"Will I get hurt?"

We always know - A Nyongtory Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong was removing makeup off his face with some wet wipes. Daesung had recently started to be interested in skin care, and he had explained to him that there a very precise method of cleaning the skin after wearing makeup -  "circular movements", he said - but Jiyong already forgot it. He removed long black streaks from his eyes as much as he could, irritated, dirtying his cheeks. It was an operation that always gave him an annoying sense of weakness, as if he was moving too quickly from the G-Dragon he wanted to be to the Jiyong that he was.

It was right after one of their very first concerts. T.O.P and Seungri had already left for some time, but Jiyong knew he was going to find Seungri in the hotel, in the room they shared together and that they called "The Nyongtory Room". Daesung and Taeyang, on the other hand, were still there. Daesung was resting in a corner of the dressing room and Taeyang was wandering around, shirtless, without really having something to do, to the point that Jiyong wondered if he was trying to get compliments for his abs. Just when Jiyong was about to ask him what he was doing, Taeyang addressed him, with the voice tone of someone trying to make his words look as casual as possible.

"So, tell me," he began. "What do you see in him exactly?"

"What do I see in whom?" Jiyong asked, so surprised that his hands trembled. He missed his breath for a moment. Then he threw the dirty wet wipes into the thrash can and, looking in the mirror, he started running his hands through his hair to fix it. His hair was sweaty, but not so sweaty that he couldn't wait to go back to his room for a shower.

"Seungri. Who else?"

"Seungri?" Jiyong repeated stupidly, giving Taeyang a dubious look. Involuntarily, his eyes checked on Daesung, who was sleeping on a chair just beyond them. 

“Seungri, yes, do you think I don't notice the way you look at him? What do you find in him exactly? When you stare at him like this, you have the same look as T.O.P when he's admiring his collection of figures."

I like collecting things too, Jiyong would've liked to answer, pouting lips like a child. He turned away from him, hoping to avoid his gaze, but Taeyang's eyes reflected in the mirror straight on him.

"I'm not trying to accuse you of anything," Taeyang continued. He wasn't sure he got it right, but he decided to dare and to continue as he had started. “I only pointed this out to you because I noticed it, and like I did, everyone could notice it too. Really, you don't know how easy it is to read in your eyes sometimes." 

And this, Jiyong thought, this is a weakness of Kwon Jiyong that G-Dragon shouldn't have.

"It's none of your business." he grumbled. He was angry because he realized he was acting childish, but he didn't manage to do otherwise.

"You're my best friend. It will also be my business if you get hurt." Taeyang warned him gently.

When Jiyong turned to look at him di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter