"How did it happen?"

We always know - A Nyongtory Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(TW: Mentions Seungri's car accident. Story kept in a respectful way but if you don't feel like reading it, let me know and I'll just leave a small summary so that you can skip this chapter easily.)

 

It felt like his phone was burning in his hands. Jiyong put it back in his bag, he adjusted his hair, rolled up the sleeves of the blue and white shirt he was wearing, straightened his trousers. Only his face he didn't settle before he got out of the car, perhaps, because not wiping his tears with his hands might have allowed him to keep pretending he hadn't cried, and that nothing had happened. Or perhaps he simply wanted to keep that warm, moist trace on his cheeks, which indirectly came from his Seungri. I will never erase anything of yours from me, he told himself, remembering that time when Seungri left long red nail and kiss marks on his neck: Jiyong always preferred to cover them with a scarf rather than let the makeup artist cover them with makeup. He loved those signs somehow. He loved that they meant that I belong to you, just like you belong to me.

But it was different now. Another kind of marks ran down his cheeks. The tip of his tongue touched the taste of salty tears. 

Kiss me, he found himself thinking, for no reason at all, because Seungri wasn't there, simply because that was the first word that used to come to mind when he thought of him.

He kept replaying Daesung's phone call in his head. Did you hear what happened?  he said. No, Jiyong replied, astonished, what happened? he asked, frozen, when he realized something very bad must've happened.

It's not... It's not good news. Seungri was in a car accident. His car overturned.

And where is he now? How is he? - Jiyong's voice had become urgent.

They took him to the hospital. Jiyong found himself completely scared by Daesung's words. He was terrified. Echoes of his lastes interaction with the maknae came to his mind. The way he treated him, the harsh voice he used, once again bitter, once again tired, and now that Seungri was at the hospital, there was no way to take back what he had done and said.

But how did it happen?

I'll call you when I know more, Daesung replied. But listen, I know you two had fought. Please, call him as soon as we can contact him. Everything will be fine in the end. But you need to talk to him.

Mind your own business, Jiyong replied dryly, closing the communication.

He looked at the clock. He was about to take a plane, and even if he was perfectly on time, he felt a shiver of agitation down his spine. He kept his head low, trying to think about anything but Seungri. It wasn't easy. Seungri was in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter