Chapter 7

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did you guys know that someone had locked themselves in the gymnasium and spent the night there??" Nayeon announced the fresh gossip she had managed to pick up while she sat down on the table, sadly Momo was forced to eat with them by Sana... again. The news she heard from the bunny teeth girl got her ears perked up for no one else was locked up in the gymnasium except her and Mina. "Apparently the janitress had caught them making out this morning when sh-" Nayeon couldn't continue for Momo had abruptly stood up and exclaimed  "That is outrageous!" All the people inside the cafeteria looked at her like she's some sort of weirdo, feeling embarrassed Momo immediately took a seat and calmed herself down.

"They were caught making out huh?" Mina inquired acting surprised while Momo stops herself from throwing her mashed potato on the latter's face, she glared at her instead but Mina waved it off with a stifled giggle. 

"Uhuh!" Nayeon convicted while nodding her head proud at the gossip that she's sharing. "The two immediately ran out of the gymnasium embarrassed after getting caught." She said as she eats her meal.

"That is so not true! I would rather be found dead than make out with Mina!" Momo yelled while she slams her closed fists on the table, the whole cafeteria went quiet as they all turn to face where the outburst came from; Nayeon, Sana, and Jihyo gasps. "So it was you two!" Nayeon exclaimed pointing at them. " Woah~" Jihyo voiced out while Sana gawks at Mina and Momo as if asking if it was true. Mina sighs before deciding to answer them, "We got locked at the gymnasium while searching for her necklace but we didn't make out." Mina explained earning a nod from Momo, "That's right! There's no way in hell I'd kiss her! Disgusting!" Momo exclaimed and acted as if she was about to puke and this offended Mina. "What did you say??" She asked putting her spoon and fork down, Momo leaned back and gaze at Mina. "You heard me." 

"Hey~ hey~ don't fight, we're in the middle of lunch." Sana tried to disperse the impending start of an argument, and it was successful- quite that is, Mina wipes , cleaned her half-eaten lunch, and stood up, "I'm finished, I'll head back to the room." She muttered coldly before walking out. Nayeon, Jihyo, and Sana all looked at Momo, there was disappointment in Sana's eyes while displeasure on the other two.

"That wasn't something nice to say..." Sana tore her gaze away from Momo to finish her meal.

Momo on the other hand let out a huff- did she feel bad after Mina had walked out? Of course not, but she's unhappy with the looked the other three had given her and that's when her conscience started telling her crap. "You really have a way to use that mouth of yours huh? If it weren't for Mina you'll never find that precious jewelry of yours, you didn't even thank her properly you had to badmouth her while eating."

"It's not like I asked her to! I was doing fine searching on my own!"   Momo told herself, "It's not like I lied anyway, what's there to be upset about?? How petty!" Momo insisted but her conscience kept bugging her that she couldn't enjoy her supposed to be delicious lunch.

 

"Do you have to be that mean?" Sana asked while they were walking back to their class, "What did she do to you anyway for you to act like that?" Sana added and this got Momo annoyed.

 

"We only met Sana stop acting like you know me, it's irritating. If you badly want to be in Mina's pants then go bother her not me" Momo spats and Sana couldn't believe her ears, she genuinely wants to befriend Momo yet she's being treated this way. "What you just said really hurt me Momo..." Sana frown and sigh in dismay before walking ahead, leaving Momo be. 

 

Momo ran her hand on her face, upset at herself for having such an attitude, lashing out at Sana for she couldn't answer the question she was asking. "Stupid." 

 

"You're despicable Hirai, your disposition disgusts me." Jihyo scorned as she and Nayeon passed by her. Momo was filled with distressing emotions swirling in the pits of her stomach, realizing how she went overboard with the people around her today. "I should apologize..." She told herself feeling down before deciding to head back to class.

 

The afternoon class wasn't eventful for Hirai Momo just like how she wants it except that she's feeling extremely guilty for what she did, the unsettling vibe is making it hard for her to breathe. She glance in Sana's direction and she wasn't her usual cheerful self, her lips were pursed while she's seriously listening to the lecture. Momo sighs, this is why she doesn't want any friends... the excess emotional baggage always tags along and now she can't peacefully focus in the class without thinking about how to apologize. Her cleaning duty with Mina is pretty distressing as well, there was this uncomfortable silence between them as they go on their separate ways of tidying the room. Mina acted as if she doesn't exist and Momo tried to shrug it off, it's what she wants anyway.

 

Now she's standing in front of the entrance of their building looking at the heavy rainfall, Momo cursed under her breath for forgetting to bring an umbrella, her phone is dead as well so she can't ask her driver to fetch her. Mina on the other hand took out her umbrella and proceeded to get going, not even bothering to glance at Momo.

 

"Just keep walking Myoui Sharon Mina! Do not turn around and give her your umbrella! You'll take the bus today for pete's sake-" Mina may be upset at Momo for calling her disgusting but she just couldn't let her run into the rain, she sighs, she hates herself sometimes. Stopping on her heel Mina went back to where Momo is still standing; she approached her, grabbed her hand, and place her umbrella there before running through the rain, her bag over her head to serve as a covering. Momo was taken aback as she watched Mina's retreating figure while she holds the umbrella the latter lent her.

 

The next day, Momo arrived at school and she sees Sana already putting her stuff in her locker, smiling at the people that greeted her but instinctively frowns when she had seen Momo approach her. Sana closed her locker and was about to leave when Momo pulled her by the hem of her sleeve. Momo looked at her shined leather shoes as she muttered her words of apologies. "I'm sorry, what I said to you yesterday was out of line... I hurt you and I promise I'll try to be better from now on."  Momo finished before finally looking up and that's when Sana had cupped her face and squished her cheeks. "You're so adorable while you're apologizing and I'm so glad you did! Apology accepted!" Sana gleamed with tears in her eyes as she engulfed Momo in a bear hug.

 

"S-Sana- can't breathe-"

 

"Oh~ sorry, I got carried away." Sana giggled after pulling away, the two of them then went to their class. Momo looked around to search for Mina to give her umbrella back but the class president was nowhere in sight. Momo waited till the bell had finally rung yet Mina didn't arrive.

 

"Mina called in sick so she won't be with us today, Nayeon you take charge-" Momo heard their class adviser announce, this marked the second time Mina was absent and it was her fault again.

 

---

 

"Ms. Hirai~" One of the Myoui's maids greeted upon opening the gates, quickly letting her in. She didn't really want to visit but it was partly her fault why Mina is sick and she has to give the umbrella back as well.

 

"The young miss is currently taking a rest in her room, she has a fever after having to come home yesterday soaked in the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter