Hardest Day

I can't keep loving you from a distance

It's 7am, Yoon Sol wasn't able to have a good sleep even though she knows Jiwan is right there by her side maybe because she's so conscious that it's her last day and it will be her hardest day. Hardest day when you're looking at the person beside you, the person that you have long to be with for 10 years, the person that you love for 10 years. She just keep on staring at her while she is sound asleeping. Casually playing with her hair from time to time. "Why so soon, Jiwan. I'm leaving in a matter of time" she whispered. Jiwan gently opened her eyes and it's Yoon Sol's eyes that she first see.

"How long have you been staring at me?" she asked, pull Sol for a peck on her cheek.

"Not for long. I like watching you sleeping" Yoon Sol answered and kissed her again, she kissed returned the kissed because she knows she will never get tired of it, in Jiwan's mind-  "it's their last time together make most out of it".

When their lips parted Jiwan held her face and Yoon Sol reacted to her touch, holding her hands. Yoon Sol looked at Jiwan, almost crying. "I don't want you to go Yoon Sol" she softly said. How can she answered that when all is final and she signed the papers already. "Do you think I want to leave you, Jiwan shi!" she asked too, while their foreheads touched.

Jiwan did not respond she just bury her head to Yoon Sol's chest. When she lift her head, Yoon Sol can see her tears, welling up. She embraced her again. " I will be back soon, Jiwan. Do good with your project so you can join me in no time" She whspered.

"We need to eat breakfast and I need to prepare now" Yoon Sol said standing up and was about to go and prepare coffee. Jiwan stopped her to kiss her again. "I will do good and join you there soon" Jiwan said.

"Come on let's eat and help me prepare some things" her girlfriend said.

With a heavy heart they eat breakfast together, cuddle in most of the time and she helped her prepare her things.

-------

Two hours before take off. They in front of the airport.

"Do you have your documents ready?" Jiwan asked.

"Yes I have, Can you go home alone?" Sol worried about Jiwan

"Silly, I am a big girl I can go home" she said.

"Did you check your lugagges?" Jiwan asked again "Did you have your passport, your ticket?" Jiwan asked again.

Yoon Sol can feel anxiousness from Jiwan or she's just holding back something, keep on phasing from her right side to left side.

Yoon Sol stopped Jiwan. "Jiwan stop please" holding her girlfriend.

Her girlfriend stopped and but barely looking at her

"Jiwan, look at me!" Sol asked.

Jiwan didn't say anything and her head still looking down.

Yoon Sol manage to gently push it up through her hands by Jiwan's chin.

"Your crying?" Yoon Sol ask

Jiwan envelope the taller girl with her arms.

"It won't be long, Jiwan ah. Don't cry now!" She asked her girlfriend. The embraced just tightened and it's harder to leave now.

She tried hard to look at Jiwan who is already crying. Yoon Sol wiped the tears, "look at me, Jiwan please" she begged. Yoon Sol cupped it with her big hands and kissed her. She can feel she's  crying also.

"I'l be back ok, Do good with your project then asked Nabi to help you out with the exchange program. Ok! Jiwan I love you! Always remember that" Yoon Sol said wiping her own tears.

Sol looked at her watch and it's time for her to go inside and check in.

"Jiwan, I need to go now. Please stop crying it will be a lot harder for me" she pleaded.

Jiwan wiped her tears with her sweater she borrowes from Yoon Sol.

"Take care of my place, Jiwan. I will be back promise" Yoon Sol handed down the keys of her apartment. 

Yoon Sol hugged her one more time. Jiwan grabbed her jacket.

"Yoon Sol, don't forget to call me once you're there! I will wait for your call everyday" The shorter woman hugged her for the last time before Sol entered the airport.

She can still Yoon Sol waving goodbye to her.

She waved back until she can see her no more. She looked at the keys, that place will be empty and it makes her heart feel heavy because yoon Sol is not there anymore.

Sol cannot she Jiwan, but the last text arrived from Jiwan when she's still waiting for boarding time.

"My Sol, you take good care of your self. I promise to do good to be with you there soon! I love you Yoon Sol" She smiled 

"I love you Jiwan, always ever since... I will wait for you" Sol texted back.

She finally stand up because they are already calling the passengers for their flight for Zurich.

365 days that's what she has to endure before she can come back to the love of her life!

She hopes Jiwan will make it through and she will survive it too, this first long separation after being together for 10 years.