Me Beside You

I can't keep loving you from a distance

24 hours:

They agreed to meet up at that restaurant and eat breakfast together before heading to school and present her progress report.

Their food came.

"Is there something wrong, Jiwan?" she asked.

Yoon Sol has the habit of preparing her spoon and her food before starting to eat hers. Jiwan half smiled.

"Nothing it's just that..."

"Shh, we agreed yesterday remember we only have 72 hours to spend with so don't waste it to be sad. I don't like to leave and having memories of you half smiling or crying" Yoon Sol said.

Jiwan forced a smile.

"Let's eat, don't you like this" Yoon Sol already pick it up by her chopstick and offer it to her. She ate it and smiled at back. This habit of Sol she will miss once she leave her.

"Are you going to watch when I present my report?" Sol asked Jiwan.

"Can you help me with my project then we eat dinner together later and stay at your place after?" Jiwan added.

Sol looked at her in awe she never asked this kind of request before.

"They are drinking after the report, you dont like to join them" Sol asked.

"We only have 4320 minutes, I like to spend it with you" she shyly answered.

"Since when you were good in converting hours to minutes. Ok if that's what you want! I think you need to start eating, my report is an hour away from now.

 

---------------------------

Yoon sol is all set but she's nervous... Jiwan fixed her black jacket. 

"You can do this" she whispered before giving her cheek a light kiss and running towards Bit-Na and Nabi who are seating already along the 2nd row of the Auditorium.

"Professors from Zurich are now with us!" the emcee announced.

"Yoon, Sol our presentor will be discussing her progress report about her project entitled "Union" the emcee introduced her!

"Yoon Sol fighting!" Jiwan shouted and everyone laughed.

Yoon Sol take a deep breath before she proceeds to the podium. She looked at her friends and lastly to Jiwan before starting her report.

"Union....

... things are coming together, forming one like two people becoming "one"

The progress report went well. She and their professor are still talking when she heard her call.

"Yoon Sol!" Jiwan shouted and she shyly acknowledged it in front of their teacher.

"Sol we still need to talk before you leave be sure you meet me. Now go Jiwan is waiting for you" the professor dismissed her.

Jiwan run to hug her. "You did great up there! So proud of you" she whispered her arms still around her neck.

"We're eating and most likely be drinking after, are you two joining us?" Nabi asked them smiling.

Yoon Sol looked at Jiwan. Jiwan smirked hinting Sol they will not join the group.

"We will pass Nabi, I need to help Jiwan with her project today." Yoon Sol reasoned out. Jiwan was nodding but smiling.

"Ok, Jiwan don't tire her out with your project. Sol might need to rest because..." Nabi didn't finish.

Jiwan smile fades she knows what Nabi is referring to.

Yoon Sol held her shoulder. "She won't tire me out Nabi" assures their friend.

They say goodbye to everyone and went back to the workshop.

"I just need to keep everything in place, Jiwan. What are we going to do with your project?" she asked while picking up her tools and carefully place them inside her tool box.

Sol heard no answer. 

Jiwan is standing still looking at her.

Sol smiled but her smile fades immediately and moved closer to her.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked her.

Jiwan didn't answer instead she moved her hands towards Yoon Sol as if a replay of what had happened before when Jiwan tried to sketch her.

"I want to remember you, remember your face. You brows, your nose, your lips" Jiwan said. Her fingers gently caresses her face.

Yoon Sol heart beats so fast, what's wrong with Jiwan.

Next thing she knows Jiwan's hand is holding her face. She wants to say stop but her body is doing the opposite. She likes the feel of Jiwan's hands on her face. She just frozed upon feeling Jiwan's touch. Trying so hard to stay still because anytime soon her body will betray her especially her hands.

"Yoon Sol!" she sofly called her.

"Hmm." she answered.

Jiwan kissed her forehead, her nose and her cheeks. The anticipation that Jiwan's lips will meet her is excruciating for Yoon Sol. She only dreamed of this moment, since Middle school she would anticipate what if she likes me too and maybe kiss one day!

"I want you to remember me while you're there!" she said and placed her arms around Sol's waist.

"Stupid you Jiwan! What makes you think I will forget you" she answered.

Jiwan pouted and went to her place, started to pour some stuff for her project. "It's Europe so many beautiful people there!" They are liberated! Everyone will like you there for sure" 

Yoon Sol smiled and followed the girl to her station. "What did I tell you last night" Sol asked and now it's her turn holding Jiwan's face.

"Your feelings will never change" Jiwan answered.

"Do you trust me?" Sol asked.

Jiwan nodded. "365 days Jiwan after that I will be here watching you present your project, watch you graduate" She knows Jiwan is shaking and her eyes cloudy, tears starting to fall. Gently wiping Jiwan's tears by her hands

She cannot stop herself, she's been waiting for this and it's now or never.

Next thing she knows she's kissing Jiwan lightly and she likes the way her lips feel on hers.

It's gentle and addicting. Sol's kiss is something she will never get tired of having. She knows Sol never dated anyone how come her kiss is like this. She kissed several dates before but the way Sol is kissing right now is different from the ones she had before. She likes it, no she loves it. Even though it's overwhelming, sudden sadness hit her. 

When Sol stopped. "Sorry I got carried away".

"Why say sorry Sol. Why do keep on saying sorry?" Jiwan asked.

Jiwan turned to kiss her again. She can't get enough of it she wants more. Jiwan's hands holding her neck  now.

Jiwan stopped. "Someone might come back and see us" she whispered. They giggled and agreed to work for an hour and eat together.

Yoon Sol went back to her station and started cleaning the place.

Little did they know Nabi and Bit-na was there behind the window. Bit-na 's smile is big time.

"OMG! Nabi so happy for them!" Bit-Na giggled while trying to be quiet.

"They deserve to be happy. Especially Sol we all know she's been waiting for so long for Jiwan to come around" Nabi whispered.

"Let's get inside" Bit-na said.

Nabi stopped her. "Let's go and drink, leave them in peace they barely have 3 days to be together. The 2 left smiling knowing their friends are both happy and in love with one another.

-------------

They left the workshop around 8pm, Jiwan's hungry.

"What do you want to eat?" Sol asked.

"Let's have a take out, Yoon Sol I am so tired." Jiwan answered.

"So it's usual?" Yoon Sol asked. The latter nodded. Yoon Sol dialled the delivery number and ordered their favorite noodles and dumplings"

"Come let's go to my place" Sol hold her hands and they walked to her apartment.

Jiwan noticed the luggages and some folders.

"You packed your things already?" Jiwan asked. Yoon Sol nodded while taking off her shoes.

Yoon Sol gave her slippers. Jiwan take off her shoes and wear the one Yoon Sol gave her.

"What did your parents say?" Jiwan asked. Yoon Sol removed take off her jacket and neatly hang it before anwering.

"They are happy for me. They are looking forward to this, me accepting the exchange program" Yoon Sol answered.

Yoon Sol hold her hand and asked her to take off her jacket too, placing it beside hers.

Jiwan sat on the edge of Sol's bed, Sol joined her after getting her bag and neatly placing it beside her backpack.

"So they are really supportive of this" 

Sol smiled, nodded and joined her on the edge of her bed.

"Do you want to watch movie after we eat dinner" Sol asked.

"I don't know, Sol. It doesn't seem right to watch movies at this time" Jiwan answered. Jiwan tried so hard not to look Sol in the eyes because the Sol's bed is warm and cozy. She knows it very well she sleeped on it for countless of times whenever she got wasted or don't like to going home or whenever they are working late with their project. She knows her side on that bed. Now she finally understand why it feels home whenever she's in Sol's apartment.
The door bell ring signaling their dinner has come. Sol went to get it.

Jiwan just looked at Sol smiling while preparing their food. How can she survive 365 days without this person? Jiwan asked herself. I should haven't stayed away for two weeks. She might not accept that program but she can do that to her friend. She always happy to see her achieving what she deserves to achieve. 

"Jiwan shi, aren't you hungry? Come here and let's eat" Sol called her.

She oberves Sol while they are eating.

"Something on my face" Sol asked. Jiwan smiled and removed the sauce of the noodles at the side of Sol's lips with her fingers.

"Yes, sometimes you're a messy eater. You know" Jiwan happily.

"I am not!" Sol defended. Jiwan smiled and pick a dumpling to feed her.

"Let's eat, messy eater" Jiwan teased.

Sol tried to protest but Jiwan feed her another dumpling then kissed her cheek.

Sol smiled.    They ate happily, feeding one another with their food.

Jiwan clean the dishes after their dinner. She felt Sol's arms around her waist. Sol's chin resting on her shoulder.

"Do you want me to finish this or what?" Jiwan asked.

"Jiwan" she softly said.

"Hmm" Jiwan answered.

"Jiwan" Sol called again. 

Their eyes meet, Sol smiled at her. "Thank you" and kissed her again on her nose. She tried to splash her some soap and Sol retalites by splashing soapy water to her face too. It feels like they were kids having a fun with soapy water. Sol stopped when she left and get a towel to wipe her face. 

"Hold still, I will wipe your face! What's with you. I just said thank you" Sol asked while gently removing any soap on her cheeks.

"Why say thank you Yoon Sol? I think it's me who should be thanking you instead" Jiwan explained.

"Thank you for this day, for supporting me this morning, for cheering me up for coming around" Sol continues.

Sol put down the towel and placed her hands on the sink somewhat trapping Jiwan inside her long arms. Lovingly looking at Jiwan's eyes. She wanted to retreat but she can't.

"It took me for a while, Yoon Sol to realize but thank you for confessing that night. I will not realize this feeling I have for you if you did not tell me that" Jiwan said.

Yoon Sol did not say anything she just stares at Jiwan again with longing. Jiwan tried not to look at Yoon Sol she knows what will happen next.

"I think I need to finish the dishes" Jiwan said. "I clean up first after that you clean yourself I will prepare your clothes ok" Sol said and left her alone. She can hear the water coming from the shower. When she's done she saw her night clothes neatly on top Sol's bed. 

She knows she had a drawer of clothes in Yoon Sol's apartment. Whenever she's wasted Yoon Sol knows she will stay until the next morning. She just now realized why Sol never get herself drunk because she knows how wasted she will be after a two hour round of drinkng with their classmates. Yoon Sol would bring her home or bring her to the apartment. She saw the brochure of the school and opened it. It's one of the best schools and she cannot even finished a project this semester. She wanted to go with her too but her grades is not enough for an exchange program.

The smell of her lavander shampoo lingers to the air as Yoon Sol went out drying her hair.

Jiwan smiled and pick up her night clothes.

"You smell good, Yoon Sol" jiwan and go to clean herself.

She looked at her suprised. Is Jiwan flirting with me, she asked herself. 

Yoon Sol is patiently waiting for Jiwan to come out.

She never felt this nervous before right after Jiwan opened the bathroom door.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Sol asked. 

Jiwan smiled. "No movies tonight Yoon sol" the latter declined.

"You want me to comb your hair" Sol offered.

"Are you nervous, Yoon sol We practically do this sleepover every week. Is there something going on?" She asked 
"No, nothing we do sleep over weekly but we always watch movies or your wasted because of drinking. I don't know what you want to night" Sol explained. Jiwan's done drying her hair. She proceed in front of Yoon Sol and sit beside her.

"I realized I don't like anything for now, Yoon Sol. I only want to be right here with you tonight." Jiwan leaned her head on Yoon Sol's arms. Slowly playing Sol's hands and fingers. 

Sol smiled her heart can contained what she heard from Jiwan. Electricity is what she feels everytime Jiwan caresses her fingers.

"Jiwan, I also realized I need you more than ever" Sol said.

Sol faced Jiwan this time it's her playing with Jiwan's hands

"Sol, what will I do without you?" she asked the tall girl.

Yoon Sol moved closer to her and held her face. "I am always here beside you, behind you. I will always be watching your back no matter what?"

Sol decided to moved to her side of the bed and invite Jiwan now to lay next to her.

Jiwan hugged her just like before. She knows this sleep over will be different from the previous ones. She knows she will sleep well because she's with the right person now.

Yoon Soll starts to caress her hair. It been her habit to let her fall asleep even if she's dead drunk, she would lightly comb her hair using her fingers.

"Yoon Sol" Jiwan called.

"Hmmm" 

Jiwan gave her a peck before burying her head to her chest.

Yoon Sol responded by kissing her forehead. "Good night, Jiwan". As Jiwan fall asleep. Sol stares at her bestfriend.

"I love you, Jiwan" she whispered and Sol did not see it as she closed her eyes tucking this girl closer her, Jiwan smiled.

She can finally sleep peacefully and happy tonight.