Chapter 9

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of utensils resonates throughout the dining area, serious atmosphere fills the air. It was only the two of them yet Momo sat on the edge of the long table while her father sat on the other end. Her Dad's face remained stoic but his eyes were sharp making Momo flinch once it landed on her. "How many times do I have to remind you about slouching?" He pointed out making Momo fix her sitting position right away. "How's work dad?" Momo gathered the courage to ask giving out a small smile. "Don't worry about my job. Focus on your studies." He replied before having a sip of his orange juice. "I heard from the maids that you're coming home later than usual. Why is that?" He asked and Momo's heart started to pick up its pace. She can't possibly tell him she got sanctions from a fight with Mina, luckily was quick. "Mina was tutoring me in math and chemistry." She responded breathing in relief when her father seems to not notice the lie.

" I see. Just make sure you're not out there doing any trouble. " He warned her as Momo subconsciously gulp. "Next time do the tutoring here at home. I don't want you to stay out too long. Also, bring Mina here tomorrow I will have the chef cook for her in exchange for the trouble of having to teach you after class." He told her before wiping his mouth, meal finished, he stood up. "I'm done, I'll head off to rest. By the way, your midterm examination is around the corner, study harder. Maybe this time you'll enter the top 20 at least."

---

Momo had been staring at her phone with Mina's number on the screen for God knows how long, whilst biting the tip of her nail. "I need to call her." She thought to herself but she can't seem to press the big green button. She paces around the room again. "God I hate myself for dragging me into this damned situation!" She groans before finally taking the phone, heaving a breath she presses call but Mina isn't answering.

"Answer your damn phone." Momo grumbled till finally, Mina accepted the call, the sound of keyboards being aggressively pressed was heard from her end. "What is it?" Mina asked voice laced in urgency. Momo took a deep breath yet again. "Come to our house tomorrow after school." She finally said she heard the sound of keys stop before Mina responded. " No."

"This girl- always around when I don't want her to and now that I'm inviting her over she refuses. I will always hate your guts, Myoui Mina." Momo rants out in her head but she desperately needs Mina's cooperation she'll be dead if her father finds out she lied. "I need you to come over-"

"I said no, I'll be playing league with Jihyo after school tomorrow." Mina replied, the sound of keyboards and clicking resumes again.

" Please..." Momo hates using that word let alone to Mina but desperate times call for desperate measures. "My dad asked why I was home late than usual and I can't tell him I was busy cleaning after class because I got into a fight with you. So I told him that you were tutoring me and now he wants you over for dinner after class."

" What do I get in return?" Mina asked, " What?" Momo responded confused. " Clearly you need my help and I have to cancel the schedule I have for tomorrow so I want something in return." Momo sighs in defeat, she doesn't have the upper hand so she has to oblige. " What is it that you want?"

" Hmmm I don't have anything specific yet but you have to do it once I've made up my mind." Mina had told her and Momo could almost visualize how Mina was grinning devilishly from ear to ear while saying those words on the other line.

"Fine."

"Well then if that's all, I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow Momo~" Mina laughs before ending the call.

" She's so-" Momo silently shrieks while strangling nothing but air imagining it was Mina's neck. She slumps on her bed, at least their cleaning duty ends tomorrow and she can carry on with her lies just until the exams are over. " You can do this Hirai Momo! Fighting!" She tried to cheer herself up.

Meanwhile, inside her room, Mina was smiling to herself. "Hey Ji, I can't play with you tomorrow" She said unmuting herself after Momo's call earning a groan from Jihyo. "What? Why? What the hell Mina, we already agreed to play tomorrow after school. I can't bear to hear Jeongyeon say we're backing off cause we're a bunch of chickens. Imagining it already makes my skin crawl." Jihyo complains but Mina already made up her mind, it was Momo after all. "Sorry Ji, something came up. Just bear with Jeongyeon's teasing for a while." Mina replied eliciting a grunt from Jihyo.

"What is it that you needed to do anyway?"

" Momo asked for-" Even before Mina could finish her phrase Jihyo butted in. " I hope you choke in your sleep." Before she ended the call, Mina laughed at it at first before she noticed that Jihyo disconnected from the game as well. "Yahhhh! I'm gonna lose the reward!!" She exclaimed while aggressively pressing the keys and clicking the mouse in a desperate attempt to keep her character alive.

Her phone beeps indicating a text from Momo, how did she know? Well, Mina might've set a different ringtone for Momo's number. Mina's hand stopped, attention now fully on phone.

From: Angry 🐷🍑

 

What food do you want to have tomorrow? So Hanako can buy the stuff.


Mina smiled and proceeded to type a reply ignoring her character in the game getting beaten to pulp by the boss.

To: Angry 🐷 🍑

 

I want some spicy beef and vegetable soup, as well as slices of watermelon :> can't wait to have dinner with you. Will you help cook? (~ ̄³ ̄)~

 

Mina giggled to herself for she can clearly visualize the disgusted look Momo is giving out at the mention of her most hated fruit. Minutes lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter