Reality

I can't keep loving you from a distance

Two more days and she will be seeing Yoon Sol, her father bought food they can share and her mom reluctantly agree to cook some of them. She was busy packing her things when her mom went inside her room carrying their food packs. She stopped when she saw Jiwan and Yoon Sol's picture at the workshop.

"Jiwan, Yoon Sol will help you there right?" she asked.

Jiwan looked at the old lady still looking at their picture.

"Yes mom" she answered.

"Do you really like girls like Yoon Sol?" she asked again not looking at her.

"Mom, Yoon Sol is the first girl that I really like no it's not like, it's love. I love her mom." she answered.

"How can you live together? There's no marriage here" she asked in her worried voice.

She smile at her mother.

"Mom, we are just starting it's not like when I get there I will marry her. There's so much ahead of us. We can go to UK, Taiwan, or Australia to get married. You've known Yoon Sol mom more than you know the boyfriends that I invited here. You know she's a good person why worry?" Jiwan answered.

Her mom put away some hair from her face.

"Your my first born, your father accepted the two of you but you cannot take away the fear in me. I took care of you and carry you for nine months, it's normal for a mother to be bothered. I'm not saying I'm against it because always remember Jiwan the first person who will get hurt if other people mock you and Yoon Sol will be us your parents" she explained and hugged her.

"Thanks, mom. I know you’re afraid but having her is worth the risk already. All along I've been looking somewhere else and there she is, always with me, taking care of me and loving me in the sideline. It took so long to finally realize, I want to take my chance on her, on us. I'm a big girl now mom, you taught me a lot, I know if I stumble again or if everything will not work out. I know I can go back right" Jiwan told her mother and wiping her tears away.

"How's Yoon Sol's parents, Jiwan? Do they know that the two of you are dating? I want grandchildren tell that to Yoon Sol, I don't know how will you do that but at least give us grandchildren" she said.

Jiwan laughed. "I will ask her Mom. Mom! Soon not now we're still studying" she said.

Jiwan is relieved to know her mom is coming to terms on their situation now. She explained her the food she packed and the portions for Yoon Sol and for her. She wondered if Yoon Sol's parents know their relationship.

-------------------------

It’s 1pm at Kloten Airport, Sol is patiently waiting for Jiwan’s flight. She’s nervous it’s been months since she saw her and finally her girlfriend is coming to study with her. She’s so proud of Jiwan, of what she have achieved in a short period of time.

While waiting for her she managed to play one old song she reminds her of the day she met Jiwan and how it all started.

 SOL POV

Met you by surprise

I didn't realize
That my life would change forever

"I am late again, " Sol said to herself. It's her 4th school and her dad brought her late again just like any other day. She's sprinting along the stairs and hallway of the first building and was caught by surprise by this petite girl with her semi curly long hair who is also sprinting to the same door she's trying to reach. They both tried to opened the doorknob of the room. Surprised she looked at her she's already taller than her but she smiled at her and somehow there's something 

"You’re our new classmate right? Jiwan, Seo Jiwan" she said.

She nodded. "Yoon, Sol, yes it's me. We are late!" she answered.

They realized they are both holding the door knob. Yoon Sol looked at their hands she noticed it was Jiwan who was holding the doorknob and she's holding this petite and bubbly girl's hand right now.

“! I’m holding her hand” I told myself.

She's about to retrieve her hand but Jiwan's right hand is fast enough to shake her hands.

"Nice meeting you Yoon Sol!" she said and finally open the door. She's left there still holding hands

 

“What just happened? What’s with me” Yoon sol asking herself.

“Shoot the teacher just scolded Jiwan and if I go inside she will do that to me too. I will just wait for Jiwan to come out”

They were both punished because of they were late. The teacher asked them to kneel down outside for a while.

"Yoon Sol, were you punished before during first day of school?" Jiwan asked.

"Hmm, No this is the first time. My dad woke up late that's why" she answered while aching for her forearms still on high.

"This is my nth time, my arms are strong enough already to withstand the pain" Jiwan brag.

Yoon Sol just smiled, what's with her as if they know each other for a long time already. They just met for a couple of hours today. Her smile charms her somehow, now she’s looking forward to lunch time she will ask her to eat lunch with her.

Lunch time came, Jiwan agreed but she noticed boys are lining up asking Jiwan to take their food.

“Jiwan, would you like my cake?” one boy asked.

“Really you’re giving it to me” she answered and say thank you to the boy.

“Yoon Sol, let’s eat we have dessert already” Jiwan grab her hand and moved to a certain spot inside the cafeteria

“They like you?” I asked

“Yes, I just accept what they give me. I don’t want to be rude” she answered me.

“Give it to me Jiwan” she said and opened the chips, the juice and the cake before they eat and I realized I have been doing it for her the entire time we are together whenever we eat. I would gladly prepare her food. I am happy to see her eating, Jiwan is not a picky eater. I love to see her enjoying her food.

“What is this?” she asked me.

“Gummy bears, Dad arrived from a trip abroad I have a box of that at home” I told her.

I opened it before handling it to her.

“Yoon Sol this is so good” she shouted.

I smiled and feel happy she likes the gummy bears that until now it’s her go to snack and something I would offer whenever she’s upset to anything or anyone or to me.

“Did you just broke up with Injun?” I asked her when I saw her at the bench pouting and crying. I tried to wipe her tears but she refused and handed her my handkerchief instead

“I broke up with him, he is cheating on me” she said.

“Here” I said and opened a pack of gummy bears before sitting beside her.

“You will find another soon. So many boys are lining up for you” I told her even though it’s piercing me bit by bit because I want it to be me.

Why she can’t see me? Why she can’t feel what I have for her I asked myself. I am there offering a pack of Gummy bears every time she will tell me come to our bench

 

--------------------------

 

Saw you standing there
I didn't know I cared
There was something special in the air….

Flight KE918 arriving and is about to land at the runway of Kloten airport. 11 hours and 5 minutes and I’m finally standing in a foreign land arrival area waiting for her holding her flowers.

They announced the arrival, so nervous  now she will be finally here and the thought of being together now while studying is what I always wanted. I even clean the dorm before heading here. I can only see her through video calls but after changing major mostly they only call half an hour per day because she needs to catch up with everything.

I bought a bouquet of white lilies for Jiwan. I smelled the flowers and they lovely. Jiwan likes pretty things. I know she will like what I bought for her.

Passengers are coming out already and the anxiety is rising for me. The anticipation that anytime I will see her coming out,

I spotted her already wearing her favorite dress. She look so beautiful now than the last time I saw her.

Our eyes met, she waived at me and I know what will happen next thing I know she is running towards me, started shouting my name “Yoon Sol!”

People are staring and I don’t care I am running too towards her. It’s her who usually run and happily hug me whenever we meet but not now I decided to give it a go and run towards her but she stopped midway looking at me, lovingly smiling.

Jiwan walk slowly towards me and hugged me in the middle of the arrival area of Kloten.

I gave her the lilies and she gave a quick kiss upon receiving it. I know people are watching but who cares. I don’t know them I only have my eye for this special person who worked her up just to join me here in Zurich.

“Is your flight okay” I asked her.

She nodded.

“are you okay?” I asked worried.

She nodded again.

“You can speak right?” I asked.

She nodded. “I can’t believe it Yoon Sol! I am here already!” she said.

I grab her luggage “better be, we will be here for a year or two” I told her.

Like the usual Jiwan she hold my arms as we walked out and it’s nice to feel that familiar touch that I terribly missed for months now.

 

“Let’s go straight to the dorm tomorrow we need to pass all your documents. I have few hours before class. I will show around, you will like the school” I told her.

Jiwan nodded still in awe with the new place.

“Yoon Sol! The place is beautiful” she said. I nodded.

“The countryside is way more beautiful let’s explore once the semester ended” I proposed.

… the song ends and it’s like my life finally having Jiwan with me. I can wait to start my life with her in this part of the world.

---------------

JIWAN POV

Airport is 15 minutes away from the university. Jiwan can’t believe she’s holding her girlfriend’s hand once again. She missed those big hands of Yoon Sol.

“Yoon Sol the school is so big” I told her.

“Wait until you see inside but you need to rest first It’s been 11 hours, Jiwan. You must have a jet lag now” answered and I can sense that she’s worried about me.

A few minutes more and were at the dorm, Yoon Sol manage to call the dorm manager and inform that I arrived already. She will show me around tomorrow and will bring me to my major classroom.

The dorm is quiet big, it’s not like her apartment near the uni but we can live together there. I saw our picture on her study table.

“You have this” I asked I pointed our picture at the theme park.

“Yes I placed it there so I can always see you”

I tried my new bed and her bed which is just opposite mine.

“I like you bed Yoon Sol” I told her

“Do you like to exchange?” she asked.

“No I like to sleep here with you” I boldly told her. She smiled at me and sit beside me.

“Really?” she asked me I can sense she is teasing me.

“Yoon Sol, I told you before you know my side of the bed” I told her looking at straight in the eyes. I can see she’s nervous.

“I’m hungry, Sol” I told her. She smiled and stood up.

“I cooked something for you. I know you will be hungry” she said while preparing food for us.

I stopped her. “Yoon Sol, starting today we do this together. We prepare things together. You’ve been doing this to me for the longest time. It’s time we do it not only you” I told her and get the plates from her.

“I realized you’ve been taking care of me ever since and I like it, thankful for it but this is a relationship and we are two people in this relationship. You can’t always so it for me.” I told her.

“Ohh wow since when you’re like this, Seo Jiwan” she asked me.

“My mom told me if we want this to work out then we do everything together and I realized there’s so many things that you’re always doing for me but I can’t remember a thing that I did for you. I promised her I will tell you” I explained to her and asked her to sit down and start eating.She prepared some Swiss dinner for me. We end dinner with a glass of wine and chocolates.

Being with her finally, it’s been a long way ride to be with her but finally I’m spending a year or two with my favorite person in the world.