eunhyuk...

I went to the front desk and ask if Lee Hyukjae is hospitalized. The nurse nodded, and she gave me the number of the room. "A-1015" I ran my way there and finally I was infront of the door, and my feet and body were shivering in fear and worriedness. I gulped and cleared my throat. I held the doorknob...Don't go inside Donghae...it will only hurt you...to the extent you will kill yourself. *mind speaking* I didn't mind what my mind told me. And turn the doorknob and open it. I should have listened to my mind....now I'm regretting it.

11 faces faced me, and their eyes widened as they saw me. "Donghae..." They mumbled, except Kyuhyun who's crying, that changed into an angry one. I ignored him, and scanned the area, and my eyes stopped at a certain angle. Someone was lying in the bed, with needles punctured into his skin. And that someone was.....Eunhyuk. His heart monitor is flatlined, and his heart rate is comepletely 0. Tears were now b down in my face. I tried to get closert to him, but was stopped by an angry Kyuhyun. "What are you doing here you 'filthy bastard'? And how did you know that we are here? Answer me!" He yelled at me. I gazed at Sungmin who looked at me with a surprised face. Kyuhyun saw this and gave a death glare to Sungmin. "I'll deal with you later, Bunny" He said in a cold, evil/murderer voice. He looked at me from head to toe with disgust. I tried to approach Eunhyuk again, but was stopped again by a punch in the face. My back hit the wall very hard so is my head. I feel a little dizzy, and my vision became blurry but I do know that Kyuhyun is going to punch me again. I was going to defend myself, but the others held him back. And they took him out of the room, the others went outside also leaving me and Leeteuk hyung. I regained my composure, and my vision became clear again.

I saw his eyes were red and puffy. Tears were still b down his face like there was no more. I approached him and looked at the lifeless body, before returning my focus on him. "Hyung...what happened..?" I asked him. He looked at me, and gave me a painful smile, before returning it into a frown. "He...had a cancer...4th stage already...Doctor can't do anything.....He was given 5 months to live...and now his time is up..." He stood up and took out an envelope from his pocket. He looked at the paper and gave it to me. "Read this after you have read all of Hyukjae's letters to you. I know you didn't even bother to read them, but I know you just kept them in a box. Read them first before you read his last letter to you." He tap my shoulder, and whispered to my ears. "Spend your remaing time with Eunhyuk today." And he left. Tears were still pouring down in my eyes, and I looked at Eunhyuk who was lying down in the bed. I sat and held his hand and caressed his cheeks. A smile formed in my face, as I saw how perfect he still is, even though he is already dead.

"Why did you left that bastard in there?"

"Just leave them be Kyuhyun"

"No! I won't accept that. He doesn't deserve to be with Eunhyuk's side after what he had done."

"I can't accept that!!"

"Hold him down boys, don't let him get inside that room. Let's leave them some time for each other."

"Leeteuk! Eunhyuk!! Donghae!!!"

Shouts can be heard outside the door. Guilt daggers were piercing my heart now, and great amount of heavy pain were building up in my heart. It hurts so much...

I touch his eyes, his nose, his mouth, and once again his cheeks. I kissed his forehead and a droplet of tears from my eyes drop through his face. I sobbed harder and squeezed his hand and felt my body shiver because of the coldness in his hand. It was very cold like an ice. God, if you can hear me, please let me say something to Hyukkie, please just this once, please let him be alive. I beg you. I was sobbing hard, until a single sound made my tears stop for a moment. Beep...Beep...Beep...

I looked at the heart monitor and its line wasn't flatflined, instead it was moving up and down. (Sorry don't know what to explain it) My eyes widened, and my eyes traveled back to Hyukkie, his eyelids were half open, and he was smiling at me. Eunhyuk...

His hand slowly went to my hair, and he started to stoke it gently. How I miss your touch Hyukkie... "Hyukkie..." Tears of pain were replaced by tears of happiness in my eyes. I his hair, and smiled. "Hyukkie..Hyukkie..Hyukkie.."

"Hae..." He weakly said. I kissed him and I soon parted ways with him. I looked at him, and saw him smiling at me. I smiled and pecked him in the lips. "Hyukkie...I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I have hurted you and your feelings. And that break up...I didn't really mean it. I was carried away by the past. Please forgive me Hyukkie. I love you so much. I love you and I would do anything for you. So please forgive me Hyukkie." I felt the burden in my heart are slowly fading away. He smiled to me and held my hand. "You don't have to say sorry, Hae. I should be the one saying sorry. I was the one who have hurted you. Please forgive me Hae." He weakly said to me, and tears were forming in his eyes. I caressed his hand and smiled to him. "It's okay..Hyukkie. I forgive you. I'm sorry too. Saranghae, Hyukkie." I kissed his forehead. He gave me his gummy smile, which I missed the most. "Hyukkie...let's start again, can we?" His smile faded, and it turned into a frown.

"I'm sorry Hae...but my time is almost up. I was given only a short time by God to talk with you. I was happy to know that you have forgiven me. And I promise you I was the most happiest person when you said you still loved me. Noel Saranghae Hae. Noel Saranghae" He kissed me with passion and love. And soon he parted ways, and he lied down again, closing his eyes, a smile formed in his face. "I..love..you..until..the...end...Hae." He uttered his last words, and the heart monitor were back to normal being flatlined. Old tears were replaced by New tears. I slowly held his hand, and caressed it. "I love you also Hyukkie..." Thank you God for giving me a chance to talk to him.

End of Main Flashback

He opened his eyes, and looked up in the sky. Rain was still pouring down, and he coudn't distinguish, if he was crying or it was just a rain imitating his tears. "Hae...." He heard his name being called again. He looked around, and saw Eunhyuk beside him. His head resting on his shoulder. His eyes widened as he saw Eunhyuk. "Hy-Hyukkie??" Eunhyuk looked at him in confusion. "Yes, Hae?" Donghae coudn't believe what he is seeing. He touched Eunhyuk from head to toe, and he can feel him. "Hyukkie? Are you alive? Or are you haunting me?" Eunhyuk blinked for a few times and laughed. "Hahaha, Seroiusly Hae, haunting you? Of course not. Well...you see...I'm not really alive. This is my soul." He held his hand, and looked at him."A soul?" Donghae looked at him in confusion. "If your a soul, how come I can touch you and see you?" He added. Eunhyuk just shooked his head meaning he doesn't know either. Donghae was soaking wet while Eunhyuk was not. Donghae understand that he wasn't really alive. "Then, what are you doing here, Hyukkie?" Donghae calmly said. Eunhyuk smiled to him and caressed his cheek. "I'm here to fetch you Hae. I'm taking you with me.....if you want me to. Do you want to come with me Hae?" Donghae looked at him confusingly at first, and soon he nodded. "Of course Hyukkie. I would go anywhere with you. And even if I die today, I know I'll be with you. I'll come with you Hyukkie." Eunhyuk hugged Donghae, and Donghae hugged back. They broke the hug, and both of them stood up. "Shall we go then?" Donghae looked back again, and returned his focus on Eunhyuk. He smiled and nodded. They left the place with their hands entwined together.

~~~~~~

In the midst of all..in other's ponit of view. After Donghae looked in the sky, he fell to the ground, and a car pass by, Leetuek, Kangin, Siwon and Kibum came out of the car, and went near to Donghae's place. "Donghae! Donghae! Wake up! Kangin lift him up and bring him in the car, we're bringing him the hospital!" Leeteuk ordered. Kangin complied, and brought Donghae to Leetuek's car, and all of the went inside and left to go to the hospital.

"Please don't leave like Eunhyuk did, Donghae, please.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Hi guys!

decided to change the Chapter 2 from the previous chapter 2.

Hope this is good~

Comment and Subscribe