Everyday, Every Moment

I can't keep loving you from a distance

Three days before her flight... all papers are neatly placed inside a folder on top of her table. She looks at the picture of them back in Middle school. She's always by Jiwan's side, Jiwan's first crush, first date, first heart break, and as time pass by her constant listener whenever she's happy how the date turned out or how she whines because it's a bad idea that she went out to that guide. She even played cupid for some. The first crush that asked Jiwan out turned out to be the one that crushed her heart first.

She didn't recognize how awkward and how hurt she was when Jiwan's crush barged in while they were eating their lunch together and publicly asked her out. She wanted to run and cry but found herself dumbfoundedly stuck on her seat. It will never be the same when she come into terms of this feeling of hurt. Holding that picture and finding herself crying again. "It's been 10 years and only now that I finally have the guts to tell you how I feel for you for a decade and I'm about to run away from you because I can't bear this pain anymore" she whispered to Jiwan's picture.

She went back to their workshop the following day, finding Nabi seating down in one of the sofas she seat beside her.

"Hey How's.." Nabi asked.

"All papers are prepared already. I talked to professor she needs to meet me after my presentation tomorrow" she answered. "I'm not talking about your papers, I mean Jiwan" she said.

"Ohh, I haven't seen her nor talk to her ever since that night" she said sadly. They heard steps coming outside. It's a familiar one, she knows she is coming. "Jiwan!" Nabi shouted and smiled. Jiwan was stuck in front of the door, she cannot afford to take one more step upon seeing, Yoon Sol. Their eyes met and she retreated as quickly as she can. "Nabi! I'll be at the lecture room ok." she said. No shouting of her name, she wanted to run out immediately away from Yoon Sol.

"What just happened?" Nabi asked Yoon Sol. "I don't know" she said sadly answer. "Prepare your report for tomorrow Sol. I will talk to her now" Nabi advise her and followed Jiwan. She stopped once she's inside the lecture room. No one followed her and she can see how disappointed Sol is when she turned away. Nabi was surely surprised. She feels so stupid right now.

"Jiwan!" she heard Nabi. "What's going on?" Nabi asked her.

"I can't go in there!" she answered.

"Why? because Sol is there?" Nabi asked and she nodded sadly. "You don't have to if you can't but how come you just come to school now?" she asked her again. "I'm sure Sol already told you about it" Jiwan said. "She told you she likes you not as friends, is that it?" Nabi continue. They sat down and she half crying faced Nabi. Nabi held her hands.

"Aren't you happy?she finally come to say it" Nabi asked. "I am but it's all new to me Nabi. I treasured her so much as my friend and now this" she admitted to her. Nabi hugged her.

"Yoon Sol is a mess for 2 weeks now, Jiwan. She did love you not only as a friend but more than that. The two of you are lucky to have something solid and stable to start with, why run away. Didn't you like her?" Nabi uttered.

"I like her, I like her a lot. I'm so scared the thought of her dating Ju Hyeok or You Se-hun. I don't like them around her, when I saw her with Ju Hyeok there's so much jealousy inside me, it hurts seeing her with other people. I heard her when she said it before I slept that night. I thought I can shrugged it off but ever since then, when she started to pushed me away and when she told me she likes me, it's so much for me. I can't contain it and I did the most stupid thing -- run away from her. Nabi, losing her would be doom for me. I actually don't like her, I love her, a lot and big time." Jiwan explained. "It's better the 2 of you talked about it. Jiwan, talked to her before..." Nabi halted her sentence.

"Jiwan! finally you're here! Stupid you Yoon Sol is leaving in 3 days time!" Bit-Na shouted upon seeing Jiwan.

Nabi looked at her classmate and then looked at Bit-Na, signaling Jiwan doesn't know about it. Jiwan even looked so sad upon hearing it from Bit-Na. She stormed out of the lecture room without saying a word.

"looked what you did" Nabi said to Bit-Na "I didn't know, sorry. Let her be I'm pretty sure Yoon Sol will not tell it to her especially now" Bit-na said.

She went back to the workshop, Sol is busy working on her report for tomorrow. Professors from Zurich will be in Video call to see her and her piece. She went inside quietly. Sol is looking at her paper drafting something not realizing Jiwan is in front of her already.

"Finalizing your paper for the exchange program" Jiwan said. She is having a hard time thinking how to start conversation with her best friend. Yoon Sol looked at her. Sol can see her friend tears.

Sol nodded, she stopped what she's doing and stood up. "I need to present it tomorrow before.." she answered and looked away. "You didn't tell me" Jiwan said. "I wanted to but you're not around and I don't know if you will respond to me if I call you" Sol reasoned out.

"Congratulations, Yoon Sol. I'm happy for you" she said and turned around to go out because she cannot do this anymore. She's about to cry now. Her best friend just confirmed she's finally going and she can't do anything now because she will be stuck in the University.

Her tears are starting to fall now and she needs to move far away from Yoon Sol, she passed through Nabi and Bit-na but there's a familiar voice calling her.

"Jiwan! wait up!" Sol shouted. Bit-na was signalling Sol to hurry up so she can catch Jiwan fast. Sol run faster upon seeing Bit-na.

A familiar hold touch her arms. "I said wait up!" Yoon sol shouted. Jiwan stopped, Sol turned her around and surprised to see her crying.

"Your crying?" Sol asked. Jiwan wiped her tears.

"I need to go" Jiwan beg.

"That's it! You will just tell me Congratulations and good luck huh? Then you will run away" Yoon sol asked.

" I..." Jiwan stuttered. Yoon Sol is waiting. She lunged herself to Yoon Sol, hugging her tight and started crying. Yoon Sol suprised but hugged her back. When they separate Sol wiped her tears. "What else can I say. Can I stop you from going" Jiwan said.

"I can't stopped from going too but..." Sol answered.

Their mobile phones got a message at the same time. It's from a common friend inviting them to have coffee after school. "Let's talk after this" Jiwan said. Yoon sol nodded and Jiwan went back with her to the workshop. She just seat at Yoon Sol's place watching her finishing her progress report for tomorrow.Taking glances at Yoon Sol whenever she's writing her report and still feeling sad at the same time.

They went together at the cafe. Their friend just told them she and long time bf will get married next year.

"It's like a turning point in our lives. We've been together for 5 years" They looked at each other next thing they know they were back in that swing.

The place become their haven whenever things won't worked between them.

"Sol Ah, If I tell you I don't like you like the way you like me, What will happen to us?" she asked.

Sol looked at her pretty disappointed.

"I will still like you, like now. You will not return my feelings" her friend answered.

"But if I tell you I like you and we started dating and break up later....yet  I did'nt want to stay like this" Jiwan said.

Sol smiled she cannot believed what Jiwan said.

She kneel in front of Jiwan smiling. 

"Is that what worries you?" She asked.

Jiwan nodded. "What do we do?" 

"Seo Jiwan, my feelings will never change" and hugged her. She is so happy finally their feelings are mutual.

She felt her arms hugging her back, when they separate Jiwan is still sad.

"You're still leaving right?" Jiwan sadly asked.

Sol smile fades away and nodded. " I signed the scholarship, Jiwan. It's only a year. Next thing you know we will be graduating together" Sol consoles her.

Jiwan ebraced her again. "We are just starting and within 72 hours you will be half the globe away from me" Jiwan whispered.

She kissed Jiwan's forehead. "We are friends before, 10 years remember we can survice 1 year" she told her. Sol asked her to stand up and embraced her again. "Thank you for liking me, Jiwan" she said. She holds Jiwan's hand now. It's amazing how her hands felt so right on hers.

Her happiness overrides her sadness of leaving her because her journey outside their world is about to begin.

"Let's make up for everyday and live the 72 hours moment of our lives happy" Jiwan told her while they start to walk home that night.