Chapter 5

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina sighs for the nth time, she's on her room seated in front of her study table her head resting on top of the desk, repeatedly hitting her forehead on the surface.

"I'm jealous??? What the hell was that!? Why did I say it??" Mina scolded herself ruffling her hair in frustration. "And why is she so dense??" Mina asked no one as she remembers what happened inside the detention room.

"I'm jealous" She muttered hiding her face on the crook of Momo's neck, before pulling her even closer, feeling her warmth but Momo put her hands on Mina's shoulders and pushed herself up breaking away from the hug, walking a step away from Mina while eyeing her darkly.

"You shouldn't be... You're on top of the class, you have your mom... and your dad loves you. You're living a perfect life" Momo uttered in a low whisper, there was a hint of bitterness in her words. "What's there to be jealous of me?"

"She- she thought I'm jealous of her- I-" Mina let out a silent shriek, biting on her knuckles for Momo is driving her insane. "I guess I'm still lucky she didn't throw hands when I pulled her in..." She mumbled looking at her hand, and she can't help but to blush as it sinks in that she really did hug Momo.

With her heart wilding in her rib cage Mina let out a sigh as she looked up the high ceiling of her mint colored room. "It's also a good thing I'd get to spend more time with her after class for two weeks even if we're stuck on cleaning duty." She giggled to her whipped self, their adviser had sanctioned them to clean for two weeks since he noticed how they weren't still making up but still promised them not to put it on their records, that is if they wouldn't fight again.

Meanwhile, at the very same time, Momo was pacing around her room. "That Myoui Mina is sick in the head! I swear!" She frets, dainty fingers pinching the bridge of her nose, as she walks another round inside her room. "Jealous!? Is she for real!? She's been acting up because she was jealous of me?? That crazy lil-" Momo dives into her bed to scream on top her lungs at one of her pillows then she remembers how Mina hugs her close and she swears she could still feel her breath against her skin. Momo bolted up to her bathroom with a shriek, badly wanting to scrub the skin off that had contact with Mina, then perhaps, the hard beating of her heart, uneasy feeling in the pits of her stomach and the tingling of her skin where Mina's breath had touched would go away.

"I should've given her a headbutt when she pulled me close! I will never forgive that wench!" Momo growled as she lets the water from the shower hits her. "And now I have to stay after class with her!?? I mean whyy?? What did I even do in my past lives to deserve such horrid fate?"

"I'm jealous" Momo remembers it again and she felt as if her soul just disintegrated and left her body.

"AHHHHHHHHH I HATE YOU WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING!! I HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR EYEBROWS OR SOMETHING!"

---

"So what happened in the detention room? Did they scold you?" Sana asked worriedly as they pass through the halls to their next class, Momo huffs remembering that dreaded scene again. She took a deep breath while clutching on the books she's holding tightly, she sighs. "I've officially reached the peak of my hatred for her, thank you for reminding me." Momo smiled and it wasn't anywhere near happy. "Well... At least you weren't scolded." Momo puts her hand on Sana's arm as they sit, looking at her straight in the eye. "Trust me, I'd rather be scolded..."

"What happened anyway? I don't think I could quite grasp what you're talking about." Sana let out in frustration since Momo is making her confused. Momo shrugs, "We're told to clean for two weeks after class, and got threatened that it would be put in our records once we're caught fighting again." She uttered displeased earning a gasp from Sana. "You shouldn't have really thrown that dough in the first place."

"You know what I hate you, from now on you're not allowed to eat lunch with me." Momo glowered, slightly moving her desk and chair away from Sana's. The orange haired girl sulks and whines as she held onto Momo's arm. "Yahhh~ don't be like that Momoring. I still want your portion of pudding-" Sana couldn't continue when Momo swatted her hand away and glares at her, she laughs. "I'm kidding! Don't ditch me please-"

"Sit properly, the subject teacher is here." Sana heard Mina asserted, she wasn't looking at Mina but it felt like those words were directed at her causing Sana to straighten up and behave.

The whole day went normal with Momo trying her very best not to erase Mina off the face of the Earth, the latter didn't approached her or anything but the thought of her breathing the same air as her in the room was enough to annoy Momo. Not to mention how the other was making Sana uncomfortable on purpose, Momo can see how Mina would occasionally glare at Sana even though the girl was doing absolutely nothing.

"Do you think there's a chance for her to like me? Our class president is really pretty, I want her to like me." Sana whispered while she sulks at Momo who almost threw up. "Her!? Pretty- what the hell- No!" Momo scoffs in disbelief, Mina is not pretty and she will never be in her eyes, all that she could see is a demon's decent that crawled out of hell to make her suffer. Sana gasps at Momo's response while she stares at her like she grown a head or two. "You're blind."

The bell rings indicating that their class is done and it's time to go home, not for Momo though as she lets out a groan remembering how she has to clean up with the person she hated the most.

"I want to invite you to try that ice cream parlor I saw near school but you're staying behind... Promise me we will eat there once you're done with this detention thingy" Sana announced showing her raised pinky finger to seal the promise. Momo sighs since Sana looked so persistent and hooks her pinky on hers.

"I'll get going now~don't fight!" Sana warned her eyes squinting on Momo before a quick hug and in a blink of an eye Momo is alone in the room with Mina. Momo felt uneasy, she flinches every time she heard something move and she's highly alert whenever Mina comes few metres near her. Momo watched Mina's every move like a hawk through her peripherals. "I swear if she comes near my personal space I'd headbutt the living daylight out of her." Momo made a mental note as she erase the writings on the board.

None of the two were speaking, only the sound of them cleaning up could be heard that's why Momo could clearly hear the sound of footsteps approaching her. "Another step near me and I'll throw hands Myoui." Momo warned through gritted teeth still facing the board, but she could still hear Mina coming closer till she stops behind her. Momo felt her leaning, having enough of the personal space invasion Momo turned around and hit Mina's face with her forehead. The impact was so hard t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter